Signal 88 Security Employee Reviews

Signal 88 was fun
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 18, 2017
I truly enjoyed working for Signal 88 security. I was placed on a site that I enjoyed being at, and I felt safe and secure at the site that I was assigned to. My work ethics as a security officer were effective in maintaining a safe place to be, free from any threat from the outside.
A lot of driving and worries
Security Guard Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 7, 2017
Always having too drive around town, as you get comfortable one place, they switch you around, even if they say that's your location. Always having to deal with drunk people or very rude people. Management is terrible, as they are rarely in the office, and never answer phones. Also, no protection is given and they track your every move.
Pros
can take breaks whenever you like, can get your area done quickly, good advancement opportunities
Cons
bad management
nice people with good hours
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COFebruary 1, 2017
I worked nights and it wasn't too bad. I only quit because I did not enjoy driving two hours to work through the snow. I would of stayed with it if that were not the case. It was a very simple job but kind of boring as well. Nothing exciting ever really happened. Just alot of walking and using the phone application for the company.
Horrible, incompetent management
Previous security (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 28, 2017
They constantly force you to work for 12+ hours straight without notice because they either can't keep employees or are too irresponsible to cover the shift themselves. I can understand being unprepared on occasion but every other week you end up spending 16 hours at work without warning or prior knowledge and without the chance to get food or water because they didn't feel like taking responsibility for their scheduling mistakes, lack of reliable employees and honestly completely inefficient manager skills. I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone unless you want to be taken for granted and under valued as an employee. They definitely don't pay enough for the amount of rookie mistakes they make.
Cons
Management, irresponsible, unreliable
Fun work days and enjoyable coworker enviorment
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 26, 2017
I had a great time their and they made sure to help me with my life balance. It was my own fault I lost my job. I had a family emergency and could not attend work and because of me they lost a contract.
I hope to work with them again.
Pros
Flexible hours.
Cons
Short lunch breaks
Needs Imporvement
Standing Guard (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CA 93727January 19, 2017
I worked for the company for several years and seen managers come and go. It's an okay job for starters. A typical day would be like any other job where you observe and report. Other workers had the idea that they were superior than others, no real discipline. The thing that was a real bother of the job was the "mandatory" app they require you to have on your personal phone.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
requires too much of your own money for a minimum wage job
This is a horrible company!!!!!
Roving Patrol Officer (Former Employee) –  Dunedin, FLJanuary 14, 2017
I worked for this company for a very short time. For starters, there were over 7 properties that had to be visited in one night. The very fact that this company thinks that they are providing security of individuals and property when the officer may only be on property 4 times a night for 6 minutes each time, is a BIG joke. I feel sorry for the clients because they are NOT getting proper coverage.

Secondly, the training is a joke! Everything is done on the computer, which is fine, but you are on a timer. If you arrive on property and go over the time you are alloted, the computer times out. You are constantly playing "beat the clock". The people that train you think that they are in the military. No patience whatsoever with brand new officers. I was bullied, berated, put down, made fun of all for being a cautious driver with the company vehicle!!!

As a brand new officer, I was gathering the proper gate key to lock a pool gate, and the jerk training me came up to me and said "what's going on" and grabbed the keys out of my hand and locked the gate himself. He then proceeded to get into the company vehicle and continued to be a bully by tapping on the computer screen and saying "YOU ARE BEHIND, YOU ARE BEHIND!!!! This was only my second night of training.

This job is not worth $10 an hour. This jerk should NEVER be allowed to train ANYONE especially a brand new employee .

I quit this position because of all of the above (and morr that I didnt even go into). NO JOB is worth being bullied, put down, berated, made fun of, yelled at etc.
Pros
Boss was good
Smh
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEDecember 23, 2016
This job was very good start to have on your resume but there was lack of hours and one week you'll work 5 days and the next week you will work 2 days.
The job has its moments
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 15, 2016
Working with signal 88 was my first security position that I've had. I was currently trying to go back to school and money was needed. Picking up a new shift for another busines was needed due to funds. I had just moved up to 12/hour to do a hands off unarmed security job. The job has its moments when I can interact with cool people.
Pros
The people
Cons
Pay and gear
Nice Work PLace
Security officer at Lumina Apartments (Former Employee) –  Gresham, ORDecember 14, 2016
Facilitated foot patrols around the perimeter of apartment complex.
Addressed residents who are violating lease agreement. (e.g. noise, inappropriate behavior, etc.)
Wrote violation reports.
Roving patrols and dedicated patrols
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 6, 2016
A good solid second job. Lower hourly rate. Checks come from Philadelphia so you don't get paid on the date of pay day. Direct deposit took over 3 months to take effect.
No job security
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 3, 2016
Overall ok place to work but there is no job security. No type of benefits and employees don't get lunch break on 12 hours shifts. Management is not professional.
Great Place to Work!
Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Warren, MINovember 29, 2016
My experience working with Signal 88 Security of Detroit (Warren Location) was very enjoyable and rewarding. The management staff does a great job at creating a fun environment for the employees to work in. Hard work is recognized and rewarded, and the management really does a great job at showing their employees how much they value them. If you are dedicated and you work hard, then you will likely find opportunity for advancement and growth within this company.

The Co-Owners and the Operations Manager for this company are some of the most professional and dedicated individuals that you will come across. They truly care about their employees and the clients that they service.

Pay rates are much higher than the industry standard for the security field, and in my experience overtime was frequently available if you wanted to pickup extra hours. Another benefit to this company is that you will learn something new everyday. The company hosts quarterly training sessions, as well as shift briefings on a nightly basis to further educate and prepare their employees. One of the most valuable things about this company to me is that your job has purpose, and you will truly feel like you are making a difference in the communities that you work in.

If you are interested in pursuing a career in law enforcement or private security, then this is a great place to start building up relatable work experience. Even if a job in the security field doesn't align with your career path it is still a very enjoyable place to work.
Pros
Job has purpose, fun work environment, good pay.
Cons
None!
Good Environment Difficult Work Schedule
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 15, 2016
Co workers are a pleasure to work with and dependable.
The schedule is constantly changing.
There was little communication between management and officers.
Some room to grow in management.
Decent starting wage.
Challenging career for motivated people
PPO Officer (Current Employee) –  Southwest Manor, TXNovember 3, 2016
I am currently on the night Mobil patrol. It is challenging, but overall it is an excellent way to see people outside of their work lives. This helps me evaluate the people ad a whole.
We all wish for more money. However if your in this for the money. Your in the wrong profession. Unless your working your way up the ladder.
Advancing up the ladder are really encouraged here.
Pros
Advancements, overtime
Cons
Perhaps healthcare
Signal 88 Secuirty
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Mobile, AL 36695October 22, 2016
The company is not career path worthy. No advancement available nor is there any pay increases. I work over night sitting in a vehicle that doesn't run well. I ride around a parking lot for 8 hours. No overtime allowed.
Worst ever , dont care about employees , liars and also acknowledging there employees to lie to there clients
secret (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 14, 2016
Worst . They dont care about the employees , all they care is just money , worst , dont work for them , I work for them as a manager before , process is worst ever!
Pros
Cons
a lot
Great Company
Sales and Marketing Director (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaSeptember 11, 2016
A very reputable company with room and direction for advancement. The compensation is better than most security companies and management is that of a company that is mindful of an employees family life and dynamics.
Pay is terrible for the work and danger of the job.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Hale MISeptember 6, 2016
I worked an event called Trucks Gone Wild, and over the phone was told $400 for working 12 hour shifts Thursday through Saturday, with traffic guidance Sunday morning before leaving. I arrived and was told that I had missed two days and had the wage cut to $300, and was told that we would be working the entirety of Sunday with no additional pay. The free food and the 'housing' provided were poor at best, and you were better off eating your own meal or returning home at the end of the night. This is another security company promising the moon and renigging the moment you are in uniform, avoid this company if you have any better offers.
Pros
Free 'snacks' and you get to watch part of the show
Cons
No written contracts, lied to about pay, zero advancement
Fast Paced, with a lot of responsibilities.
Courtesy Officer (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CASeptember 1, 2016
A typical work day was driving 150 miles a shift, going to multiple apartments. You have to utilize a lot of customer service to make sure all apartment residents are safe and satisfied. Management was great, and all of the co workers were very good people. The hardest part of the job was making sure that each property was taken care of, and a report was made. All while taking multiple calls to go help people, and trying to remain on time. The best part of the job was being self sufficient with the work that needed to be done, without having somebody always monitoring you.
Pros
Helping people in need, and being able to complete all tasks by yourself
Cons
Sometimes dangerous situations, and a very good amount of driving.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Signal 88 Security. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4