Silver Airways

Silver Airways Employer Reviews

fun environment with good co-workers.
MX Planner (Current Employee), Gainesville FLJanuary 18, 2015
I conducted maintenance management and worked for 2 years without incident.
Cueless and confused
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Orlando, FloridaJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: people i worked with
Cons: poor management
I loved what I did and became good at my craft, however management never recognised my abilities and forced me to resign. I broke my back for this airline including delivering bags to passengers near where I lived, knowing they would not get them til much later. I worked long hours, handled most mourning delays and cancellations by myself without management presence. I built strong relationships with many airlines and received accolates from them. Every door closed for me in the company before they opened. I was a victim of back stabbing from the customer care agents whom I had to fix ticket issues after calling that they were suppose to fix.Even the flight benefits had gotten harder to get, and with the threat of contracting out of services, no one will be safe. Management would write people up for the most ridiculous things making it a very toxic environment. To this day management still can't figure out bag fees being waived.
Poor excuse for an airline for employees and passengers
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 16, 2014
Pros: flight benefits
Cons: horrific working environment - entire workforce looking for another job
Do not take a job with Silver Airways unless you are down and out and exhausted your unemployment benefits. Company completely unstable. Three CEOs in 3 years sums it up. Lower level employees treated like garbage and cheated by the station manager in every way possible. The treatment of minorities is horrific. Several customer service and ramp agents in Fort Lauderdale suing company for unpaid overtime and lunches.
The planes are obsolete and always in need of maintenance. Flights are delayed and cancelled on a daily basis.
Only unethical and incompetent managers remain with the company.
I would advise anyone interested in an airline career to keep plugging for a stable and employee friendly airline such as JetBlue, SouthWest or Virgin.
Great employees and management it is a great place to work.
Cross Utilized Agent (Current Employee), Pensacola, FLNovember 21, 2014
I work in any type of weather rain, hot, or cold doesn't matter. I have learned many things on the computer and about planes. Management is great there also they make sure everything goes smoothly and help when you need it. We have a great team and always help each other out. There isn't really anything hard about this job as long as you don't mind working outside. My favorite part of my job is interacting with the passengers.
Very productive and love a challenging job
Stores Clerk (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLNovember 10, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: healthcare
A typical day at work is the ones that you succeed at all times
An excellent place to work which allows me to grow while still working in the ministry.
General Safety Expert/ Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), Hattiesburg, MSSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: professional growth
A typical day at work includes meeting new and interesting people while maintaining the cohesiveness of our operation. I oversee the safety of all individuals traveling in and out of the airport.
RUN RUN RUN AWAY !
Silver Airways Flight Attendant (Former Employee), GAINESVILLE FLORIDASeptember 2, 2014
Cons: no union
TERRIBLE COMPANY !!!
TOO MANY FLIGHTS ADAY TO WORK
NO BREAKS OR LUNCHES
MANAGEMENT THAT TREATED US LESS THAN HUMAN
THE BEST PART WAS THE PASSENGERS
TERRIBLE TRAINER WHO DIDNT CARE ABOUT US.
TERRIBLE COMPANY
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), GAINESVILLEAugust 22, 2014
Cons: no union, too many flights per day
MY DAYS WERE LONG AND HOT IN THE FLORIDA HEAT ON PLANES THAT WERE NOT AIR CONDITIONED ON THE GROUND. WE DID 6-8 TAKE OFF AND LANDINGS PER DAY . WE WERE REQUIRED TO CLEAN THE PLANES AND CATER THEM AS WELL .
REVIEW BASED ON PERSONAL EXPERIENCE !
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), FLLAugust 18, 2014
Pros: passes on united, but its stand -by travel
Cons: no union, low pay, and homophobic
A typical day would be 8 take off and landings in the Florida heat . The planes at Silver are not air conditioned while you are on the ground. You are required to clean the plane between flights and have your plane catered for each flight . If you have any problems with your schedule and call the SOC dept they will talk to you like you are a dog . Flight attendants at most airlines are the most important representative for the company and at Silver they are considered nothing . Also if you are a male flight attendant you are considered less than the females that fly. Silver has let go almost all of their male flight attendants due to their fear of gay males . And lastly you always have this fear in the back of your mind about how safe their planes are with all the mechanical delays. and low pay for the mechanics. We have seen them fly planes when we were very questionable if we should .
a productive work place with alot of learning
Cross Utilized Station Agent (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 29, 2014
A typical day at work for me is a very energize learning environment where nothing get boring or loose my attention. I love learning about how the company is manage and love the behind the scene action. co-workers who are about business and getting the job done correct. not so much a hard job just keeping people safe and a smile on there face.
Very Unorganized
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 17, 2014
Pros: fly for free
Cons: little to no breaks, always delayed, and fly on stand-by
Company is new and is taking a long time to get it together and its very stressful for both the workers and passengers
Good Starter company
First Officer (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 24, 2014
Mot of the people I worked with were nice and professional, very helpful to everyone. Sometimes maintenance is slow to respond but they try to deal with issues quickly.
nice place to work
General Manager (Current Employee), TallahasseeJune 23, 2014
A typical day in my station, I created a easy work place for me and my coworkers
Company culture is not very worker friendly
Cross Utilized Agent (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 22, 2014
Pros: worked outside, interacted with different types of passengers, and fly free where ever airlinetraveled
Cons: micromanaged, no employee appreciation
A typical work day was dependent upon the position assignment for the day. If working the ticket counter position your task was to check in passengers for their flights, by checking their reservation through the company program. Ensure that all regulatory procedures where in compliance with government regulations. Collected funds for baggage fees in the form of both credit and cash. Entered claims for any lost luggage using company wide tracking program. If your position was gate agent, then your duties included delivery of boarding requirements using airport PA system. Boarding passengers in accordance with regulations and compliance manuals. Customer interaction when assisting with reprint or rebooking passengers with missed flights connections or delayed flight. Ensured that security wasn't compromised. As ramp-agent, duties included marshaling in the aircraft to the assigned gate area, loading/unloading luggage from aircraft in a safe and professional manor. Enforced security procedures to keep aircraft and passengers safe before departure. Used ground service vehicles to move luggage and aircraft equipment to and from aircraft. Interact with aircraft crew to ensure passenger numbers, luggage weight are correct to certify weight and balance of aircraft before departure.
Safe airline
CSA (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 30, 2014
Planes are small, Sabbs 340, but while you're flying you feel safe .
JOB DESCRIPTION
Parts Clerk Team Lead (Current Employee), GAINESVILLE, FLMarch 18, 2014
Is responsible for shipping/receiving, variances, transferring and stocking of parts and supplies related to maintenance of all aircrafts.
Order parts for aircrafts from various vendors.
Oversee a night crew of 5 parts clerks and insure all work is complete and the end of each shift.
Growing Airline
Crew scheduling and crew payroll (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 13, 2014
Silver Airways is a great place to learn and grow with this upcoming regional airline.
Silver Airways is a young Airline continuing to grow
Manager Crew Training Records (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: airline travel
Cons: no raises
Silver Airlines is a busy and growing airline. My responsbility isto make sure all crewmembers stayed qualified for the airline. My department is one of the major cores of the airline. We fail them, we fail everyone to is employed. Silver has gone through many managment changes. Some for the better, other's I believe have been wrong decisions. The people I work with are wonderful. There really isnt anything hard about my job. There is just allot of information and responsibilites I have which keep me very busy.
I have to be honest and say the most enjoyable part of my job is leaving and going home to my family.
Busy
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 3, 2014
Most enjoyable part of the day is the Sheltair building, looking through the glass windows at the planes.
Aircraft Maintenance Control (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 17, 2013
Pros: learned alot
Cons: no lunch no breaks
I learned a lot about multi tasking, Priority and Goal setting.
Meeting dead lines

200 + FLIGHT A DAY
Hardest part of the day..alot of AOG, cancellations and part Issues