Flight Attendant - Open House 9/27 in Sterling, VA - details below.
* Bring in hand your Passport, Driver License, other ID applicable to I-9 processing for employment – 3 copies of current resume and any FA license (if applicable) *
- Silver Airways Recruitment invites you to interview for our Flight Attendant position.
This is a group presentation with the In-Flight Services Team, followed by interviews and likely to be a whole day event, Transportation is not provided. Applicants need to arrive via their own means.
Flight Attendant Open House to be held in: Sterling, VA to begin promptly at 10 am
Location: Holiday Inn - 45425 Holiday Drive in Sterling, VA 20166
Seating is limited, so confirm attendance, please register at: https://home2.eease.adp.com/recruit2/?id=8619822&t=1
Attendees also need to apply to the actual job posting at:
Applicants should be in professional attire to interview and bring proper identification.
Thank you for your interest in Silver Airways – see you there !
Flight Attendant Job Description - General Summary
The role of Flight Attendant is to provide safety and comfort to our customers, to
respond and provide leadership during an emergency, including aircraft evacuation and unusual situations. To ensure compliance with Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Regulations.
Essential Job Functions
- Work independently without constant observation; yet work well with others as part of a team
- Work in accordance with established procedures and performance standards
- Assist customers with carry-on items, prepare and serve beverages
- Respond to customer medical situations and administer first aid to ill or incapacitated customers
- Maintain order and handle unruly or irate passengers /customers
- Conduct other duties as assigned
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Reliable transportation to and from the airport
- Willing & able to relocate according to operational needs
- Ability to perform basic math skills and read, write and fluently speak and understand the English language
- Physical agility and strength for assisting customers and their luggage
- Strong work ethic and great communication skills, both verbally and written
- Professional and polite in all situations, able to handle pressure in stressful situations
- Ability to accept personal responsibility for resolving concerns
- Good judgment, excellent dependability, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to comprehend and retain information pertinent to the position
- Willing to work "reserve" status for a long duration
- Caring and nurturing disposition, outgoing personality
Education and Experience
- Valid US Passport or Foreign Passport with applicable visas required
- Valid Driver’s License Required
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- College education, degree preferred
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer without sponsorship
- Must be able to pass a Drug and Alcohol Screen, and FBI Fingerprint & Criminal Background Check
Current Flight Attendant Bases
o ALTOONA, PA - more likely to have openings
o ATLANTA, GA – Reserve Base
o CLARKSBURG, WV - more likely to have openings
o FT. LAUD, FL – Senior Base
o GAINESVILLE, FL - Senior Base
o GREENVILLE, MS - more likely to have openings
o MERIDIAN, MS - more likely to have openings
o SHENANDOAH, WV – more likely to have openings
o TAMPA, FL – Senior Base
o WASHINGTON DULLES – DC – Reserve Base
- Base availability is always subject to change, awarded by seniority towards the end of training. Applicants MUST be willing to accept ANY base according to operational needs. *
Sight: Must be able to see well enough to read reports
Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with customers, vendors and team members.
Standing/Walking: Must be able to move about the aircraft
Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling: Must be able to stoop or kneel to pick up paper products
Lifting/Pulling/Pushing: Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds repeatedly
Manual Dexterity: Must be able to type and use technical sources
Working Conditions: Normal working conditions absent extreme factors
Aircraft Cabin: the average height of the aircraft interior cabin is under 6’0”, must be able to maneuver comfortably within the cabin space.
Must be able to manually open and close an aircraft exterior door, which has a handle approximately 6’6” from the ground.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed, but are not to be seen as a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Also, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer
Silver Airways is a drug-free workplace and offers excellent benefits including travel benefits and is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/D/V/G
Some Pre-Employment Screening may begin on site. Pre-Employment Requirements include an FBI background check via fingerprints & drug screen via urinalysis.