Signtronix.com Employee Reviews

productive
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAOctober 8, 2016
A typical day includes me designing layouts for signs that were requested by our salesman. I would also check my emails to see if customers had any edits. I would get approvals and give them to order entry.
The worst decision of my life
Marketing and Sales (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAAugust 16, 2016
They brought me in as a full time employee then put me as a 1099. When I thought it was over, my hours were cut, this all happen in a period of just a month. Management does not understand that today companies must use modern technology and modern marketing strategies not door to door stone age strategies..
A lot of travel fun job for a little while
Senior Sign Dealer (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 25, 2016
It was a good fun job for a while lots of travel good pay. You are in total control over your day you determine what you do how you work and were you work. Hardest part of the job is the constant travel. Most enjoyable part of the job is the freedom it gives you.
Rewarding, Fun and Lucrative Career
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, AlAugust 16, 2015
Signtronix is a company where you can truly earn what you are worth. Unlike other large companies, the upper management and people at the factory really care about and try to help the managers and dealers in the field.
Not only can a person earn a tremendous living and enjoy the freedom of self employment while working with a large company, but we actually help businesses grow with our products.
Knowing that you are helping people while making a nice living is priceless.
Pros
Freedom, Family atmosphere, money
Cons
You need to be self motivated
The toughest job I ever loved
Dealer/Designer (Current Employee) –  PhiladelphiaAugust 15, 2015
Signtronix has been the toughest job I ever loved. Yes, it is a cold-call sell and most people think a great product will sell itself. What they don't realize is that there is a discipline, attitude, behavior and willingness that is needed to complement the product line. NO SMALL BUSINESS OWNER thinks about spending thousands of dollars on a cold-calling, sign salesperson when they get up that morning. Using the extensive training tools and willingness to learn, this company can change your life! It will also change the lives of the prospects that become believers in what this product line will do for their business and image....and there it is...turning skeptics into believers. I believed I have that ability. Signtronix has been doing it for over a half of century! I have been using their proven sales technique with my own personality and the results are financially rewarding.
Pros
Set your own schedule
Cons
no benefit package
Rewarding Career Helping the small business industry!!
Showcase Location Coordinator (Current Employee) –  KentuckyAugust 13, 2015
Signtronix is simply a very enjoyable company to represent, they have the best support group for anyone who wants to learn and grow with a significant salary. Yes, their are challenges but the numbers don't lie. Bottom line, helping a mom and pop business to overcome corporate America is priceless. They are getting product superior to any other sign company and we are rated A+ with the BBB to back that up. The Naysayers have simply not worked hard enough or with their trainers long enough. Winners never quit and quitters never win!!
Pros
Work your own schedule!!
Cons
Rain!
The most fascinating and exciting position I've ever held.
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville FlAugust 13, 2015
At almost three years with the company, I've generated more income for myself than I ever have doing anything else... Almost all of my customers have received a tremendous return on their investment in our products...I've recently begun training new dealers for Signtronix and have found our sales positions to provide great opportunities for self motivated individuals looking to help independent businesses grow...
Pros
Freedom, A priceless education in self-management
Cons
Must be willing and able to do between 20+30 presentations a week
Hard Work but really rewarding career with for the last 14 years
District sales manager - promoted in 2005 (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MissouriAugust 13, 2015
* A typical day: Working in the field anywhere in USA as we don't have territories which is nice about 10 to 12 hours flexible schedule can take time off for family and go back to work as long as you manager your commission well as it is a straight commission 1099 business so you can work really hard and then play hard.

* What you learned: a lot about closing skills and cold calling and professional work as they are masters at teaching this and have been doing it for 50 years really helpful if I ever needed to sell other professional products they taught me a lot....As well as many other great things I have learned to many to mention.

* Management: is good ...but you must be able to self motivate yourself or you should not take this business on. Must be able to manage self as you are an independent contractor not W-2

* Co-Workers: always have had fun with many of them around the country a very family oriented business, love the yearly meetings and trips.

* The hardest part of the job: can't do just a few hours here and there when you go to work must put the work in 5 to 8 presentation a day or will not make money at it..9 to 12 hours a day.

* Most enjoyable part of job: the customers that tell you the amazing amount of increase in business they got from the product you sold and the reward from that is priceless because the products you sell actually does work like company says it will and many products and services out there do not work like they say and are not unique in the market they sell in as with this company there products are the best and unique compared
  more... to any other product line being sold in there industry.  less
Pros
flexible time management ability, no ceiling on amount of commission you can earn 30, 000 a year 300, 000
Cons
no health care options, long hours to create income but many jobs have long hours in commission sales
Cold calling
Marketing and sales of outdoor lighted signs (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 18, 2015
This job is pure cold calling. The only way to make any money is to sale a sign. Most customers are not ready to spend $5000.00 on a sign.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Cold calling
Great
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAApril 3, 2015
Great and positive place to come and work
Good people and mgmt
Busy and enjoyable
continuous improvement and proactive culture
10k for a sign..?
outside sales (Former Employee) –  wolf rdDecember 22, 2014
Real simple..if you dont walk away from a presentation thinking. ..they want 10k for a sign when I could buy a hi def tv and get someone to creat graphics for the signage with in the sign...then u have problems. .

I interviewed w them..it was well put together, but like prior comments to me, it didnt sit well w my gut feeling. .

Plus, drive around Albany or anywhere within 100 miles...

I havent seen not one of their signs...anywhere..
Maybe its because business owners in this rediculously taxed state can barley keep the lights on..

My opinion from experiance...stay far away.
Pros
none..you get to hang out w a guy that looks like uncle harry w the shag suit on
Cons
you figure it out
Horrible
Sr. Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CASeptember 9, 2014
If you have a shred of dignity, don't work here. Predatory sales practices, backwards thinking and other horrors await you.
Relaxed environment
Leasing (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAJune 12, 2014
Learned about legal documents. Typical day includes answering phone calls and providing customer service in every situation
absolutely awful
outside sales (Former Employee) –  atlanta, gaMarch 14, 2014
Thank God I had the skills to go somewhere else. The manager of the location in Atlanta was an old guy that was nice, but was still living in the year 1942. Very old sales presentations. I quit when I was told we were going to load up in a van together (all sales people) and drive over into Alabama and start working strip malls door to door.(You mean to tell me that we are in Atlanta and there is no business here?) When you walk into a business, you basically force the business owner to listen to your presentation. Very intrusive. For example the pitch was to walk into the business, ask for the owner, then tell him you have something that is new and exciting and will make his business a lot of money. then you say you will be right back. You then walk to your car and grab this big led light display and plastic sign. You do all of this without the owner's o.k. or even asking if you are interrupting something. I think this is very rude and unprofessional. This job may be o.k. for some kid out of college for the summer, but not a real sales professional. For the ones who say it's great, they are one step below the profession of used car salesman.(No offense to car salesman) Very sleazy. A real sales organization will have an appointment set, not just jumping out of a van and forcing your way in. I have always been successful in sales and made sales by driving myself where I needed to go, not riding in the back of a freaking van. You might as well sell cable t.v. door to door. At least then you would get a base salary for your effort and not have to travel 200 miles away to do it.
Pros
You don't have to have any dignity, confidence or experience
Cons
treated like a child. Riding with your parents in a van going where they want you to go

Comment – March 24, 2014

We are the premier sign company in America. We have over 500,000 customers nationwide. All of our products are sold directly to the Independent business owner. We work on direct calls, referrals and web leads. Our dealers are all commission sales people and do not depend on a salary or draw against commission. We have no territorial boundaries. Dealers can travel anywhere in the U.S. or stay at home and work, it’s up to them.

Commission sales people are usually very confident about their sales abilities. They realize that they are really in business for themselves. They know that their success or failure depends on their own attitudes and work ethics.

We realize that a Signtronix career doesn’t work out for certain people. We wish those people good skills and success in their next venture.

The existing 150 independent sales people at Signtronix have developed a great lifestyle. They all know that ‘If it is to be, it’s up to me’. Our family of dealers is very proud of their products and their company.

Productive/ fun and exciting
ACCT. SALES REP. (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 6, 2013
This company was excellentin most all area,s/
It was a very demanding position which required a lot time and effort/
Management very helpful always willing to go extra mile and always learning thru sales training and seminars/
The hardest part of work was being on the road 6 -7 days a week
It was always enjoyable
Pros
EXCELLENT COMPENSATION
Cons
NO HEALTH BENEFITS/ LONG HOURS/ EXCESSIVE TRAVEL
Pyramid type scheme with straight commission - BEWARE
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  NCJuly 31, 2013
No protected territories, every level above makes money off of you, sales pitch is worse than stereo-typed "used car salesman", no reimbursed expenses, all cold-calling. Every positive review is from a current employee that is either a manager or making money off of others and not representative of the actual truth or facts. Word to the wise, don't waste your time with this company!
Pros
Can't think of a single one!
Cons
Every part of this organization!
50+ years in business and going strong
Sales Support (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAMay 8, 2013
I've been with Signtronix for over 10 years now and can say it's been a great experience. They really promote the family atmosphere of the company and help others a great deal.

I just saw the "review" given by the person who gave Signtronix one star and said the reviews were given by owners of the company. Well, I guess that could be true considering we are an ESOP company - so ALL employees are owners. Everyone gets a stake in the company in the form of stock if you're an employee.

For our independent sales representatives we also have a NESOP program that is unique. You can also receive these benefits as well.

Signtronix has been in business for over 50 years and absolutely wants to see every one of their customers succeed with our products. The great thing is that our signs are simply awesome and have made a difference in the lives of many small business owners across the country over the years. For that I'm very proud of this company and what we do.

productive work place
Graphic Designer/Printer operator/Mold Maker (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAMay 6, 2013
fast paced, usually worked multiple departments in a day. good hours. I learned a lot about CAD and working with new equipment
All of the positive reviews on this business are written by signtronix owners!
Sales (Former Employee) –  Anywhere and EverywhereApril 30, 2013
There are many lawsuits filed against this company from unethical business practices to outright scams. Google search this company and get the true story. This is a commission only job working for an unsrucpulous company. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!
Pros
non
Cons
everything
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 22, 2013
Great Place to work. Fantastic training and limitless opportunity.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Signtronix.com. Our community is ready to answer.