Silver Creek Manor

Silver Creek Manor Employer Reviews

clean and organized environment with friendly staff
RN Supervisor (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: friendly, compassionate staff
Cons: census can drop pretty low and effect job security
Many staff members have been employed with the company for many years, some 10+ years. Some have started as housekeepers, and dishwashers and have made their way up to charge nurses. Management is very understanding and encouraging of continuing education. There are many caring and compassionate staff members that treat the residents and family members like members of their own family. It's a pleasant place to work.
LOVED THE RESIDENTS
Charge Nurse (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 24, 2014
Cons: management, administration could care less about residents, only money/insurance
RATHER SMOOTH DAY, IF YOU HAVE GOOD TIME MANANGEMNT. DEPENDING ON WHAT HALL YOU WORKED ON. MY SKILLED HALL COULD GET HECTIC AT TIMES WHEN YOU HAVE NUMEROUS ADMISSION. BUT THAT ALL GOES BACK TO HAVING GOOD TIME MANAGMENT. WITH CHANGE IN DIRECTOR CAME OUTRAGEOUS CHANGES.
The workplace was staffed with personnel right out of school who were untrained or staff who had been there for a while who had grown too comfortable.
Certified Nurse Assistant/Shower Aide/Mentor (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 1, 2013
Cons: poor management of breaks lead to some employees no time to have breaks at all.
I enjoyed working at Silver Creek not because of my peers but because of the residents. That type of jobs calls for a certain type of person and most of the people who worked there were working there for the wrong reason...a paycheck. You have to work there for the resident and no other reason. They depend on you for everything. If your heart is not in it you are in the wrong place. The one thing I DETESTED about Silver Creed Manor is they always preached to us employees about resident's rights when in actuality they had very little. When I was there I never saw them and that is one of the reason why I quit. I submitted my letter of resignation three times before actually quitting. Why you might ask? Well, it is because I knew I was one of the few people who actually cared about their rights. I treated them with respect and dignity and the love they deserved and they loved me for it. The feeling I got back from the residents was hard to give up but I could no longer handle the daily stress of seeing the residents forced to do things they didn't want to do, or watch as they were not being taken care of with the care they deserved. So I finally got upset enough one day and quit and to this day I miss every one. I was there for three of them to pass on. Those were very sad days for me. I cried along with their families. I became so close in the last few weeks in one of my resident's life that I was asked to be pall bearer at his funeral. I don't think there are too many people who can say that and for that I am proud!
Progressive with a "family style" atmosphere.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Bristol, RIApril 20, 2012
Pros: cost free medical and dental for f/t employment
Cons: not enough staffing
A typical day at work may be called anything but typical. There is a ongoing, close and immediate interaction with the patients and residents from the moment that I, and the other employees enter the facility. All of the staff members as well as my supervisors are always eager to consult and troubleshoot any ailment at any given time. One of my single most favorite things to do at work, aside from my morning coffee break is chatting and laughing with the residents. I have learned that a short amount of my time is a large part of their day. As far as the hardest part of my job: I would have to say is a grieving family member.
Nice Facility
Office Assistant (Current Employee), San Antonio txApril 2, 2012
Pros: off on the weekends
Cons: not enough hr's earned to get a day off, hardly give rasis!
All Managment our Really Nice. I love the Residents. Its nice having the weekend off. easy work.

About Silver Creek Manor

Silver Creek Manor has been providing quality care since 1970. It is the family oriented and homelike feeling that sets Silver – Read more