Silver Eagle Distributors Employee Reviews

Fun
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Homestead, FLJune 9, 2015
Fun environment to work in, Promoting events every day, Great friends and coworkers. Learned a lot about the beer industry and its regulations.
Pros
exciting
Cons
sold franchise
don't expect to have much of a social life
Sales Specialist 1 (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 14, 2015
not enough pay for the amount work. lots of opportunity to move up but not enough pay for amount of work. able to work special events concerts spurs games.
Pros
opportunitys to move up
Cons
not enough pay
weather
Truck Driver/ Sales Rep - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Rosenberg, TXMay 5, 2015
Your day will go as good as the weather is. If you become a driver this company will pay for you to get your CDL. If on the trucks you will work alone or with one other person.
Pros
very little supervision
Cons
Hot weather and rain
Fast paced with high expectations for all employees
Field Key Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston TXApril 21, 2015
Worlds largest Anheuser Busch wholesaler ,with an additional brand portfolio that well exceeds 300 brands/packages. High expectations for their employees allowed me to thrive in this environment, by advancing into management. The beer industry is fast paced and extremely competitive, which helps make everyday new and exciting.
Pros
Fun and secure industry
Cons
Long days away from family and friends
sometimes fun and have some perks but a lot of workers are foregotten
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 9, 2015
pay isnt really good for all the hours you have to work. my salary is based off of 40hours yet i work at least 50+ hrs a week. a lot of politics and cut thoart environment. alot of management are stuck in old ways and old methods reason why numbers are down
place and facility was ok
Product Handler (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 23, 2014
it was OK the company and supervision could've been more professional toward the employees
STRAIGHT TORTURE
ORDER PULLER (Former Employee) –  HOUSTON, TXAugust 5, 2014
Please do not waste your time & consider this job unless you love to do some serious butt kissing and work 12+ hours with only ONE 45 minute break and constantly have fear your job will end at any moment. They tell you they will hire you but it is all a lie they use you and fire you for no apparent reason. I witnessed workers fired for simply not shaving, asking to take vacation after working 3 mos. probation time and being 1 minute late. I am not joking this is the Houston location on Washington Ave and I-10 PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE beware it is slavery. Someone seriously needs to investigate into this place!
Pros
nothing
Cons
14 hours & 1 45 minute break. snobbish management, disrespectful
Great work place to work for, understanding and well managed
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 22, 2014
A typical work for me is to build displays in different grocery chains, ensure products are full and fully restocked in beer cooler, and the proper rotation is done with multiple beer brands!
Avoid at all cost
Route Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TxMarch 9, 2014
This company only is focused on making $$ for the executives. Drivers are paid salary to avoid paying the overtime one would accumulate by working 14 hours day!! Look elsewhere!!
Challenging and rewarding workplace.
HR Generalist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 21, 2014
This is a stable and loyal company which in it's 27 years history has never laid anyone off. The work is challenging but rewards with promotion opportunities, good pay and great benefits. What I like most about Silver Eagle is my co-workers they are like family to me.
Pros
health and dental insurance, paid time off, pay and co-workers. the free beer during the holiday is always a good thing.
Cons
physical demanding work, but a good way to stay in shape.
Fast paced business with decent hours
Sales Rep.(Driver) (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXNovember 11, 2013
its a decent company to work for but don't expect to be there for more than ten years not many people last over a few years
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
long days without compensasion
Nice Experience
Special Event Intern (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 2, 2013
As a music lover and a media production major, working at Silver Eagle lets me get out into the entertainment world of things and observe the life of media events.
beware no smooth taste
driver (Former Employee) –  houstonJune 9, 2013
horrible place to work beware young folks this place is political no advancing unless you're an azz kisser with no education. . Choice is yours ..my experience was different then most people for this company no loyalty from management if you ever injury yourself they treat you like a old stuff animal they are going cut your pay lower then min wage until you quit or they termination your contract. Its a private company and they do whatever they want do to everyone drinks beer so its a lot of palm slapping and hand shaking etc. If you can get in office then its ok no money but fun.
Pros
free concert tickets if you know someone
Cons
everything about this place sucks !
Hard work, fast passed
HR Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 8, 2013
fast passed environment in most departments. friendly co workers. No down time.
fast paced
sales rep (Former Employee) –  houston, texasMay 7, 2013
beer sells in variuos accounts, on- premise and off-premise acount all over houston, worked various festivals and events all around houston
Pros
lunches
Cons
heat
Good place to work for great benefits and job security.
Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 16, 2013
I'll come in around 2:00 am and wait for the night crew to finish loading the delivery trucks and then if it's a Monday do a full count or if any other day do a cycle count of the warehouse inventory. I learned with this company on how to do audits from physical inventory to cash accounts and the plethora of beer that's in the world . Management is alright, just too many people don't to get their hands dirty and figure out what's actually going on. My co-workers are good people pretty close knit. The hardest part of my job was trying to find time to perform a full count on inventory with in a short amount of time we had. The most enjoyable part of my job was testing the new beer that came in before it hit the market.
Overtime and seems like a long term investment
forklift (Current Employee) –  texasMarch 19, 2013
People scared of overtime I see. U can't have good family time without a descent income of some sort now days. Seem like advancement is possible in the company.
Pros
overtime, good benfits, l
sid
Driver Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 31, 2013
salery is not enough for how much labor and time put into this job
Pros
stable hours and job
Cons
salery
Fun, stable and honest company where I can grow.
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rosenberg, TXAugust 26, 2012
My day consist of traveling to accounts to merchandise prduct to shelves, rotating and preselling. A great part of my job is customer service so sales is not a must. But, the sales experience is there. The hardest part of my job having to deal with all the egos from my customers. Although, with my customer servive experience I can accept, adapt to and appreciate every ego/attitude out there. The most enjoyable part of my day is getting along and laughing with all the different egos I had to adapt to. I'm a hard worker, friendly and great coworker. Smile on my face at all times.
Prepare to work
Driver and Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 12, 2012
Long nights and no family time- I liked the management, other employees were a bit snobbish. Got up at 4:30 got home around 10. Its very physical, which isnt a problem. I just wished i would have had more family time.