ESSENTIAL TASKS & DUTIES:
Perform inspections and verifications of rackmount servers throughout all phases of production: assembly, optimization of hardware configurations, MAC address labeling, BIOS and firmware checks, component testing, software installation, and packaging. Assist in developing new quality control processes and procedures. Reports and Coordinates priorities with the Quality Control Lead.
- Responsible for the inspection of the company's manufactured products.
- Ensure products meet order specifications and established quality control requirements.
- Inspect all products for damage or errors.
- Prepares reports of progress and problems for management.
- Implement corrective measures.
- All other duties as needed or required by the company.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Proven knowledge and experience in a quality control function.
- Exceptional time management, communications, decision-making, presentation, and organization skills.
- Must be highly detail-oriented
- A working knowledge of Excel and accurate data entry required.
- At least a year of experience building or repairing computer workstations or servers
- Basic familiarity with Linux
Education Minimum Requirements/Equivalent:
- High School Diploma or GED required, AA or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment desired.
WORKING CONDITIONS: General office environment and manufacturing environment. Considerable stress may occur. Must be able to meet tight deadlines for multiple work orders.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: This position requires occasional sitting with frequent standing, walking, stooping, and kneeling. There is occasional lifting of servers and computers weighing up to 70 lbs. Good vision and hearing is sufficient.
DOE. Excellent benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, flexible spending plan.
ABOUT SILICON MECHANICS:
SILICON MECHANICS is a leading manufacturer of rackmount servers, storage, and high-performance computing clusters with one of the most comprehensive product offerings available. We work collaboratively with customers to create best-fit solutions at competitive prices. Our products are supported by the best warranty offerings available, and are backed by a team of Sales and Service Engineers dedicated to service and solutions excellence.
Please visit www.siliconmechanics.com for more information. You can also find us on Facebook
www.facebook.com/SiliconMechanics and Twitter http://twitter.com/#!/ExpertIncluded.
Silicon Mechanics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.