Silicon Graphics

Silicon Graphics Employer Reviews

Smart people, cool HPC products, interesting customers.
Senior Services Product Manager (Former Employee), Fremont, CAApril 10, 2014
SGI is a great place to work. It's small enough in size that you can make an impact daily, there's plenty of work to do, and I enjoyed working with a lot of very smart people.
NICE PLACE TO WORK
SR Buyer/Planner at SGI (Former Employee), Milpitas, CAMarch 13, 2014
nice place to work, obviously sine I was employed there for 27 yrs.
Relaxed workplace with supportive supervisors
Mechanical Intern (Former Employee), Longmont, COJanuary 8, 2014
Performed mechanical design using CAD interfaces. Learned to coordinate with other mechanical engineers to work as a team while integrating assemblies simultaneously.
Passion to Excel, High level of expertise, Seriously Fun place to work
Alliances Senior Manager (Current Employee), Paris - FranceMarch 24, 2013
New misions and challenges every 3/4 years
Learn new profesionnals skills and increase knowledge permanently
Strong Team way to work (Local, Europe, WW)
Mutual respect inside and outside the Co.
Cross fertilization with Eco-system
Great place if you aren't laid off.
ENGINEER (Former Employee), Chippewa Falls, WIMarch 14, 2013
Pros: people, atmosphere, and office overlooking deer, turkeys, and other wildlife.
Cons: financially distressed until they become long term profitable.
Many layoffs due to company financial stuggles.
People are great to work with but it does get edgy when layoff rumors loom.
SGI culture is unique has been ahead of it's time in many ways. They enable maximum productivity by allowing flexibility of work hours and location.
Global Travel Manager (Former Employee), VirtualOctober 13, 2012
Pros: flexibility, working virtually, and hard-working employees. i was able to save money on gas and clothing by working remotely.
Cons: company's performance, limited cash flow, lack of salary increases for 10 years
As a remote worker, the most difficult part of the job was not working all my waking hours. A typical day involved reviewing travel reports, phone meetings with management, travelers and service providers to work through issues or concerns, providing guidance on best practices, constant communication with travelers to keep their knowledge current, presentations – more... on travel cost analysis, advising of savings opportunities, reviewing travel supplier proposals, preferred supplier management, contract negotiations, managing policy exceptions and maintaining close contact with the dedicated travel agency team directly or through my account manager. I used positive reinforcement to drive policy compliance and if necessary, direct and focused correction given for routine failure to comply. Sucessful execution of various travel projects simultaneously, such as online booking tools, travel card, contract negotiations, policy updates, group meetings/tradeshows, event planning and preferred provider selection on a global level.

I had weekly management meetings set to advise of ongoing project status, and contacted in between to advise if necessary. Co-workers were always responsive and respectful and there was a reciprical information resource sharing among us.

I thrived on knowing that I was responsible for the comfort, safety, ease of booking reservations and expense management of the travelers. They depended on me and I was available to them 24/7 as a resource or for authorization whenever they needed it. – less
Fun place to work, relaxed enviroment, attending offsite meetings, travel
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Silver Spring, MDSeptember 12, 2012
Pros: at times worked late into the night
Cons: always treated with respect
Booking orders, quoting customers, training employees. Learning to work with different computer systems. Management always took care of their employees. I loved working with this company and was a valued employee. After 17 layoffs if finally became my turn.
fun place to work for.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Mountain View, CASeptember 6, 2012
A very innovative place to work for. Organization very employee oriented.
Productive and healthy work environment with free gym
Engineering Technician (Former Employee), CHIPPEWA FALLSJuly 27, 2012
Pros: each facility has gym free at any time. year-round air conditioning.
Cons: ups and downs of the production, air conditioning is sometimes very cold
a typical day at work: testing and repairing servers in a noisy environment.
what I learned: more linux.
management: good nothing extraordinary.
your co-workers: they work hard and are nice people.
the hardest part of the job: no hardest parts with the right tools.
the most enjoyable part of the job: complete a job successfully.
SGI
Senior Financial Analyst -NSD (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAJune 4, 2012
Great place to work. Flexibility and accountability are what makes it a rewarding experience to work for SGI.
It was the ultimate job. Great perks.
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), 1600 Amphitheater Pkwy, Mountain View, Ca.May 11, 2012
Pros: on occasion were had free lunches and parties.
Cons: there were no cons, it was great. i felt so lucky to be there.
An average day at Silicon Graphics was fun and exciting. Great co-workers and management. The most enjoyable and the hardest part of the day were one in the same. I was busy the whole day every day and the challenges were many. Overcoming challenges drives me.
Good place to work.
EMC Design Engineer (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAApril 11, 2012
Good work environment. Flexible long work hours. Lots of food and lots of drinks. Good beer busts. Good friendly people and lots of projects.
Loved working at SGI
Project Engineering Manager (USA) (Former Employee), San Jose, CAApril 28, 2014
A typical day at work was very busy and involving. I learned a lot as I had the opportunity to work with many great engineers who taught me a lot. SGI was growing very fast at the time and I had the opportunity to go through two promotions in less than a year and a half. Management were always encouraging and providing very clear guidance. I managed – more... a staff of 32people and was eventually transferred from the Silicon Valley to Canada working for Celestica in 1999. I got along great with my co-workers and. The hardest was when I finally had to say good bye to my staff, co-workers, managers and moved to Canada as I had accepted the transfer. I enjoyed the most, all of the various projects, technologies and the international exposure I had – less
avis personnel
Marketing System Specialist (Former Employee), CHMay 7, 2014
Marketing
Benchmark
Architecture design
Innovation pour des nouvelles infrastructure graphioques
Ambiente sano y tranquilo
GESTOR LABORAL (Former Employee), Barrancabermeja, SANApril 26, 2014
Pros: solo afiliaciĆ³n de eps, afp, arl y parafiscales
Cons: jornada continua
Buena empresa, es como el segundo hogar, puntual en su pago
y muy responsable en la seguridad del personal que labora en su empresa