Signature Flight Support

Signature Flight Support Employer Reviews

Busy and Challenging
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Boston, MASeptember 10, 2014
Very challenging operation to run due to the volume of flights and the limited ramp area. Nevertheless, at times there was great teamwork by employees.
Employee and Customer focused organization
Station Manager (Former Employee), Fresno, CASeptember 9, 2014
Pros: training, community involvement, empowered employees
Signature has the right people in the right places and employs excellent training to improve safety for its employees and empowers those employees to deliver an outstanding experience to its clients.
Fast Paced, First Class FBO
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZSeptember 4, 2014
An exciting, fast paced place to work. Everyday is different. People from all walks of life and many quality co-workers. Every day you learn something new.
Unless you're desperate to feed your family, don't take this job!
Line Service Technician (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAAugust 23, 2014
Pros: slightly higher pay than the nearest competitor.
Cons: management, lack of respect, dangerous work conditions.
You will be disrespected the whole time you work there. The management is self-involved, dangerous, and careless. The compensation is slightly higher than competitors, but make no mistake, this is purely to keep any employees they can.

The average length of employment is about 9 months, people give up and take any job they can get elsewhere at that – more... point.

If there is any kind of incident or accident, management immediately looks for an employee to throw under the bus. They frequently get twitchy and go looking for any possible reason to fire employees they don't like. Ironically, if there is a generally bad or dangerous employee it takes months upon months to fire them. In fact there were only two merited firings while I worked there: one was a Customer Service rep who abused his co-workers, and the other was a Line Service Lead who frequently left the premises during work hours.

Any ladies applying, beware, the base manager does not like plus sized girls and will pick on you relentlessly and look for any excuse to fire you. You will be held to different standards than the smaller girls who work there.

The base manager also refuses to spend money on and updates to the base other than cheap cosmetic additions (such as statures in the terminal), or to unload her own busted old vehicle by "selling" it to the base right before it's transmission blew. Necessary equipment such as fuel tankers, tractor tugs, and power units are never replaced, merely "fixed" by the onsite mechanics who can't keep up with the failing equipment. – less
Excellent company
Line Service Technician (Former Employee), Teterboro , NJJuly 29, 2014
Pros: very profesional company.
Enjoy going to work, learned very much about customer service, quality control, safety, manage personal , team work etc..
Had a variety of co-workers excellent comunication , most enjoyable part of the job was working with airplanes and getting to know a lot of famous people.
Good work enviorment
Lead Line Service Tech (Current Employee), Morristown, NJJuly 22, 2014
Good work enviorment, good benefits. Not so great pay, and could use more hours.
Meeting new people everyday
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 22, 2014
I really loved the aviation industry due to the fasted paced environment beautiful view of San Antonio Airport
Line Service Technician - DON'T WORK HERE
Line Service Technician (Current Employee), Wichita, KSJuly 3, 2014
Cons: you're the guy who cleans feces and urine out of airplanes!
DO NOT WORK HERE.

WARNING: You're the guy who cleans feces and urine out of airplanes! You'll do this every day!

The lavatory cart in Wichita leaks, too. Sometimes you'll get feces and urine on you.

Signature Flight Support will act like it's no big deal. Do not believe them when they act like cleaning feces and urine out of an airplane is no big – more... deal. It's absolutely disgusting.

DO NOT WORK HERE. – less
Lack of Interegity and training
Supervisor (Former Employee), Van Nuys, CAJune 18, 2014
Pros: tips for line service
Cons: healthcare is a joke, if it wasn't for the airport they would love to pay you less.
Since January 1st the integrity of the leadership lead by a person with a Napoleon complex has made the environment and culture a miserable place to work. If you like working with airplanes and want to be in aviation look to work at one of their competitors that are interested in building true relationships with their employees not tear them down and – more... make them feel less then themselves.
Company is more worried about providing the investment return to it's investors than care about the men and women that sacrifice their livelihoods daily for their profit.
If you want to work for Signature your better off commuting to one of their other facilities than working in Van Nuys for a Leader that just doesn't get...... – less
productive and fun workplace
Line Service Technician (Former Employee), kansas city, moJune 6, 2014
Pros: great hours
Cons: no lunch brreaks
great employees to work with with and overall busy atmosphere
A decent place to work...
Line Service Technician (Current Employee), Palm Springs, CAJune 5, 2014
Pros: you will learn about avaiation
Cons: they will work you to death
As most jobs, there will always be pros and cons... In all honesty, the pay is low, the work is fast paced, but it is fun!
Signature Flight
Ticket Agent (Former Employee), Romulus, MIJune 1, 2014
Pros: meeting new people daily
Cons: co-workers immaturity
There was no such thing as a typical day n this environment.

I learned that I need more consistency in my life job wise.

Management, I was not in contact with management that much at this job.

Co-workers was immature

There was no hard part to this job.

I enjoyed meeting new people on a daily bases.
Good Job, Bad management
Line Service Technician (Current Employee), Bedford, MAMay 9, 2014
Pros: matching 401k up to 4% of pay, work outside, lots of overtime in winter
Cons: work outside, health care, no breaks, schedule
I like the job. Its enjoyable, I've learned more about aircrafts than I ever thought I'd know. The typical day consists of: Fueling aircraft, towing, providing ground services (ground power units, lavatory services, catering, luggage handling, coffee, ice and papers), deicing planes, marshaling aircraft on and off the ramp.

The management at my facility – more... is aweful. They dump their jobs on other senior members of the staff. They are also quick to throw their employees under the bus if they screw up. I really feel like all the company cares about is $$$ rather than the people that works make it for them. Managers micromanage when its slow, are nowhere to be found when its busy.

The work schedule is based on seniority, is done by a set shift schedule. The senior person bids for the shift they want, down the line to the new guy. New guy gets the worst schedule.

Working for a multi-billion dollar company servicing million dollar jets, you think they might pay you more than 12.75 an hour to start. – less
Signature Flight Support KHXD
Line Service Technician, Lead/Trainer of New Hires (Current Employee), Hilton Head Island, SCMay 9, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: august in s.c.
On any typical day I am involved in towing operations, fuelings, and Customer Service. Having started as a CSR and moving to “the Line” I have more knowledge of the overall operations.

Overall, the most enjoyable portion of my job is seeing ‘happy, satisfied customer’s’ that ensure repeat business. I am ‘the guy’ that goes above and beyond to make – more... their experience with us truly enjoyable and memorable. – less
great place to work
Line Service Technician Supervisor (Current Employee), Memphis, TNApril 10, 2014
Pros: great training
Cons: weather
i have been employed with signature flight support for 12 years and it is a great place to work.the hardest part of my job is working in the weather.my co workers are ok.
Very productive- working outside- someting new and different every day.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Chicago Il. (O'Hare Airport)April 4, 2014
Pros: being outdoors- great healthcare
Cons: bad weather
Typical work day- fast pace (because of flights coming/going all hour all day.

Learned- Working at a fast pace with great co-workers makes the day fly by (pardon the pun).

Management- Approachable, fair minded. Will help employees when
needed. Not afraid to roll up their shirt sleeves and get their hands dirty

Co-workers- The best. Always there to – more... lend a hand. Always upbeat
even if its raining or snowing. They know what they signed for and are willing to get the job done.

Hardest part- When a flight is cancelled and we have to download the plane when your next flight is waiting for you.

Enjoyable- To meet and greet celebrities (Movie/TV stars- sports- wrestlers- politicians- etc...) – less
This place sucks!!! I wish the economy was better so i could leave.
Ramp Agent (Current Employee), BwiApril 2, 2014
Pros: co-workers. we all are like prisoners of war, or should i say the economy. stuck. but all in it together.
Cons: management management management.
DONT INTERVIEW. DONT WORK HERE!! I promise you it is the worse. Management is Awwwwfuuul!!!! P.S. I still work here, so im no ex employee that is saying this to get back at the company. I hate it here. The peopleo work with hate it here. So yourself a favor and pass. Like I should have!!
Productive fun environment to work in & grow to learn about aviation.
Line Service Technician (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 31, 2014
Pros: free food from the pilots, charter planes, rich folk tip here and there
Cons: poor, poor management, equipment, ect over worked & never appreciated
Really enjoyed my time with signature co workers became more like family one of my better jobs I didn't mind waking up to come to work!
Good atmosphere ,great people
Line Service Technician (Former Employee), Reagan National Airport,Hanger7March 31, 2014
Pros: being around jets and helicopters made for an exciting day
Cons: no lunch break, you eat when you had a chance, if you had a chance.
Park arriving aircraft,fuel(if needed)and provided the crew with ground transpotation.
teamwork
Line Service Technician (Current Employee), 240 prescott street east boston, MaMarch 17, 2014
Pros: great teamates
Line service technicians are the heartbeats of the company. Regardless of services that had to be done and the situations one may encounter that wasn't to their liking, customer service for the pilots and the passengers is the main priority

1 2 3 4

About Signature Flight Support

In its own distinctive way, Signature Flight Support helps the business and general aviation communities take to the skies. The – Read more

Signature Flight Support Photos