Signal 88 Security

Signal 88 Security Employer Reviews

Drive around to different apartment complexes and ensure that there are no illegal activities being performed.
Security Officer (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COJuly 11, 2014
Pros: meet lots of interesting people.
Cons: terrible communication skills
I personally did not enjoy working for this company, the communication was terrible and so were the hours that were worked which could range from 6pm to 6am. The management did a terrible job of getting word to all of their employees and a lot of the time I would not find out about new information about one of our clients until a mistake was made.
Signal 88 Security
Owner/Operator (Former Employee), Boise IDJuly 10, 2014
Pros: great culture, fun people and challenging work.
Cons: late nights
Signal 88 Security is a great company to be apart of. I have enjoyed my time as a manager and owner immensely.
decent place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee), wichitaJuly 8, 2014
Easy job to perform. Management was easy to get along with and talk to. No real issues or problems,
Nice place to work and get some experience
Unarmed On-Call Security Officer (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 30, 2014
A typical day at work is basically securing the site you work. Patrolling the site to check for any safety hazards, suspicious activity, and anything that might be a threat for the client we are securing. We must write daily reports after each work day rather activity took place or not.

I've learned other ways of writing my reports, military time and – more... my co-workers are warm and friendly. Management tries hard to keep everyone working and make possible arrangements for and officer if needed.

I enjoy every thing about my job because I love everything about security. It runs in the family. I am a criminal justice major so any way I can help others has always been a major thing for my career. – less
Good Atmosphere but no Benefits
Civilian Based Security Officer (Current Employee), Exton, PAJune 18, 2014
Numerous Sites to work, friendly and open atmosphere. Training provided. Only con is no benefits.
terrible place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee), Silver Spring, MDJune 16, 2014
Cons: no breaks, management shows favoritism, terrible site managers, and leads
this is by far the worst company! i have worked various security companies and this one is organized and run terrible from the upper management no following through with complaints, to the favoritism shown to certain employees. your training days are free you don't get paid until you have been with the company fr 6 month and have worked 2000 hours. – more... the room for advancement is slim to none and you are promised a whole bunch of stuff that you will never receive. DO NOT APPLY HERE YOU WILL BE SORRY – less
Securing residents in Flint, quiet dangerous
Security Officer (Current Employee), Flint, MIMay 19, 2014
Pros: driving vehicle, break whenever i want
Cons: being in a dangerous area, not wanting to get out of vehicle too often if at all
Manager is a great guy, very hands on. The areas that we have to work in is one of the most dangerous parts of the city. Makes me feel uneasy about the job.
Welcoming co-workers with a good variety in sites to work
Security Officer (Former Employee), Various locations around OmahaMay 15, 2014
Pros: could choose any site/hours
Cons: conflicting management rules
A typical day was patrolling the assigned site regularly while documenting anything that seemed abnormal. I didn't learn too much because I already had previous knowledge from a similar duty in the Air Force. The only problem i had with management was that the entire team was replaced with new people save maybe two and i wasn't informed of it due to – more... the particular site i was assigned. Other than that, management was always courteous and treated me like their equal. It was always good to see a co-worker because most sites only have one person assigned, so we were all happy to be around each other when we could instead of being alone. I've never had a disagreement with a fellow employee here. The hardest part of this job was being alone for 40 hours a week. It really started taking it's toll later on in my employment. It was a bit depressing always being by myself, but i pushed through it. The most enjoyable part was having a choice in which site i was put at. There are plenty of sites with different to choose from. – less
its fun work place
Security Officer (Current Employee), Silver Spring, MDMay 13, 2014
i work at the enclave where i am resposible for 3000 people. it is a residencial appartment building. im in charge for any activities among the residence and also vistors in the building. i am an unarmed security officer
Just a paycheck
Chestnut Hill Hospital - Security Officer (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 21, 2014
Pros: desperate
Cons: high turnover rate, young staff
Managment desperate to hire anybody especially the younger generation that all day long talk on cell phones and get lost while on duty.
Stay away (edmond, ok)
roving security officer (Former Employee), Edmond okApril 4, 2014
Cons: everything with in this franchise is a con. there is nothing positive about this franchise
Let me start by saying each franchise is different and I'm rating my local franchise (edmond ok). This company hired me for my local area initially and ended up putting me in the south end okc instead. I was cheated many hours out of my pay and had to fight tooth and nail to get this back. Even went to the group and they were helpful to a certain extent. – more... Was blamed for stuff my supervisor told me not to do. Overall if you have a choice stay away from this company. They start you at $10 an hour regardless of your work history and will make you pay the in house price to get your CLEET license when I never had to pay a dime because of my military police experience. They are out to make money and that is the biggest scam. If in the okc area and have military police background call CLEET yourself before you just pay the in house price. I was able to find this helpful info out at my next security job which is MUCH better in my opinion. Like I said each franchise is completely different and this is only the rating of my local franchise. – less
Great Place
Patrol Officer (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 25, 2014
Pros: lunch 30 minutes, more than 8 hours i would take 1 hour lunch.
A typical day as a patrol officer can be very interested due to the locations you travel.The shifts are normal hours during the weekend. It has its good moments when the shift goes smooth without any problems nor alarm calls made. Throughout the night as you complete your patrols you come in contact with so many random and amazing people throughout – more... scottsdale. – less
Great Company
Business Development Executive (Current Employee), New Britain, CTMarch 19, 2014
Pros: good scope of leadership and growth.
Cons: lack of medical/benefits of insurance
Enjoy working with great group of co-workers. Good commutation between sales and operation teams.
Enjoy coming to work
Security Officer/Admin (Former Employee), Greenville, SCFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: employees are fun to work with
Cons: unable to get contracts
Enjoy co workers. Have very good management. I enjoy the vehicle roving patrols. I enjoy meeting up after work with employees working at the same time at different locations.
Apply at your own risk.
Roving and static patrol officer (Current Employee), Denver, COFebruary 15, 2014
Pros: apparently no experience needed.
Cons: the whole job itself, apply if your desparate!
Minimum Pay, hiring inexperienced people, trying to obtain many contracts without enough qualified employees, schedules subject to change weekly, provide inadequate uniform - you provide the rest (pants), windbreaker with a liner is your winter coat. Fired GM a week after I came aboard, Nobody is happy, GPS in their trucks, two way cameras recently – more... installed. Time sensitive routes to patrol keep you under constant pressure along with the equipment installed above, your responsible for everything. Weird night hours ie; 8pm to 5am. Have been stuck on post with no relief working double shifts. 9hr shifts, no lunch.
Worst Security job I've ever encountered. – less
Great place to work, if you dont mind randomly loseing your job
Security Guard/ Roving patrol (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: loads of hours
Cons: you pay for those hours
Worked for thease guys for a while and worked my tail off 12-16 hour days for over a month got a few days off came back and they told me "sorry were going to let you go" how craptastic is that?
Good company, good people
Patrolman at Signal 88 (Current Employee), Signal 88, Denver COFebruary 8, 2014
Pros: good hours, decent pay, easy work, professional growth
Cons: idiots who expect you to pull their weight too.
The Colorado franchise is managed (in house) by retired marines, who also have experience in law enforcement. Half of the employees (who are on their way out) can't, don't, or won't do their jobs

The hardest part of this job is remembering how to properly write your reports, which is not difficult because the procedures for these are clearly displayed – more... in your vehicle, in the guard houses, and then again on the computer system which you enter your reports into, provided to all posts. The only time anyone receives a reprimand is either when they aren't writing their reports, or a client has made a complaint and management's investigation proved the client's claim accurate.

A day at work includes: 1) patrolling properties (by foot and vehicle) or monitoring client properties via CCTV systems; 2) Calling the police when an emergency happens 3) reporting to police and post supervisor when any issues arise. 4) Taking direction from and assisting police while they are on scene. Patrols are more intensive, as you need to remember to make sure all property gates are locked and secured properly during your patrol of each property.

This franchise provides self-defense classes as well as CPR and Advanced First aid, in the case that you may be the first responder on scene should in an emergency. They have also offered to assist with Law Enforcement training courses for company employees who show interest, and have proven reliable.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the down time spent with the other off shift employees. With the exception of the employees who don't do their jobs, management treats you to many weekly team building events outside of work for employees to enjoy. The overall atmosphere of this particular franchise is very open and forward.

The worst part of the job, is that employees who are considered reliable, are likely unavailable should personal emergencies arise. This is due to the fact that they are already overworked from picking up the slack of the unreliable employees. Those employees found unreliable are not likely to help you in an emergency, even if you have assisted them in the past.

This company has a LOT of room for professional growth, if you are not making decent money here, then you either haven't proven yourself reliable, or you haven't been with the company long enough. Though the company does not provide insurance outside of the mandatory Obamacare, they do assist their employees with educational opportunities related to Law Enforcement and the posts you will be on.

Internal problem resolution is very uncomplicated, simply speak to your supervisor (usually one of the managers), and they will deal with the problem. VERY RELIABLE and swift grievance resolution, and follow up.

This Franchise is small (under 20 people) and it is VERY clear who cares about doing their job properly, and who doesn't. If you are someone who does not take your job responsibilities seriously this company is NOT for you. Unlike other jobs out there, you are not required to "be a team player" but it is very easy to get along with other employees and the Management team here. – less
It was ok
Security Officer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 6, 2014
It was an ok job. Only problem i had was with management. They showed favoritism.
Armed Security
Armed Security Officer (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLDecember 26, 2013
Security in multi family housings
armed security
worked with Personal Security details
Much promise, but poorly executed in Chicago area
Security Officer (Current Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 2, 2013
Pros: security always needed.
Cons: lack of accounts creates unstable work hours which creates an unstable paycheck.
A franchise that could be handled better. Improper utilization of resources and lack of management skills creates a poor working environment.

1 2 3 4