Sikorsky Employee Reviews in United States

job that pays the bills
Material Analyst (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTOctober 1, 2015
Job pays the bills and good place to put on your resume but no advancement, managers no available at all times, no raises and the workforce always fighting with each other to look good for advancement.
Pros
job to pay bills and good to use the company name for resume
Cons
pay, advancement, leadership, employees.
Occupational Health
Medical Intern (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CTSeptember 18, 2015
Productive and efficient occupational health clinic. Offers preventative health, on-site urgent care, and primary care needs. Co-workers are friendly and work well as a team.
S 76 completions mechanic
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Coatesville, PASeptember 16, 2015
This was a very hard company to work for,short breaks with a small cafeteria that had to many people to feed,also we as contractors had to park in a satellite parking area and be bused to the job ,,working with their QA department was very difficult.
Pros
no real pros here
Cons
no job security
Great potential
fabrication tech (Former Employee) –  coatesville, paSeptember 9, 2015
Great potential, poor execution
most things about this company are great however the execution of ideas and processes leave something to be desired.
A good training ground
Instrumentation Engineer (Current Employee) –  FloridaAugust 30, 2015
In my experience Sikorsky Aircraft has lately become a training ground for straight out of college engineers. They come, we train them, they leave.
Nice place to work, but SE Department...
Sr. Systems Engineer/Architect (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CTAugust 25, 2015
Sikorsky was a nice place to work; a lot of good folks there. The entire SE Group is arrogant and dysfunctional, but the manager is very good. What really stood out to me was how little concern was given to the Air Force / Customer / Product and how much concern with their own careers; it prompted me to say in a meeting "Doesn't the SE group even care?" NO feedback accepted by SE; that part was frustrating as the leads were from Sales and other areas outside SE, did not listen, and thought they 'knew it all'. The other groups I interacted with were all very good and conscientious.

Overall, I would recommend working for Sikorsky, with the caveat that the SE group is bizarre. Please Note: This opinion is based on my experience and is only an opinion from someone in the industry for over 30 years (not my first rodeo).
Pros
Good work and people
Cons
SE Group
If you aren't a relative of another staff member don't waste your time
junior purchasor (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CTAugust 17, 2015
They had me sit through training for 3 months for a six month position with an other women for the same position who's cousin was in charge of the project. after the three months they let me go but she continued to work for them.
Pros
Very intriguing work.
Cons
Very bios.
Great, fun, and challenging
Sr. Reliability Engineer Contract Consultant (Current Employee) –  Stratford, CTAugust 11, 2015
True professionalism and intellectual systems engineering Team and excellent to work with. Looked forward to going to work each morning. Loved the OT as well.
Outstanding Aviation company with a long history of success
Aircraft Manager (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FlAugust 4, 2015
Pros: Great company lots of work, mostly prior service memebers work in my department so its nice to have the camaraderie that we had in the service. Like every place theres the usual politics but nothing major. I really like the amount of safety they have for thier personal and aircraft.
Pros
Great atmosphere lot of prior service memebers
Cons
Work is sometimes hard to balance with family
Great Company
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Stratford, CTJuly 28, 2015
Very good company to work for and gain a ton of experience at one of the biggest helicopter companies in the world. This is a large company and is in the process of getting sold.
Pros
401k, Pay for taking classes.
Cons
Not very much room for growth. OK Salary. Job stability. Very expensive area.
Great workers, can't trust supervisors. hateful,
interior tech. (Current Employee) –  coatesville, PaJuly 13, 2015
Started in 2006 when it was still Keystone. best place I ever worked .It was still good to work there after Sikorsky took over. but didn't last long . Manager and H/R work hand and hand, leaving employees with no where to turn with problems, forcing people to leave went you didn't do what they wanted. Like going against others. Very unethical
Pros
Great workers
Cons
no where to turn with problems
Hostile environment
Flight Controls System Engineer (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CTJune 30, 2015
Managers used profanity very often which made for a hostile atmosphere. I will never work for this company again. Pay was also mediocre.
Constantly changing management
Lead Avionics Tech/Helicopter Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Coatesville, PAJune 22, 2015
The management is always changing and so is the company. They pay us fairly well for the ease of work that we do. The benefits are ok, and the communication stinks
Pros
Good pay
Cons
The tides are always changing
Management is driving the program into the ground.
Avionics Lead – S76D Completions (Current Employee) –  Thorndale, PAJune 20, 2015
looking for other opportunities. The product is starting to slip and it is all management driven. We are trying to build aircraft we are proud of and the company isn't letting us do it.
My Sikorsky Experience
Avionics Engineer (Former Employee) –  Horseheads, NYJune 15, 2015
Hired by Sikorsky for what appeared to be one of my best opportunities ever. 12 month contract as an avionics engineer. Facility happened to be the completion center at Horseheads NY. I was impressed by all of the people I worked with. It was full of hardworking individuals. A week after I started the word was given that it was to close in three months. It took the life and spirit away from the whole staff there. Including myself. I was given a break to stay on until the last week. I gained a lot of knowledge thanks to that (and my manager) so there were rewards despite the outcome. If ever given a second chance I would definitely work for the company again.
Pros
Great job, very invigorating
Cons
Bad break on the plant closing
great place to work
Aircraft Assembler (Former Employee) –  Horseheads, NYJune 15, 2015
best job I have ever had it was more like a hobby going to work every day , almost every day it was something new and exciteing to work on or do .
Good place to work.
International Marketing Program (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CTMay 26, 2015
My time sent in the organization was worth while. Learned a lot about the business, was encouraged to be proactive and participate. Very good company to work for.
Logistics
Logistics Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Owego, NYMay 19, 2015
A typical day at work starts out with a morning meeting that revolves around the maintenance, parts requirements, and schedule of the day for the aircraft we are currently in possession of. This is completed by a joint contract with another group. I will then balance multiple budgets required by our contractual agreements, acquire tooling by the means of purchase orders or borrow from other sites, order parts, chemical (Hazardous Material), and any other support equipment requirements for the daily tasks at hand. Monitor daily usage of parts stock, and create trends in usage spreadsheets. Complete daily inspections of prior issues whether they are chemicals, consumables, or aircraft parts. Maintain a constant view of calibrated equipment as well as cure dated chemical material for stock availability and waste stream management. The hardest part of my day is finding time to sit down and read through my emails for any other site-specific tasks that will require my support or expertise. These requirements can be as simple as shipping parts/supplies via carriers systems or maintaining a carrier spreadsheet with monthly or yearly cost and tracking information for price analysis for deliberation. They may also include conversations with subject matter experts in regards to chemical waste streams and state specific laws and chemical requirements upon the facility in which we work at.
Interesting place to work if you are a hired employee
Material Control (Current Employee) –  Coatesville, PAMay 19, 2015
I worked for Sikorsky for 2 years as a temp and they couldn't see their way to hire me as a full time employee.
I learned allot about helicopter parts, SAP and how helicopters are made.
There doesn't seem to a whole lot of logic or common sense in this companies management.
Most of my coworkers were really good to work with.
The hardest part of the job was watching the aircraft being built and knowing I have the skills to do allot of the work but not being allowed to do it.
Worth it!
part sorter (Former Employee) –  Troy, ALMay 16, 2015
Even though this was a temp job, I enjoyed the atmosphere, people, and the work. May one day I will get on full time.
It is a safe secure place to work.
benefits