Silver Star Brands Employee Reviews

Terrible...Run
Sales (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WINovember 3, 2017
Don't even think of applying for a job here. Management is fake. There's nothing positive here whatsoever. I would never recommend this company to anyone. They hire anyone as long as you have a pulse and can even be fired from Walmart.
Constant Movement
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIOctober 12, 2017
Running from side to side grabbing products or boxes off the line while maintaining a strict production mark.
I learned that many places need hard workers because not everyone can do the job as intended.
Management needs improving to help the company reach its true potential.
the Hardest part of the job is the constant stress on the body and sometimes the mind.
I greatly enjoy most of my fellow co workers.
Pros
the fun employees that work there
Cons
poor management & dictator ship
disfunction and ineptitude
Senior Network & Security Engineer (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIOctober 2, 2017
Silver Star Brands is an online retailer in the process of outsourcing all IT functionality. Management puts money into paper catalog and marketing while Information Technology remains necessary evil.
Pros
direct manager was excellent, good life work balance
Cons
poor management in HR, C-level
Overall Good
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIJune 23, 2017
The company, workplace atmosphere, and personnel are all wonderful. The management team is knowledgeable, and will provide you with the tools for advancement. The company is currently making a change that is affecting many people in the worst of ways, cutting of hours.
Worker
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIJune 12, 2017
Most of the co-workers are nosey and can't keep things to themselves.
Perception of some individuals are taken as fact by the management instead of the actual facts.
Not much room for advancement.
Fun place to work
Personalization Operator (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIMay 13, 2017
Rewarding work, but pay is low and they do not offer full time work.
Great people in the work force. Hours depend on the orders placed and the hour restrictions.
Pros
Wellness activities, healthcare
Cons
Not many full time opportunities.
Terrible work ethics and system
Call center Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIMarch 29, 2017
Of all places, Silver Star brands is by far one of the worst places I have worked. I dont mind call centers, but the way that this company runs their system is absolutely horrible and unfair to their employees. The management team were not supportive at all and were very condescending whenever associates did not meet our quota. We were expected to end calls if we went over our "time limit" with a customer. They really do not care about quality of work, rather, they cared more about quantity. Keep in mind, majority of our customers were the elderly who had hard times reading and speaking which took up most of our time, an average of 10 minutes, but Silver Star Brands expected under 2 minutes per customer. Not to mention, their lack or remorse or understanding of life when sick or ill or family related emergencies. They expected associates to pick the call center before anything else. Terrible company and management!
Nice place to work
Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIMarch 1, 2017
This is a good job if you are looking for something stable and have positive people to train you. There were many fun perks about working here and you could always take overtime if you wanted to have a little extra cash.
Its a job
Corporate (Former Employee) –  WisconsinFebruary 7, 2017
Constantly talked to about issues other people were engaged in. Felt uncomfortable at times due to the department I worked in. Other than that it was an okay place to work.
The job was fun and fast paced
packager (Former Employee) –  oshkoshOctober 22, 2016
Overall I liked the work and how well we were trained. There was always a goal to work towards and I felt like I always exceeded those goals. If the job wasn't seasonal I would probably still work there.

Want to know more about Silver Star Brands?

Ask a question
ok
Assistant Buyer (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WISeptember 21, 2016
An ok place to work. A lot of people are very seasoned and stuck in their ways. There is little room for change or adapting. It didn't turn out to be a place I could advance in.
They always laying the good people off
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIJuly 25, 2016
They always laying the good people off I never missed a day at that place & after I was working there over a year they designed to lay me off for no reason they have there employees working long hours never listen to there employees at all
Very relaxing place to work and feel comfortable
Call Center Rep. (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIApril 4, 2016
Great place to work for. I liked getting to know others that I worked with and also talking to customers all over the states.
Great co-workers
Hand Painter (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIMarch 2, 2016
It's easy to make friends there, there's monthly safety quizzes to earn safety tickets that you can use in exchange for prizes, book exchange shelf in the lunch room
I am a very hard worker and I'm motivated
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIFebruary 16, 2016
I have learned to be a people person. Talk on the phone, type on the computer, and fix problems at the same time. I always get along with my co-workers.The hardest job I had was when I was working at Charter with the multi tasking and it was the first I did that and succeded.
Picker (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIJanuary 10, 2016
If you are looking for something that is fast paced with an extremely friendly work environment this is the place for you. I loved working here for the time I did during the seasonal rush
Pros
flexible schedule great management fun work fast paced
Cons
on your feet all day, don't always get the hours you are signed up for
Review follows.
I am ready to work (Current Employee) –  It's up too the job associate.November 27, 2015
A place with style and class would fit this place. I would add to the mixture and seeing what transpires would top off the job. It is very hard to manage a situation without knowing of it. A typical day of work would include those I worked with and these people would be who they are. I don't know that I would return from the job with happiness spread over my face but I would return the next due time and see if the situation exists.
Pros
Allow me to be who I am.
Cons
Have me set up a job format prior to seeing my boss.
Nice work environment
Product Planning Intern (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WINovember 16, 2015
I enjoyed my internship. I learned a lot and I think I positively contributed to the company. My manager was great, co-workers were great, I enjoyed going into the office every day.
Fun work place with supportive management
QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  WisconsinSeptember 11, 2015
Manager very supportive and IT team very helpful...Decent amount of politics, but this is expected of a big company. Other departments went out of their way to answer any questions.
Overall great company to work for.
Enjoyed customer service and sales on a daily basis.
Sales and Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIJuly 16, 2015
Receiving inbound calls from customers, placing their orders and answering questions. Verifying their personal information, taking payments over the phone, problem solving, transferring calls, knowledge of computer programs, and having top sales performance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Silver Star Brands. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9