Sikorsky

Sikorsky Employer Reviews

Offensive language
Documentation Analyst (Former Employee), Shelton, CTDecember 8, 2013
Co-workers use offensive language and stereotypical remarks
busy
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee), Stratford, CTNovember 28, 2013
Union Workforce. New hires did all the work. Older union employees did a lot of sitting around. This was about 20 years ago, things might have changed by now.
Greatest job ever
Assembler Mechanic (Former Employee), Stratford, CTNovember 26, 2013
Pros: money is great
Cons: job security
I could not have worked at a greater place. Every job comes with it's challenges but if I had it to do all over I would work there again.
Secretary/ Senior Word Processor
Senior Word Processor (Former Employee), Stratford, CTNovember 12, 2013
Pros: the opportunity for advancement
Cons: parking.
Had great bosses and coworkers, made a lot of great friends there. Always going to training classes to learn new software programs. Typed multi-million dollar proposals for various military. Had a top secret security clearance and typed security documents in a secured room. I can say there was never a day when I would wake up and say I didn't want to – more... go to work, I loved my job and seeing the final results of our hard work. – less
Flexable work eviroment,excellent salary and benefits.
Senior Mechanic As a flight technician (Current Employee), Stratford, CTNovember 4, 2013
Pros: in house fitness center, tooling provided, employee assistance program.
Cons: 1/2hr lunch, not utilizing my full potential.
Busy days are good, all around good work environment, helpful employees and supervision.
ok place
Structural Mechanic (Former Employee), Rock Hill, SCNovember 4, 2013
was a contractor so I can't comment on how they treated theior employees.
Millwright/Riggers/Crane Services (Current Employee), Stratford, CTNovember 3, 2013
Always on the go, performing various tasks, never in one place, job is enjoyable and company has a great benefits package.
sikorsky summary
Sandblaster and Painter of blackhawks and seahawks (Former Employee), Horseheads, NYOctober 29, 2013
Pros: i got to learn somethen new everyday, prep and paint unmanned air vehicles and see hoe seahawks fly
Cons: they closed there doors wasnt good. 550 of us lost our jobs. it was hard
I loved working with a team of coworkers the management was wonderful. I worked there for 9 years before the plant closed there doors. painting blackhawks was a challenge but now im ready for a new career with you. thank you for your time
Expediting
Expediter (Former Employee), Stratford, CTOctober 21, 2013
Managed the master expeditor log to create pick release tickets, update and schedule order shipments.
Meet sales goals each month.
Worked closely with the vendors to ensure orders were expedited to the
UK plant or Houston warehouse in a timely manner.
Entered and retrieved all data from automated information systems.
Ensured all inbound and outbound – more... shipments were compliance with company policy. – less
State of the art hanger and snap-on toolboxes
Aircraft Electrician/ Installer (Former Employee), Coatsville, PAOctober 21, 2013
- Work day started at 0530-0630 work day meeting, P.C. concerns, inform leads about work delays. Time line on when MOD's would be completed.
- I learn the S-92 and the MOD's that the V.I.P aircraft have installed on them.
- I was a contractor as well as most of my co-workers we out numbered the directs.
- Hardest part of the job following the tech data – more... and having them tell
me that the tech data in the computer is wrong.
- Enjoyable part working on a new aircraft and working alot of overtime. – less
Nice Place
Aircraft Mechanic/Electrician (Current Employee), Owego, NYOctober 20, 2013
Good work environment to work in, they take care of their people.
verty good place to work
Electrical WIRE INSTALLER (Current Employee), West Palm Beach, FLOctober 18, 2013
Pros: very good pay
my co-workers are great people fun to work with
management is good
the work place is safe environment
Complete extensive sheet metal production and fabrication.
Aircraft Sheet Metal Mechanic (Former Employee), Troy, ALOctober 17, 2013
The 7 years at Sikorsky I learned new tasks weekly. There is always a situation or problem to arise that needed to be solved. I was the lead-man of my crew which I enjoyed. I liked helping my coworkers by answering the questions that they had. The most stressful part was not receiving the proper parts on time to finish the job at hand.
Legendary company. Proud to have been associated with the Sikorsky name.
Navy Programs Training Manager (Former Employee), Stratford, CTOctober 16, 2013
Worked in the Training Department for 13 years and enjoyed every moment. Traveled around the world conducting training for customers of both Blackhawk and Seahawk helicopters. Would highly recommend employment at Sikorsky.
excellent job
Business Systems Development (BSD) (Former Employee), Stratford, CTOctober 9, 2013
always on the go, staying busy, learned new software programs, nice co-workers and management
Ethics seems to be an issue
NA (Former Employee), WoodlandOctober 7, 2013
Pros: interesting projects
Cons: ethics
Interesting place to work but company ethics only apply when is suits them. Employment contracts have little value.

Basically good people to work with at Sikorsky but not impressed with upper management.
great job
Senior Composite Worker A (Current Employee), Bridgeport, CTOctober 7, 2013
Sikorsky is great place to work, with great pay and exciting work. The most difficult part of the job is the different areas and different parts you need to work on.
SOLID COMPANY, SAME OLD CORPORATE BS
Chief Buyer (Former Employee), Stratford, CTSeptember 26, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: advancement
Enjoyed working at Sikorsky for over 22 years. Compensation is decent and benefits are great, especially for education. Only regret is that the company will hang you out to dry if it suits them.
Sikorsky
Manufacturing Supervisor (Former Employee), Troy, ALSeptember 24, 2013
Pros: a great learning opportunity
Cons: union shop
This was my first time ever working in a Union shop. I feel that unions are no longer needed. There are so many laws and regulations companies have to abide by that the use for unions are not needed. I feel unions promote laziness and protect employees you can not perform. There was ethical conflicts between upper management and union officials.
Great place to start a career.
Blade Inspection/Intern (Former Employee), Stratford, CTAugust 29, 2013
Sikorsky Aircraft a leader in aircraft technology and production. Great place to begin a career, great benifits, great managment, good locations. Overall great place to work.

About Sikorsky

Russian-born helicopter pioneer Igor Sikorsky is long dead, but helicopters bearing his name still soar the skies. A┬ásubsidiary – Read more