Silver Slipper Casino Employee Reviews

Casino
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Bay Saint Louis, MSSeptember 22, 2017
Friendly People never a dull moment, I got to use my knowledge a lot more of what I learned at Crescent City of Bartending. Management is a Good Management team. It is old school classic rock music and live bands every weekend. It's a fast pace Casino and sometimes its complicated to keep up with all the orders going out. what I enjoyed most about the Silver Slipper was the E.D.R.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Short Breaks
Great workplace
Buffet hostess (Former Employee) –  Bay Saint Louis MississippiSeptember 6, 2017
I absolutely loved working at the Silver Slipper I honestly have no complaints great teamwork amazing management and loyal customers. They provide you with great accommodations to each and every shift
Pros
Good hours
Cons
No-fault system
Fun place to work but some of the expectations were unrealistic
Cage Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bay Saint Louis, MSJune 15, 2017
I was never guaranteed 8 hours, if we weren't busy I was sent home. It was very hard to pay bills when you don't know how much your paycheck would be.
Best job
Line Attendant (Former Employee) –  Bay St. Louis, MSMay 23, 2017
I love working in food and beverage industry. It's fast paced, you meet new people, team work is priceless. The casino industry is awesome only down fall is point system.
Pros
Good pay & team work
Cons
Points
Fun work place and nice co-workers
Table Games Dealer (Current Employee) –  Bay Saint Louis, MSApril 23, 2017
Everyone was so nice when I started. They welcomed me with open arms. They were helpful with the games that I didn't know and it is easy to get around.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Exciting place to work
Palm Court Cashier & Server (Former Employee) –  Bay Saint Louis, MSJanuary 25, 2017
There is never a dull moment when working in the casino. The customers a pleasant and a joy to be around. Being able to multitask is a must. I learned to always look at the brighter side of things.
Gained experience in casino maintenance environment
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Bay Saint Louis, MSNovember 3, 2016
Was very competent to handle any task placed before me. Was a diligent workplace that required a variety of daily procedures that kept the job interesting.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Temporary position
Security has got to get better
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Bay Saint Louis, MSSeptember 26, 2016
The job itself is okay but the standing in one spot for 8 hours is rough. You aren't allowed to chew gum or drink water while on the floor and the point system is ridiculous. My co-workers and security supervisors were great but the casino as a whole, does not care about their employees at all. Cannot leave your post to render first aid, if needed. The pay is LOW and the benefits are terrible. Gaming badge is $125.00. Definitely not worth my time, money or energy.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Standing, management, Low pay, terrible benefits.
exciting
Table Games Dealer (Current Employee) –  Bay Saint Louis, MSSeptember 13, 2016
fast paced in a diversity of environment. move up the ladder quickly ability to transfer departments and learn all aspects of the casino. fee lunches.
very fun place to work
Slot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Waveland, MSJuly 13, 2016
I liked working for the silver slipper casino, I worked hard and did everything that was expected of me. I also helped my coworkers with various tasks. I learned alot about the casino industry, made some new friends, and learned some valuable skills. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping people, meeting new people, and getting a sense of accomplishment out of solving problems for people. The hardest part of my job was, not being treated fairly, by this I mean doing all my work and then having to go and help others that were not doing their work because of socializing, or just plain lazy.
fun place
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Bay St. Louis, MSJuly 12, 2016
Nice place to work with friendly people and good atmosphere and air conditioning. I typically worked the swing shift. The hardest part of the job was standing for 8 hours but moving around helped out a lot.
Pros
free meals nice people
very nice place
Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Waveland, MSJune 26, 2016
the co workers was wonderful to work with and the managers meeting new people was always a good thing. the hardest part was the long hours. the most enjoyable part of the job was the joking around that made the time go by faster we was a true family at this job.
Fun place to work that cares about employees.
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Waveland, MSJanuary 7, 2016
Limited opportunities for advancement, and small management team makes the place a great place to work and feel that your voice is heard.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Expensive Health Insurance
Fun place to work
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  MississippiOctober 19, 2015
Family oriented, fun working there. Employees always speak to you with a smile and just makes an overall good atmosphere.
Productive and fast pace work place
System Technician (Current Employee) –  AdministrationJuly 31, 2015
On a typical day I am answering trouble calls and remote accessing computers with problems and helping other employees do their daily duties or fixing application hangs and such unless we have to physically fix a hardware problem and I have to go to the problem and fix it. We seem to always have some sort of project going on. We relocate departments as they grow and need more space. I maintain and troubleshoot switches and networking issues as they come up. Slot department depends on us to run and terminate Cat6 or Cat5 cables and troubleshoot networking issues as needed to maintain full functioning slot machines. We just opened a hotel and now we support 128 more analog phones, Televisions, Directv receivers, coaxial cable and WIFI. We manage a Sonic Wall network structure for the hotel and a separate Sonic Wall network for the corporate structure. We have multiple T1's for wide area progressives and an offsite HR department and warehouse. When we first opened the doors, we used PosiTouch for our restaurants and I managed the back end and created users and setup payment methods, troubleshoot issues with VDU's and any other glitches that came up. We upgraded to Micros and for a few years our company built and managed a fine dining restaurant in another city using Micros 3700 system. At the casino we use Micros 9700 system and are about to upgrade to Simphony. We have a fine dining restaurant, a buffet, sandwich restaurant, retail and casino bars that have Micros terminals and printers that I maintain. Our entire department has always been four people. Director, Manager, small  more... programmer and a technician. We all had full access to every system and all files on the corporate network until we went public. Now I do not have access to ADP as it is a conflict of interest but, still have full administrator access to everything else. I locked down and structured the easy labor side of our ADP payroll system so that managers have their own logins and access to their own employees and the same for directors. Before I did that, there were four logins and they all had the same access. Really, anything that comes up, we are on it until it is resolved.  less
Pros
Free lunches, comping at the food outlets on special occasions and healthcare
Cons
we are 24 hours and have to be available 7 days a week
fast pace
Preparatory/Cook (Current Employee) –  Bay Saint Louis, MSJuly 9, 2015
Wednesday through Friday are the laid back steady days Friday through Sunday are the fast pace high level days. Wednesday through Friday we usually server 150 to 200 people Saturday an Sunday are 200 to 250 people.
Awesome place to work. Everyday was better than the last!
Surveillance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bay Saint Louis, MSApril 16, 2015
Silver Slipper was the first land based casino on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. It is also the best. The best place to go as a patron and the best place to go as an employee.
Pros
Great place to work!
Cons
Can't think of any.
Need better supervision
Maintenance Tech (Former Employee) –  Bay Saint Louis, MSFebruary 9, 2015
I'd like to take this times and say "no commit" the supervision need inproving of like 80%, if somthing is reported it shouldnt cause problem, the problem needs to be fixed...
fun work place
Count Team Lead (Former Employee) –  wavland ms 39576January 7, 2015
The typical day at work was just doing what need to be done. I learn how to the casino work is done.Management is not a others jobs you have more management to deal with.I work good with my co-workers.The hardest part of the job was the hours we went in at 2am work till we were done Doing something different from i did.
enjoyable work enviorment
Dishwasher/Line Attendant/Chef (Former Employee) –  Bay Saint Louis, MSDecember 29, 2014
I washed dishes and kept the line clean and replaced food. I perfected some cooking skills. Everyone really got along great. The hardest part was not eating the food and taking out the trash because it was A LOT. The great work enviornment and cooking food was what I loved while working there.
Pros
great food.