Silicon Valley Bank Employee Reviews

good
Lead Java Developer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 14, 2017
good working environment and good work life balance. using very old technologies.
work will be assigned on daily basis. work will be allocated on the onshore and offshore model.
overall great company
Administrative Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Sarta ClaraAugust 3, 2017
I've been here too long i guess time for me to explore other opportunities . always strike to be better and on top of what we do for our clients. great company.
Positive work culture
COMPLIANCE CONSULTANT (CONTRACT) (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJuly 26, 2017
Excellent management that encourages employees to grow. All business units have positive culture which makes the working relationships enriching for ones emotional strength.
Great Place to Work
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJuly 18, 2017
This was a great stepping stone for my career. My manager at the time offered great opportunities. The best part of the job was my manager. She was fair, trustworthy and informative.
Business Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJuly 6, 2017
fun and good. good opportunity. good internship. good people. good environment. place best. good food. fun people. supervisor. learning good. location best
Pros
fun
Cons
fun
I would have rated less than 1 star if possible
EDD Analyst, Financial Intelligence Unit (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJune 27, 2017
Very interesting client base, negative corporate culture.
Profit oriented culture with all strings attached: obsession with metrics, a certain type of conduct generated by the wrong type of incentives. Highly political.
Pros
Name recognition as a major employer in Silicon Valley
Cons
Everything else
Great place to work for with focus on new technologies
Senior Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMay 10, 2017
Nice place to just come into work knowing that management has a structure in place where my team, including myself can utilize the resources required to get a great job done at the end of each day.
Pros
commute is awesome and the team works well as a cohesive unit
Cons
somewhat impersonal
A positive outlier in the banking industry
Managing Director (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COApril 29, 2017
At SVB, one finds themselves at the forefront of the innovation economy. You will work with incredibly bright and hard working founders/management teams and their investors, and often find your self 'in the know' about interesting companies years before the mainstream public.

The culture is very focused on #givefirst, externally, and supporting ones direct and horizontal colleagues internally.
Pros
Work life balance, supportive environment for career progression for those with geographic flexability.
Cons
Banking regulatory restrictions, salary
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAApril 26, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Silicon Valley Bank. I job was as an inbound representative that assisted our clients with their technical issues. The site was a great place to be and my co-workers were great.
Pros
Very beautiful campus
Cons
Was a 1 year temp job
Great Company, Great Benefits
Cyber Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 25, 2017
Silicon Valley Bank is a great company to work for. The benefits are excellent as are the advancement opportunities. An excellent company for which to work.
Pros
Great benefits and salary. Co-workers and management are also excellent.
Cons
Age old problem really...a lot of work, not a lot of workers. Executive problem really.
Consultant
Process Analyst, Consultant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 3, 2017
I was only there for 9 months as a contractor/consultant.
Not a bad place to work. People were very nice but as a contractor, you're pretty much an outsider.
Exciting, Interesting work in banking
Portfolio Manager/Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAMarch 31, 2017
Great culture with good management. Interesting and fast-paced work underwriting loan proposals and renewals for exciting high tech, biotech early stage companies. I was really impressed with the company's management sticking with their lending philosophy/strategy, which enabled the company to survive and flourish during and after the Internet bubble bust in the early 2000s when other high tech lenders suffered.
Pros
Fast-paced and interesting work, great culture and management
very bad management
Quality Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 25, 2017
This organization is doing really good and employees have really good benefits however management is not skilled enough to drive new product development and always fails at planning any tasks. Thus, all developers end up working extra hours every day.
Thinking of contracting? Don't
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMarch 21, 2017
I don't know which departments the other posters have worked in, I can talk about mine.

Contractors are substandard citizens. Your director will not respond to a good morning from you.

No micro-management? Not true.

Compensation - for contractors, depends on what the recruitment sharks leave for you.

Hardest part of the job - getting the basics of your work done in the 10-12 hours available to you in a day. Keeping technology monsters happy, they rule everything.

I'm looking for an out. If offered an FTE role (there's been feelers), I still might not take it up
Great place to work overall
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COMarch 20, 2017
Benefits and compensation were excellent. It is a very young bank with good, driven people. Expectations are high.
Work/life balance is a challenge - there is a strong emphasis to cut costs and do more with less. Company also struggling to preserve its culture while growing.
Great Company
Senior Vice President (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 16, 2017
Great Company. However, the company is quickly growing up into a big bank with a changing culture. I very much enjoyed working there, but am happy to be moving on.
Family oriented workplace with great people
Operations Specialist - Global Loan Services (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 2, 2017
Perfect work environment. You really feel part of the team with what you do. The day to day functions are different everyday. You will encounter different challenges that make you think & make decisions. The challenges SVB brings the best out of you & management acknowledges your accomplishments. Management here at SVB is by far one of the best I have had. An open door policy is what SVB truly stands behind & fully allows employees of all positions to feel welcomed. The most enjoyable part of working for SVB is the ability to be yourself. I can't really express how that truly makes you feel to be able to walk into work everyday and not have to worry about stepping on egg shells. Any company with this type of workplace will undoubtedly be a great place to work & I have been fortunate to be part of this team.
Pros
Work Environment.... Benefits....
Cons
Advancement....
Good Company lacks integrity in some Leaders
Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 26, 2017
Overall a good company. I would have to say some leaders need to be considered to be better trained for their roles. The lack of integrity in upper leadership.
Pros
Lack of Security Controls - too many short cuts in processes.
Cons
Great environment to work in.
Great Company with Excellent Perks
Administrative Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZDecember 12, 2016
I loved working for this company, and enjoyed the people I worked with, which made it really nice to come to work. I really had great leadership and management who appreciated me for the support I provided them. Unfortunately, it was an undue situation where the department I worked for did not have budget to hire me on full time. But overall, really enjoyed working here.
Pros
Free Covered Parking Garage, Great Work/Life Balance
Cons
Wasn't honest with me about budget
Friendly work environment and good pay
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 7, 2016
Very little micro-managing, lots of freedom, really smart and helpful employees. Lot of work to be done and not enough people to help get the job done.
Pros
Snacks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Silicon Valley Bank. Our community is ready to answer.