Silver Cross Hospital Employee Reviews

Many problems
Licensed Clinical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILMarch 5, 2017
Extremely busy, running around trying to see patients
High caseload
Management is terrible
Workplace culture is bad where employees stab you in the back
Pros
Days went by fast
Cons
very high caseload
Great RN to PT ratio. Everyone very helpful
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  New Lenox, ILFebruary 18, 2017
I have worked at Silver Cross Hospital for over 5 years now and it's without a doubt the most organized and well ran hospitals I've ever worked for. The management is very helpful, not overbearing or rude. Everyone has a greeting attitude and seems to enjoy working there. All the doctors are knowledgeable and kind, bou still have your a-holes doctors just like anywhere you go. The pay is good. The benefits are great!!
Pros
Great benefits, supportive environment
Cons
Parking sucks on pm shifts.
Rn
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  New Lenox, ILFebruary 7, 2017
Good place to work, supportive management. This company has a close-knit community feel. High census, the hospital could use more beds to accommodate the increasing patient population.
positive environment, productive and also great people to work with
Clerk, CNA (Current Employee) –  New Lenox, ILJanuary 30, 2017
A typical day of work at Silvercross hospital is sometimes can be overwhelming but with a great team, work turns out great for the day, you learn things everyday which is great for furthering your work skills and or education if I had to pick Job of the century it would be SilverCross hospital
Silver Cross at the time I worked for them as a staff nurse management did not support their staff.
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILJanuary 23, 2017
I enjoyed working for Silver Cross Hospital. I had a patient load which I was aware of going into my work shift. Towards the end I did not have House Supervisor Support and my patient load was a 1:12 ratio with 1 aide and no unit secretary and 6 of the twelve were new admissions. I requested additional staff only to be told there were none. The safety of my patients were an issue that is why I left. I assume Silver Cross Hospital has changed it's policy since I have never heard of a similar situation in resent years.
Pros
Currently a Magna hospital, new facility, good physcians
Cons
Management did not support their staff and patient safety was an issue.
Cna
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  New Lenox, ILJanuary 17, 2017
Everyone enjoys working for here. I enjoy my co-workers and my management. Everyone is willing to help everyone. Lots of room for growth.
foodService
Supervisor Menu Clerk (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILDecember 27, 2016
Great company to work for. The staff there is nice and easy to work with, The pay is nice and was just what I was looking for. The manger are great team players
Pros
Great pay and advancement opportunities
Cons
management turn over
Work Place
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  New Lenox, IL 60451November 13, 2016
Typically Silver Cross is a great place to work along with management and employees. The hardest part about the job is understanding the special needs patients.
Pros
Great Food and Co worrkers
Cons
No healthcare
Great place to work!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILAugust 31, 2016
Working for this hospital was an awesome privilege. As a new grad, working here gave me a great wealth of job experience and motivation to want to pursue higher degree in nursing. Most enjoyable part was on the job training, and friendly co-workers. Cons was the lack of daytime hours for work/life balance.
Pros
Learning experience in acute care setting
Cons
Non available day time hours to work.
Educational workplace
Transporter (Current Employee) –  New Lenox, ILJune 28, 2016
I learned many things from working at Silver Cross Hospital. Being in the medical environment taught me how to handle stressful situations, deal with difficult people, work quickly and effectively, helped me appreciate life, and so much more.

Want to know more about Silver Cross Hospital?

Ask a question
Enjoyable place to work
Support of medical staff in emergency room (Former Employee) –  Homer Glen, ILJune 26, 2016
I very much enjoyed working for Silver Cross. I was the afternoon registrar in the ER and Out Patient services. I enjoyed working with the patients, assisting in anyway I could.

I enjoy the ER more, fast paced, no time to sit still. I am a go getter, I enjoy the interaction with the staff, learning procedures and helping where I can.

The hardest part of the day was shift change, getting caught up on what has taken place during the morning shift and handing issues over the next registrar coming on duty.
excellent environment with growth oppurtunities
Behavioral Health Social Work Intern (Current Employee) –  New Lenox, ILMay 18, 2016
great work environment with advancement opportunities. Workload can overflow on some days but not stressful. Great opportunity with a variety of experiences from groups to individual.
Pros
reduced lunch, supervision and advancement oppurtunities
Cons
workload
Fun and great place to work
Public Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  New Lenox, IL 60451March 30, 2016
Management and employee's are fun to work with. A typical work day consist on dealing with wonderful people that aren't having the greatest day which makes it our job to ensure they receive the best care and experiences.
Pros
Very fun atomsphere
Cons
healthcare, there is none for on call
Great Culture
Human Resources Intern (Former Employee) –  New Lenox, ILFebruary 19, 2016
Learned a lot from the company regarding different sectors of the Hospital Industry. It has been a great start to my career.
Management was great very organized and fair. I learned and gained great coding experience. Very supportive.
Outpatient Coder (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILFebruary 12, 2016
I liked working at Silver Cross very much. The management team was very organized and supportive. I feel like I gained great coding work experience. My Lead was always very helpful and knowledgeable she had a great coding background. I loved that they gave me the opportunity to work from home. I was working thru a temp agency and unfortunately my contract was completed.
Pros
Worked from home no dealing with traffic.
not an good place to work
EVS Tech (Current Employee) –  New Lenox, ILOctober 1, 2015
Evs department at silver cross is not managed well.

The supervisor dose not know how to do an schedule for an30 day period.

My coworkers are back stabbers

the hardest part about this job is dealing with management
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Lenox, ILSeptember 16, 2015
Great Place to work while in school, worked with my school schedule. Co-workers are very helpful. The Nurses are team players and help the CNAs when they can.
Location was close to home
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILSeptember 2, 2015
I was a new CNA when I started at Silver Cross Hospital . So I learned something new everyday. The opportunity their gave me a great start to becoming a good CNA.
Pros
close to hoe
Cons
I made friends and I was very comfortable with all mangers and the employee's and I was able to work at my best at all times
Coding Analyst (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILAugust 31, 2015
The management was amazing at Silver Cross. I did have some family emergence that came about and I was able to make up my time with no problems. I never left any of my hours worked and they have worked with me, Again another company that I would have to continue to work for however it was only temp through Medical Staffing Network.
very productive, learned so much
Med/Surg Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  New Lenox, ILAugust 21, 2015
Very professional fast paced environment.
Learned so much and everyone was willing to help.
All departments were team players, patient, family and
customer focused.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Silver Cross Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2