Silver Cross Hospital

Silver Cross Hospital Employer Reviews

Dedicated Teamwork
Telecommunications Operator (Former Employee), New Lenox, IllinoisDecember 8, 2014
Pros: holiday parties and activities
Cons: part time and registry, no job advancement
typical day was switchboard duties
learned many department purposes
management was one supervisor
co-workers acted on teamwork
hardest part of job had been learning emergency dispatch codes
most enjoyable part was being available in an emergency situation
The fast track
Director of Guest Services (Former Employee), New Lenox, ILNovember 13, 2014
Leading a department that touches over 250,000 lives per year requires a total commitment of 24/7. Balancing the fast pace of changes in the health care market with the personal needs employees is a constant challenge. A typical day is divided into meetings with leaders of other departments, rounding in work areas with staff and responding to requests from Physician offices and patients. The most difficult part of leading a team is leaving the office at the end of the day knowing there is still so much more work to be done. The job satisfaction as leader is to hire and train new employees who then carry the culture of customer satisfaction forward.
Quiet and stressful!
Telecommunications Operator (Former Employee), New Lenox, ILSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: the employee cards, environment, and benefits.
Cons: not being able to pick up shifts evenly.
Working as a Telecommunications Operator on the grave shift hours was pretty tough at times. I was alone in a little office of the basement for eight hours. There were not a lot of calls, and it would make you sleepy most of the time. But I loved this job because I did like our work environment. It was positive and calm. I had good feelings working at that hospital. I understood what I was doing, and I loved what I was doing. Anytime anyone needed assistance whether your a patient or an employee; someone was there to help you. My managers were a huge part of the team. They constantly stayed on task of what they needed to get done. They also always visited us a many times a day to make sure everyone was okay, and they would just come and talk with us. I feel we all had a good relationship with management. The hardest part of my job was when i first started working there. I felt it was so confusing and so stressful. All I could hear was tons and tons of phones ringing and people talking. But once I sat down and experienced the rush myself, I got into the groove of things and got into my work flow. My most favorite part of the job was when a patient would call the hospital and let us know they were on their way to have a baby! Every time I took a phone call like that I would be so excited! I would congratulate them, and I felt so happy for those people.
Job was decent poor management.
Patient Tech (Current Employee), New lenox ILSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: management
Poor management from higher ups.. Moving heavy equipment and an unfit job description.
CNA (Current Employee), New Lenox, ILSeptember 4, 2014
A lot of educational opportunity, team work, optimistic culture
An Inpatient Acute Rehabilitation Unit
Staff Occupational Therapist (Current Employee), New Lenox, ILJuly 20, 2014
Evaluate and treat adult/geriatric patients on the Acute Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit. Serve as CORE staff member on weekends to promote continuity of care. New beautiful unit. Cohesive team.
Product and organized work environement
Acute Rehab Social Worker/Discharge Planner (Current Employee), New Lenox, ILJune 27, 2014
Pros: great work environment
Cons: na
The days at work are very busy but very rewarding. I have great co-workers. They are supportive and ready to brainstorm to insure a patient will discharge from the hospital with a safe discharge plan. The hardest part of the job is working with a very ill and sometimes a terminal patient. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing a patient recover and return to their family.
great benefits
Material Handler/Patient Supply Tech (Current Employee), New Lenox, ILMay 18, 2014
Very busy all the time handle all incoming calls from doctors and nurses. Handle freight and stock .
all out great hospital and staff
EVS Floor Tech (Former Employee), Joliet, ILMay 14, 2014
Pros: patient or a staff member you would be treated very very very well at aii times.
very good environmental service worker training program good hours and days supervisors and leads and staff member were great to work for. as a employee than a patient i could not been in better hands at silver cross hospital the doctors and nursing staff brought me back to health thanks to silver cross i"m here today in jesus name.
Productive and great people to work with.
Assistant to Management (Volunteer) (Current Employee), New Lenox, ILMay 13, 2014
I love to volunteer there, but am looking for a paid position. I was told that it is not in the budget for the year for new paid employees.
This is a productive place to work.
Cardiovascular Technician (Current Employee), New Lenox, ILMarch 30, 2014
This is a great place to learn and work. Everyone is friendly and helpful.
Very Very Very good Shaff to work with as employee or patient.
Evs Floor Tech (Former Employee), Joliet, ILMarch 29, 2014
Pros: friendly happy people
Cons: nothing i can remerber
Silver Cross Hospital was a real great place to always work knowing your job working with or without a team busy all the time lot of walking but staying fit.The best job ever
productive work environment
Registered Professional Nurse (Current Employee), New Lenox, ILFebruary 20, 2014
Management appreciates and acknowledges your work ethic and you are greatly compensated for your time and dedication
Company that puts emphasis on patient care.
MLT (Current Employee), New Lenox, ILFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: the people i work with on a daily basis.
I work on the PM shift and work in all departments of the lab. I have an excellent work repor with my co-workers and we rely on each other when we are extremely busy, which tends to be quite often these days. We on our shift tend to be more self sufficient I believe because most of the managers have left. The hardest part would also be the part that I enjoy and learn from. That would be when we are short or an analyzer is down and you have to time manage very efficiently to get your analyzer working or cover the spot thats short and get your results out in a timely manner.
good environment
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), New Lenox, ILOctober 25, 2013
the hardest thing about the job was the "unfairness" of the management to co-workers that didn't deserve any hours, nonetheless extra!
Satisfactory work environment; good co workers for a number of years.
Help Desk Analyst/Computer Operations (Former Employee), New Lenox, ILSeptember 14, 2013
Pros: pretty much a friendly environment. everyone tried to help one another as possible.
Cons: pay scale not what it should be for job requirements.
It was a good work environment for many of the years I was employed. Sometimes stressful related to customer relations: demanding something get "fixed now--it cannot wait". The more enjoyable aspect of the job was to resolve problems which arose to the satisfaction of everyone involved. Family type atmosphere in the early years.
Excellent benefits were offered. Great staff and management.
Oncology Registered nurse. (Former Employee), Joliet, ILSeptember 4, 2013
Pros: excellent benefits since it is a large institution, great pay for the weekend program i was employed in for the five years it was in effect.
Cons: the weekend program was discontinued after five years.
Working in the oncology unit with hospice and respite care was very rewarding. There was a team nursing approach to patient care. Everyone worked together as a team and management was experienced and supportive. The hardest part of my job was leaving Silver Cross. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a dedicated staff who appreciated one another and loved giving nursing care.
Friendly staff, good at team work
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Joliet, ILApril 27, 2013
Pros: associated with silver cross hospital
Cons: too many problems with computers, it dept to busy to assist with problems.
See patients from 8am to 1-2 pm, then office for computer entry, calling doctors with reports and labs. Scheduling patients for next day.
Learn independence with handling patients problems and needs.
Management is fair, due to are supervisor has 3 depts to run.
My co workers all work well together.
Fine place to work
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), New Lenox, ILMarch 8, 2013
I learn a lot on the job.I started out working as a Nurse's Aid. I already had my Ceft Nurse's Aid From Joliet Junior College before I started there. Went into the Pharmacy Dept as Tech. From what I learn from the job. I went for the Ceft Pharmacy Tech. My co-workers are great. Like a family.
No travel time very very good co workers friendly just a great hospital
EVS Floor Tech (Former Employee), Joliet, ILFebruary 22, 2013
Pros: always busy working friendly people
Cons: being discharge for a illness not enough time to return to work.
Cleaning waxing carpet cleaning trash removal maintain EVS duties.The safe and correct way to work in a hospital. Management was great as well. OMG my co workers at Silver Cross was a great team to work with all around a great staff family to ever have work with. There was no hard part of my job. Working safe and well with others being a team player at all time and most of all being on a job that have duties to saving lives.