Silver Airways Employee Reviews in United States

Based in IAD
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VAFebruary 7, 2016
This is a great starter company if you want a career as a flight attendant. I've had some good and bad experiences just like in any other job. But I wouldn't have it any other way. I am greatful for them and any complaints I had during the job its all part of this industry; not being able to get on a flight back home because the flight is full, being stuck somewhere due to cancellations, not getting the days off you anticipated. This is all part of being a flight attendant. I didnt give them 5 stars because there are some improvements that need to be made within management. But other than that I would reccomend them to anyone.
Pilot Job
First Officer (Current Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLJanuary 29, 2016
I have been with the company for about a year. So far I am very pleased . The overall company works hard to continue to grow as a full service airline..
The compensation is where I am not happy. We work hard and the monetary compensation is very low if you are looking for a long term career. Works fine for young pilots looking to move up and gain experience.
Pros
Great group of individuals to work with.
Cons
Long days, little pay
Like a 1955 commuter airline
Pilot (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 14, 2016
The only difference between a 1955 commuter airline and Siler is

they try to operate like an airline. Poor communication with pilots and

management. And poor life style for an airline.
Cons
Lots ask any pilot
run away now you have been warned
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 11, 2016
very good people what can i say run run run run away from the training poor when do i begin to lies this company will tell the turnover for a airlines is like working at walmart
Pros
crews
Cons
bad ceo bad inflight department
unrealistic expectations
Crew Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 29, 2015
Staff members are a extremely friendly and look out for each other, The company falls under the Railway Labor Act and use this to suit their own means and not to the benefit of their current employees,
awesome place to work
Operations Agent (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 29, 2015
its a great day every day, customers and coworkers are the best with the best attitudes. management also treats the staff very equally and handles all situations to the best of their ability.
Best Job I ever had
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 16, 2015
This job was great because I was able to travel and see the world and work all at the same time. Its a regional airline that flies through Florida, Virginia, West Virginia, And Pennsylvania.
Pros
Travel, People
Cons
Technical difficulties
Good Starter Airline
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 21, 2015
I have worked here for over 6months now and I can honestly say that organizational wise this is one of the worst companies I have worked for. Its a good starter company for those who are looking to get some experince in aviation, but if your looking for reliability/ stability forget about it. scheduling has no organization what so ever and the company does not uphold to its mission statement.
Pros
flight benefits
Cons
scheduling is terrible, planes are hot, management unorganized
First Officer Duties
First Officer (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 19, 2015
Responsible for piloting the airplane and insuring the safety of all passengers as well as on time arrivals.

Nice work place environment with pilots, flight attendants, gate agents, maintenance people, rampers, and dispatchers.
Pros
Flying the airplane and being in aviation
Cons
low pay, weather and maintenance delays
work with great people but the company does not value their employess
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 23, 2015
I was happy with this flight attending position until the company began to make changes including me taking a substantial pay cut. They didn't inform us of this. I feel that it is very disrespectful.
Pros
per diem, hotel points, trips
Cons
awful pay for hard work
Good People with a Place to Grow
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington D.C.August 18, 2015
Good Place to Work & Grow with a Great Bunch of Like Minded People, Geared towards Getting the Job Done, with some fun thrown in!
Pros
"Road Trips", with Reimbersed Expenses. Working Closely with Crew & other Aviation Professionals.
Cons
Small Workspace. Not much room for Shop setup
Avoid
Passenger Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 22, 2015
Abnormally hostile work environment. More flight delays then not. Not a very cohesive team.
I would not reccommend working the ticket counter here to anyone.
Pros
Flight benefits after 6mo, and you'll most likely appreciate the next job that you have much more after working here
Cons
Terrible job culture in TPA.
Low Pay and hours, but awesome job culture
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVAugust 16, 2015
Good job experience for a beginning career in the aviation industry. Not much room for advancement, would not consider it for a long term job solution.
Pros
The aircraft
Cons
Low hours
Exciting, wonderful, and glamorous
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 26, 2015
Being a flight attendant was an amazing experience. I was able to make people smile and comfortable while they traveled on my aircraft. I am trained to cater a Saab 340B+. The most exciting part about being a flight attendant to me, is the level of service you provide the passengers. Making someones' experience that much better is a reassuring thing. I enjoy customer service and this job is the highest form of customer service I can think of. Silver Airways is a wonderful regional airline. All the captains and first officers are easy to work with and very professional. The administration team is always willing to assist you when you need them. Everyone is willing to help each other. The CEO is very hands on and works with everyone. There is a sense of pride you get from wearing your company's uniform. Silver Airways gave me courage and pride.
Pros
clean aircrafts, friendly co-workers, fun enviornment
Good people, positive results, will go a long way
Director Corporate/Aviation Security (Former Employee) –  Ft Lauderdale, FloridaMay 11, 2015
Dedicated to the daily regulatory operation, great co workers - hardest part to get all to communicate from the Headquarters level to the field level . this took time but it did come out very positive.

Enjoyed the positive results at the end of the day.
Pros
Normal Airline
Cons
No culture, no opportunity for advancement
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 1, 2015
Health benefits are high cost and of low quality. There is no culture within the company and all high positions are filled from outside candidates and never from within. They do not promote from within. Pilots and Flight Attendants are treated very bad which is why most are leaving this company.
poor customer service
Airport Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 10, 2015
This airline needs a total restructure. There is poor customer service due to poor reliability of the fleet used by the carrier.
Pros
Flights and assistance with restructuring
Cons
No customer service offered to travelers
so/so
ramp agent (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 14, 2015
Working at silver airways is interesting . It can be fun at times unless you have days when your waiting till 3am in the morning for a plane to come in . The pilots and flight attendants are awesome its to bad they outsourced the ramp in Florida things must be getting worse for silver
Pros
Employees
Cons
long days long waits in between flights
Great place and learning experience
Help Desk IT Engineer (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FloridaJune 3, 2015
I have learned home, auto, banking at State Farm giving me the opportunity to improve my sales skills and achieve goals within the company.
Interesting and Hardwork
Temp (Former Employee) –  gainesville, flFebruary 28, 2015
I was just a temp for this company so I didn't receive a lot of the fun added bonuses for the company. I enjoyed learning about airplanes and the things that make them work. I enjoyed being a part of the team and meeting new people who dedicate their lives to building airplanes.

2.9