Silver Creek Manor Employee Reviews

Hard Woking
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Bristol, RIMay 24, 2017
Learned customer service.
Work place is a very hard workplace.
Very hard to get a raise even though working here for many years.
Sanitation, and patient needs.
Dietary skills.
Pros
Free food
silver creek
Certified medication Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 24, 2017
learned alot of new things and their are a few people that were willing to teach and to help you with what you needed. Favortism took over the workplace since day one.
cna
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 5, 2017
belittled, lack organization, mistreat elderly, unsanitary, rude nurses, not much hours, sometimes no workers, nurses leave cna alone, task that are not obligated or in ur job description
an acceptional environment to work in for a retirement home
Dietary Aid (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 27, 2016
though I have had problems with the employees at silver creek, the others such as the residents completely make up for it.
Pros
friendly envirnment along with residents
Cons
rude employees
short staffed, unappreciated
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bristol, RISeptember 26, 2016
Work load is large and at times unmanageable due to staffing shortage. Management has no interpersonal skills, they treat there staff horrible. Co workers constantley back stabing each other.Time off is very hard to get. Pay is average although benefit are good.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
heavy work load, management is aweful
Great facility!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bristol, RIAugust 24, 2016
I truely enjoyed working here, i was employed there for over two years. The facility is always kept clean, the residents and patients are meticuliously cared for. The staff is hard working. Only downfall i would say is since its such a small facility there was alot of drama among the CNAs, they usually have big attitudes due to being so short staffed.
Pros
Excellant pay and incentives!
Cons
Argumentive CNAs, Working late past shift due to work load
Absolutely loved the residents...
CNA (Former Employee) –  RIJune 15, 2016
The administration here is horrible! Administration has many "favorites". The Nurses and CNAs were some of the best people to work with.
Long History
Admissions & Marketing Director (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 28, 2015
Enjoyed working there that I worked there for over 8.5 years 2 separate times.
Management was always there for your backup. Tried to update building to build up census.
Only thing was that census numbers were unrealistic for that area.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Bonus
Not enough staff
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol, RINovember 27, 2015
Clean facility with loving staff. The crew I worked with was awesome, but some of the nurse's don't contribute to the quality of care when it's under staffed. Some nurse's don't know or ignore the concept of team work. All the physical and mental well being of the residents fall on the CNA's shoulders which isn't fair! They're over worked and under paid. The CNA's work short consecutively for weeks, and received no compensation. I got tired of the politics and quit!
Pros
Benefit package
Cons
Over worked and under paid!
A great company to work for!
Sava Senior Care (SNF) (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 12, 2015
Flexible schedule
Moderate paced environment
A variety of diagnosis seen
Director was fabulous and co-workers very supportive
Hardest part of job was billing and justifying treatment
Most enjoyable part was getting to see how much you can impact someone in a nursing home setting.
Loved Odyssey
Admissions and Marketing Director (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 22, 2015
Great Company, really took care of patients and employees. Just changed when they were bought out.
Pros
Employee Appreciation
Cons
Bought out by bigger company
clean and organized environment with friendly staff
RN Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 17, 2014
Many staff members have been employed with the company for many years, some 10+ years. Some have started as housekeepers, and dishwashers and have made their way up to charge nurses. Management is very understanding and encouraging of continuing education. There are many caring and compassionate staff members that treat the residents and family members like members of their own family. It's a pleasant place to work.
Pros
friendly, compassionate staff
Cons
census can drop pretty low and effect job security
Loved the residents
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 24, 2014
Rather smooth day, if you have good time manangemnt. Depending on what hall you worked on. My skilled hall could get hectic at times when you have numerous admission. But that all goes back to having good time managment. With change in director came outrageous changes.
Cons
Management, Administration could care less about residents, Only money/insurance
The workplace was staffed with personnel right out of school who were untrained or staff who had been there for a while who had grown too comfortable.
Certified Nurse Assistant/Shower Aide/Mentor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 1, 2013
I enjoyed working at Silver Creek not because of my peers but because of the residents. That type of jobs calls for a certain type of person and most of the people who worked there were working there for the wrong reason...a paycheck. You have to work there for the resident and no other reason. They depend on you for everything. If your heart is not in it you are in the wrong place. The one thing I DETESTED about Silver Creed Manor is they always preached to us employees about resident's rights when in actuality they had very little. When I was there I never saw them and that is one of the reason why I quit. I submitted my letter of resignation three times before actually quitting. Why you might ask? Well, it is because I knew I was one of the few people who actually cared about their rights. I treated them with respect and dignity and the love they deserved and they loved me for it. The feeling I got back from the residents was hard to give up but I could no longer handle the daily stress of seeing the residents forced to do things they didn't want to do, or watch as they were not being taken care of with the care they deserved. So I finally got upset enough one day and quit and to this day I miss every one. I was there for three of them to pass on. Those were very sad days for me. I cried along with their families. I became so close in the last few weeks in one of my resident's life that I was asked to be pall bearer at his funeral. I don't think there are too many people who can say that and for that I am proud!
Cons
Poor management of breaks lead to some employees no time to have breaks at all.
Progressive with a "family style" atmosphere.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bristol, RIApril 20, 2012
A typical day at work may be called anything but typical. There is a ongoing, close and immediate interaction with the patients and residents from the moment that I, and the other employees enter the facility. All of the staff members as well as my supervisors are always eager to consult and troubleshoot any ailment at any given time. One of my single most favorite things to do at work, aside from my morning coffee break is chatting and laughing with the residents. I have learned that a short amount of my time is a large part of their day. As far as the hardest part of my job: I would have to say is a grieving family member.
Pros
cost free medical and dental for f/t employment
Cons
not enough staffing
Nice Facility
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio txApril 2, 2012
All Managment our Really Nice. I love the Residents. Its nice having the weekend off. easy work.
Pros
off on the weekends
Cons
not enough hr's earned to get a day off, hardly give rasis!