Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation

Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation Employee Reviews

Unpredictable place to work
Trade Compliance Analyst (Current Employee), CTJune 13, 2015
Pros: The starting salary is good
Cons: The merit increases are poor and there is no stability in the company
Sikorsky is not a stable place to work right now. There is too much turmoil within the company. I would not recommend leaving your job to come work for Sikorsky right now
Good benefits, bad culture
Project Manager (Current Employee), Stratford, CTMay 28, 2015
The company provides decent benefits but stand out with their exceptional employee scholar program under UTC. Very old style culture and hard to move up unless you know somebody.
Naval Hawk Integrated Logistics Support
Material Supply Support Manager MH-60R/S (Current Employee), Stratford, CTMarch 7, 2015
A typical day at work consists of me logging in to my laptop and seeing if there are any emails pertaining to the customer requiring an expedited delivery of a part that they cannot get through their own supply system. From there I check our system to see if we have the part in stock. If we do have it, I get permission to use money from our contractual budget and ship it to the customer immediately. If the part is not in stock, I contact the designated buyer for that part and they coordinate with our supplier on the price and time that it will take for us to get the part. If the part is not too expensive and we can get it immediately I get permission to purchase and send it to the customer immediately. I also create purchase requisitions for contractually designated maintenance and services. Monthly I receive and enter invoices for the work that is performed under their respective contracts. I track the flight hours for the MH-60R and MH-60S helicopters as reported from the customer. I also generate customer service notifications for engineering changes and instructions to the customer.
N/A
Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee), Stratford, CTMarch 2, 2015
Sikorsky is a great place to work. They provide a good environment for learning and perfecting your craft. Helicopters
Rotorcraft industry leader
Senior Engineer, Mechanical & Airframe Design (Current Employee), Stratford, CTMarch 2, 2015
Sikorsky sits at the top of the global rotorcraft industry. From the impressive legacy of the Blackhawk helicopter to the new X2 technology aircarft, Sikorsky has the finest engineers out there. Challenging work, excellent pay, modern offices and an ever-improving managment/operations system, means this is a great place to work
Fun place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee), Stratford, CTMarch 1, 2015
This company offers great benefits. Unionized work force is what slows overall production due to senior management trying not to anger them.
Productive and Fun
Internship (Former Employee), Shelton, CTFebruary 14, 2015
Very fun place to work. Each day offered something new and different. Coworkers and management were great. I learned a great deal from the short amount of time I was here.
Excellent opportunities if you work hard. Not a great work/life balance.
International Military Program Manager (Former Employee), Stratford, CTDecember 11, 2014
I was able to travel all over the world, however, I also traveled a lot in CONUS to oversee manufacturing. There is a lot of pride in the product and the level of quality is very high. Co-workers were there for each other. Hardest part of the job - no work/life balance. Most enjoyable part of the job - seeing the customer delighted with the product.
Disorganized
Assembler (Former Employee), Horseheads, NYNovember 17, 2014
Poor wages, very disorganized. Many of the employees were very lazy and management did not enforce any disciplinary actions.
fulfilling work place
Electrical/braiding specialist (Former Employee), Stratford, CTNovember 11, 2014
Sikorsky is a great company to work for. It offers great benefits, a stable work environment and competent and friendly supervisors/managers.
Project Engineering
Project Engineer (Former Employee), Stratford.CtAugust 12, 2014
Pros: working with international customers
Cons: working with international customers
Normal days were 9 to 12 hours.

Learned to coordinate engineering team effort toward the common goal of finishing design projects within allotted schedule and funding.

Managed a engineering design team on assorted international helicopter programs.

Co-workers were dedicated and hardworking trying to meet a common goal for delivery of the aircraft.

Keeping customer design expansion to a minimum and within the budget and scope of the original contract.

Working with international customers and learning how to effectively work within cultural differences.
Best Place to Work!
Administrator for Development Flight Center (Former Employee), Jupitr, FLAugust 1, 2014
Management is amazing, work location is amazing, you get to watch the production of many helicopters that are being assembled for military or trauma hawks. By far my favorite job ever!!
Great People Struggling with Economic and Managerial Challenges
Earned Value Analyst (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALJuly 28, 2014
Pros: great people who really care about the customer
Cons: long hours, low pay, and low morale
Very stressful environment with extrememly low morale. Several layoffs over the past two years have resulted in overwork for the remaining employees. Frequent restructuring of management has also resulted in uncertainty and inefficiency. Compared to other defense contractors I've worked for, Sikorsky doesn't compare well as a company.
Great learning experience
Technical/Customer Support Representative (Former Employee), Horseheads, N.Y.July 10, 2014
Pros: excellent place to learn all aircraft and engine systems.
Cons: poor pay and benifits.
Repaired, modified and maintained a number of corporate jets. Strong team work environment.
Great co-workers. Management micro-managed a little too much.
Industrial Engineer (Former Employee), Shelton, CTJune 3, 2014
I learned how to work in a professional environment while in college, and it carried over when I got the job offer fresh out of college. I decided to focus on school because I realized I can better utilize my natural gifts in a more business oriented setting, and am now 3 classes away from obtaining my MBA with a concentration in finance.
Productive quality focused work environment.
Talent Acquisition Coordinator (Former Employee), Stratford, CTMay 27, 2014
Result Focused
Ethical Standards
Project Management
Co-workers are helpful and friendly
Organizational Hierarchy
Fun productive place
Analyst, Purchasing - Blade Product Center (Current Employee), Stratford, CTApril 28, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job was when the helicopters were done with final assy. and ready to send to the government.
opportunities to advance but take initiatives
SENIOR SYSTEMS ENGINEER (Current Employee), Stratford, CTApril 4, 2014
overall good place- with lack of real management guidance and directions.
Interesting Challenges.
Information Assurance Manager (Former Employee), Stratford, CTApril 3, 2014
Pros: located off campus, so less congested area.
Cons: long commute
The facility was located off campus, so much of the problems associated with working at the main plant were non existent.
Project manager Presidential fleet
Logistics Project Manager (Former Employee), Stratford, CTMarch 28, 2014
Pros: performance is recognized by management
Cons: long hours and lots of travel
High profile organization supporting the Presidential helicopter fleet.

1 2 3