Signal 88 Security Employee Reviews

Run like the wind
security officer (Current Employee), Dallas,TxJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: it's a job
Cons: no respect for employees safety or sanitary needs
This is a terrible company to work for.The Signal 88 Security of Dallas is a bunch of non caring rude lieing folks with no integrity or respect.They will play with your money then say they don't know what happen.They will promise you a safe work environment and put a level 1 officer on a level 3 property.They are just out for the property monies with disregard to officer safety or sanitary needs.This – more... is the worst company I have had to work for in my life.They have no benefits and they promise you raises at every 90 days that you don't ever get also employee referral you never get either.They are very unprofessional and unorganized company that needs to be closed.They have a very high turn over here cause they are a bunch of liers.Supervisors don't answer their company phones to officers on properties if you have a problem you need to call the police cause you are on your own and if you report it to the office they dont do nothing. Don't work here ever. – less
Starts great ends up being terrible!
Patrol Officer (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: flexibility in schedule
Cons: management, work time, consistancy
There is to much really to list!

Management attitude prior to higher is fantastic... Once hired treats you with little to no respect. Exploits veterans that are in need. Attempts to intimidate.

Training is a joke to nonexistent.

The owner promises a lot but does not follow through with anything.

The owner of the franchise does adjusts clock in times and clock out times as he sees fit to adjust to his budget not actually when you clock in or out and will fire you if you question it. Also pay is always late.

The turnover for this company is extremely high.
Great Company!
Supervisor (Former Employee), Mobile, ALDecember 14, 2014
Pros: good pay, good hours, professional uniform/patrol vehicle
Cons: no benifits.
If you can get hired on with this company, expect a great work experience! Best company I ever worked for, and they reward good hard workers as well! the hardest part of this job is staying awake, they use Marked patrol cars, laptops for reports and communication, a clearly visible and professional uniform, everything about this company is just great, the only thing I found lacking was that there is no healthcare, dental or vision
great job lots of training.
Security Officer (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 13, 2014
secure building, do hourly patrols on appts or parking decks work with local police dept. to fix and or stop any descrepiancies.
worst company to work for
Security Officer (Former Employee), Jakcsonville FlSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: worked for the people, helped people
Cons: corrupt management team, long hours that changed frequently, back to back night and day shifts
Management for the Jacksonville branch is corrupt and not trustworthy. i witnessed the number two guy do some illegal things and when i made it known, i was fired. the job was fun to do because i helped people everyday, protected them, and made them feel safe.
Decent job
Security Guard/ Compliance Specialist (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKSeptember 20, 2014
When I worked for them it would be very rare for the upper management to ensure their employees and supervisors were doing there jobs.
Good team work, positive impact in communities
Armed Security Chief (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 15, 2014
Pros: flexable work schedule, worked with a great staff
Cons: health benefits not provided
My day starts with ensuring that all staff are at the assigned property on time. I make contract with officers and ensure that they are aware of any incidents that occurred on the property recently. I make meet with property managers to address any new concerns, loitering, vandalism, lighting conditions, and trespassing etc. I support officers on various sites as needed and provide additional on the job training.
Enjoyable first job in the security business
Security Officer (Former Employee), Denver, COSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: great manager, good team work
Cons: overnight hours, constant change in managment
Working overnight hours I enjoyed driving the vehicles to check on the safety of difference location. The most difficult part of the job was the hours but you co-worker would call you to keep you awake. The manager was respected by all of the employee because of his leadership skills. An extreme change in management caused every employee to leave. In the end it was a starting job for those who wanted to learn the skill to move on to better opportunities.
Signal 88 is a Signal 7
Recruit that went else where (Former Employee), Polk County and surrounding areasAugust 22, 2014
Pros: paycheck' a rather peckish one
Cons: another company with fancy window dressing and silly "career" hype.
Working high risk contracts with little or no back up or protocols. Entry level pay was ridiculous, McDonald's on the night shift is safer and pays more.
Too much work for little pay
Security Patrol Officer (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKAugust 9, 2014
Pros: drive around in a cool looking vehicle
Cons: low wages, not equiped properly
That is all I can say about that.... The company has its ups and downs, but mostly downs. Management was so so.
Overall - good work environment
Security Officer (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 14, 2014
Good corworkers, decent pay, mediocre schedule, good management, includes great amount of driving time.
Drive around to different apartment complexes and ensure that there are no illegal activities being performed.
Security Officer (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COJuly 11, 2014
Pros: meet lots of interesting people.
Cons: terrible communication skills
I personally did not enjoy working for this company, the communication was terrible and so were the hours that were worked which could range from 6pm to 6am. The management did a terrible job of getting word to all of their employees and a lot of the time I would not find out about new information about one of our clients until a mistake was made.
Signal 88 Security
Owner/Operator (Former Employee), Boise IDJuly 10, 2014
Pros: great culture, fun people and challenging work.
Cons: late nights
Signal 88 Security is a great company to be apart of. I have enjoyed my time as a manager and owner immensely.
decent place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee), wichitaJuly 8, 2014
Easy job to perform. Management was easy to get along with and talk to. No real issues or problems,
Nice place to work and get some experience
Unarmed On-Call Security Officer (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 30, 2014
A typical day at work is basically securing the site you work. Patrolling the site to check for any safety hazards, suspicious activity, and anything that might be a threat for the client we are securing. We must write daily reports after each work day rather activity took place or not.

I've learned other ways of writing my reports, military time and my co-workers are warm and friendly. Management tries hard to keep everyone working and make possible arrangements for and officer if needed.

I enjoy every thing about my job because I love everything about security. It runs in the family. I am a criminal justice major so any way I can help others has always been a major thing for my career.
Good Atmosphere but no Benefits
Civilian Based Security Officer (Current Employee), Exton, PAJune 18, 2014
Numerous Sites to work, friendly and open atmosphere. Training provided. Only con is no benefits.
terrible place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee), Silver Spring, MDJune 16, 2014
Cons: no breaks, management shows favoritism, terrible site managers, and leads
this is by far the worst company! i have worked various security companies and this one is organized and run terrible from the upper management no following through with complaints, to the favoritism shown to certain employees. your training days are free you don't get paid until you have been with the company fr 6 month and have worked 2000 hours. the room for advancement is slim to none and you are promised a whole bunch of stuff that you will never receive. DO NOT APPLY HERE YOU WILL BE SORRY
Securing residents in Flint, quiet dangerous
Security Officer (Current Employee), Flint, MIMay 19, 2014
Pros: driving vehicle, break whenever i want
Cons: being in a dangerous area, not wanting to get out of vehicle too often if at all
Manager is a great guy, very hands on. The areas that we have to work in is one of the most dangerous parts of the city. Makes me feel uneasy about the job.
Welcoming co-workers with a good variety in sites to work
Security Officer (Former Employee), Various locations around OmahaMay 15, 2014
Pros: could choose any site/hours
Cons: conflicting management rules
A typical day was patrolling the assigned site regularly while documenting anything that seemed abnormal. I didn't learn too much because I already had previous knowledge from a similar duty in the Air Force. The only problem i had with management was that the entire team was replaced with new people save maybe two and i wasn't informed of it due to the particular site i was assigned. Other than that, – more... management was always courteous and treated me like their equal. It was always good to see a co-worker because most sites only have one person assigned, so we were all happy to be around each other when we could instead of being alone. I've never had a disagreement with a fellow employee here. The hardest part of this job was being alone for 40 hours a week. It really started taking it's toll later on in my employment. It was a bit depressing always being by myself, but i pushed through it. The most enjoyable part was having a choice in which site i was put at. There are plenty of sites with different to choose from. – less
its fun work place
Security Officer (Current Employee), Silver Spring, MDMay 13, 2014
i work at the enclave where i am resposible for 3000 people. it is a residencial appartment building. im in charge for any activities among the residence and also vistors in the building. i am an unarmed security officer