Silver Cross Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Great Culture
Human Resources Intern (Former Employee) –  New Lenox, ILFebruary 19, 2016
Learned a lot from the company regarding different sectors of the Hospital Industry. It has been a great start to my career.
Management was great very organized and fair. I learned and gained great coding experience. Very supportive.
Outpatient Coder (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILFebruary 12, 2016
I liked working at Silver Cross very much. The management team was very organized and supportive. I feel like I gained great coding work experience. My Lead was always very helpful and knowledgeable she had a great coding background. I loved that they gave me the opportunity to work from home. I was working thru a temp agency and unfortunately my contract was completed.
Pros
Worked from home no dealing with traffic.
not an good place to work
EVS Tech (Current Employee) –  New Lenox, ILOctober 1, 2015
Evs department at silver cross is not managed well.

The supervisor dose not know how to do an schedule for an30 day period.

My coworkers are back stabbers

the hardest part about this job is dealing with management
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Lenox, ILSeptember 16, 2015
Great Place to work while in school, worked with my school schedule. Co-workers are very helpful. The Nurses are team players and help the CNAs when they can.
Location was close to home
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILSeptember 2, 2015
I was a new CNA when I started at Silver Cross Hospital . So I learned something new everyday. The opportunity their gave me a great start to becoming a good CNA.
Pros
close to hoe
Cons
I made friends and I was very comfortable with all mangers and the employee's and I was able to work at my best at all times
Coding Analyst (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILAugust 31, 2015
The management was amazing at Silver Cross. I did have some family emergence that came about and I was able to make up my time with no problems. I never left any of my hours worked and they have worked with me, Again another company that I would have to continue to work for however it was only temp through Medical Staffing Network.
very productive, learned so much
Med/Surg Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  New Lenox, ILAugust 21, 2015
Very professional fast paced environment.
Learned so much and everyone was willing to help.
All departments were team players, patient, family and
customer focused.
Love working for the Hospital
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILJuly 29, 2015
I have seen so many different things working in the hospital. I absolutely love working here. It has been my longest job and I hope I always feel this way about it!!
To much fun
Kitchen Crew (Current Employee) –  Kitchen CrewJuly 4, 2015
There many people breaking and stealing from the cafeteria. Everyone, workers and guest. No one really there to do anything to stop it.
Pros
Cons
Everyone is in a rush all the time.
Great place to work at
Clerical (Former Employee) –  New Lenox, ILJuly 1, 2015
Great place to put a foot in the medical field. I've learned a lot caring for patients and observe what they go through in their lives each day. The hardest thing is to see patients pass away in front of me and the staff. I love all off the staff there are amazing nurses and doctors.
Transporter
Diagnostic Testing Transporter (Current Employee) –  New Lenox, ILJune 23, 2015
In charge of bringing patients to their tests and returning them to their rooms. Interacted with all levels of hospital employees and visitors. Very stressful job.
Pros
Nice workout
Cons
Bad Pay
It was fun
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  new lenox, ilMay 3, 2015
as long as you do not let little things get to you, ignore drama and do not feel the need to have friends at work. The management is very laxed and tends to show major favoritism instead of fairness.
Pros
great experience
Cons
poor management
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILApril 7, 2015
Love working for Silver Cross as a Home Health RN. Coming from another Home Care agency this is a breath of fresh air. Very good Nurse to patient ratio, pay is better than average, very experienced co-workers. Management is caring and fair. So glad I made the move.
homer is great
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Homer Glen, ILMarch 5, 2015
its not a bad place, but not the best pay rates here. definitely low ball you and its sad on HRs part. customers are enjoyable and so are coworkers
Great place to work!
Employee Wellness Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New Lenox, ILFebruary 5, 2015
Had the independence to develop a wellness program from scratch. Learned a great deal about designing, implementing and evaluating a program. Management was always supportive.
Pros
the people
Cons
long distance from my home
required more management on a higher level
Lead Rehab / Acute Care Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILDecember 9, 2014
I was not here for too long. there was too much turn over at one time and no upper management allowing for certain employees to not be accounted for during the day and their shifts.
Dedicated Teamwork
Telecommunications Operator (Former Employee) –  New Lenox, IllinoisDecember 8, 2014
typical day was switchboard duties
learned many department purposes
management was one supervisor
co-workers acted on teamwork
hardest part of job had been learning emergency dispatch codes
most enjoyable part was being available in an emergency situation
Pros
holiday parties and activities
Cons
part time and registry, no job advancement
The fast track
Director of Guest Services (Former Employee) –  New Lenox, ILNovember 13, 2014
Leading a department that touches over 250,000 lives per year requires a total commitment of 24/7. Balancing the fast pace of changes in the health care market with the personal needs employees is a constant challenge. A typical day is divided into meetings with leaders of other departments, rounding in work areas with staff and responding to requests from Physician offices and patients. The most difficult part of leading a team is leaving the office at the end of the day knowing there is still so much more work to be done. The job satisfaction as leader is to hire and train new employees who then carry the culture of customer satisfaction forward.
Quiet and stressful!
Telecommunications Operator (Former Employee) –  New Lenox, ILSeptember 17, 2014
Working as a Telecommunications Operator on the grave shift hours was pretty tough at times. I was alone in a little office of the basement for eight hours. There were not a lot of calls, and it would make you sleepy most of the time. But I loved this job because I did like our work environment. It was positive and calm. I had good feelings working at that hospital. I understood what I was doing, and I loved what I was doing. Anytime anyone needed assistance whether your a patient or an employee; someone was there to help you. My managers were a huge part of the team. They constantly stayed on task of what they needed to get done. They also always visited us a many times a day to make sure everyone was okay, and they would just come and talk with us. I feel we all had a good relationship with management. The hardest part of my job was when i first started working there. I felt it was so confusing and so stressful. All I could hear was tons and tons of phones ringing and people talking. But once I sat down and experienced the rush myself, I got into the groove of things and got into my work flow. My most favorite part of the job was when a patient would call the hospital and let us know they were on their way to have a baby! Every time I took a phone call like that I would be so excited! I would congratulate them, and I felt so happy for those people.
Pros
the employee cards, environment, and benefits.
Cons
not being able to pick up shifts evenly.
Job was decent poor management.
Patient Tech (Current Employee) –  New lenox ILSeptember 7, 2014
Poor management from higher ups.. Moving heavy equipment and an unfit job description.
benefits
Cons
management