Sikorsky

Sikorsky Employer Reviews

Invaluable & informative Work Experience
Assoc. EHS Generalist-Water Program (Former Employee), Stratford, CTDecember 8, 2014
Pros: networking
Cons: no cons, everything was a learning expereince.
Reported to the enterprise Enviornmental Compliance Manager, as well as interaction with VPs. I sucuessfully maintained the world class compliance established by those who procceded me. My personal growth outside of the office cannot be understated as well.
Good place to start off
Corporate Fitness Center Manager (Current Employee), Stratford, CTNovember 21, 2014
Sikorsky is a nice company to gain experience. Sikorsky also allows one to improve on networking skills. There is room for growth in all different fields. The employee population is relatively nice to work with and you will notice it is very diverse. Salary and Hourly employees differ in a lot of ways.
blah
Flight Test Aircraft Manager & ACE Associate (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLNovember 18, 2014
Pros: lots of unnecessary butt kissing
Cons: idiotic management
corporate conjunctivitis. lazy union people getting paid way too much to do too little and complaining the entire time
Great company to work for
Hydraulic Installer Checkout / Spar Fabricator (Former Employee), Stratford, CTOctober 19, 2014
Sikorsky was a great place to work. Positive management and work environment. There was a lot of opportunities to learn new things and expand on my current skills.
great
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee), Stratford, CTOctober 16, 2014
I enjoyed working here. I made good money and worked on big parts . Everything was interesting to work on.
great place to work as an intern
Internship -Dynamics System Design engineer (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLOctober 15, 2014
got to work on some cool projects. Something new to learn everyday.
Poor management and union interaction
Government Owned Aircraft Inventory Facilitator (Former Employee), Horseheads, NYOctober 6, 2014
Always busy.
Management and union reps left a lot to be desired.
Exciting
Mechanical Engineer (Ground Test Engineer) (Former Employee), Stratford, CTSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: never bored
I fly RC helicopters so for me watching Black Hawk helicopters flying over head is exhilarating to say the least!

Professional work atmosphere, modern offices, management and co-workers professional and courteous at all times.
The chance to travel to other plants.
Sr. Airframe Mechanic (Former Employee), Bridgeport, CTSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: the pay
Cons: job security and the protection for workers
I would constantly work with a small team building the same part of the aircraft. Management were more concerned to have their area in charge were kept with low to no deficiencies. I basically grew my ability to blueprint reading and using other fine and precision tools.
Productive and fun place to work.
Instrumentation Specialist (Former Employee), Stuart, FL then to Perkasie, PASeptember 14, 2014
Pros: family like type of work. very close nit group of people to work with and paid pto
Cons: away from home, working nights with limited use of office.-working off hours of regular day schedule.
Reviewed schematics/blue prints and squawks. Created wire harnesses, ran wires from test equipment to strain gauges, accelerometers, and other test equipment. Worked with Engineers and helped re-route input parameters to satisfy test conformity. My co-workers and management staff were all friendly and accepted my input to keep them straight/on task. – more... The hardest part of my job was working nights, the drive back to the hotel was very, very dark. The most enjoyable part was being accepted as a valued contributor and working with people who not only admired my job skills, but respected me and working with previous employee who really talked me up. – less
MANUFACTURING FABRICATOR
Fabricator (Former Employee), Stratford, CTSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: great hours
Cons: no cons
A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
WORKED ALONGSIDE WONDERFUL PEOPLE.
I KNEW MY JOB AND WAS WILLING TO HELP OTHERS IN THE SAME FIELD IF THEY NEED HELP.
Good stable environment
Warehouse / Driver (Former Employee), Coatesville, PAAugust 27, 2014
Good people to work around and just absolute good environment and great workplace
Excelent Benefits
Senior Electrical Installer (Current Employee), Stratford, CTAugust 19, 2014
Excellent benefits and an awesome experience builder. My favorite part of the job is, knowing that we were assisting our troops, and watching something you had hand in building fly!
Not a Good place
helicopter mechanic (Former Employee), Daggett Barstow CaliforniaJuly 30, 2014
Pros: schools
Cons: bad management
I Got hire last year as a helicopter mechanic . My first day off work they had change our managers . Second day of work I star find out that most of the employees were not experience at all as they enforced on their requirements. I got harassment buy the manager few times and to top it off I found out he was not a certified helicopter mechanic . So – more... I got injured at home really bad my doctor put me out off work for a week then company calls me I'm fire because I fail my drug test so I got a attorney and before I got to file for court they call me that it was all a mistake . I really have a bad experience with this people idk how a big company like this can have a contract with a federal agency . Guess who takes decision on aircraft to fly or not a manager that don't even has a idea how to track and balance . All he did was fly in the military . I feel bad for the people that they are flying these aircraft . They should have a manager that he certified mechanic not a pilot that runs maintenance department. – less
2nd shift Paint shop mgr. and lead are clueless.
aircraft painter (Former Employee), Coatesville, Pa.July 8, 2014
Pros: i am not working there no more...
Cons: poor product knowledge & leadership.
The paint mgr. (2nd shift) just happens to be married to the 1st shift Supervisor's sister. He didn't know what a paper machine was for the painting process, With no product knowledge Sikorsky allows these people to run the show. Most everyone in the paint shop is looking for a way out. Ps. Most employees are contractors only a hand full of direct employees.
Wonderful place to work.
Training Information and Learning Analyst (Former Employee), Jupiter, FLJuly 8, 2014
I enjoyed my time at Sikorsky. A great place to work, nice people.
Very Fast Paced Office Environment, Great People to work with, Always working with employees to better themselves, bi-yearly employee reviews
Sr.Customer Service Rep/Materials Planner/Analyst (Former Employee), Stratford, CTJuly 2, 2014
Pros: great folks to work with and socialize with on a occassion!
Cons: women still get paid less than there male counterparts.
Sikorsky is a globally positioned company. They look inward to promote before going outside. Every Employee is offered 100% re-imbursed Education with a passing grade. You can take part in all of the company sponsored seminars even if they don't pertain to your arena. They have a great Employee Medical Plan, with Personal Time off if deemed necessary. – more... They have a wonderful up to date medical facility. In my instance, I enjoyed the work I did so it made it a very pleasant environment. Management always acknowledged their employees. I would still be working there today but decided to marry after 26 years of work and relocate to the west coast of Florida. Unfortunately Sikorsky is actually on the East Coast, but too long a compute for me. – less
A meat grinder.
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee), Stratford, CTJune 23, 2014
I spent 3 years doing software work and eventually was laid off.
A blessing in the end. A strange place for sure, too many dinosaurs, well established in bureaucratic jobs that only serve to provide road blocks for simple processes.
The main plant in Stratford, CT, as far as parking goes borders on frustration and hilarity. Guards primarily serve as – more... parking attendants with guns, dedicated to towing cars of the "lower class" who park in the upper parking lot. That is, when you can find a parking spot.
Save yourself the aggravation and apply elsewhere. – less
Loved the concept of the company
IN HR (Former Employee), Coatesville, PAJune 13, 2014
Pros: nice cafeteria
Cons: my boss
I worked in a specific department that was lead by poor management. I was a contractor and treated horribly. I was there for almost a year and never felt like part of the team. I found a better opportunity at the time, gave 3 weeks notice and trained my replacement not a thank you or anything the day I left.

I was in an administrative department, other – more... hiring managers seemed great! – less
technology company w/ large engineering community
Material Analyst, SCM (Current Employee), Stratford, CTJune 12, 2014
-most days 8-5
-direct managers are usually pretty relatable
-co-workers are pleasant
-higher level managers are not seen often

1 2 3 4 5

About Sikorsky

Russian-born helicopter pioneer Igor Sikorsky is long dead, but helicopters bearing his name still soar the skies. A┬ásubsidiary – Read more