Signal 88 Security Employee Reviews

Nice Work PLace
Security officer at Lumina Apartments (Former Employee) –  Gresham, ORDecember 14, 2016
Facilitated foot patrols around the perimeter of apartment complex.
Addressed residents who are violating lease agreement. (e.g. noise, inappropriate behavior, etc.)
Wrote violation reports.
Smh
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEDecember 23, 2016
This job was very good start to have on your resume but there was lack of hours and one week you'll work 5 days and the next week you will work 2 days.
Horrible place to work
HR (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJune 9, 2016
Save your time and do not work for this company. It is run by immature, disrespectful people who couldn't care less about their employees. The owner throws a fit when even the smallest thing goes wrong and does not know how to control his feelings. They never show appreciation for their employees or what they do for the company. On top of that, there is little to no training.
Pros
limited
Cons
read description
This is a horrible company!!!!!
Roving Patrol Officer (Former Employee) –  Dunedin, FLJanuary 14, 2017
I worked for this company for a very short time. For starters, there were over 7 properties that had to be visited in one night. The very fact that this company thinks that they are providing security of individuals and property when the officer may only be on property 4 times a night for 6 minutes each time, is a BIG joke. I feel sorry for the clients because they are NOT getting proper coverage.

Secondly, the training is a joke! Everything is done on the computer, which is fine, but you are on a timer. If you arrive on property and go over the time you are alloted, the computer times out. You are constantly playing "beat the clock". The people that train you think that they are in the military. No patience whatsoever with brand new officers. I was bullied, berated, put down, made fun of all for being a cautious driver with the company vehicle!!!

As a brand new officer, I was gathering the proper gate key to lock a pool gate, and the jerk training me came up to me and said "what's going on" and grabbed the keys out of my hand and locked the gate himself. He then proceeded to get into the company vehicle and continued to be a bully by tapping on the computer screen and saying "YOU ARE BEHIND, YOU ARE BEHIND!!!! This was only my second night of training.

This job is not worth $10 an hour. This jerk should NEVER be allowed to train ANYONE especially a brand new employee .

I quit this position because of all of the above (and morr that I didnt even go into). NO JOB is worth being bullied, put down, berated, made fun of, yelled at etc.
Pros
Boss was good
Signal 88 Review
Lead Officer (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAMarch 31, 2016
During my time at Signal 88 was really good. The management for the company was always fair. There was room to grow with the company and I was able to get a Lead officer postion working closely with management to maintain and provide a safe and secure work place at different sites.
Pros
Offered Health Care
Cons
The pay could have been better
won't do what they were hired to do
none (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsAugust 6, 2016
I'm a tenant at one of the properties they have as an account. Many times when they are called to quiet an area down they come much later or not at all. I have done security & this company is horrible. Dispatch is nice
Pros
nice dispatch
Cons
officers are given too many posts cheap company hire more officers
Fun and Full of experience to gain
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVMarch 16, 2016
Working temporary for this company was quiet a thrill. I loved the people I worked with and I loved everything about it really. Definitely an excellent company to get into (at least the North Las Vegas Division is).

The hardest part of the job was dealing with situations unarmed.

I learned a lot about time management and how the platform Intelliguide works.
Better Communication with Supervisors
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 11, 2016
Great for someone starting out in the criminal justice field in general. Unfortunately I experienced poor communication with supervisors about safety and sensitive information.
Great Place to Learn and Hone skills for Franchise Management
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 30, 2015
I was a GM for several franchises for this company. Each one presented its own challenge, from no budget control, high employee turnover rate, no fleet management skills, no one with security background to train the officers, no dedicated sales rep, to high client loss rates and no one collecting invoices from clients. It truly teaches one how to be multi task and do all of the above on their own, while training and mentoring new officers properly. One of the major downfalls is that unless you have 35K to purchase the franchise, you work for a corporate office, who can move you state to state as they see fit. I worked in 3 states in a year, and made franchises so profitable and sold so many new contracts, that a new investor would come along and purchase the new franchise that I had built, and put me out of a job by stating they were a new franchise owner, and could not afford to pay me any longer.
Working with Signal 88
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLFebruary 8, 2016
Signal 88 prides themselves on being leading in their industry which is correct, they dont hand write reports all their vehicles are outfitted with Laptops. The pride themselves on higher quality of service which is true they ask a lot out of their officers yet it is rewarding to see the changes you as an officer makes on the properties and clients that we serve.
Pros
great company
Cons

Want to know more about Signal 88 Security?

Ask a question
Do not work for them.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSFebruary 29, 2016
Go to work at 5 pm and stay til 5 am. i learned how to be a bad security officer. Management didnt help me at all when our location was taken over by another agency. Co workers were pretty cool that was probably the most enjoyable part of that job. The hardest part was staying awake during the night.
Pros
Cons
short breaks, you'll get laid off
Great Place!
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJuly 14, 2016
I have worked for Signal 88 Security for 7 months now and I couldn't have asked for a better part time job. The supervisors and other employees are amazing to talk with and handle issues that may arise accordingly and efficiently.
You won't be short on hours
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 13, 2015
Signal 88 Security is like most large companies that have "service" as a product. In the labeling of the product as "service" it has forgotten that the delivery method of this service is through humans, its employees. This mentality is the only way I can understand how it views its treatment of people as acceptable.

Signal 88 Security will pick anyone off the street to be one of it's employees and if they don't work out they will be fired or transferred to a shift and location that will make them quite.

There is a high turn over rate as this company primarily because of how they deal with unwanted employees, but a large contributor is employees quitting to start at a different company. Once an employee figures they have gained enough experience to go elsewhere they leap on that opportunity like a starving cheetah on a plump gazelle.

If you want a job to callously use as a stepping stone, this would do.
Enjoy work environment but looking to move on to better opportunities in life!
LEAD OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 1, 2015
Provide outstanding customer service, observe and report hourly through report logs. Maintain a clean and safe work environment. Allow access to personnel with authorized badges. Insure that personnel authorized without badges signed required documents to enter. Secure all exterior doors and dock doors of the facility. Report information obtained during video observation.

Ive learned that strong will and dedication produced growth in my ability to know my worth making me smarter and stronger!

"Management" Ive survived 3 changes in management! ive worked for the company for over 3 years without benefits we were promised, ive only received a $1 raise after being promised 25c pay increase every 3 months at my day of hiring.

"Co Workers" All amazing people with alot of dreams and ambition, unfortunately stuck at a company that has no room for promotions, benefits, or pay increases!

I dont believe in hard work, their are people who quit and their are people who never give up. Im someone who never gives up!

Most enjoyable part of the job are the people, when your good at making people feel safe and secure in the comforts of their workplace its an amazing feeling!
Pros
saturday, sunday, and monday off
Cons
Never Advanced In Company
Typical work day at Signal 88 Security
Roving Patrol Officer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 28, 2016
Being employed with Signal 88 was one of my best accomplishments, although I was terminated due to failure to report a scratch on my patrol vehicle my overall experience with this company was awesome. I learned so much and I appreciated the opportunities that I experienced in working up close and personal with the police departments. Due to me having to patrol several industrial/ commercial properties all over Georgia I was able to familiarize myself with Georgia and the different areas of Georgia. Driving in a Signal 88 Patrol Car was an awesome experience because it was very similar to actually driving in an actual police patrol vehicle.
Cons
No breaks
Noooooooo
Security Guard Officer (Former Employee) –  South Orlando FLJanuary 15, 2016
The management is never on the same page and one of the managers lies about everything. I'm a college student so I schedule myself to work around my school schedule. One manger stated that it wouldn't be a problem.However when I spoke to the schedule manger she stated that they wouldn't work around my school schedule which I later found out the scheduling manger lied.
Pros
chill, easy work
Cons
pay and hours
my experience with Signal 88
Armed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  New Britain, CTApril 9, 2016
Observe and reports activities and incidents, providing for the security and safety of clients property and personnel. Monitors entrances and exit , acts to prevent unapproved or unlawful entry, controls entrances the movements of people and vehicles , and parking. Patrol assigned site on foot or in vehicle, checks for unsafe conditions, hazards unlocked doors, security violations.
Pros
friendly coworkers
Cons
not enough hours
Run like the wind
security officer (Current Employee) –  Dallas,TxJanuary 30, 2015
This is a terrible company to work for.The Signal 88 Security of Dallas is a bunch of non caring rude lieing folks with no integrity or respect.They will play with your money then say they don't know what happen.They will promise you a safe work environment and put a level 1 officer on a level 3 property.They are just out for the property monies with disregard to officer safety or sanitary needs.This is the worst company I have had to work for in my life.They have no benefits and they promise you raises at every 90 days that you don't ever get also employee referral you never get either.They are very unprofessional and unorganized company that needs to be closed.They have a very high turn over here cause they are a bunch of liers.Supervisors don't answer their company phones to officers on properties if you have a problem you need to call the police cause you are on your own and if you report it to the office they dont do nothing. Don't work here ever.
Pros
it's a job
Cons
no respect for employees safety or sanitary needs
If you don't have a family and don'twant benefits.
Lead officer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 15, 2013
Signal 88 is a guaranteed job that starts off paying 9.00 an hour. Kiss butt and you might get a promotion. They have a super high turn over rate because we get under paid and they expect us to go above and beyond. Honestly you can find better. They don't believe in letting you take a day off even with a month in advance! Don't work for this company unless you need a job and don't have a life like the managers.
Pros
a secure job
Cons
pay, benefits, flexibility, management
Signal 88
Signal 88 Security Officer at Brandywine Hospital (Current Employee) –  Coatesville, PAMay 18, 2015
12 hour shifts from either 6am-6pm or 6pm-6am

Foot patrols throughout main hospital

If you are working at the Psych Hospital you will monitor video cameras and do foot patrols throughout the building

No "real" typical day. One day you could mainly do foot patrols throughout the hospital. The next you could be engaged almost all day with violent patients.

Most co-workers are easy to get along with and it is good to know that they will have your back in any situation. Most nurses and doctors are friendly.

Management has greatly improved.

The job can get difficult at times with the stress of patients and every day hospital life. It may be difficult for some to get used to working a 12 hour night shift. At times it you will see children come into the ER with injuries. It can get difficult to not get attached to some patients.

It is enjoyable to meet many people in the security company and meet many great people at the hospital. There are many great times and laughs shared while working.
Pros
Good experience for future in law enforcement
Cons
No benefits, no real breaks, only 2-3 officers to control hospitals

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Signal 88 Security. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4