Silver Hill Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

World Renowed Substance Abuse and Medical Health Facility
Director of Health Sciences and Patients' Library (Former Employee) –  New Canaan, CTNovember 21, 2015
Completed a total reorganization of the existing library and established a full-service state-of-the-art Health Sciences Library and Business Information Center, managed staff, instituted and administered departmental operating budget.
Pros
Independence of thinking and introduction of new programs and services, and appreciation from patients, staff and management
Cons
Lack of appropriate budget and funds.
Great coworkers and patients
Psychiatric Technician (Current Employee) –  New Canaan, CTJune 21, 2015
I love the job, meeting new people from different backgrounds. I love caring for people. Its very clean, the food is great. I love 12 hour shifts- full time is 3 days on 4 days off. Administration takes advantage and is not very organized. Do not feel appreciated.
learning
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  New Canaan, CTJuly 13, 2015
I have learned alot over the years. Place to really learn and to help broaden your horizons. Place really to make a difference in someone life
Coordinated patient admissions to the hospital
Patient Liaison (Former Employee) –  New Canaan, CTDecember 29, 2013
Coordinated patient admissions to the hospital. This included: taking blood pressure, searching luggage and bags for contraband, collecting urine samples, taking copies of insurance information, collecting credit card data for advance payment, answering calls about openings at the hospital, and maintaining a welcoming lounge for incoming patients and their families.
Supervisor was rarely available.
Schedule changed weekly which caused difficulty when it often conflicted with school class schedule.
Co-workers were a bit proprietary over patients which disabled team work value.
adequate workplace
food service employee (Current Employee) –  New Canaan, CTNovember 24, 2014
Silver Hill hospital ( Unidine corporation )
A typical day is routine, management is adequate co-workers are good,the difficult part of my job is the repetion, the most enjoyable part of my job is complrting my job assignment.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no breaks
Excellent ongoing opportunity to hone my counseling skills in my own fashion.
Volunteer Group Leader (Current Employee) –  New Canaan, Conn.April 5, 2013
Volunteer Group Leader in the dual-diagnosis facility’s Detox, Adolescent and Men’s Transitional Living units, stressing behavioral and spiritual solutions supporting positive recovery outcomes. Selected for a small task force to launch the state’s first Chronic Pain Anonymous (CPA) chapter, a 12-Step adjunct to the hospital’s new Chronic Pain & Recovery Center.
Pros
freedom to conduct interpersonal group process without hospital guidelines or restraint, chance to work with co-occurring population.
Cons
no pay (volunteer), little chance of employment, since they limit to clinicians of lcsw training.
Productive work place
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  New Canaan, CTJune 4, 2013
Silver hill is a prestigious hospital. A typical day at work would consist of residential counseling duties and health and wellness duties. These included monitoring residents behavior, inputing daily data notes, and conducting wellness activities. I had wonderful coworkers who worked together and worked exceptionally hard. The most enjoyable part of the job was changing lives. Silver hill prides itself as being a top hospital.
Supportive and exciting work environment
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  New Canaan, CTFebruary 26, 2013
Silver Hill Hospital provides an exciting, high energy work environment that is constantly changing. You may never know what your day may bring but you will have the training and knowledgable co-workers to back you up. I learned the importance of good communication skills while at Silver Hill Hospital and how to effectively handle difficult situations to ensure patient safety. Skills I developed while working at the hospital include (but are not limited to) DBT training and skills coaching, 12 step, medication management, managing psych emergencies, CPR, communication skills, computer skills, and much more.
Great learning experience
Senior DBT Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  New Canaan, CTJanuary 6, 2013
Time management and how to remain grounded while being clinically effective for team members and clients. I have learned a lot about mental health patients and behavioral contingency management. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I observe small changes in patients and also growth of staff.
good work place
Catering/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  New Canaan, CTJune 8, 2014
a typical work day is to do everything that was shown to me .
I learned the food plan the way my employer requires
Management is above average, co-workers good.
no hard part to the job.
doing the job correctly.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short hours
Productive and valuable clinical experience
Inpatient Social Worker (Current Employee) –  New Canaan, CTNovember 18, 2013
My experience at Silver Hill Hospital as an inpatient social worker has provided me with the concrete clinical skills that would be valuable in working with diverse and challenging populations.
Positive and Educational work expeience
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  New Canaan, CTJanuary 18, 2015
Great job to work for and to learn. Great staff team, works closely
Unbelieveably beautiful location and shifts seem to just glide by.
Charge nurse/ medication nurse on acute care units (Former Employee) –  New Canaan, CTApril 8, 2013
Beautiful older buildings in heavily wooded country setting located in rural New Canaan, Ct. Beautiful crystal clear river passes through the middle of the campus and you cross an arched bridge to move to other hospital buildings located on this large acerage. Separate buildings house childrens psychiatric unit, adult dual-diagnosis unit, adult locked psychiatric unit, detox unit, long term live-in facility, library plus many buildings housing management, doctors offices, etc... Unbelieveably beautiful location in New England. Staffing was good with adequte support staff and shifts (tho 12 hours in length were very do-able) Co-workers were supportive and pleasant and I would love to return to this facility to work at some point in time. Management seemed to stay more in the background but response when needed.
Pros
extra shifts readily available if wanted.
Cons
i felt that some wealthy patients bought privleges that were unfair to others. money talked!
Mental health hospital
Development Intern (Former Employee) –  New Canaan, CTApril 9, 2013
I volunteered at Silver Hill Hospital for one summer, and got the chance to work with both doctors and patients. It was a very interesting experience
medical facility
Manager of Patient Accounts (Former Employee) –  New Canaan, CTJuly 1, 2013
Great treatment in beautiful setting
longstanding history of psychiatric and substance abuse treatment in private facility
Psychiatric Technician
Psychiatric Technician (Current Employee) –  New Canaan, CTMarch 9, 2013
There is no advancement for this position. Can be trying at times and turn around is high.