Executive Director Silver Age Yoga Community Outreach
Silver Age Yoga Community Outreach (SAYCO) is a non-profit organization whose mission is to provide health enhancing and life enriching yoga practices to underserved seniors. SAYCO provides yoga classes specifically designed to meet seniors’ health concerns on a weekly basis, at no charge to the seniors. Classes are taught by certified Silver Age Yoga teachers.
The organization is looking for a passionate, energetic person with excellent business and communication skills who has the ability to manage day-to-day operations and has a talent for fund raising. The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors and is responsible for the organization's consistent achievement of its mission, financial objectives and other tasks assigned by the board.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Act as the spokesperson for SAYCO to attract donors and increase its public profile
- Develop new SAYCO programs and program content for the following purposes:
- continuing education for SAYCO teachers
- expansion of the organization’s operations
- Hire and manage SAYCO staff
- Manage and market the on-line Teacher Certification Program
- Coordinate the activities of 25 Silver Age Yoga teachers
- Maintain relationships with the teaching venues (e.g., community centers and public libraries) in order to, among other things, encourage venue support of the organization
- Manage collection of data for research on the benefits of yoga for seniors
- Establish and manage an annual budget.
This is a volunteer position, with the potential for future compensation.