Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation

Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation Employer Reviews

Best Place to Work!
Administrator for Development Flight Center (Former Employee), Jupitr, FLAugust 1, 2014
Management is amazing, work location is amazing, you get to watch the production of many helicopters that are being assembled for military or trauma hawks. By far my favorite job ever!!
Great People Struggling with Economic and Managerial Challenges
Earned Value Analyst (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALJuly 28, 2014
Pros: great people who really care about the customer
Cons: long hours, low pay, and low morale
Very stressful environment with extrememly low morale. Several layoffs over the past two years have resulted in overwork for the remaining employees. Frequent restructuring of management has also resulted in uncertainty and inefficiency. Compared to other defense contractors I've worked for, Sikorsky doesn't compare well as a company.
Great learning experience
Technical/Customer Support Representative (Former Employee), Horseheads, N.Y.July 10, 2014
Pros: excellent place to learn all aircraft and engine systems.
Cons: poor pay and benifits.
Repaired, modified and maintained a number of corporate jets. Strong team work environment.
Great co-workers. Management micro-managed a little too much.
Industrial Engineer (Former Employee), Shelton, CTJune 3, 2014
I learned how to work in a professional environment while in college, and it carried over when I got the job offer fresh out of college. I decided to focus on school because I realized I can better utilize my natural gifts in a more business oriented setting, and am now 3 classes away from obtaining my MBA with a concentration in finance.
Productive quality focused work environment.
Talent Acquisition Coordinator (Former Employee), Stratford, CTMay 27, 2014
Result Focused
Ethical Standards
Project Management
Co-workers are helpful and friendly
Organizational Hierarchy
Fun productive place
Analyst, Purchasing - Blade Product Center (Current Employee), Stratford, CTApril 28, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job was when the helicopters were done with final assy. and ready to send to the government.
opportunities to advance but take initiatives
SENIOR SYSTEMS ENGINEER (Current Employee), Stratford, CTApril 4, 2014
overall good place- with lack of real management guidance and directions.
Interesting Challenges.
Information Assurance Manager (Former Employee), Stratford, CTApril 3, 2014
Pros: located off campus, so less congested area.
Cons: long commute
The facility was located off campus, so much of the problems associated with working at the main plant were non existent.
Project manager Presidential fleet
Logistics Project Manager (Former Employee), Stratford, CTMarch 28, 2014
Pros: performance is recognized by management
Cons: long hours and lots of travel
High profile organization supporting the Presidential helicopter fleet.
Awesome learned so much
Client Manager/ACE Certification Trainer (TPS) (Former Employee), Stratford, CTMarch 27, 2014
Anyone who has the opportunity to work here will learn so much and should you leave, the next company you arrive at you will notice your skillset will have increased 10 fold. Culture a little hard to navigate at first but once settled in its a great place to work and grow. Challenging and sense of pride knowing that the product you are providing saves – more... peoples lives and protects our freedoms – less
Root cause corrective action for manufacturing issues
Manufacturing Engineering Intern (Former Employee), Bridgeport, CTMarch 21, 2014
• Aided in investigation and corrective action involving manufacturing issues for the
UH-60M Blackhawk aircraft as well as the HH-60M Medevac
Very focused, busy, and wear many hats
Senior Buyer (Current Employee), Troy, AlMarch 17, 2014
Pros: good pay, good benefits.
Cons: under staffed. union shop.
Good place to work with great benefits. A very modern way of procurement activities, supplier portal. E-source RFQ, bid control, historic data and all metrics at your fingertips.
Military Aircraft Production, Repair and Overhaul of BlackHawk Helicopters
Aftermarket Project Lead / Sr. Engineer (Current Employee), Shelton, CTMarch 15, 2014
Pros: great product, visibility, career advancement, military, education benefits
Cons: n/a
Great company to work for, reliable and maintainable military and civilian product.
Dynamic Corporation.
Agreement Management Support Specialist I (Current Employee), Stratford, CTJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: dynamic environment.
Cons: working on contract basis-no benefits.
Create spreadsheets for record-keeping purposes.
Process Agreement applications in EASE sortware for government approval.
Facilitate video-conferences and teleconferences.
There is never a dull moment..
S-92/S-76D Logistic Support Engineer/SQR (Current Employee), Stratford, CTDecember 9, 2013
Great place to work! It provides lots of opportunities within all engineering disciplines. However, lacks opportunities for advancement in the management area.
Great Company
Senior Air Safety Investigator (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLDecember 8, 2013
World's Finest Safe Helicopters Great Engineers and Aircraft Techs
Great company, little lateral movement
Environmental Test Engineer (Current Employee), Stratford, CTNovember 1, 2013
Pros: benefits, flexible managers
Cons: job security, lateral movement
They strive to achieve lean manufacturing principles, are generous with benefits, although management needs a little help. It is very difficult to move internally to what I want to do, so I am looking outside.
Avionic (Intern) test engineer (Former Employee), Stratford, CTOctober 20, 2013
I worked at Sikorsky only as an intern, but I had a great time and learned a lot from my peers. The pay was good for someone just starting out in the engineering field.
I had some really smart individuals that I worked with who would lend me an ear whenever I had a question about a project that I was tasked with.
A typical day would involve maybe a – more... meeting about current projects or issues. Review customer requests for changes in an order or issue concerning a current order.
I enjoyed working at Sikorsky for the six months that I did. It got me immersed in a large manufacturing firm that builds high tech helicopters that are known all over the world. – less
Interesting test systems and equipment
Staff Engineer (Former Employee), Stratford, CTJuly 8, 2013
Pros: good pay for the region
Cons: overtime, except for entry-level positions, isn't paid or compensated for.
Good people to work with. Being aerospace, they're headed for operation as a just-in-time workforce. But the work, while it's there, is enjoyable.
I am very fortunate to have had the opportunity to be a part of this company for the years that I was there before the lay-offs.
Quality Engineer/Product and Process Engineer (Former Employee), Stratford, CTJuly 7, 2013
Pros: working in a stable environment
Cons: i like any kind of work.
As I said by the time I had reached my 25th year I was grossing over $82,000 per year. I am NOT looking for that type of money right now. I would love to have the opportunity to add value to your company by excelling in all the areas deemed necessary.