Silicon Valley Bank

Silicon Valley Bank Employer Reviews

Fast paced and fun work environment
SENIOR ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Broomfield, COJune 7, 2014
There's a ping pong table that get's a lot of use. Our clients are changing the world and keeping us busy.
Great Culture and Value Proposition
Vice President (Former Employee), USAJanuary 28, 2014
Cool bank. Business Development, Client Relationships, Venture and Innovation Finance
Overall good place to work
Operations Specialist (Current Employee), Santa Clara, CADecember 26, 2013
Pros: overall treats employees well. good benefits and pto.
Cons: cost cutting and new office in tempe. not much room for advancement.
Company is doing well and overall treats employees well. However, trying to save money and grow at the same time leads to lower morale among the long time employees.
Outdated systems and products for a "technology" bank.
SVB gave me an impecable experience with sales and customer service
Client Service Advisor II (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CAJuly 1, 2013
A typical day at work would be scheduling appointments, answering emails from clients from problems with accounts, research, to training them with the services that they have as well as opening and closing new accounts. The best part of the job is when I receive commendations for a job well done from clients. The hardest part of the job is to make sure – more... all is pleased with your work. – less
Productive and Fun Work Culture
-Great people
-Busy Deal Flow
Great Culture
Relationship Manager (Former Employee), Newton, MAJune 14, 2013
Pros: exposure, people
Great place to work. lots of room for advancement. exposure to numerous areas of business.
Strong cultural and market reputation
Director, Colorado Accelerator (Current Employee), Boulder, COMay 22, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: participating in regulated industry with a lot of process
At SVB, your day will be spent dedicated to your clients and colleagues. Silicon Valley Bank is focused on the success of its clients in the high technology and life sciences industries. As an employee, your efforts will be split between client support, underwriting and market development.
Productive workplace
Manager, Product Management (Current Employee), Santa Clara, CAApril 23, 2013
Pros: expressing new ideas communicated to sr. management
Flexible work day,
Direct communication with different areas of the bank,
Access to management and ability to express innovative ideas
Collaborative co-workers
The hardest part of the job was to explain business needs to IT group
Share product road map with Sales
Good team work
UAT Consultant/QA Analyst (Former Employee), Silicon Valley, CAFebruary 26, 2013
Ok to work for
Assistant (Former Employee), Silicon ValleyDecember 30, 2012
Pros: good benefits
Cons: mistakes are not ok
Overall very click-ish. Great values but you must have the correct team behind you. If you want work-life balance, look for something else.
Ok to work.
Principal Oracle Database Administrator (Current Employee), Santa Clara, CANovember 23, 2012
Co-workers were good.
Work life balance environment.
Fun to work with Offshore team.
Well organized department.
Research Analyst (Former Employee), Silicon Valley, CAOctober 31, 2012
Pros: employee appreciation
Very good organization but was time to move on to a more challenging task (s)
Fast paced, fun culture and enviornment, strong values, great benefits, great place to work
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Santa Clara, CAAugust 16, 2012
Pros: free fitness gym, cafeteria, coffee cart with starbucks coffee.
Cons: n/a
A regular work day is about as hectic as the next. Very fast paced, deadlines to meet on a weekly or monthly basis, team oriented, but most of all a great company to work for.

I have learned quite a lot in my 9 years employed at Silicon Valley Bank. I have been able to mature into the individual I am today, after modeling myself based on cultures and – more... values that SVB shares day in and day out. I have learned to be a succesful leader without using a title to define who I am as an individual. I have been a supervisor for over 6 years and been able to manage a team of 6 successfully based each of their own different personalities and not as a standard. Things that I would have done 9 years ago would not be as great as a positive as they are with the knowledge and growth that I have since being employed with SVB.

Silicon Valley Bank as a whole, has a great team of Managers and employees. If there was a hard part of my current role it would be the transitions of department re-structures that the bank faces every so often. Whether the change be good, bad or flatline, I have been able to manage my individual responsibilities as well as my direct reports. But to say the least, the most enjoyable time I have working at SVB is working with my team. Because we share the same goal as a sport team would. We want to be dedicated to the job, to one another and all the while to be successful. – less
Internal disputes limit opportunities for success
Process Development and Documentation (Former Employee), Silicon Valley, CAJune 26, 2012
I was happy to work at SVB as a consultant because they were in need of my skills and knowledge. Navigating the management ultimately limited my effectiveness due to internal disagreements.
A Great Place to work
Business Implementation Manager II (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAJune 19, 2012
Silicon Valley Bank is great place to work. The bank is growing and has a direction for excellence. One of the things that I most admired about Silicon Valley Bank is the culture. The bank ensures that their employees work for an institution where employees feel valued, part of the overall success of the company, and provides opportunities for individual – more... success and team/global achievement.

Management is very supportive and co-works have a team-oriented drive. I never woke up in the morning feeling the burden of having to go to work. Employees have fun and are able to express their creativity.

The bank offers outstanding compensation and benefits. – less
Management and co-workers were a wonderful group of people
Sr. Processor/Quality Control (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAMay 22, 2012
Cons: commute and they re-organized this department.
The Private Banking Dept. was set up for a special group of customers. Sensitive customer service always needed. Processing consumer loans was a new item for me to learn.

About Silicon Valley Bank

SVB Financial Group is the holding company for¬†Silicon Valley Bank, which¬†serves emerging and established companies involved in – Read more