SigmaTek Employee Reviews in United States

Difficult, yet rewarding
Regional Sales Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 26, 2016
Lot of travel. The expectation of constant travel does not allow for much family time. Therefore, work/life balance is not healthy.

Interaction with customers and prospects is the highlight and it becomes a fun challenge to demonstrate the value of the product to them.

I have learned so much from my mentor/manager and my experiences at 100's of customer facilities about lean(Six Sigma) and just about management and transparency of information to all team members involved.

My direct manager has been awesome to work with, however his hands have been tied too many times by upper management that is too interested in micromanaging and not trusting their managers.
Pros
Company Car, phone, free meals and hotel, lots of PTO
Cons
healthcare plan is awful, upper management is not in touch
Sigmatek Review
Applications Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 2, 2015
Good work environment, nice hours, mostly friendly people to work with. If you are a hands on person like me though that desires to be making, designing, or building something, you will probably grow restless. This job is basically answering phone calls and solving software problems.Traveling is a plus.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Limited Advancement Opportunities
Great place to work, but struggle with Benefits and Compensation
Hard Working Employee (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 2, 2014
Would love to really see the company move to match the 401K and change the work life. If you are not meeting with customers we should be able to dress down more. I believe that flex scheduling and moving to a more give back to employee mentality would go a long way.
Pros
free breakfast once a month
Cons
jeans once a month

Comment – May 28, 2015

The company has been proactive on listening to employees has changed the culture to favor employee engagement. We now have casual jean day every Friday. We also provide breakfast once a month as well as a summer cookout once a month during the summer months. This Thursday night cookout is a great way that the company gives back to its' employees.