Signature Hospice, Home Health and Home Care

Signature Hospice, Home Health and Home Care Employee Reviews

Toxic toxic toxic
N/A (Current Employee) –  MedfordJanuary 4, 2018
A recent change in Administrators has caused the office to become an unhealthy toxic environment. We have lost more than a few good employees, complaints to corporate have gone unanswered and have not been fully investigated. People could have continued on with lower than average pay scales etc. but the every day worry of losing your job if you upset the new admin or one of her friends has proven to much for most.
Add that to the fact that the administrator uses abusive, degrading terms when she speaks of employees current and past. And has also used hate speech, derogatory slurs in office and out, most people who have the opportunity, leave as soon as they can. And corporate office seems ok with it all.

If you like an office environment where there are instances of assault, hate speech, lying, gossip and retaliation all coming down from management this is the place for you. Or if you enjoy stress induced illness that can be arranged too.

It needs to be said that these instances came in with our new “leader”, this office hasn’t always had this level of problems in the past.

There aren’t enough benefits to actually say it’s worth it right now to join the company. Our insurance is sub par, our pay scale for positions is below national average, and our leadership needs more leaders.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Management/Administrator; pay scales; PTO; insurance; hostile unhealthy environment, hospice staff
I like my job here
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Eugene, OROctober 25, 2017
I like my job here but unfortunately they were not able to give me a full time position and so I don't have very many hours. I like my manager. I hope they are able to give me a full-time position in the future.
Pros
Flexibility of scheduling your own patients around your work week.
Cons
Not really any cons other than my personal situation with not enough hours being PRN.
Good group to work with
LPN (Current Employee) –  Central Point, OROctober 3, 2017
Would not recommend hospice group. Good health care teams. Everyone works together to achieve same goal. Pts continue to come back if we are needed and they recommend us out.
Pros
Health care team
Cons
Hospice
Love my job!
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 20, 2017
I have been with Signature for a year now and I REALLY enjoy the people I get to work with everyday and the company culture. Everyone works hard every day to make Signature a top competitor in Home Health and Hospice. The company is dedicated to providing top care to patients as well as treating their employees with utmost respect and great leadership. Not to mention great PTO and continuing education opportunities. I truly enjoy working for a company that is so compassionate and puts patient care first and foremost.
Pros
Culture, Pto, Continuing Education, Flexible Schedule
No support
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAJune 18, 2017
This company will tell you many things and in the end they do not support their employess and have no problem cutting people for none performance issues. They are not concerned with employee opinions. They want sheep, not leaders. Stay away.
Pros
Cons
No employee support. Managent is terrible.
Official response from Signature Hospice, Home Health and Home Care
August 31, 2017

We’re sorry to hear you had a less than satisfactory experience working for Signature. This comes as a surprise as our Bellingham agency has been rated #1 in the state for quality care and outcomes for several years in a row. At Signature, we foster a culture of trust and respect, and encourage our employees to put integrity above all else. We feel that these values are part of the reason why 98% of our employees have responded that “Signature is a good company to work for” on our annual surveys.

Great place to work!
Home Office (Current Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORJune 16, 2017
I have worked for Signature for 7 years! Great communication within the company, all working toward one common goal, compassionate employees, open door policy with management, lots of growth opportunities, supportive culture, strong leadership team. Mission statement is to "enhance the life of every person we serve" and that is exactly what we do! I absolutely love my job and enjoy the people I work with. Great PTO and benefits. Understanding of work/life balance. I would recommend employment with Signature in a heartbeat.
Day to day variety and supportive management
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORJune 16, 2017
Great place to work with a variety of tasks and very supportive management. Everyone wants to see you thrive, which is always a great feeling. Everyone works hard on a daily basis and the President of Signature takes time to recognize that.
nice staff
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORJune 12, 2017
Working in the schools is challenging and rewarding. Quality staff, invested in wellbeing of clients and family systems. Enjoyable work environment. Positive supports.
Very Unprofessional
exemployer (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORMay 25, 2017
Would not work for them again period. Very unprofessional and careless about HIPPA laws/regulations. Training is horrible. Staff in office don't follow protocols even tho they stated during training all staff are held at same rules/regulations. Staff act unexperience
Pros
easy to get hired
Cons
not clients available. poor training. Staff unprofessional. breach HIPPA.
Official response from Signature Hospice, Home Health and Home Care
August 31, 2017

We take staff training very seriously. Year-over-year, our Home Health five-star ratings have increased steadily and as of 2016, we consistently average 4-stars. We’ve achieved this success by implementing standardized quality programs across all agencies. Each agency dedicates a clinical employee to oversee the quality program to ensure implementation and attention to our quality standards – and this includes office staff as well.

Great Place to Work
Data Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORMay 24, 2017
I've been here for over a year now and I don't plan on leaving! I feel like I'm appreciated daily for the work I do and I have a very supportive boss. Great benefits, especially the PTO. I would definitely recommend working here to anyone.
Pros
Work environment, Pto, co-workers
Cons

Want to know more about Signature Hospice, Home Health and Home Care?

Ask a question
Worst place ever
Scheduler Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMarch 25, 2017
The 'director' lies often to cover her mistakes. She spends her time painting her nails and tending to her son who's flagulence is somewhat unbearable. They expect you to work sun up to sun set. The pay is great if you don't have a life.
Pros
Hostile environment
Cons
too numerous to mention
Good Company Overall
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 24, 2017
Signature bought out two home health companies in Utah in 2015. The two companies combined (Access and Millcreek) which at first was a struggle. The company hasn't seen quite the growth that it thought it would with the merger. Management is top heavy.
Signature Home Health
Per Diem RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Central Point, ORJanuary 19, 2017
Busy work place with committed employees and staffing. Open door policy with Clinic Supervisor and CEO. I have worked as a Per Diem Nurse and work hours flexible.
Truly Toxic
NP (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDDecember 5, 2016
Extremely micromanaged, but micromanaged without resources to get the job done they expect. Completely unrealistic expectations. Very poorly run company. I could only hack this job for a short time.
Pros
Schedule your own apts
Cons
Doesn't matter how you schedule them because anyway you do it is considered "wrong"
work flow
Admission Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 28, 2016
I enjoyed my time here with this company. I wanted to change my work environment due to me wanting to give direct care rather than sit behind a desk with only 5 people in the office
Very support team of therapists and nurses.
COTA/L (Former Employee) –  Central Point, ORAugust 26, 2016
A typical day of work averaged 5 - 6 people. I learned to be more organized with management of my time and keeping lines of communication open. I worked hard my my management to improve my documentation skills. The hardest part of my job was driving long distance to see my caseload. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my patients and seeing them progress toward meeting their goals.
Amazing place to work!
Home Health Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAAugust 5, 2016
I can't say enough about the staff and management at Signature. Highly qualified and deeply compassionate, caring and sincere people. Great place to work. If we didn't need to move, I would have never left!
Pros
Good people, excellent support, great flexibility, good compensation
Cons
Documentation. Not a real con...you just have to stay on top of it as with any home health job.
This is not a good career choice
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORJuly 28, 2016
This is a stepping stone job, not a career. They are inconsistent and there is obvious favoritism. They are flexible with employee hours but this is often abused especially by managers. Employees are frequently promised raises they do not receive or have to wait months before they actually see anything.
Pros
Middle management is nice and cares for employees, Great PTO Package, Flexible Hours
Cons
benefits, lack of follow through, favortism, unrealistic expectations
Great Company to work for.
Outreach Director (Current Employee) –  IdahoJuly 12, 2016
Great company to work with, and they provide a great service for the community. This company provides not only hospice services but they also provide Primary Care for those in ALF's that are not able to get to the doctor. Service is always #1 not only to the patient but to the family.
Make my own Schedule. Trust my intregrity.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 3, 2016
This Hospice company is great... Great staff, councilor's, spiritual guidance, and resident care. Paid per visit, mileage. hardest part of this job was traveling from NW. Salem to Portland Or. on a daily basis. Most enjoyable were the residents.
Pros
Making my own schedule, being independent.
Cons
Long drive.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Signature Hospice, Home Health and Home Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8