Signature Flight Support Employee Reviews in United States

Demanding but rewarding
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJanuary 30, 2016
Long hours, good pay, great benefits. You have to be committed to aviation as career, but if you are there are plenty of advancement opportunities.
Horrible company to work for
Line Service Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 15, 2016
You are not to have a life when working for this company.. work an average of 55 to 65 hours a week. management is lacking and no training is given except for online training which ou have no idea what it means until you pick up on everything as you go. they except you to go beyond what you are physically capable of but they will not work with you on anything that you need. no place for advancement unless you are there for quite a number of years and turn over rate is horrible. Worst company i ever worked for, they do not care for their employees at all.
Pros
meet famous people and work with cool planes all day
Cons
everything else.. horrible company to work for
Good team work
Aircraft Fueler/ line service technician (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXFebruary 7, 2016
Don't go work for this place.... They don't pay you good Management don't know what he doing. You got leads that are kids that think there above everything. You won't get your 3 month rise for awhile.. Or for that ur 6 months. They don't rotate your schedule for mornings to nights. It's all who been there longer. They treat there customers better then there employees. No tv in line shack but other places they have for there employees in other city's. No time with family. You do a lot for very bad poor pay.
Pros
Good workers
Cons
Poor pay, don't rotate your schedule, poor management old tugs.
Lazy Coworkers
Line Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNMay 8, 2016
Pretty much the only training you get is the computer training and unless you have previous airline experience you won't understand anything. My coworkers wouldn't voluntarily explain anything to me, I had to ask what anything meant or figure it out on my own. When they did explain it to me they talked totally over my head and I have over 5 years working in the airline industry. So in other words they sucked at training me! They would make me do all the grunt work. I had to call in sick for 2 days in a row and my supervisor told me to get a doctor's note, which I did, and when I came back to work they fired me! Also my supervisor worked an average of 4 hours a day (if he came in at all).
Pros
meeting famous people
Cons
the people you work with
Don't come to this place!
Line Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Bedford, MAFebruary 25, 2016
We who work there are all looking for new jobs. No manager care a one bit about staff. All they care about is how much money they make.Most employees are unhappy and have a low moral at work. Pay does not reflect work. Negative atmosphere.
Pros
occasional tips from passengers
Cons
horrible management, no lunch break
Signature Flight Support
Line Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 19, 2015
Great staff, CSRs and LSTs alike. Salary is capped yearly with there being no advancement in position only in when your alotted schedule is changed when another staff member leaves or retires.
Pros
Given all uniforms and other equipment needed, company buys lunches and dinners ocassionally.
Cons
low pay for amount of work.
Interesting place to work, not a lot of room for advancement
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 7, 2016
This place allows you to meet all kinds of people. Great for the aviation enthusiast. There is not a lot of room to move up unless you want to relocate. Sometimes management is hard to talk to, but overall, it's a good company and a fun place to work.
Striving to create services that are personalized and of good quality
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAMay 12, 2016
A typical day at work consists of aiding customers in acquiring hotels rooms, rental cars, catering orders, as well as services for their planes. At Signature we try and create personalized service to each individual customer.
Pros
Good work environment, very personal relationship with customers.
Cons
No opportunity to move up.
Fun place to work
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 29, 2016
Lots of new customers from all over the world
Learn and meet different local businesses and work with their management to have a great experience for the customer.
Very customer oriented job. Busy but rewarding.
Pros
4 days week
Cons
Night shift
Too Much Stress
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 3, 2016
Often required to work more than scheduled hours but chastised for going into "Overtime". Complicated and hard to learn computer software and procedures. Management not trained on software or procedures.
great group of guys to work with
Lead Facilities Technician (Current Employee) –  Bedford, MANovember 16, 2015
I enjoy working there and being faced with new obstacles and being able to be faced with problems and fixing them. I get enjoyment out of working with my hands and making repairs especially on some of our older Steam heating systems. My resume speaks for the rest of what i am capable of doing.

Sincerely,
Michael Angelo Lorenzana
Pros
I love working at the airport in general and also being able to meet famous Athletes, Actors and Musicians
Cons
Wish christmas bonuses were bigger than 25$ market Basket cards
Horrible Company Run Far Away!
Line Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 2, 2016
Worked for them for one day and quit. No lunches, no breaks, old broken equipment, lazy managers, unsafe equipment. Non stop rich and rude people expecting you to kiss their a@$.
Pros
A paycheck.
Cons
Everything else!
Ramp Supervisor
Aircraft service Technician/ Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNApril 18, 2016
It is all ways a fun a learning environment working in the airline industry learning about all the different aircraft and how to service them. it is always nice to work out doors.
Interesting Job
Line Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 10, 2016
Cool job, always different every day. Interesting, I enjoy the field I work in and the people I work with. My favorite thing is getting to meet new people.
Pros
Meet cool people
Cons
The way things are run
Not a good place at all
former employee (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IANovember 16, 2014
The job itself is good if your into airplanes and meeting famous people and then some it was challenging to please every customer but its possible, management is never pleased no matter how much fuel you can pump! In the aviation world you will never get paid what you feel you are worth no matter what! You never get any sorta raises at all. In seven years I was only ever to get a whopping whole 2.00$ in raises, roughly .10 cents to every six months to a year.
How is that right at all? If any company such as this one wants its employee's to be loyal then it needs a serious overhaul.

During my time there just at my station they went though 4 General managers and 5 shift supervisors. One day the "REGIONAL AREA DIRECTOR" his main base is in MSP came told us we all did the crappiest job he has ever seen, After he fired the General manger.
He told us we all were prisoners running the Jail house. { He's a very friendly guy}!

If you Preach safety you better practice it, they don't no matter what mangers say! its all about the bottom line are you a good company guy and will listen to the managers, Or will you listen to your feelings and make sure you as a employee are safe
Pros
friends
Cons
employees have to buy there own cold weather gear. you only get a credit for new boots!
good bunch of people.
Lead Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 17, 2016
i worked with a bunch good guys who were very hard working people in any type of weather condition. Working with other LST's also encourages you to work just as hard.
LST/CSR (Current Employee) –  10 NW Richards RDJune 23, 2015
A typical day at Signature would start from the moment you get there cause there is always something going on being a air port. I've learned a lot over the years I worked there but I feel its time to move on to something I want to do that will provide for my family and myself.
The management at Signature was ok at best there has been changes in management as of late people who got promoted that should not have and some that were over looked for whatever reason.
Coworkers are great part of the job and I think that's what kept me for so long. There are a few that are hard to get along with but you'll run in to those people were ever you go.
Good Job, Bad management
Line Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Bedford, MAMay 9, 2014
I like the job. Its enjoyable, I've learned more about aircrafts than I ever thought I'd know. The typical day consists of: Fueling aircraft, towing, providing ground services (ground power units, lavatory services, catering, luggage handling, coffee, ice and papers), deicing planes, marshaling aircraft on and off the ramp.

The management at my facility is aweful. They dump their jobs on other senior members of the staff. They are also quick to throw their employees under the bus if they screw up. I really feel like all the company cares about is $$$ rather than the people that works make it for them. Managers micromanage when its slow, are nowhere to be found when its busy.

The work schedule is based on seniority, is done by a set shift schedule. The senior person bids for the shift they want, down the line to the new guy. New guy gets the worst schedule.

Working for a multi-billion dollar company servicing million dollar jets, you think they might pay you more than 12.75 an hour to start.
Pros
matching 401k up to 4% of pay, work outside, lots of overtime in winter
Cons
work outside, health care, no breaks, schedule
Fired!
Line Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Teterboro, NJSeptember 5, 2015
Its great to see someone [finally] get fired for messing up at Teterboro!

Doing the right thing is not encouraged at this company, you are treated differently if you're not part of the clique
Pros
Cons
The lack of managment, lack of supervisors actions

Comment – March 31, 2016

Its satisfying to see the GM & Duty Manager loose their job for not handling issues that could jave been avoided. They were incompetent and cared only about themselves!

What you Learned
Aircraft Line Technician (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MIOctober 18, 2015
first thing check for how many airplanes coming in on my shift. then see what aircraft on ramp need services performed. working at an airport i had so many jobs. from parking planes to fueling . to loading sports charters.towing planes.most enjoyable was meeting people from all over the world.