Silver Lake Resort Employee Reviews

unfair
Housekeeping inspector (Current Employee) –  7751 Black Lake Rd, Kissimmee, FL 34747March 10, 2017
They treat people unfair. They favor there own kind of people and give you all the work. They are very disrespectful. They are nice when they want to be.
Great place to stay and work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLFebruary 15, 2017
Work is great the place is beautiful and friendly, I have learned that there are employers who care about their workers, management is great. I really enjoy coming to work.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
good break time
Great company
Assistant Chief Engineer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 31, 2016
Silver Lakes was a great company where I gained a lot of management experience. I was in charge of a very large group of employees as well as the maintenance and operation of 2000+ unit and grounds of a very large property.
need better managment
Activities Director (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 5, 2016
working there is fun but if you have a problem with a co-worker managment will turn a blind eye and not handle it till it gets out of hand .they play favatisim on who they give a raise to . its a good place to work if you enjoy meeting new people but as far as drama its all for it .its a easy job
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
to much drama, mangement suck
fun and friendly
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJune 8, 2016
I loved my co-workers and manager. Everyone made it so easy to feel comfortable. All employees helped if I had questions and all were willing to show me how to do certain tasks.
Productive and fun place
Dispatcher/Inspector (Current Employee) –  7751 BLACK LAKE RDFebruary 29, 2016
I love working as a dispatcher / inspector at silver lake resort. I get to interact with others as well as meet new people. My work area was a very comfortable working environment and we are all like a big family. Helped each other out in through the good and the bad times.
Pros
Excellent work area, Co workers, Understanding
Cons
Not much pay, Healthcare benefits
Customer Rep
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  7751 Black Lake Rd, Kissimmee, FL 34747July 8, 2015
I have never had a job that the my co-workers we're like a family. This company was health working environment. I like the fact that I get working with many different type of individual with their culture. I learn a lot from those individual that I had encounter. I would like to work at a company where is everybody has self respect for themselves and others. Am a hard work and am willing to take on other jobs responsibility and learning new aspect of the company.
Very productive and responsable...
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLFebruary 14, 2015
I was responsible for leading, training and supervising Room Attendants and Housepersons in the hotel. focus, and resilience of our guests while focusing on exceptional service and genuine comfort.
A great place to work with a lot of nice people around.
WELCOME CENTER REP (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLAugust 19, 2014
Was doing a lot of data entry daily as well as check ins co workers were fun management was good .It was a all around good work atmosphere
Pros
Some free time
Cons
No lunch room
Camp Host and night watchman (Former Employee) –  Silver Lake, WAMarch 3, 2014
All of the co-workers were easy to get along with and were pleasant. There was no hard part to this job. The most enjoyable part of the ability to go bass fishing every day. A typical day at work was greeting guests, helping them park, answering their questions and making them feel at home. At 10 Pm I went out and walked the park to make sure everything was locked up and everyone was obeying the quiet time.
Pros
Weather and atmosphere
Cons
Lots of kids at times
Productive and fun place to work
Front desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 19, 2013
A typical day at work would be depending on the week day or weekend. The weekday it will be slow and the weeknds will be non stop fast pace.
I learned that when you come to work, get to work.
My management was very flexible with me.
Co-Workers all got along with me, no beef with anyone.
The hardest part of the job was saying good and quiting due to life circumstances.
The most enjoyable part of the job was how much we laughed and worked as a team.
Pros
Free lunches, rewards, comment cards
Cons
No set schedule and short staff
sales represenative
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJanuary 31, 2013
Customer service and sales, guest services for guest with time share questions. Met standards and quota
Good opportunity for my internship
Activities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 16, 2012
It was part of my internship, and it was very rewarding. I was able to coordinate schedules, manage the calendar of activities, and get my first experience in management.
Pros
it was very fun
Cons
the internship ended
Very past paced occupation, with opportunities to advance and great benefits
Employment History Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLNovember 7, 2012
Very fun place to work, all staff were very enthusiactic and you create a bond with our guests that come for the first time or with the owners who come every year at the same time. The hardest part of the job is making everyone happy, working at the front desk their are things we can allow and things that we cannot allow and sometimes as much as we want to bend the rules we cannot. The most enjoyable part of the job is the amount of new people you meet and the affect you have on someones vacation. It's always a great feeling when you make someones day better with just a simple smile, or greeting.
Pros
great benefits, and opportunities for promotions
Cons
short breaks and on your feet all day
Loved IT
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Silverlake, WAMay 30, 2012
Loved working for myself. It was a great business to run. Sold business so I am no longer there.
Working at Silver Lake was like working with family.
Owner Referal Manager (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLMay 22, 2012
Silver Lake Resort was more than just a job. It's one of the best places to work for and I would recommend the resort to anyone for employment or education. The only down fall was when the economy was low and departments were laid off.
Pros
very personal and friendly overall environment.
Cons
can't think of any.