Silver Spring Networks

Silver Spring Networks Employee Reviews

A fun company the second time around :)
FP&A Analyst (Current Employee), Redwood CityJune 11, 2015
Pros: Work/Life balance is wonderful
Cons: Depending on the daily comute, it can take a long time to get to work and the same for the drive home
SSN is a great place to work, unless you are working with the right people.

The work/life balance is wonderful this is truly a must in this day and age, it keeps the employees happy, especially the children of employees, they are welcomed whole heartedly (as long as the child is respectful).

Our team is hard working and enjoys each other, no one is threatened with each others job, we learn from each other and help each other to get our jobs done.

I came into my job with no documentation and no one to ask questions to, this was the downfall of the job, but to me it was a challenge and I succeeded in mastering the position.

The daily lunches are ok - sometimes great, but just ok, the snacks are ok, also but it's something for the employee perk.

I enjoyed this company because it gave me challenges, which it gave me excitement everyday and the feeling that I have accomplished something daily.

As for Management depending on what department and who you report to makes the difference and the quality of life for the employee, but for me I loved it.
funplace
HW quality/Compliance engineer (Current Employee), Redwood City, CASeptember 8, 2014
Pros: free lunch
nice place to work
free lunch work life balance
industry is not typical
Great Company and Management
NPI Program Manager (Current Employee), Redwood City, CAApril 12, 2014
Pros: great products. great management. nice perks and vacation policy
Cons: we do run like a hybrid...both a startup and a "real" company. understand why but it causes issues
It is certainly not perfect anywhere but this is a great company and a management team. Very happy here and recommend
It rocked the smart grid
Sr. Eng. NPI Technician (Former Employee), Redwood City, CAJuly 29, 2013
Pros: free lunch daily, benefits, people and cluture
Cons: commute
Awsome , Miss it. I don't miss the commute

Miss the people and culture the company had.
Wish I was still there, kinda job that you knew your product was making a positive change for the world.