Signature Flight Support Employee Reviews

Management disconnect with employees
Commercial-Line Fueler; Lead (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 27, 2015
Pros: Airplanes and interesting customers
Cons: Weather, management turnover
Innovative company with lots to offer. Some disconnect between management and employees. They are a work-in-progress and headed in the right direction.
What they say they want to do for the employees and what that actually do, don't equate very often.
LST/CSR (Current Employee), 10 NW Richards RDJune 23, 2015
A typical day at Signature would start from the moment you get there cause there is always something going on being a air port. I've learned a lot over the years I worked there but I feel its time to move on to something I want to do that will provide for my family and myself.
The management at Signature was ok at best there has been changes in management as of late people who got promoted that should not have and some that were over looked for whatever reason.
Coworkers are great part of the job and I think that's what kept me for so long. There are a few that are hard to get along with but you'll run in to those people were ever you go.
The Mac Donalds of the aviation industry
Line Service Technician (Former Employee), Boston, MAJune 1, 2015
Pros: No
Cons: Yes
If you miss the drama of high school I suggest working here, if you are a recovering alcoholic or drug addict you probably have already applied and are working here. Management will try to keep face but once you make it to your first pay upgrade they are already looking for reasons to replace you with a base wage new hire. The veterans of this location are unfortunately focused on tips and spreading rumors to save their own jobs. The supervisors are wash ups on their last stand acting on the will of higher management.
Not a Bad Company
Trainer and Lead Line Technician (Current Employee), West Palm Beach, FLMay 28, 2015
Fast paced environment, everyday is something new but summers are slow. Learned management skills along with communication skills.
Great Co worker
Line Service Technician (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLMay 19, 2015
You will feel like you are apart of the family. A typical day consist of sitting around and waiting on arrivals and departures of aircraft.
Line Service Technician (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNMay 19, 2015
Pros: Given all uniforms and other equipment needed, company buys lunches and dinners ocassionally.
Cons: low pay for amount of work.
Great staff, CSRs and LSTs alike. Salary is capped yearly with there being no advancement in position only in when your alotted schedule is changed when another staff member leaves or retires.
its a job
Line Service Tech Lead (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOMay 12, 2015
you get to work outside. and meet neat people from time to time. 8 hours is a typical shift. way underpaid given the amount of work done
Excellent work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Morristown, NJApril 30, 2015
Pros: Definite 40-hours.
Cons: N/A
Excellent place to work. Definitely a team effort. Management is very helpful, and is always willing to "roll up their sleeves" to assist the employees with giving an excellent customer experience. I recommend this job to anyone.
I get to work with planes
OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Santa Ana, CAMarch 16, 2015
It has been a great opportunity to get to work around all different kinds of privet aircraft, and there crews. Working for Signature has allowed for career growth.
Great Co-Workers/Terrible Managment
Lead Line Service Tech (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOMarch 13, 2015
Pros: see cool stuff
Cons: management
Do not work for these people! I come from the old Executive Beechcraft days and when Signature took over, I gave it some time with all the changes, but this is a poorly run organization. Its the easiest job in the world and the pay is not bad. The management is terrible, HR is terrible and it seems to be this way with a lot of their locations.
M y Experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Van Nuys, CAFebruary 18, 2015
if your looking for a passing job then this is the job fir you. Corporate management really needs improvement.i love the people but hated upper management
Fast paced, interesting outdoor job
Lead Line Service Technician (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNFebruary 6, 2015
Signature is fast paced and can be enjoyable. There is an incredible amount of technical knowledge required at this job and this aspect can be intimidating.
A typical day at work involves parking and staging general aviation aircraft for arrivals and departures. Servicing fuel, water, lavatory, O2, catering, ect.
Signature Flight Support is basically a gas / service station for private aircraft.
Management is basically hospitable but this is largely an act for hourly employees. The company is driven by results but their response to situations involving business are HIGHLY reactionary. Their corporate evironment is extremely "top heavy" as they have forced more work on lower paid employees and added upper management. They are also growth driven by percentage and when they don't meet their expected growth, they CUT from the bottom until they find that growth. This inherently places the lower paid workforce in more and expanding danger situations working around aircraft in adverse conditions.
The most dificult part of the jobs here is the immense amount of technical knowledge one must gain or posses to do the actual work at Signature, and the companies continued porcedure and rule making in reactionary mode after "incidents" rather than building safe and performance driven "procedures" and emulating those
daily.
Meet and greet new customers coming
Service Department Associate (Current Employee), Kokomo, INFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: meet sales people
Cons: only work part time
Count the cash drawer and get with the service people and set up schedules. Answer incoming phones call and direct them to the right person. File paperwork as needed. Every month clean the file cabinets to make
Good Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 2, 2015
Great Experience, the Job is interesting and challenging.
job life
aircraft handler (Former Employee), Wheeling, ILDecember 21, 2014
Pros: enjoy working with aircraft
diversity in job funtions and responsibilities - enjoy meeting the flight crews and helping the passengers
Not a good place at all
former employee (Former Employee), Des Moines, IANovember 16, 2014
Pros: friends
Cons: employees have to buy there own cold weather gear. you only get a credit for new boots!
The job itself is good if your into airplanes and meeting famous people and then some it was challenging to please every customer but its possible, management is never pleased no matter how much fuel you can pump! In the aviation world you will never get paid what you feel you are worth no matter what! You never get any sorta raises at all. In seven years I was only ever to get a whopping whole 2.00$ in raises, roughly .10 cents to every six months to a year.
How is that right at all? If any company such as this one wants its employee's to be loyal then it needs a serious overhaul.

During my time there just at my station they went though 4 General managers and 5 shift supervisors. One day the "REGIONAL AREA DIRECTOR" his main base is in MSP came told us we all did the crappiest job he has ever seen, After he fired the General manger.
He told us we all were prisoners running the Jail house. { He's a very friendly guy}!

If you Preach safety you better practice it, they don't no matter what mangers say! its all about the bottom line are you a good company guy and will listen to the managers, Or will you listen to your feelings and make sure you as a employee are safe
Its all who you know
Line Service Tech (Current Employee), GA.October 10, 2014
Pros: networking
Cons: everything else
Good for Networking ,but have have no benefits . Workers are different at different locations. The hardest part of the job is having good Management.
Lead Line Tech provided requested services
Line Service Technician (Former Employee), Austin, TXOctober 8, 2014
Pros: tips
Cons: no breaks or lunches
A typical day at work was always very busy; I learned greeting and parking, towing, moving aircraft. Supervised a crew of 3 and my co-workers always worked as a team. The hardest part of the job was when are ramp was full and we could not find a place to put aircraft and the most enjoyable part of job were my days off.
Very awesome experience and a great environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLOctober 2, 2014
Signature is a great company to work for. Very genuine co workers.
I was able to assist pilots with billing out there aircrafts and handling a cash draw and giving remainder of change. I was able to multi task and answer phone, received faxes to give to pilots, emails and new logistic updates for aircrafts. I was able to perform services on aircrafts. I also was able to help passengers with luggage and working under pressure.
Busy and Challenging
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Boston, MASeptember 10, 2014
Very challenging operation to run due to the volume of flights and the limited ramp area. Nevertheless, at times there was great teamwork by employees.

1 2 3 4 5

About Signature Flight Support

In its own distinctive way, Signature Flight Support helps the business and general aviation communities take to the skies. The – Read more

Signature Flight Support Salaries