Silpada Designs Employee Reviews in United States

Amazing workplace environment
Returns Processor (Current Employee) –  11550 Renner Blvd,Lenexa,ks 66219June 1, 2016
I have enjoyed working for this great company for the last 11 years. I have worked in different departments in the warehouse. I still work wherever I am needed. The one I belong to now is Returns. I processes all manual and online returns daily. I 'm also send to pack, all the departments are under productivity. We have to reach those numbers daily, we I work very hard in order to achieve my goal. I do work in the fulfillment department, I pick and fulfill small orders. Wherever I am assigned to work I always do my work to reach my goals. Orders have a certain time frame to be fulfilled and shipped so everyone's job is actually very important and I take my part of the job very serious. I like to stay focus in what I'm doing, I don't play around. My job is priority so I do what I have to do to get it done on time and right.
The company
Pros
free lunchs, pies for Thanksgiving, free yoga classes.
Cons
I don't think I can find any cons
An exciting company that provided opportunities for advancement
Multimedia Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSMay 24, 2016
Silpada Designs was an excellent company to work for, as there were opportunities for advancement and the ability to engage directly with all levels of employees and management, from mid-level supervisors to the C-Suite.

For the Marketing and Events team members, the ability to travel for corporate functions and events was provided, which made my time at Silpada thoroughly enjoyable.
Pros
Travel, growth / learning opportunities, fun team members
Cons
Expensive benefits pacakge
Independent Sales Representative
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 18, 2016
A typical day is doing a home party, selling sterling silver jewelry.

I learned how to run my own business and effectively selling a product that I believe in,

Management gives you every tool needed to succeed, including free training and forms.

The hardest part about being a representative is having a full home party schedule.

The most enjoyable part is meeting new people and selling the high quality jewelry on my own schedule.
Pros
Discount and commission of products.
Productive fast paced workplace
Operator Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gardner, KSApril 19, 2016
Shipping and receiving operator, checked and loaded inventory on loading docks, recorded incoming and outgoing inventory and provided training for new employees.
Pros
Company Lunches
Cons
Short lunch breaks and breaks
former employee
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJanuary 27, 2016
The benefits are great with this company and the different events are exciting to work. Management is poor and needs to work on being fair and providing equal advancement opportunities.
Na
SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 20, 2015
Exciting fun young company that sells a fantastic product. The founders were loving and motivation. Loved working with all the other women and traveling to other states.
Exciting and Innovating
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Inglewood, CAAugust 23, 2015
Excellent for self motivated persons. Good source of revenue based on drive. Team leader provides encouragement and tips to advance and be successful.
Less than productive work environmet
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSFebruary 16, 2015
Micro managed in every position. Team was fun to work with but managers want to manage ever single item you work on. My manager had no relative experience in my position but constantly gave poor reviews.
Laid back, worked for myself, worked my own hours
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 12, 2015
• Responsible for finding new clientele
• Responsible for filling and delivering specific orders
• Following up with clients and ensuring customer satisfaction
Fun
Independent Representative (Current Employee) –  Loudon, NHJune 13, 2014
This not a full time career. I have discovered I am not very good at sales.
Pros
freedom to earn what you want.
Cons
need to be good at sales.
Flexible home based business
Independent Silpada Designs Rep (Current Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCJanuary 10, 2014
I have thoroughly enjoyed working as a Silpada
Designs Rep. It has given me the flexibility to be available for school activities for my kids as well as feel some satisfaction in running my own business.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
remote work environment doesn't create connection with co-workers
Exemplier experience managing your own business.
Independent Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PANovember 21, 2013
• Quickly established a well received and desired direct sales business of fine sterling silver jewelry.
• Maintained a strong customer basis, through interpersonal skills, invaluable customer service and consistency.
• Employed planning and strategizing to keep a full calendar, was able to maintain a successful business and steady income.
• Proficient in delivering presentations to customers by identifying key features and benefits of products while building strong relationships with existing as well as new customers.
• Built and managed a team of representatives.
• Success in direct sales requires staying focused, goal setting and self-motivation.
fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Barrington, IL 60010September 6, 2013
The most enjoyabe job for me is dealing with People. Selling high end clothing, home accessories, jewelry etc.
Pros
lunch breaks
Cons
healt care
Great company
Independent Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  North Smithfield, RIAugust 29, 2013
Silpada allowed me to be my own boss and have fun while working!
Overall good company to work for, but HR management issues.
Representative Care Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJuly 11, 2013
Minimal room to advance within the company along with HR management issues hold the company back. Original owners and leadership within management are wonderful to work for and with.
Productive opportunity and room for advancement
Independent Sales rep service (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KsFebruary 3, 2013
Silpada has been one of the better work experiences I've had. There are issues, as there are in any company, but working for this company has been rewarding.

Let me explain a little more. Silpada recognizes it's employees for their strong points. They see what can be utilized to the company's best interests and implement those qualities to further the company. What does this do for me? You ask: What this does for you is create an environment where you can continue to excel in yearly reviews and command the respect of the company through your skills. You may choose to stay where you are and continue to help the company with your knowledge or you may choose to move up to another position and stretch your knowledge to new lengths. Internal promotion is a very BIG deal at Silpada. They recognize that the time they have spent with someone and the work and talent that that someone posses is worth it's weight in gold. More often than not they will hire within if the stock proves worthy.

The downside of the company is the technology. Day in and day out the programs available to the sales staff and the employees within fail to a degree that they shouldn't. I have NEVER worked anywhere where I have had to work around so many errors to complete my job. I can venture to say the sales staff would consider my opinion to be appropriate as well. If the technological mine fields could be smoothed out this would be the perfect company to work for.

Benefits addendum: There isn't a gym, there isn't all the fancy take a trip to here or there for being a top performer of our company. YES that
  more... would be nice, but there IS the respect of not only your coworkers but your management as well when you do your job well. I don't just mean the top performers either. If you're hitting your marks you are truly recognized.

I hope I can stay with this company for some time. There are headaches, yes, but in the end it is one of the best companies I've worked for. It does though come down to wanting to keep you...and if someone wants me more and will pay more for my talent my loyalty will end there.
Pros
satisfying, advancement, opportunity
Cons
the technology the company uses to operate
Enjoyed my Independent Sales Rep position .Made my own hours.
Independent Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSDecember 8, 2012
Scheduling bookings and holding parties and talking about care and information on the products.Learned how to manage sales and returns on the website.Work with my customers.Navigate through the company website.Making happy customers.
Pros
enjoyed making my own hours.
Cons
group speaking is hard for me.
Very fun way to make money! I'm an owner, manager, salesman, recruiter, trainer and marketing associate all in one job.
Owner/Independent Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 6, 2012
There are several ways I make money with Silpada. The first way is hosting a jewelry show at your home and invite your friends and family. You show the guest different ways to wear the jewelry by matching their outfit to some jewelry you have on your display. I show them how to layer the jewelry as well as mixing pieces of Silpada jewelry with the jewelry they already own. The ladies love trying on the jewelry in new and different ways. The best part of my business is I get to give my hostesses free jewelry. Based on their party sales, they get a percentage in free jewelry. Everyone is having fun, the customers as well as myself.
The second way I sell the jewelry is by doing online parties. I send out email invitations, with the catalog attached for them to browse through and pick out what they want.
Third, I sell over the phone. I keep a spread sheet of all my customers, their birthday, their anniversary and other important dates and I call them around that time to offer them a discount or a gift certificate. I also call some of my clients husband and let them know of a special piece of jewelry that she wanted so that he can give her a nice gift she will love.
And last, I purchase/rent a booth at different vendor events so that I can showcase my jewelry. I sell jewelry at these events, book parties as well as recruit new sales reps to join my wonderful team.

Besides selling the jewelry, I also train all of my new recruits. I hold monthly sales meetings, conference calls and weekly training calls. I do all of this to keep my team motivated to work their business, get them excited
  more... about the beautiful jewelry we sell as well as help them reach their goals.  less
Pros
this a rewarding way to make extra money. i help women feel pretty.
Cons
no inurance
Lucrative and fun business opportunity
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  PA, NY, NJ, DE, MDOctober 10, 2012
Being an independent Silpada Designs representative gives you the freedom and flexibility to create balance in your life. Work when you want and where you want. The compensation plan is extremely lucrative and the opportunity to grow is endless. Most importantly the product sells itself with a reputation for high quality sterling silver jewelry that leads the direct selling industry. Besides the flexible and financial aspect, Silpada opens the door to countless new friendships and opportunities to travel all around the world!
Pros
no experience necessary, low cost investment, flexible hours, immediate profit, exceptional training and support system
Cons
must be self motivated and willing to work
Productive fast paced environment
Quality Control Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSAugust 22, 2012
My daily activities could consist from Recieving, Shipping, Picking and Packing, Repairs and Quality Control. I was a jack of all trades at this company and was used wherever needed most. I learned every position within the warehouse and was loved by management and co-workers. I became Quality Control Team Leader and was over all of the inspectors and helped them with any issues they encountered. The hardest part of this job was the language barrier with the spanish speaking employees but was enjoyable because we would teach each other our native languages.
Pros
casual dress code and discounted jewelry
Cons
strictly scheduled breaks