Silver Eagle Distributors L.P. Employee Reviews

Very productive and very independent based
Bulk Driver (Class A Driver) (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 16, 2017
your provided a load and expected to finish at your pace but not to slow (so basically your schedule of your work/personal life depends on how early and how fast you get done)
Pros
you can be finished before your 8 hours of payment and still get paid 8 hrs (salary)
Cons
No lunch breaks
Fast Paced
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 9, 2017
Fasted paced especially around beer holidays which are New Years ,Super Bowl , Easter , Fourth Of July , Labor Day , Thanksgiving , and Christmas . If you're merchandiser you work every holiday which sometimes consist of twelve and fourteen hour days. As a merchandiser you don't get much time to spend with your family. Also you will work every weekend and get at least two off days but sometimes you will six day work weeks
Benefits
Cons
No weekends off, Long Hours, Work every holiday
Workplace is exciting and challenging at times.
Merchandiser/Sales (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJuly 27, 2017
The workplace is exciting and challenging at times. This is the good part since it makes work a very interesting place to work at. Time goes fast since you are busy. A crucial part is that you must be able to interact with managers and provide good customer service.
What I learned is that if you provide good customer service to the client they are always open to giving you more business. Management in my work place is sometimes flexible and listens to concerns we have. They are somewhat easy to get along. The hardest part of the job is the physical part. Sometimes you have to be moving hundreds of cases. The most enjoyable part of the job is that we get to meet many different people.
Pros
overtime
Cons
No free lunches, no rewards
they are an unstable company
Sales Man SS1 (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 18, 2017
I left to go to pepsi because they changed ordering in the system and building displays to get your money for that and made alot of cutbacks to help thire budget and it affected alot of salesmen.
Pros
overtime
Cons
cutbacks and changing pay
Great Company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 17, 2017
My daily routine consisted of me calling on local convenient stores and grocery stores by placing orders. I worked hand in hand with my merchandisers so they would set them accordingly.
Productive and fun workplace
Product Handler (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 11, 2017
Good place too work at. Got hired on pretty fast. Work environment is in a big nice cold warehouse,but not too cold. Co-Workers are dope. They help you through out the day stacking beer layer by layer if they see your doing it wrong.
fun place to work with room for advancement
Route Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 10, 2017
Hiring process was smooth and HR even let me push back a driving test due to the fact I was still had appointments for the military (i was on terminal leave). I'm a new hire and so far things are great, working in an environment where everybody has a positive attitude is awesome!
Great Teamwork!!
Product Handler II (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJune 28, 2017
Since being here I have grown into a better employee. When you come in you are constantly moving. You have no choice but to get better at your job. The warehouse management system is a great tool to learn even if you decide to leave the company. Being part of the management we try to give the employees everything they need to complete the job.
Team Player
Product Handler (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 25, 2017
Pros
Free merchandise, free trips, incentive program
Cons
Long hours and work some holidays
It has been a positive experience
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXJune 15, 2017
Overall the experience has been good some things could be better but not bad enough to complain. Management is capable of working with you and from my experience they are willing to as well.
1200 cases by hand and no hope
Bulk Driver (Current Employee) –  Rosenberg, TXJune 14, 2017
It's a job for young people. U have to be fast and it's tough. No lunch time if u want to go home and long hours every day. Expect no help cause it's short handed all the time
Pros
Free beer ( 1 case of their choosing and weekends off
Cons
Almost everything else
Fun atmosphere
Bulk Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXJune 2, 2017
Fun atmosphere but hard work. Employee benefits are good but promotions sometimes are based on who you know rather than work potential. Good starting job to learn the business.
Stress
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 30, 2017
Always had to walk on eggshells. Not sure if what you were doing was ok or not. No real training. The workload was nonsense. Seems as if you had to get your stuff done along with your bosses stuff.
Area Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 26, 2017
No work/family balance. Management would throw an employee under the bus to protect their job status. Bad moral. Great work, hard and challenging. Employees are the best part of the job.
very good company
Warehouse Loader (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 22, 2017
you work with a team to complete customer orders . team orientated environment so you can have a high spirited night with great competition from your co workers
I miss this job
Product Handler (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXMay 18, 2017
It was hard work and the mangers were horrible but the people you work with and the money is lovely. I learned how to bulk and conventional stack. The benefits was awesome.
My time at Silver Eagle
Product Handler 1 (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 8, 2017
A typical day of work would consist of first unloading the beer trucks first thing to start 3rd shift, then it's off to order picking using the automated order picking system on the wrist for about another 10-13 hours depending on if you're in bulk or front dock.
Pros
Pay, Team playing coworkers, benefits
Cons
Long hours, cut throat
Silver Eagle
Sales Driver (CDL) (Former Employee) –  Rosenberg, TXApril 25, 2017
Good place to make a decent living.
a great work place, awesome environment, but you bust your but day in and day out to make your money. Nothing is given everything is earned.
Great company to work for.
Route Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 24, 2017
Very team oriented, they provide the best equipment so everyone can get their job done. The company prides itself on having the best customer service.
great career
Route Driver (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 24, 2017
silver eagle is a great employer to make a career to better the family and make a great living . the benefits are so great for me and my family overall I give silver eagle a 110%.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Silver Eagle Distributors L.P.. Our community is ready to answer.

Silver Eagle Distributors L.P. Reviews by Location