Signature Bank Employee Reviews

Great Company
Teller/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 8, 2018
Its a great company to work for but unfortunately, I was a teller at a branch that had pretty bad management. I liked working there when my manager wasn't in.
Great environment, great people!
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Woodmere, NYJanuary 5, 2018
I absolutely enjoyed working at Signature. Great work environment, even greater coworkers. I love that the focus is client satisfaction and not sales.
Pros
Friendly clients, easy going work place, everyone helps each other
Nice atmosphere and friendly people
Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 13, 2017
I really enjoyed working for Signature Bank. My manager was very friendly and the work I did was interesting. I learned new systems, details in regards to business checks and how to pay vendors.
Great Temporary Job
CLIENT SERVICES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 2, 2017
Is was very nice working at Signature Bank as a temp employee. The system was easy to learn and the people were great to work with. I really enjoyed my time with them.
Pros
Free coffee, management
Cons
temp
Quick-paced
CLO (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 25, 2017
Signature is a good place to work and depending on the department you are in there is room for growth. However mgmt can be difficult to get along with. Favoritism is blatant which is unfair to everyone else
Pros
good pay, great benefits
Cons
work life balance does not exist
Does not care for employees
Cash Management Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 23, 2017
If you love doing the work of five people while getting paid for the work of one then this is for you. After ten plus years and numerous discussions with management nothing changed except more work dumped on you. When my resignation papers were giving they begged me to stay for a few months because things will get better. No counter offer was given. No incentive to stay just "how could you do this to us". No more blood, sweat, and tears for a company that does care about you. Especially when you tell them the stress is affecting your health then their mouths go silent. Good luck to those who choose to stay with them.
Great Work Environment
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 3, 2017
Signature Bank is a great place if you want to get away from retail banking. It primarily deals with private clients. They provide on average 2 weeks paid vacation, paid sick days, and paid personal days.
Pros
work environment
Cons
micro managment
none prodictive
Teller/Private Banker (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYAugust 2, 2017
Fun place to work but no room for advancement. Assisting Private Clients by providing extraordinary financial transactions such as withdrawals, cashing out checks making deposit. Conducting balancing of the vault and completing CTR forms for the government.
Pros
cross selling products
Cons
lunch breaks and personal days
Not a team oriented work environment
Vice President (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 16, 2017
One year was enough. Very old school philosophy of management style. Performance not based on what you know or how well you perform instead it is based on who you know. People do not work well with each other and seek to minimize new comers. Not a welcoming environment at all.
Benefits
Cons
Long hours of unhappy employees
Your health.
Funds Transfer Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 29, 2017
I will not recommend this bank if you are currently suffering from health problems. They do not seem to care about your health. The medical plan are very expensive as well. But overall, the bank emits a very old and monotonous environment. Managers lack tremendously managerial skills - some of them are not professional and favorites employees which is not appropriate.
Pros
good salary.
Cons
lack of managerial skills, old and monotonous work enviroment.
Negative Summary
Legal Servings Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 24, 2017
Throughout the day, I am working extremely fast to complete the required tasks but the work life balance is unacceptable and unfair. They recently added another employee but cut the overtime hours which makes it impossible to complete the tasks. The manager is not helpful and constantly criticizes people's work which I think is not professional. The manager is not flexible if someone needs to leave early for the day for a doctors appointment. I would not recommend this job to anyone.
Pros
Good co-workers, some luncheons
Cons
Constanly criticized, very strict about clocking in and clocking out
Fun working job
Deposit Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Windsor, COApril 20, 2017
I started as a new account representative and worked my way up to a Deposit Operations manager. I got to work with clients with there daily banking needs, open new account and eventually had employees under me. We had a wonderful group of people to work with and the clients were fun to work with. I balanced reports daily, preformed audits and employee reviews. Some of the management was a little washy and would not want do handle issues but we always worked through it. It was a great position and I enjoyed it. The bank failed in 2011, a different bank bought the bank and due to this I was let go. If this had not happened I would still be there.
Pros
Caring management, Growth
Good
Sr. Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYApril 11, 2017
It was a great learning experience. Looking for similar Business Analyst openings in the field of finance(Mortgage & Loans). Love to take up challenging opportunities which help in enhancing my skills.
Strange plave to work
Officer & Senior Client Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 22, 2017
They need to update their systems and procedures.
They have no real value in their employees.
Because each private banking group operates as its own business there is alot od stealing accounts from eachother.
Involved in all phases of the project including requirement gathering, system analysis, system design,
Application Developer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 4, 2016
Reporting Application Project:

Signature Bank is a commercial bank that serves the needs of privately owned businesses, their owners, and senior managers. This project was to develop advanced internal reporting system which supports the work of compliance analysts and relevant different teams. The system delivers accurate financial and regulatory reports to analysts and allows initiating and following up investigations of potentially suspicious activities.
Ok
Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 23, 2016
Very nice people, not a tremendous place for advancement. Good place to learn many different aspects of compliance. Poor Pay.
Laid back environment
Teller (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 3, 2016
For a bank it has a great laid back environment with no sales goal, no late nights or weekends. The customers and coworkers are the best part.
Associate Group Director (VP) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 30, 2016
Growing organization and good professional people to work and learn a lot while working in a team work environment
............
Pros
Small and growing organization
Cons
Limited exposure in the market
Excellent community de novo bank
President (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLFebruary 1, 2016
Signature was a start up community bank. As CEO & President, I was responsible for organizing, raising capital, creating a board of directors, hiring staff and implementing opening of the bank. Signature Bank has since been sold two times.
Pros
Nice having a small community bank
Cons
Economy downturns and regulatory requirements
productive
Senior Cash Management Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 18, 2016
productive, small company, good management. decent location,, nice co-workers, good manager, young employees, manual procedures, paperwork treat employees nice
Pros
small company
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Signature Bank. Our community is ready to answer.