Signpost Employee Reviews

poll table, ping pong table
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 26, 2017
Lots of cold calling

learned how to keep people on the phone in the front end and how to sell people on the back end.

lots of changes in my 9 months there.

fast paced lots of team celebration
Great Company w/ Great People!
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 18, 2017
Been at Signpost for some years now and I can say that overall when you work hard you are respected, rewarded and there is opportunity for advancement. I can truly say that that the core team embodies Signpost's core values: we fight for small businesses, we focus on impact, we act like owners, we make our own luck, our team wins. I felt it when I first walked through the front door and I feel it today.
Pros
Great coworkers, supportive culture, innovative ideas always afoot
Great Place to Learn
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 10, 2017
If you're right out of college and want to get into sales, this is the place for you. They have a great training program. As long as individual numbers are met promotions aren't a problem. The salary is terrible, but a great place to get your foot in the door.
Pros
Great People, Happy Hours
Cons
Terrible Compensation
Stay away
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 30, 2017
Training is horrible. Turnover is horrible. Management is horrible. Micro-managing. They will listen and hover over every single call you take. Managers treat you like you're 5. If you get to work at 8:01am you will get yelled at.
Pros
Taco Tuesday
Cons
Management and sales training.
Fun but no pay
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 30, 2017
the company was good overall but they need better mgmt. they are also in one of the most saturated markets I have ever seen. office was fun and the people were young and immature
great starting spot
Employee (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 25, 2017
SP only takes hard workers. You will not be paid or be happy if you are not hardworking. The culture is rich and immature. If you are looking for a professional environment, I do not recommend. The training is hands down the best I've ever experienced.
Fun and clean enviroment
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 10, 2017
At the time They had a great training program. Well organized and great management team. Fun and Friendly environment. This is a call center and you have to make your dials to have some success and then you have to learn to close.
A fun place to work with a great atmosphere.
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 13, 2017
Signpost gives you the opportunity to grow within the company during your time here but it's also a great/fun place to work. Great atmosphere filled with great people keep you on your toes and drive you to be better.
Pros
Balance
It's a sales job, duh
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 2, 2017
It's a sales floor. What can you say? Lots of calls, dealing with jerks. Fortunately we sell a great product that helps local businesses. We work really hard but most days it's worth it.
Pros
Free lunches, happy hours, laid back atmosphere
Cons
Some times disorganized.
Lame
Sales Development Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 13, 2017
Low salary, no bonuses, immature staff and coworkers. Would not recommend to anyone. Start calling pizza shops and hair salons at 8:30am to try selling them a automated marketing software that they can't use and is well over priced. There are much better companies everywhere and anywhere else to work
Pros
bagel tuesday and easy commute
Cons
managers are not helpful and company does not provide sales leads
Awesome work enviroment
SaaS Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 20, 2016
Made 150-200 cold calls daily
Was taught to be a great sales person
Learned a lot from training & management
Co-workers worked as a team
Positive office environment
Pros
Breakfast on Tuesdays/ Ping pong table
Cons
No travel expense
Great culture with a lot of opportunities
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 13, 2016
I have been with Signpost for almost 3 years. If you are looking for a tech start-up to be apart of, Signpost is it. The catch is that you have to understand what you're getting yourself into. The return is so much more.

If you're looking into sales, understand that sales is hard and that it can be an emotional soul-sucking roller coaster. I didn't know this going in, but I had a positive attitude the whole time, applied what was taught to me, and worked with my head down. I had no prior experience and I turned out to be one of Signpost's top reps multiple times.

I now work in Account Management learning the back end of the product. There are a lot of opportunities for quick advancement and to work in different fields. Over the past 2 1/2 years I have been a sales rep, sales executive, senior sales executive and account manager. I also lead our sales council, and was peer elected social director. Me resume is stacked.

We are now scaling, and have a lot of huge things on the horizon. If you were considering Signpost, now is the time to make a move.
Pros
culture, advancement, upper management, product
Cons
base pay, although commission is uncapped
Work Hard, Play Hard - Definitely an awesome company
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 1, 2016
Coming from a job with no sales experience, I had AMAZING training at Signpost. I learned so much from the management team and the other employees were extremely helpful as well.

You meet your best friends here at Signpost... I was recently married and one of the girls in my hiring class was a bridesmaid in my wedding, that's how close we have become.

The hardest part of the job, is that in sales it's all about confidence in yourself, so if you're feeling down it can affect your performance. It's really important to stay positive and not let outside life affect your how you perform.

The best part about Signpost is definitely the culture and the paychecks $$$$ and the fact that if you work hard and do well, the promotion path is laid out very clearly and you automatically get that promotion.
Pros
commission checks and company culture
Cons
sales can be stressful, but it's worth it.
SignPost Wins
Sales Development Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 30, 2016
First of all the SignPost product is awesome! The entire Austin office has about 65 people but we all know each other on a first name basis whether if you're in sales or finance.
Working here is definitely not everyone if you cannot handle objections or if are not willing to set high goals and work to achieve those goals.
The culture is extremely supportive and well-balanced, I love working at SignPost and would recommend a job to anyone who is optimistic and willing to grind.
Pros
Free beer keg, central location, standing/sitting desks
Cons
pay for parking
An incredible place to grow!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 30, 2016
I have been with Signpost for almost 3 years. When I started I had no sales experience. The support and training I received during my time as a sales rep was truly unbelievable. What I have learned at Signpost will help me no matter where my career takes me.

Now that I am in a management position, I am able to bring that same support that I received to new employees. This is why the job is great! Every person in Denver wants to see you succeed. But, that doesn't mean it is a cake walk.

Selling at Signpost is HARD! The grind is real! But the rewards are great! Every success is celebrated by your colleagues. Get ready for more high fives than you can handle.
Pros
Office culture. Management support. Team environment. Transparency
Cons
Constant change (but hey it is a Startup). The GRIND!
Great Company
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 14, 2016
Very strong company to work for. Opportunity is what you make of it at Signpost- the harder you're willing to work, the further you will take yourself.
Work Hard, Play Hard
Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 7, 2016
I've been at Signpost over 2 years, and I'm a very good example of "you get out of it what you put into it" like you'll see in so many other reviews. If you work hard and perform well, you will be rewarded. The culture is fun, and the fast-paced environment keeps everything exciting and anything but mundane.
Management has been a pleasure to work with. It's rare to find a company that shares it's goals, victories, and struggles in the way that the exec team at Signpost does. It's refreshing to know that they are on our side, and aren't afraid to tackle challenges head on.
Pros
Happy hours, transparent executive motives, free breakfast on Tuesdays, collaborative environment.
Cons
Wide variety of motivation in other employees
Ping pong tables
Sales Development Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 24, 2016
It was like going into high school each day with a back pack hanger and ping pong table to play games while working. No one focused on their jobs inside the team I was assigned to and the company culture was racist.
Pros
do not work here
Cons
do not work here
Great company and culture!
N/A (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 19, 2016
Signpost offers a great product that every small local business owner needs. If you're having a bad day, management is there to support and guide you. Everyone loves everyone here! Hardest part of the job is staying consistent. If you're money hungry and want to sell a product that actually works and helps business owners this is a great place to make some money!
Pros
Hardly anyone micro-manages you! That's a +
Cons
none really.
Great Company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 10, 2016
Great company atmosphere, loved everyone I worked with.The company is evolving so there is a lot of opportunity. Not a clear path to advancement, though. Everyone there is great.
Pros
People
Cons
Cold calling

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Signpost. Our community is ready to answer.