Sikorsky Financial Credit Union Employee Reviews

It's ok
Vice President, Risk Management (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CTAugust 16, 2017
Not a really great place for advancement or growth. Management is not proactive and likes to keep the culture like it has been for 60 years. No employee appreciation or praise from management.
Pros
Kind co-workers
Cons
It's all about the bottom line
family like atmosphere
Sr. Teller (Former Employee) –  Seymour, CTJanuary 17, 2016
I loved working for Sikorsky Credit Union, it was a family like atmosphere, even the customers were like family. A typical day starts at 8:45 and typically runs to 5:30. I learned a lot about customer service and how to be attentive to customers needs. Management is always there to help guide you when needed.
Pros
hour lunches
Cons
thursdays are long days
Up and Coming
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Stratford, CTDecember 14, 2015
The company is a little behind the times with technology, but will ultimately be a strong financial institution in the state of CT. Benefits are very good, salary is a little bit lower than position average. Work life balance is very good.
Pros
Employee events, good benefits
Cons
Lower pay, behind the times.
Great Internship
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CTMarch 4, 2015
This was my first job in a business culture. Great people to work with. Lively atmosphere for a dull banking job. Overall a great experience and I hope they continue the Internship process with others
Fast paced (office specific) work flow, convenient location
Teller (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTJune 11, 2012
I worked in a very busy branch. Being consistently busy allowed for efficiency in field to develop. I learned a lot about banking with a credit union. Management was friendly and welcomed suggestions. Co-workers were fun to work with, and long term relationships developed. The hardest part of the job is the customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was that the co-workers made for a fun day.
Pros
fun office, kept busy, easy to find
Cons
customers, management didn't follow through with complaints