Signature Retail Services

Signature Retail Services Employee Reviews in United States

productive company
Cross Merchandising (Current Employee) –  new york cityDecember 3, 2014
as a field rep
job is to interact with workers and customers to get input on the clients products
also to assure that the stores are treating the clients product in a fair way
best part is you work by yourself
mostly all communication is done through email,text and phone
Pros
your out by yourself in all stores through your state(area)
Cons
the pay back for car expense doesn't come close to what you spend
THD Garden Merchandiser
Garden Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaOctober 29, 2014
Fast paced job that has no future!
SRS lost the contract with Berry and started cutting hours early in the season. Management is a JOKE, supervisors are clueless about plants or garden for that matter. My area manager was a gutless liar.
Contentiously creating problems where and when there were none.
This job is no longer in existence and SRS did nothing to help find new positions.
Pros
setting one's own hours.
Cons
management (all)
Garden Center Team - Merchandiser
Garden Center Team- Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  East TexasOctober 25, 2014
Probably the best part time job I've ever had. Even though working in this position is very independent, and labor intensive, you still get a sense of being on team. There is always someone to help you should you get stuck or find yourself not knowing what to do. I traveled between Longview, Tyler, Mt. Pleasant, and Texarkana every other day, which I didn't mind at all because I love to drive, and you also receive Time and Mileage. The only downside for me was being the middle man between Sigretail, and the Managers at the stores we had merchandise in. A couple of the store managers were extremely passive-aggressive towards me, and that's a problem because clear communication between The Store and Sigretail is very important.
Pros
very flexible schedule, time and mileage (when traveling), great co workers
Difficult to teach owners to sell.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 20, 2013
Call on selected retail/dealer accounts in the Dallas and Fort Worth area to promote sells for a major flooring manufacture. I am responsible for the roll out of new products in accounts as well as train new sales associates in these accounts. DFW was the original test market for this program and with the success in this market I have been training new reps for other markets such as Chicago and Boston. Increased sales 37% over first 90 days in the Dallas market. Train new representatives for various markets. Perform regional training for major home center account.
Pros
succeeded in my goal as planned.
Cons
company had no idea how to sell.
Do the time, get paid until no longer needed
Bosch Pro Center Expert (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILJanuary 29, 2014
Contracted by Signature to Bosch to be in-store representation. Felt more commodity than person. The emphasis was on clock awareness than in building relationships. The management from Signature were nice to work with but were focused on making sure we fulfilled their contractual obligations.
Pros
fairly not invasive micromanagement
Cons
needed as long as they have a spot to fill
Fast paced, replaceable, easy work
Temporary Construction Team (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 23, 2012
There are too many cooks in the kitchen. A normal work day consisted of meeting at the the store being worked on. Having 4-6 managers telling you conflicting things to do. People getting fired and replaced almost every day. The work was easy, just cleaning and setting planograms, but if not done quick enough or if they didn't like you, you were gone. Terrible management and terrible work ethic.
Productive and pro-active workplace.
Territory service representative (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJune 28, 2013
I worked with store management to maintain and insure display integrity. Keeping product at an acceptable level. I learned about various grades of pine and composite molding products. My co-workers were helpful and positive. The hardest part of my job was coordinating activities with store associates. I enjoyed working with store staff and worked well with them.
Best for ppl with good milage cars....
Field Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Wilkes Barre, PAAugust 22, 2012
Great managers really understanding and easy going... that said communication between The Home Depot and SRS was lacking if best. easy job just lots of B.S. Hardest part of job was dealing with power trippy Dept Heads and no COMMUNICATION!
Pros
freedom, management, pay
Cons
communication between different companys. no company car, travel way too far, no room for advancement in area
Good fun job
Remodel associate (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, ArizonaApril 17, 2015
I enjoyed it and wish I could have continued on with this company however they were not hiring any of the temps on at the time.
Pros
Teach you alot
Cons
Weren't hiring on
Company with a lot of potential
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Lombard, ILJanuary 28, 2014
This company could do great things unfortunately for the poor leadership, which stems from the top. They crucify any idea that requires the tiniest investment and demand spending cuts no matter what safety or ethical issues it may cause.
Pros
yearly christmas party
Cons
no benefits, no raises, poor management

Want to know more about Signature Retail Services?

Ask a question
Bosch Sales Rep
Bosch Vendor/Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 3, 2013
Working with the Bosch company was great, but working with signature retail services wasn't great at all. Signature was very counterproductive and unorganized with the Bosch reps and may of us just preferred to deal with Bosch directly.
Pros
schedule
Cons
working for signature retail services period.
Review
Field Service Representative (Former Employee) –  various locationsAugust 8, 2012
Great place to work. Good balance between physical, technical, and customer service work. If you do the job you are hired to do management doesn't micro manage your work day. I enjoyed the freedom the work offered.
Pros
set my own work day schedule
Cons
travel to multiple locations
Great place to wrok
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 10, 2011
I enjoyed my time at SRS, but The Home Depot's restructuring and constant changes in the merchandising and vendor program at my time with SRS felt unstable. Hopefully, things are more concrete on the side of THD and their changes are done for awhile.
Minimal Advancement Opportunities
Manufacturer's representative (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILFebruary 15, 2013
The management at Signature has a goal of creating a revolving door at the company to avoid pay increases.
Pros
working on your own in the field.
Cons
no support, low pay, terrible benefits, no advancement opportunities.
Nice work to lifebalance
PRO CENTER EXPERT (PCE) (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILJanuary 13, 2015
No chance for advancement even when you are tops in sales and building business relationships.
Pros
on your own
Cons
low wage and little time off
handing tools and travel , variety of work
Construction Lead (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 29, 2013
the travel is good, I work in many different co. They try to keep me working all year . I have to figure out problems and make pogs and signage work sometimes. Clean, set and make items fit. I don't care to say more.
Lacking in management forsight.
Dayshift Foreman for Boneyard (Former Employee) –  USJuly 19, 2012
Don't want to comment too much about the company but the management is lacking.
Pros
good pay, lots of overtime
Cons
moving around too much, not good for a family person.
productive place to work
Merchandising Representative (Current Employee) –  Tampa, fl.November 22, 2013
A lot of driving but you have a schedule to complete and as long as you complete your daily task you are able to set your own pace.
productive and fun working place
DISTRICT MERCHANDISING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILApril 29, 2013
My typical day at work would consist of calling all my reps and making sure they were all at the job site.. i
Good Team Experience
Bosch Pro-Center Expert (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILJune 30, 2014
Great opportunity to excel at goals set forth. Meeting customers and promoting product

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Signature Retail Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9