Signature Bank Employee Reviews

productive
Senior Cash Management Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 18, 2016
productive, small company, good management. decent location,, nice co-workers, good manager, young employees, manual procedures, paperwork treat employees nice
Pros
small company
Signature Bank
Vice President - Chicago (Former Employee) –  ChicagoDecember 21, 2015
Small Bank focused on commercial lending. The Bank has grown its portfolio in a short period of time. Portfolio may have some high risk industries.
Pros
Access to management
Cons
High Turn Over
great place to work, no pressure goals. This was the most enjoyable place to work.
Senior Client Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 18, 2015
New York based bank with private clients that were brought in by the directors. great place to work I only wish they were nation wide.
Pros
great working environment
Cons
only in new york
Every day is a new learning experience.
OPERATION MANAGER (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 11, 2015
Signature Bank is a small private bank that still has the feeling of old way of banking. It refers to their customers as clients that makes banking there a unique experience. The clients are able to contact their private bankers 24 hours a day since all Private Client team members has a blackberry.
A typical day for me starts at 3:15am arriving at work at 7am I enjoy the one hour of quite solitude before the staff start arriving for the day. The hardest part of my job is to be able to think out of the box at all times, since it is private banking I have to be able to satisfy our clients needs without breaking the banks policy and procedure that can get very challenging. The most enjoyable part of the job is to be able to make a positive difference in my clients and staff life.
Pros
no weekend hours
Cons
long days
A True Community Bank
Assistant Vice President, Greater Chicago Area (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 8, 2015
Signature Bank is very focused on being involved in the local community of Chicago. Their lenders provide financial lending options to small business to middle market clients.

My job was to handle the processing of the international and domestic wire transfers on behalf of internal and external customers.
The challenge of the job was with locating delayed incoming and outgoing funds. The most enjoyable part of the job was developing relationships with customers.

The philosophy of management is to hire experienced people with strong interpersonal skills. Because it is a small bank, all employees are expected to multi-task and work as a team to provide excellent customer service.

My co-workers really care about each other and believe in a family atmosphere. Volunteerism is strongly encouraged and recognized by management. For example, on the first Friday of each month is called "Jeans Day," allowing employees to wear jeans to work as long as they contribute a minimum of a $5.00 donation to the month's charity (the bank will meet the total amount collected and it is donated to the designated charity.)
Pros
Life/work balance, family atmosphere, excellent health benefits, 401K
Ok company
Teller (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 16, 2015
Small bank but leaving huge imprint with the mass affluent. This shows by being n Forbes best banks 5 years in a row and being number 1 on forbes for 2015.
Pros
well established, top bank 2015, looking to expand
Cons
none to report
Signature
Senior Client Associate (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 14, 2015
Signature has great hours, but very few advancement in the company.
Pros
close to home, great hours
Cons
few advancemenr
I am a very friendly person to work with.
Cash Management Client Associate (Current Employee) –  NEW YORK, NYJanuary 13, 2015
I am a very friendly person, I love to work with different culture people. I am a very easy going person. I worked in very busy and slow environment. I am currently working for a customer service position in Signature Bank. We do lot of multitasking job, we answer phone call at the same time we are answering emails, and opening accounts. We all work as a team, we help each other with all the works, we divide all the works to help each other out.
Very pleasant and professional enviroment
Private Banking Senior Client Associate-Officer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 9, 2014
My role as the Senior Client Services Officer for my Private Client team covers all aspects of the clients daily account operations.This role empowers me to make decisions as far as approving overdrafts, on business and personal accounts, open accounts and verifying sources of funds for new and existing clients based on KYC, OFAC and CIP guidelines. I complete suspicious web referral forms to escalate any fraud or unusual activity identified on customer's accounts. review and approve domestics and international wire transfers requests.
Also I am the main liaison between clients and banking services team such as Cash management, Remote Capture, Lending etc.

Very often go out on calls with my superiors to visit referred prospects and make effective presentations that eventually lead to a sell.
Pros
professional work place, employees well being oriented company, great benefits
good company
teller (Former Employee) –  6400 n northwest highwaySeptember 11, 2014
very nice place to work everyone was like a family enjoy working with them and will miss them
Pros
all good
Cons
never getting saturday off
Management staff was very supportive.
Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  New YorkMay 24, 2014
Evaluates activities at a company to confirm that those activities comply with regulatory standards as well as any voluntary standards and practices
friendly, helpful people
Teller (Former Employee) –  Bad Axe, MIApril 29, 2014
Has a friendly atmosphere and many opportunities to learn new things.
Pros
chance to meet and work with great people
OKAY
Teller (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 15, 2014
THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART WAS HELPING THE BANKERS AND CUSTOMERS. THE CO-WORKERS WERE NICE. THERE AS NO HARD PART OF THE JOB.
Great workplace with opportunity for advancement. A lot of hands on experience with management.
Strategy Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 13, 2014
This is a great place with a lot of opportunity for growth. Unlike most financial institutions, there is a lot of face to face contact with senior management.
Fun Workplace
Business Banking Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNDecember 5, 2013
Fun place to work. Co-workers got along really well. There was not much advancement within the organization.
Private Bank
Client Associate - Private Client Group (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 22, 2013
A great private and commercial bank. Bank is divided into many Private Client Groups who act as individual companies. Signature Bank is a very personal company, everyone is on a first name basis and you interact with the same core of people everyday. The company throws about 3-4 events per year. Stable work hours, no weekends.
Signature Bank
Compliance Department Consultant/Administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 21, 2013
Gained Extensive knowledge of KYC, Anti-Money Laundering and Patriot Act, AML, Basel II/III, Anti-Terrorism, and OFAC regulations and processes. Briefed Gloria Strazza, CCO, and Deborah Fagan, DCCO, daily. Accountable for researching and analyzing prescreening data from 500>+ domestic and international clients and businesses with potential infringements; structure wire transfers, check kiting, third-party checks, and illegal check cashing
Pros
positive environment
Cons
small bank
Start-up bank with good employees
Consultant Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 14, 2012
Managed project enhancements and assisted in developing controls to support post trade operations and regulatory reporting.
Top notch people
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 21, 2012
Gold Standard service is essential from every employee. Co-workers are the most quality and helpful people I have ever worked with. Typical Administrative Assistant duties.
Finding new ways to grow and learn while still keeping up with the busy schedule of the day
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 12, 2012
A typical day at my branch consist of balancing customer needs with assisting account officers and staying on task with daily deposits. Through all of that I have learned the importance of being a self starter and how attention to detail can impact every situation. I have a manger that trust his staff to handle the day to day and even the unexpected without too much interference from him and I am lucky enough to work with a group of tellers that understands the importance of sharing knowledge and enjoying what you do. The most difficult part of my job would have to be consistently finding new and interesting things to learn. The best part of my job would have to be meeting and laughing with new people everyday.
Pros
great benefits that include healthcare and life insurance
Cons
unpredictable management team, continuously changing policy and procedure