Silicon Valley Bank Employee Reviews

Great leadership and work life balance
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAFebruary 19, 2016
Progressive company that recognizes talent and provides opportunity for growth and career advancement.

Realistic about goals and always providing support in order to attain goals. Truly believe in the human factor and fosters a great environment in order to succeed as long as you as an individuals believe in team growth and put aside ego.
Good company to work for.
Data Scientist Intern (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 8, 2016
Worked here as an intern, work life balance is good. Employees are managed by third party pay roll agency which is not good. They delayed my on boarding by 30 days.
Cant rememeber
Relationship Advisor II (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 5, 2016
Doubled company’s profits through innovative marketing practices designed to recruit real estate agents, and created business strategy to expand our firm’s client base. Maintained our brokerage budget spreadsheets as necessary. Actively maintained staff calendar
A Great Place to work
Business Implementation Manager II (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJune 19, 2012
Silicon Valley Bank is great place to work. The bank is growing and has a direction for excellence. One of the things that I most admired about Silicon Valley Bank is the culture. The bank ensures that their employees work for an institution where employees feel valued, part of the overall success of the company, and provides opportunities for individual success and team/global achievement.

Management is very supportive and co-works have a team-oriented drive. I never woke up in the morning feeling the burden of having to go to work. Employees have fun and are able to express their creativity.

The bank offers outstanding compensation and benefits.
Good Company
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 8, 2016
Great, fun place to work. Great benefit and good pay. My location has several playroom with video games, arcade, pingpong table, pool table, etc
Pros
Many opportunities to socialize
Cons
Constant reorg/changes in policy/procedures
Outstanding workplace
Deposit Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 7, 2016
Silicon Valley Bank has a welcoming environment to those who work and those who are new to banking. This job know's how to treat employees and manage.
Pros
Free Lunches and
Cons
No hiring positions
Senior at Boston College studying Finance.
Structured Finance Intern (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 18, 2016
Experience in structured finance for Silicon Valley Bank,
M&A Research intern for Preston Todd Advisors
Accounting work for Boston College
Overall good place to work
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CADecember 26, 2013
Company is doing well and overall treats employees well. However, trying to save money and grow at the same time leads to lower morale among the long time employees.
Outdated systems and products for a "technology" bank.
Pros
overall treats employees well. good benefits and pto.
Cons
cost cutting and new office in tempe. not much room for advancement.
Productive & fun place
Associate (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 4, 2016
ADP program is great. Work with smart people. Many locations. Many Systems. Not much diversity but def a make next happen now. kind of place.
Pros
free snacks
Cons
not enough free stuff
Strong cultural and market reputation
Director, Colorado Accelerator (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COMay 22, 2013
At SVB, your day will be spent dedicated to your clients and colleagues. Silicon Valley Bank is focused on the success of its clients in the high technology and life sciences industries. As an employee, your efforts will be split between client support, underwriting and market development.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
participating in regulated industry with a lot of process
Productive, cutting-edge, interesting and fun place to work.
Administrative Assistant III, Contractor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 30, 2015
Silicon Valley Bank's mantra is "Make Next Happen Now". We're cutting-edge, competitive with major banks, and we're growing fast. We're all about relationship banking, and we bank much of the tech community in NYC and across the country. Our cool clients and our great employees make my job as Administrative Assistant exciting, enjoyable and a downright pleasure to come to work.
Pros
Great people, awesome company, well-stocked kitchen.
Cons
I'm a contractor.
Ok to work for
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Silicon ValleyDecember 30, 2012
Overall very click-ish. Great values but you must have the correct team behind you. If you want work-life balance, look for something else.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
mistakes are not ok
Fun workplace with arcade and ping pong table
Deposit Operations Advisor I (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 22, 2015
A typical day consists of enrolling the previous day new clients in the our online banking system. Once that is completed we move on to other requests such as close accounts, open new DDA's, Money Markets, Multi Currency Account etc. Also, we assist out internal clients(employees) on how forms should be properly completed as well as various different questions throughout the day. Co-workers were great, we pulled together as a team and tackled our strengths while offer to train in other areas that someone may need extra training on. The hardest part of the job was the work/life balance, we were consistently working overtime due to the volumes submitted and per our agreement with our internal departments requests submitted by a certain time would need to be completed by end of day. As for management they were encouraging of individual growth but there was no room to grow into a management position within the department.
Pros
free month end lunchs
Cons
early mornings and late nights
Contracts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 18, 2014
Ranked 20th best company to work for in US. Bank deserves its ranking.
Pros
benefits, environment, people, amenities
Cons
salary
Productive and Fun Work Culture
Associate (Current Employee) –  Newton, MAJune 19, 2013
-Great experience
-Great Company
-Great people
-Busy Deal Flow
Pros
good benefits
Excellent Company to work for, need to improve on work life balance
Test Specialist (Former Employee) –  Silicon Valley, CAMarch 16, 2015
Excellent Company to work for, but they need to improve on work life balance. Schedule goes real hectic at times, but very good team and very supportive management. Learnt alot here.
Excellent senior management and nurturing corporate culture
Senior Corporate Events Specialist (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJune 21, 2014
SVB has an excellent senior management team that understands the need to include employees at all levels in the success of the company. This is a great place to work for people with families and those wanting to advance their career and sector knowledge.
Great Company; hit or miss departments
Internal Audit Senior Associate II (Current Employee) –  Silicon Valley, CAJuly 14, 2015
Your experience will depend on which department you are in. Some, in addition to being good at what they do, are also fun and seem to have a good dynamic. Others are quite dysfunctional.
Good place to work-in general
Vice President and Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Vice PresidentFebruary 21, 2015
Management is not the best in some groups- but my coworkers are awesome and the pay is good. Fun work environment.

You learn to deal with customers. I love this part. It is business banking primarily.

a typical day starts at 9, there are clients to meet with and underwriting to do.
Good
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Silicon Valley, CAJuly 3, 2015
It's great learning and different experience for multitasking workers. It is a fast paced enviroment and which doesn't get slow until you get off.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Silicon Valley Bank. Our community is ready to answer.