Signal International Employee Reviews

Safety Inspector (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALApril 6, 2017
This company had a great safety culture. During my tenure the company was at a year and a half without a recordable incident or injury. This is a shipyard and those types of accident free days is rare.
filed engineering
Senior Field Engineer (pipe) (Former Employee) –  Orange, TXMarch 30, 2017
worked as a field engineering, write ecn'c, tag valves, fixed pipe and hvac routes that ran into each other. worked 40+ hours to get the ship and tug out on time
Pros
great place to work
Cons
was a contractor
Great job opportunity
Offshore Leadsman/ Pipe Fitter First Class (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSMarch 28, 2017
Signal was a place where the work maybe was hard but you learn about everything. It was a great place to cover almost all bases. The had a lot of overtime and work at that time. Sadly, Signal is not longer in business.
fue excelente trabajar con ellos
Pipe welder, Welders, Cutters, and Welder Fitters (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSJanuary 18, 2017
Lo mas que me gusto del trabajo es que pude brindar ayuda a otros con mi conocimiento.
lay offs
Safety Representative (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSJanuary 5, 2017
the company filed bankrupicey and left the employies out to dry, not a stabile work place, wouldn't recommend them at all
Great workplace enviorment
SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSMay 21, 2016
It's an okay place to work just little advancement, company is always being sold,m always new management. Overall a good place to work
VP Business Development
VICE PRESIDENT OF BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 5, 2015
A typical work day is filled with meetings and reaching out to contacts within the oil / gas industry to further relationships or building new ones.

Building relationships is a great ability to have, no one gets to a place of success without people.

Co-workers are a vital part of building a successful company. It takes a team effort to take a business to the next level.

Nothing particularly hard about doing a job that you love.

Building relationships and the success that goes along with that is the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
Not being tied to a desk.
Cons
The ups and downs of the oil and gas industry.
Average company to work for.
FIELD ENGINEER-PROJECT ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Nederland, TXJuly 29, 2015
Very difficult project as management changed mid way through the schedule. This was my first real project management and project engineering opportunities. Hardest part of the job was keeping up with the client changes as revised drawings were not furnished and changes were handled with client provided photos from previously built rigs. Most enjoyable part was learning what it took to be a project manager and project engineer.
Pros
job was close to home
Cons
software tools were not up to date.
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJune 19, 2015
Great place to work. good supervisors that know what their doing and how to run a crew, great atmosphere to work around. do your job and everything will be ok
Management sucks!!!!
JRA Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSMay 21, 2015
It was phone while it lasted, made decent money, but I had to work 7 days a week, 12 hours a day. At one point I worked 41 days in a row without a day off. What did I get in returned? I got to be laid off over the phone.
Pros
Is a job
Cons
Management sucks!!!
Overhauls
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSMarch 27, 2015
Signal takes on the jobs other yards shy away from, so expect to be asked to work a little harder. That said you get the tools you need to finish the job, but don't expect it to be fancy. The emphasis is on the end product not the tools that get it there. Very satisfying when each project is completed.
Productive place to work
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Orange, TXDecember 28, 2014
I learned computer skills. I was a rover checking security inside and outside, and the front gate.
Enjoyable work, great co-workers
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orange, TXDecember 17, 2014
I was allowed to work at my own pace and make decisions regarding how to do my job. I highly respected my Supervisor and all my co-workers.
descent company
2nd Class Shipfitter/ Overhead Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Orange, TXDecember 5, 2014
I would start with safety meeting. then we would get together and set up what we needed to do for the shift. I would use the crane to get the material to my guys then myself.
Pros
alot of hours
Cons
no holliday pay or vacation
Liaison/Lead Piping Designer on LPD22/23 construction
Lead Designer for Piping (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSNovember 15, 2014
Marked up drawings to aid the Pipefitters in the construction of numerous LPD-22 and 23 modules to be shipped to other shipyards for assembling and construction of the entire ships. Worked on ship-checking Oil Rig Frontier Driller, documenting changes made to incorporate into the rig's P&IDs.
Pros
Interesting learning about oil rig platforms.
Cons
Too many tall ladders on the rig.
great pay if puts in hours
Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Orange, TXOctober 3, 2014
Great paying hard working job with long hours and good benefits after the first year.
Pros
Pay
My own opinion
Pipe Fitter Foreman (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSSeptember 2, 2014
I start in 2006 as a Pipefitter everything was fine back in that time in 2008 I get raise to a Foreman 24 workers in charge PF & PW and that's when everything change about my opinion ... My boss was and still a bad person who don't care about nothing W.A. And J.J. And now Scotty the gold color hardhat make them a bad person to deal with... I don't recommend this yard to no one who like to work safe ... If you are about money and don't care your Health SIGNAL is for you it is not a Safe place to work but make a good money
Pros
Lot of Hours LOT OF MONEY
Cons
Not a Safe Place to work
Another day another dollar.
JRA Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSJuly 14, 2014
A day at Signal International, I had to work on paper work for the new hires, for the current employees I had to assign permits for them to continue to work. I learned to handle tough comments are remarks,
I learned that being only 18 and working with grown adults 7 days a week was a challenge. My management was good, received what I earned. My co-workers were friendly yet bossy. I enjoyed having a 30 minute lunch, being able to have my own desk, and everyone loved to see my face every morning, I also enjoyed getting paid weekly.
Pros
Laid back
Cons
Bossy co-workers, 12 hour shift
Worked as a maintenance supervisor
Maintenance superisor (Former Employee) –  Orange, TXJune 10, 2014
Worked at Signal in the maintenance department; connect and disconnect 120, 240 and 480 panels; connect and disconnect 6 and 8 pack welding machines; wire in temporary lights and troubleshooting/maintenance repairs on welding machines and golf carts
This place offered free drinks
1ST CLASS SHIPFITTER (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSJune 9, 2014
I liked working here and I got a lot of time in on a fork lift. And I was also a lead man who ran a 7man crew
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Signal International. Our community is ready to answer.

Signal International Reviews by Location