Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation Employee Reviews

Poor workplace for contract employees
Customer Service and Logistics (Current Employee) –  Trumbull, CTOctober 25, 2017
Low visibility to leadership team, poor management, stressful, no benefits. Contractors treated like second class citizens and are basically forced to do everyone's busy work.
my experience at derco aerospace
INVENTORY SPECIALIST ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 16, 2017
At Sikorsky Aircraft would be like just like any other day that you will go to a normal job What I learned there was as a inventory Clerk there are you have to stay focused Management was very professional and polite . The hardest part was just getting to learn different names of some of the parts. The most enjoyable part of that job was getting along with all my co-workers
Pros
nice place to work
Cons
nothing bad to say
Sheet Metal Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Troy, ALOctober 12, 2017
Diversity, fast paced friendly competitive environment, competitive advancements, good pay, paid vacation paid holidays, health care, dental, vision, 401k, life insurance, stock investments, clean and safe work environment
Pros
Short breaks, etc
Cons
Health care, etc
Composite Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Beeville, TXSeptember 27, 2017
Fun exciting easy laid-back job very productive. Experience. Love the benefits and the pay. Something I have always loved to do was to work on helicopters. I would like to even ride in one. You know it's very interesting just to see them take off. As you can see I enjoy my time working there. I can go on and on about this job.
Ok to start at
Deputy Lead Test Engineer - CH-53K Drive Systems (Current Employee) –  Stratford, CTAugust 14, 2017
Either you are doing nothing and are bored (in some engineering departments) or it is non-stop stress and chaos with poor management, poor pay, and slow advancement.
Pros
Friendly people, challenging work
Cons
Poor pay and benefits, poor job advancement, very fast paced and stressful, poor managemnt
Potential to be great
Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Trumbull, CTJuly 26, 2017
Lot's of experienced individuals and history and top of the field for helicopter design and development. Very bureaucratic like most other aerospace contractors.
Management could use a shakeup
Senior System Safety Engineer (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 27, 2017
Great place if you love Six Sigma training and incessant diversity sessions. Very Senior Management in Stratford, Connecticut operates in a vacuum of nepotism when it comes to hiring interns: Very difficult to get on if you're not a senior staffer's relative or child. Company spends too much time hiring people based on ethnicity as opposed ability to do the job. Then, they spend an inordinate amount of time having to create a paper trail documenting the failures of the failed-hire to prep for termination and the remaining staff has to pick up the slack.
Pros
Awesome product
Cons
Slow and stodgy management
Productive facilities with excellent management
Medical Intern (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CTMay 19, 2017
Truly a pleasure to work for the company. Management was excellent and all of the employees were satisfied with compensation and working conditions. Would recommend
Pros
Excellent compensation
it's a good places to work,I'm more of a out doors person
Aircraft Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Troy, ALMay 12, 2017
It's a enjoyable job,u learn different things all the time.the shift hours are good,the people are easy to get along with,they're very helpful.They pay good it's every week.
Pros
the hours
Cons
have to clock out for lunch
pay scale is good. But working environment not that good
Senior Staff Engineer (Current Employee) –  Startford, CTApril 1, 2017
The co pay scale is not bad, but professional working environment needs to improved. too much micromanagement.........................................
The 'dream' job with a cost.
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Horseheads, NYFebruary 15, 2017
Working at Sikorsky was what every child dreams of when they want to be an engineer. Working on cutting edge technology on products you see in the movies. The work is engaging, the managers were more or less all great. The projects are hands on.

However, the pay and benefits did not fit my expectations for the amount of education I invested in.
nice while it lasted
Quality Leadsperson (Former Employee) –  Horseheads, NYFebruary 3, 2017
was a good place to work at before they closed the doors. there were opportunities to make good money, insurance was good. management was not the greatest
typical work day
Commercial Program Design Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Trumbull, CTJanuary 25, 2017
flex hours, but must be working from 9-3

big difference in atmosphere/environment between shop workers (hourly) and office (salary)
very good place to work.
Aircraft Mechanic/Crew Chief on the Presidential (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CTJanuary 23, 2017
good place to work and lean new skills that you can take with you anywaere and the job is very good to. The hours are good there to and the pay is really good.
Exciting place to work
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ctDecember 13, 2016
Great people and exciting place to work. Long hours and lots of weekends. The product is great and lots to learn every day. You need to be flexible at all times.
Pros
Good money
unhealthy environment
supply chain (Current Employee) –  stratfordSeptember 15, 2016
overall operation is based on :net of old pals who are not willing to accept changes, unhealthy political environment and poor management, lack of transparency and unprecedented egos
Pros
Cons
see above
Extremely interesting work where you can show your creativity
Chemist/Chemical Processing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CTSeptember 7, 2016
Worked at SikorskyAircraft in the Materials and Process Engineering Group for almost nineteen years and an additional two years as a contractor. I think it is a great place to work.
Not a great place to work.
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CTSeptember 1, 2016
Very difficult place to work due to a bad corporate culture in the managements and HRs area. By removing very good managers, some managers and supervisors are given positions based on how politically and friendly support whoever promise them positions rather than based on their performance and achievement. Upper managements are so weak to monitor what is going in lower level managers. HR are close to some managements and they are poor in addressing employees' issue and fail to encourage managers to be accountable. As a result, I observed when government projects were terribly mismanaged due to substantially lack of knowledge in newly appointed mangers and supervisors and they get away with it by blaming employees.
Pros
Employees scholar
Cons
Very poor management
A great company to work for
Auto clave operator (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJuly 15, 2016
I worked with Sikorsky Aircraft for a short time but i was very happy there when i was working. I left to join the Post office to continue my government after i got out off the military. Management and co worker were great to work with .
Pros
Good company and good benefits.
Cons
no complaints .
I loved my job!
A&P Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Coatesville, PAJune 24, 2016
First off, I loved my job there. If it weren't for the cold winters and geographical separation from my family, then I would have stayed as long as I could. The product being built was unsurpassed and management was easy to work for. The pay was slightly lower than I expected, but usually there was overtime available. Advancement opportunities were there for people that took initiative. Aside from the unfortunate downturn in the economy which affected aircraft sales, the job was secure. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the final product being delivered to the customer and knowing that I played a part in making it better than any other aircraft in the sky.