Silver Spring Networks Employee Reviews

Casual stress free workplace
Technical Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAApril 6, 2016
Personally I enjoyed coming into work early, and taking advantage of the gym. Normally I would go into work at 7am or so, although it was a very flexible workplace. So long as you didn't have to be in a meeting you could come in whenever you wanted as long as you consistently finished your work on time. The management and my coworkers were very easy to get along with. The one issue I had trouble with was communication within the company. I often was frustrated as when I needed something no one was able to tell me definitively who I needed to talk to or go to. The lunches that were provided were always top notch. Also they provided a laptop for work, which was great.
Pros
Free Lunch, Casual
Cons
Communication
Fun work place
Sr. UI/Web Developer (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CADecember 3, 2015
good happy place to work, learned very important technologies,
Seniors are very helpful, supportive management and team leaders
Great Company and Management
NPI Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CAApril 12, 2014
It is certainly not perfect anywhere but this is a great company and a management team. Very happy here and recommend
Pros
great products. great management. nice perks and vacation policy
Cons
we do run like a hybrid...both a startup and a "real" company. understand why but it causes issues
A fun company the second time around :)
FP&A Analyst (Current Employee) –  Redwood CityJune 11, 2015
SSN is a great place to work, unless you are working with the right people.

The work/life balance is wonderful this is truly a must in this day and age, it keeps the employees happy, especially the children of employees, they are welcomed whole heartedly (as long as the child is respectful).

Our team is hard working and enjoys each other, no one is threatened with each others job, we learn from each other and help each other to get our jobs done.

I came into my job with no documentation and no one to ask questions to, this was the downfall of the job, but to me it was a challenge and I succeeded in mastering the position.

The daily lunches are ok - sometimes great, but just ok, the snacks are ok, also but it's something for the employee perk.

I enjoyed this company because it gave me challenges, which it gave me excitement everyday and the feeling that I have accomplished something daily.

As for Management depending on what department and who you report to makes the difference and the quality of life for the employee, but for me I loved it.
Pros
Work/Life balance is wonderful
Cons
Depending on the daily comute, it can take a long time to get to work and the same for the drive home
It rocked the smart grid
Sr. Eng. NPI Technician (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAJuly 29, 2013
Awsome , Miss it. I don't miss the commute

Miss the people and culture the company had.
Wish I was still there, kinda job that you knew your product was making a positive change for the world.
Pros
free lunch daily, benefits, people and cluture
Cons
commute
Good balance of work/life management, but poor management
SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CAOctober 30, 2012
Good people, bad management.
Poor communication to employees.
Lots of finger pointing between people and departments.
funplace
HW quality/Compliance engineer (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CASeptember 8, 2014
nice place to work
free lunch work life balance
industry is not typical
Pros
free lunch

4.3