Signal 88 Security Employee Reviews

Do not work here
Office Assistant/Fingerprint Technician (Former Employee) –  Crofton, MDSeptember 10, 2017
My position is a dispatcher and fingerprint technician. That means I get to sit in the office all day and answer phones. Multiple security guards have called and complained about not receiving their paycheck. One security guard refused to work his shifts because of non payment. The manager doesn't seem to care about the guards. The CEO is unreachable, unprofessional, and unbothered. I don't know about the length of shifts, but the whole operation as far as being organized is flaky.
Pros
Cons
Delayed payment
Avoid
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTSeptember 8, 2017
Do not go to if you have a life. Most hours are 3rd shift and are very short. The owner does not care about any employees and will cut your hours even if you are doing your job the best you can.
Worst Company
Security Guard Officer (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 7, 2017
Liars and thieves
Horrible Company
Does not care about their employees
Bad pay
Bad hours
No incentives
Bad Morals
No ethics
Worst Company I have ever worked for
Easy laid back job
Security Officer Unarmed (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 28, 2017
It was an ok place to work for. I was a little repetitive to me because its was almost like when i was in the navy. The only difference was i was securing apartment complexes.
Not Bad
Security Patrol Officer (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNAugust 27, 2017
Its not a bad job to have. Everyone is professional and are very helpful. Can work around your schedule and is very helpful if you going to school and need a job that is flexible. It can be stressful dealing with people that don't like you and/or don't want to show you any respect. However the managers in charge are almost always very thankful for helping out on a job.
Pros
Great co-workers, Flexible hours
Cons
Stressful, sometimes long periods of driving.
Signal 88 Security
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIAugust 26, 2017
Signal 88 security is an exciting position. They give you all the tools and training needed for the position. If needed help others are there to support you. Signal 88 is a great company to work for .
Pros
Uniforms and training and top-notch equipment provided to do the job
productive and fun work environment
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Temecula CaliforniaAugust 19, 2017
Full-time job with benefits. Food is paid for and so is Healthcare. Ability to move up in the company if you work hard. Fast Pace work and very tough work
Pros
always have 40 hours a week
Cons
short breaks
August 23, 2017

Thank you for leaving a review! We are glad to see that you had room to grow and expand your career at Signal 88 Security.

Constantly changing environments
Armed Security Officer / Roving Patrol (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 8, 2017
A typical day of work included roving patrols in a marked patrol car and foot patrols of multiple properties within a shift. Always on the go while providing basic security functions and responding to resident complaints. Unfortunately left the company to seek better pay and advancement opportunities.
Pros
Exciting position and always changing.
Cons
Pay
August 23, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are glad to see that you enjoyed the work you did at Signal 88 Security. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Ok place to work temporarily
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 8, 2017
This was an ok job for someone just wanting to secure some type of employment but not something to make a career out of.
They need to work on being more available to the employees that they do hire because nobody hardly answers the phone at times.
Pros
Dont have to do too much
Cons
Working a 10 hour shift you get 2 15 minute breaks but your lunch is only a half and hour
Very fun untill the college students party
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 7, 2017
I like the job untill i would have to shut a party an the college students would be drunk an wanted to either argue with you or try to talk you out of not shutting the party down.
Lack of management skills
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Easton, PAAugust 4, 2017
I am sorry to say that the management that this company chooses needs to be addressed. I found that the leadership was lacking and poor direction from managers at the site.
Pros
can't say anything good
Cons
lack of managerial skills, low pay
August 7, 2017

Thank you for leaving a review. We are sorry to hear that you had this experience while working at Signal 88 Security. We are doing what we can to use your experience as a base for growth.

Learning curve
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALAugust 1, 2017
I brought aboard many skills I had to help organize and manage the office, but I too learned some new things. Such as working with payroll and also learning how to handle new hire staff, training, and keeping up with all employees licenses and accomplishments.
Pros
Excellent management and laid back environment
Cons
No benefits, less pay than I was worth or deserved
August 7, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We are glad to see that you learned many career advancing skills while employed with Signal 88 Security. We wish you the
best of luck in your future endeavors.

A+ Company
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Kentwood, MIJuly 29, 2017
The security field requires a lot of sacrifice and understanding of a particular lifestyle and industry. You have to be willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays, which can make it difficult to enjoy life with friends and family who don't work the same hours. Keeping that in mind, this company is phenomenal to work for. They bend over backwards to accommodate you as best they can. The hours are typical for security work, and the pay is competitive for the industry.
Pros
Very compassionate and understanding management
Cons
3rd shift
Weak management weak security
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 25, 2017
They have you patrol sites that are shady and the only thing to protect yourself with is a cell phone taking pictures (ridiculous much?) . Weak security and you barely get a hold of any management . Very low pay for security and NO BENEFITS. UNPAID WAGES ! The schedule was always messed up and excuses were always made . No office to report to which I found shady . Don't work for this company if you care about your safety and financial future . You won't make anything at this company and they expect you to work crazy shifts with out even earning your proper wages .
Pros
Cons
Not even considered a job
Alright
New Hire Trainer (Former Employee) –  MichiganJuly 21, 2017
I enjoyed working with the people I was around on a normal basis we got along really good but it is definitely a young company and there is a lot of growing for the management
San Diego branch was bad
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 15, 2017
The branch I worked for was very bad. When I first started I let them know I had school and that was number one. They would often ask if I could work certain hours, hours that conflicted with my classes, and I would tell them that I could not. They would get angry and say that the more I declined jobs, the less jobs they would call me for.

Finally my graduation was coming up and I asked for that day off a couple weeks in advanced and was told no. That's when I quit.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Bad management
Fun but very unprofessional
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 28, 2017
Very unorganized, they rob you of your hours and play with your money.Never get off on time,never get payed on time. It is an easy job but when it comes to getting payed it’s hard,very unprofessional
stressfull, fast paced
Security Guard Officer (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 22, 2017
On a typical day you would be over run by trucks from start to finish. I learned that anything is possable. That there is bad management skills at the top and nothing can be done about it. You worked on your own and were expected to do the job of two people while constantly being critisized and verbally harrassed by management even when you were off. You were lucky if you got to have a facility break for 5 minutes twice a day. The equipment was never working properly. The people you got to meet were really great at times.
Pros
The people you got to meet.
Cons
No benefits, Faulity equipment, Constant harrassment
To be Avoided
Sec Off (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJune 22, 2017
Poor work hours for worse pay. The co-workers are cool, but you're almost always by yourself. Management has no accountability, makes empty promises, and the owner uses the company to buy and pay for expensive personal vehicles.
Awesome company
Security Patrolman (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAJune 14, 2017
Awesome company very understanding and willing to train their team, they use modern technology it makes teh job much easier and organized vs paper reports

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Signal 88 Security. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4