Signature Bank Employee Reviews

Involved in all phases of the project including requirement gathering, system analysis, system design,
Application Developer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 4, 2016
Reporting Application Project:

Signature Bank is a commercial bank that serves the needs of privately owned businesses, their owners, and senior managers. This project was to develop advanced internal reporting system which supports the work of compliance analysts and relevant different teams. The system delivers accurate financial and regulatory reports to analysts and allows initiating and following up investigations of potentially suspicious activities.
Ok
Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 23, 2016
Very nice people, not a tremendous place for advancement. Good place to learn many different aspects of compliance. Poor Pay.
Finding new ways to grow and learn while still keeping up with the busy schedule of the day
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 12, 2012
A typical day at my branch consist of balancing customer needs with assisting account officers and staying on task with daily deposits. Through all of that I have learned the importance of being a self starter and how attention to detail can impact every situation. I have a manger that trust his staff to handle the day to day and even the unexpected without too much interference from him and I am lucky enough to work with a group of tellers that understands the importance of sharing knowledge and enjoying what you do. The most difficult part of my job would have to be consistently finding new and interesting things to learn. The best part of my job would have to be meeting and laughing with new people everyday.
Pros
great benefits that include healthcare and life insurance
Cons
unpredictable management team, continuously changing policy and procedure
Very pleasant and professional enviroment
Private Banking Senior Client Associate-Officer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 9, 2014
My role as the Senior Client Services Officer for my Private Client team covers all aspects of the clients daily account operations.This role empowers me to make decisions as far as approving overdrafts, on business and personal accounts, open accounts and verifying sources of funds for new and existing clients based on KYC, OFAC and CIP guidelines. I complete suspicious web referral forms to escalate any fraud or unusual activity identified on customer's accounts. review and approve domestics and international wire transfers requests.
Also I am the main liaison between clients and banking services team such as Cash management, Remote Capture, Lending etc.

Very often go out on calls with my superiors to visit referred prospects and make effective presentations that eventually lead to a sell.
Pros
Professional work place, employees well being oriented company, great benefits
Laid back environment
Teller (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 3, 2016
For a bank it has a great laid back environment with no sales goal, no late nights or weekends. The customers and coworkers are the best part.
A True Community Bank
Assistant Vice President, Greater Chicago Area (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 8, 2015
Signature Bank is very focused on being involved in the local community of Chicago. Their lenders provide financial lending options to small business to middle market clients.

My job was to handle the processing of the international and domestic wire transfers on behalf of internal and external customers.
The challenge of the job was with locating delayed incoming and outgoing funds. The most enjoyable part of the job was developing relationships with customers.

The philosophy of management is to hire experienced people with strong interpersonal skills. Because it is a small bank, all employees are expected to multi-task and work as a team to provide excellent customer service.

My co-workers really care about each other and believe in a family atmosphere. Volunteerism is strongly encouraged and recognized by management. For example, on the first Friday of each month is called "Jeans Day," allowing employees to wear jeans to work as long as they contribute a minimum of a $5.00 donation to the month's charity (the bank will meet the total amount collected and it is donated to the designated charity.)
Pros
Life/work balance, family atmosphere, excellent health benefits, 401K
Associate Group Director (VP) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 30, 2016
Growing organization and good professional people to work and learn a lot while working in a team work environment
............
Pros
SMALL AND GROWING ORGANIZATION
Cons
LIMITED EXPOSURE IN THE MARKET
Good Company
Investment Advisor Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 9, 2012
Very good company to work for. Great benefits and compensation package
Pros
fantastic benefits program
Cons
needs to expand
Excellent community de novo bank
President (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLFebruary 1, 2016
Signature was a start up community bank. As CEO & President, I was responsible for organizing, raising capital, creating a board of directors, hiring staff and implementing opening of the bank. Signature Bank has since been sold two times.
Pros
Nice having a small community bank
Cons
Economy downturns and regulatory requirements
Every day is a new learning experience.
OPERATION MANAGER (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 11, 2015
Signature Bank is a small private bank that still has the feeling of old way of banking. It refers to their customers as clients that makes banking there a unique experience. The clients are able to contact their private bankers 24 hours a day since all Private Client team members has a blackberry.
A typical day for me starts at 3:15am arriving at work at 7am I enjoy the one hour of quite solitude before the staff start arriving for the day. The hardest part of my job is to be able to think out of the box at all times, since it is private banking I have to be able to satisfy our clients needs without breaking the banks policy and procedure that can get very challenging. The most enjoyable part of the job is to be able to make a positive difference in my clients and staff life.
Pros
no weekend hours
Cons
long days
productive
Senior Cash Management Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 18, 2016
productive, small company, good management. decent location,, nice co-workers, good manager, young employees, manual procedures, paperwork treat employees nice
Pros
small company
Signature Bank
Vice President - Chicago (Former Employee) –  ChicagoDecember 21, 2015
Small Bank focused on commercial lending. The Bank has grown its portfolio in a short period of time. Portfolio may have some high risk industries.
Pros
Access to management
Cons
High Turn Over
I am a very friendly person to work with.
Cash Management Client Associate (Current Employee) –  NEW YORK, NYJanuary 13, 2015
I am a very friendly person, I love to work with different culture people. I am a very easy going person. I worked in very busy and slow environment. I am currently working for a customer service position in Signature Bank. We do lot of multitasking job, we answer phone call at the same time we are answering emails, and opening accounts. We all work as a team, we help each other with all the works, we divide all the works to help each other out.
great place to work, no pressure goals. This was the most enjoyable place to work.
Senior Client Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 18, 2015
New York based bank with private clients that were brought in by the directors. great place to work I only wish they were nation wide.
Pros
great working environment
Cons
only in new york
Signature Bank
Compliance Department Consultant/Administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 21, 2013
Gained Extensive knowledge of KYC, Anti-Money Laundering and Patriot Act, AML, Basel II/III, Anti-Terrorism, and OFAC regulations and processes. Briefed Gloria Strazza, CCO, and Deborah Fagan, DCCO, daily. Accountable for researching and analyzing prescreening data from 500>+ domestic and international clients and businesses with potential infringements; structure wire transfers, check kiting, third-party checks, and illegal check cashing
Pros
Positive environment
Cons
Small bank
Great workplace with opportunity for advancement. A lot of hands on experience with management.
Strategy Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 13, 2014
This is a great place with a lot of opportunity for growth. Unlike most financial institutions, there is a lot of face to face contact with senior management.
Signature
Senior Client Associate (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 14, 2015
Signature has great hours, but very few advancement in the company.
Pros
close to home, great hours
Cons
few advancemenr
Fun Workplace
Business Banking Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNDecember 5, 2013
Fun place to work. Co-workers got along really well. There was not much advancement within the organization.
Private Bank
Client Associate - Private Client Group (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 22, 2013
A great private and commercial bank. Bank is divided into many Private Client Groups who act as individual companies. Signature Bank is a very personal company, everyone is on a first name basis and you interact with the same core of people everyday. The company throws about 3-4 events per year. Stable work hours, no weekends.
Does not value its employees
Technical Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 31, 2012
This company is unwilling to compensate employees for work done above and beyond their job description and requires that employees perfom their current job in addition to the job for which they are applying for an indefinate period of time before their performance is reviewed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Signature Bank. Our community is ready to answer.