Signpost Employee Reviews

Work Hard, Play Hard
Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 7, 2016
I've been at Signpost over 2 years, and I'm a very good example of "you get out of it what you put into it" like you'll see in so many other reviews. If you work hard and perform well, you will be rewarded. The culture is fun, and the fast-paced environment keeps everything exciting and anything but mundane.
Management has been a pleasure to work with. It's rare to find a company that shares it's goals, victories, and struggles in the way that the exec team at Signpost does. It's refreshing to know that they are on our side, and aren't afraid to tackle challenges head on.
Pros
Happy hours, transparent executive motives, free breakfast on Tuesdays, collaborative environment.
Cons
Wide variety of motivation in other employees
Good culture but horrible comp
Sales Development Representative (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 20, 2016
Love the managers and other employees but the comp is awful. I would make more money working in a fast-food restaurant. Not sure how people are expected to make ends meet.
Pros
Culture, Events
Cons
Compensation
An incredible place to grow!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 30, 2016
I have been with Signpost for almost 3 years. When I started I had no sales experience. The support and training I received during my time as a sales rep was truly unbelievable. What I have learned at Signpost will help me no matter where my career takes me.

Now that I am in a management position, I am able to bring that same support that I received to new employees. This is why the job is great! Every person in Denver wants to see you succeed. But, that doesn't mean it is a cake walk.

Selling at Signpost is HARD! The grind is real! But the rewards are great! Every success is celebrated by your colleagues. Get ready for more high fives than you can handle.
Pros
Office culture. Management support. Team environment. Transparency
Cons
Constant change (but hey it is a Startup). The GRIND!
Awesome culture and great product made the sale more fluid
National Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 2, 2016
The reason I left Signpost was I wanted to focus on more consultative selling. The process at Signpost is rather transactional, and while many people enjoy it, it simply didn't suit my career goals of working on professional level relationship building.
Pros
taco tuesdays, cold brew kegs
Cons
no 401k matching
SignPost Wins
Sales Development Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 30, 2016
First of all the SignPost product is awesome! The entire Austin office has about 65 people but we all know each other on a first name basis whether if you're in sales or finance.
Working here is definitely not everyone if you cannot handle objections or if are not willing to set high goals and work to achieve those goals.
The culture is extremely supportive and well-balanced, I love working at SignPost and would recommend a job to anyone who is optimistic and willing to grind.
Pros
Free beer keg, central location, standing/sitting desks
Cons
pay for parking
Great company and culture!
N/A (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 19, 2016
Signpost offers a great product that every small local business owner needs. If you're having a bad day, management is there to support and guide you. Everyone loves everyone here! Hardest part of the job is staying consistent. If you're money hungry and want to sell a product that actually works and helps business owners this is a great place to make some money!
Pros
Hardly anyone micro-manages you! That's a +
Cons
none really.
Great Company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 10, 2016
Great company atmosphere, loved everyone I worked with.The company is evolving so there is a lot of opportunity. Not a clear path to advancement, though. Everyone there is great.
Pros
People
Cons
Cold calling
Ping pong tables
Sales Development Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 24, 2016
It was like going into high school each day with a back pack hanger and ping pong table to play games while working. No one focused on their jobs inside the team I was assigned to and the company culture was racist.
Pros
do not work here
Cons
do not work here
Great Place to Work
Lead National Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 30, 2016
Signpost is a work hard play hard environment.

The team there is truly a family, they are supportive in every way.
They have helped me hone my sales skills and become the successful sales representative I am today.

Highly Recommend
Great Company
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 14, 2016
Very strong company to work for. Opportunity is what you make of it at Signpost- the harder you're willing to work, the further you will take yourself.

Want to know more about Signpost?

Ask a question
Best place to start/grow your career. Period.
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 26, 2014
Was hired as a Sales Rep in early 2012. After months of success as a Sales Exec, I was promoted to Sales Manager in the NY office, where I manage a team of 10 sales reps. This epitomizes the career growth opportunities Signpost has.

If you work at Signpost, you will be a big fish in a small pond, making a significant impact everyday. I have learned vital sales, recruitment and management skills throughout my tenure, in a relatively quick fashion. Benefits of working at start-up - expedite your career growth!

Plus the fun/vibrant atmosphere makes coming to work a pleasure.
Pros
Snacks and beer keg. Happy hours. Uncapped commission. Young, start-up culture. Clear promotional path. Great training, mentoring and career opportunity.
Cons
Lower base salaries than bigger companies (make it up with commission).
Fun culture, lots of opportunity
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 11, 2014
The NYC office is a young and energetic place to work. The sales team and management are all young and like to have fun. There is music playing throughout the office and a kegerator that everyone typically grabs a beer from around 6:00pm.

The base salary might not be as high as other places, but it's a sales job - you can make up for that on your commission check each month. Sales targets are reasonable and managers are great about giving feedback and helping out to close a deal. If you want to learn sales, have an opportunity to close your own deals, and learn what it takes to succeed in a high energy, fast-paced work environment this is the spot for you.
Pros
training, culture, free beer, snacks, realistic goals
Start Up
Lead National Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 6, 2016
There are changes that you will not expect that happen on a daily basis. The company can be very disorganized, and set the wrong expectations.
Great product but terrible workplace
Business Development Training (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 29, 2016
They advocate a work hard play hard environment when in reality it's more like a work boot camp. Be prepared to make 150+ calls a day with managers hovering over you giving encouragement, but then talking about firing you behind your back. The only saving grace was the friends I made there.
Pros
taco tuesdays
Typical Cold Calling Job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 20, 2015
Working for Signpost is a typical cold calling job- expectations are 150 dials a day or 3 hours of talk time, whichever can be achieved with a strong desire for 3 hours of talk time, regardless of the amount of calls made. Like any cold calling job for a severely mediocre product it is hard to get merchants to listen and to hit the 3 hours of talk time they want let alone the quotas they have in place.
Pros
It's sales... whatever pros come with that
Cons
Extremely structured- told when you can have breaks and can't leave unless it is a scheduled break, poor management, bad SaaS product
Great job for right out of school
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  DenverJanuary 29, 2015
Low pay, but the culture and people are great. Everyone is very supportive. Great product. This is a good first sales job and perfect for people right out of school. Great benefits though!
Pros
bagels, management, benefits
Cons
low pay, monotonous
great workplace
National Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 15, 2016
I had a good time working at signpost. The national sales team is very close and full of good people. The company as a whole is growing and will continue to do so.
Great place to grow as a professional
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 26, 2014
Signpost is a perfect place to shape your professional career. The people around the office are always willing to lend a hand in any situation. Since joining Signpost I have expanded my knowledge of sales, company growth, team building, account management, and many other areas that will help me for the rest of my life. The skills that you can learn here are invaluable.

I would recommend Signpost to any hard working individual trying to climb the ranks of a growing company.
Pros
Culture, Executive team, Growth Opportunity
Cons
Competitive environment, which is to be expected in a sales job
Great people & product; Lousy targeted audience
Sales Development Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 3, 2015
Some of the best people i've ever had the opportunity to work with before, and a great product which is made to be affordable & effective for its audience.

-Gained significant sales experience in a short period of time due to the high expectations of the job

-The worst part of the job is dealing with the local/small business merchants. While the vast majority of them could greatly benefit from the product, they are incredibly difficult to show the demonstration to, and are incredibly stubborn to separate from their past marketing efforts, despite the quality of the product.

These are often owners & DMs who do not understand marketing, or the value of modern word of mouth/online presence.

The high sales expectations are stressful, especially due to the targeted businesses unwillingness to take a chance on a new brand, despite the quality shown to them. Many of them have their heads stuck in the sand, and their wallets attached to inferior services for higher rates.
Pros
Great people, good product, fun environment
Cons
Low starting pay, high learning curve, difficult working with small/local businesses
Hard working and fun
B2C Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 20, 2015
Meet really great people and have the opportunity to make a lot of money. You must work hard though or you will be let go.

Possibility of long hours so be prepared. Work hard and you'll succeed but do not make it harder than what it needs to be.
Pros
The people and happy hour

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Signpost. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3