Silicon Image Employee Reviews in United States

Good beginning for me
Informatica Developer (Former Employee) –  IndianaJune 1, 2016
Fantastic organization from an innovation, product catalog, solution vision and product execution perspective. Is beginning to change the sales culture from one that is more tactical to one that is more strategic in nature.
Very friendly environment
Sr. Software QA Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMarch 29, 2016
We all know that half of our life we spend at work. So it is very important to have nice and friendly environment at work place as all of us need happy life. So, Silicon Image was that lovely place to work. Business success always depends on working environment!!! If employees happy, then employer will happy with the efficient productivity in business.
Pros
Friday's entertainments, all hands meetings with awards
Cons
long working hours, "any time vacation" (which was not true)
not special
Hardware Associate Engineer (Former Employee) –  1140 E Arques Ave, Sunnyvale, CA 94085December 29, 2015
study and research and design and test
trial error is a lot
It is my major study so interesting to me
I have to visit my parents in my home country so I could not continue it.
I have beed in this company for more then 18 years. Very much I feel company like home
R&D Lab Manager and PCB Layout (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAAugust 14, 2015
Depend on the project we work. Some time we was very busy.
I learn a lot of signal integrity and power layout from signal integrity engineer. I don't think top management are good. That is the reason I lost my job. My co-worker are fine. The hardest part of the job is time constrain. The most enjoyable part of the job is when the company was small. We all knew each other and we treat each other like a family member
Productive and a fun Company
Quality & Reliability (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMay 25, 2015
Silicon Image was a great and fun place to work. Great team work and job culture. Everyone play hard and work hard and gave there 110% effort to support the success of the company.
Great work culture, helpful collegues
Customer Satisfaction Intern (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAFebruary 25, 2015
I worked as an intern for 6 months.
The manager was very helpful and provided with all the documents and technical help possible.
Work and Life Balance place of work.
Human Resources Coordinator Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 7, 2014
Multi tasking and busy day. Productive days. Worked as a team and cooperative co-workers.
good work culture, but inefficient management
Senior Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJune 18, 2013
Typical day starts at 9ish until you are tired, until you feel your productivity is not on par with you as you want it to be.

Your merit carries a lot of your weight, however your expression can carry you further, if you are not good at public speaking, you should think twice to join SI.

Management is little inefficient here, could be improved. You would not see your boss for two weeks, however he has the authority to have your review every year.

Your boss should trust you that you would not fumble, especially after 6 years of track record which should speak something about your work ethics and your work style.

When your project is working as you have planned it, with less worry about the "he said -she said".
Pros
a few exciting projects
Cons
too much bureaucracy

Silicon Image Reviews by Location