Signpost

Signpost Employer Reviews

Great place to work, but could use a little more compensation.
Sales (Former Employee), Austin, TXAugust 19, 2014
Pros: ping pong
Cons: short breaks, long hours, worked way too hard for very little money.
Cold calling small business' and consulting them on what their needs may be. I learned to always be working hard and replinishing the pipeline. Management was solid, some unprofessional relationships between employers and employees occurred, but as to be expected with a growing company.
na
Sales Executive (Former Employee), Denver, COAugust 6, 2014
outbound sales environment, 150 dials per day/ 3 hours of talk time.
Stepping Stone
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Denver, COJuly 25, 2014
I really loved working for this company. Everything about was amazing, but cold calling everyday wasn't allowing me to shine as I wanted. It was nice to have gotten to experience this opportunity right out of school.
Best Culture, Great Opportunity, Free Beer
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Denver, COMarch 28, 2014
Pros: amazing culture, opportunities, and training
Cons: startup growing pains, not a cushy job
Great company to get your start. Typical sales job in the day-to-day sense, but the environment makes it much more palatable. Mini hoops around the office, keg after work, and free snacks.

Hard work, but rewarding when you overachieve. Great opportunities for those who are leaders both in metrics and presence.

Not an easy job by any means, do not – more... come in here expecting to crush off the bat without putting in the effort. Product is simple, but powerful, but small businesses are naturally very leery of salespeople and spending money in general, so don't expect an easy sale. All training is provided.

I literally never dread coming into work everyday – less
Great Start-Up in Downtown Denver
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Denver, COMarch 28, 2014
Pros: lots of growth opportunity, fast paced and exciting environment
Great atmosphere to start or grow your career! A great opportunity to learn about how a business operates and grows. The sales floor has so much energy it is contagious! If you are competitive and love the opportunity to grow this is the place for you!
Great place to grow as a professional
Sales Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 26, 2014
Pros: culture, executive team, growth opportunity
Cons: competitive environment, which is to be expected in a sales job
Signpost is a perfect place to shape your professional career. The people around the office are always willing to lend a hand in any situation. Since joining Signpost I have expanded my knowledge of sales, company growth, team building, account management, and many other areas that will help me for the rest of my life. The skills that you can learn – more... here are invaluable.

I would recommend Signpost to any hard working individual trying to climb the ranks of a growing company. – less
Best place to start/grow your career. Period.
Sales Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 26, 2014
Pros: snacks and beer keg. happy hours. uncapped commission. young, start-up culture. clear promotional path. great training, mentoring and career opportunity.
Cons: lower base salaries than bigger companies (make it up with commission).
Was hired as a Sales Rep in early 2012. After months of success as a Sales Exec, I was promoted to Sales Manager in the NY office, where I manage a team of 10 sales reps. This epitomizes the career growth opportunities Signpost has.

If you work at Signpost, you will be a big fish in a small pond, making a significant impact everyday. I have learned – more... vital sales, recruitment and management skills throughout my tenure, in a relatively quick fashion. Benefits of working at start-up - expedite your career growth!

Plus the fun/vibrant atmosphere makes coming to work a pleasure. – less
Stay Far Away
Sales (Former Employee), Austin, TxMarch 21, 2014
Pros: happy hour every so often.
Cons: short breaks that are micromanaged by the managers, call center feel.
Unreasonable Expectations

Unethical Management/Director team (Austin office)

Low pay

No advancement - even if you're talented. You've really gotta be in a relationship with someone in order to be promoted

On the plus side, the other reps are fantastic so you might hate the job but love the people. Some people are ok with that!

August 14, 2014

I think 2/hrs of break time a day in a 8:30 - 5:30 job is pretty ample.

Work Hard Play Hard Environment
Sales Executive (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: casual attire, set break time to build company morale. consistent competitions/incentives
Cons: 2 bathrooms
A typical day at work is high energy office with music playing, games and of course calling, pitching, and closing. The office consists of all young, smart , intelligent sales reps, account managers and management team. There is an open door policy accompanied by a strong support system and a real Signpost wins mentality.

At signpost you will always – more... find new ideas being thrown around, growth, consistent training, co-worker support, as well as friendships. – less
Fun culture, lots of opportunity
Sales Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: training, culture, free beer, snacks, realistic goals
The NYC office is a young and energetic place to work. The sales team and management are all young and like to have fun. There is music playing throughout the office and a kegerator that everyone typically grabs a beer from around 6:00pm.

The base salary might not be as high as other places, but it's a sales job - you can make up for that on your commission – more... check each month. Sales targets are reasonable and managers are great about giving feedback and helping out to close a deal. If you want to learn sales, have an opportunity to close your own deals, and learn what it takes to succeed in a high energy, fast-paced work environment this is the spot for you. – less
Fun workplace with unreasonable upfront expectations
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 21, 2014
A fun workplace but they sell it differently than what it is.

Low starting wage.

Basically have a month to hit a sales target or you are gone.

If management doesn't feel you have what it takes, they focus on helping others who they feel have a better future instead of helping you.

Aren't required to stay late, but if you leave on time, you get dirty – more... looks. – less
Young, Energetic Startup Company
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Austin, TexasAugust 2, 2013
Signpost was a great work environment because everyone was competitive yet helpful. The young sales force makes it easy for a recent college grad to feel comfortable and the job quickly tests the employees' ability to reason, relate, and convey information.
Care Giver
Carer (Former Employee), Stockport, ENGSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: working withthe public, everyday is a different day. new horizons and new challenges.
Cons: the cons are, predominantly working with vulnverable adults and knowing that thier lfe span is not sob long.
To provide a service that is Safe, congruent, and genuine.
I have a duty f care to all my clients and my mother as a receiver or the care I give her, to make sure that she and the rest of the people, are looked after in a manner that is dignified, respectful and trustworthy.

A typical day at my work place is to facilitate in the morning bathroom duties, – more... help with breakfast, companionship if anyone wished to gout or attend hospital appointments etc. Make sure they take their medication and eat regularly.
I have learned that no matter what role you have n your work life, unless you are prepared to go the extra mile you will never know how it feels to love your job and be completely satisfied with your performance daily.
My Co-Workers and I all work as part of a strong team. Without each others support and encouragement, the daily tasks may sometimes be a challenge to complete.

The hardest part of the job is knowing that someone may have passed away, someone that you may have cared for and built up a friendship with.

The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the smiles on people's faces when they recognise all your hard work and appreciate all the things you do for them daily. Having the extra rapport with the family and friends and knowing that a business relationship is being formed and finally facilitating their every need no matter how big or small. – less

About Signpost

Signpost is the cloud-based platform that makes digital and mobile marketing simple and effective for local businesses. Named – Read more