Silverado Hospice Employee Reviews

wonderful support and company culture
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 10, 2017
Wonderful place to work, great team atmosphere. Management is helpful and supportive. Great company culture and philosophy. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the weather and driving all day. I love the patients and families I work with.
RN Case Manager Hospice (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 28, 2017
Hard to balance work life balance at times. Administer does nothing while everyone else runs the company. no help from upper management when it counts but they sure love to collect the bonus checks
Pros
rewarding
Cons
hours
Silverado is a great place to work
Volunteer Coordinator, Chaplain, (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAMay 18, 2017
I enjoyed working at Silverado. The pay was great at $25 per hour plus benefits. Much of the time we didn't have a supervisor which made things a lot easier. When supervisors did come around they generally interfered with our work. They each would fire someone and hire someone as if that was something required by the higher ups. There was one supervisor, though, that was really good, but he only lasted a few months, maybe because he didn't fire someone. So there was always a lot of turn over. There was a person who wanted my position and offered to be paid only $15 an hour instead of 25 and one day I was let go, and the next day she was in my seat. That's what happens when there is no loyalty.
Pros
Silverado is an expert in memory care.
Cons
Too much turn over, especially of managers.
Decent place to work
Hospice Consultant/ Contractor (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 16, 2017
This company currently has been going through many lay off's. The company has a good structure but aren't doing anything to improve employee moral or engage new opporunities to keep the brand fresh and the best in the industry.
Pros
bring your dogs to work
Cons
micromanagement
Na
Admission Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 16, 2017
There is nothing bad that I can say about Silverado, everybody appears to be friendly and well educated in the position that they work. The atmosphere is very professional and happy.
Very unorganized company.
Medical Records Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Murray, UTMay 10, 2017
This company was very poorly managed which made it hard for me to do my job. Medical Records are very important when running any sort of medical based company. While the nurses were very kind and great at their job, management made it harder on everyone.
One of the worst hospice jobs i have ever had
nurse (Former Employee) –  AustinApril 29, 2017
Management is unknowledgeable and kind of crabby at times. They do not honor what they say they are going to do. All about revenue and patient census Employees unkind to each other.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Not much else
Silverado Hospice
Patient Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 11, 2016
This would have been my dream job if given the opportunity to shine. I was hired at a very chaotic time. They were changing over to a new computer program and all I did was take tests the entire time I was there. I had to learn 2 computer programs in a very short time.I felt it almost impossible to meet their expectations in such a short amount of time. Overall the company is well staffed and professional.
I have worked with this company for the last few years and I love what its stands for.
Liaison (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXJuly 24, 2016
I truly believe what Silverado provide to each family is valuable and needed. There is a lot of companies out there but none are as honest and caring as Silverado
POOR management at Hospice
Hospice Nurse (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 10, 2016
I prematurely wrote a good review after only 2 months of starting at Silverado. I also ignored the bad reviews and red flags that this company puts on a good front but once behind the curtain the reality is nothing like what they promise and promote!! Thought I had found my dream job and would have never left but things finally got so bad it was time to exit. As time went by all the good people kept leaving and the replacements just kept getting worse and worse.
Pros
Compensation good, patient in one location
Cons
Administration / management very dysfunctional
Productive and fun work place
Medical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 4, 2016
Great teamwork. Well organized. Enjoyed the company and the patient's I worked for. Supportive environment. A typical day at work would be seeing between 4-6 patients. I gained experience in interpersonal skills, leadership, and management.
Good pay, horrible managment
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 26, 2016
Most unstable work environment EVER! Upper management is a revolving door of poor leadership playing High School games. Nurses and CNA's are given double the case load.This big corporate entity is really good at marketing an image of excellence, values and genuine caring but fails to execute its Love>Fear beyond propaganda. And while the compensation was very attractive, in the end higher pay was not worth it. Only writing this to expose the reality because they are really good at putting on an impressive front/. I really regret leaving my former job
Pros
Pays well
Cons
Extremely poor management
Love working here
LVN/LPN (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 2, 2015
Love is greater than fear, is the motto there....definitely felt loved by all working here. Love doing hospice and feel it is my calling.
Pros
loving environment
Cons
too many miles put on my car even tho mileage paid
Its not about patient care anymore
Business Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin. TXOctober 20, 2015
The focus of the company has changed in the two years I was there. It went from being all about patient care to being all about census and revenue. Yes, I do understand it is a business. But you need to draw the line when you are trying to force your staff to admit patients who were admitted to the hospital and died a short time later.
Good Place to work
TRIAGE RN (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CASeptember 10, 2015
Compassionate nurses and MD's. I found management supportive.
We had staff meetings with all team members and there was good
communication. Good company organization.
Pros
Good commuication
Wonderful Experience
Certified nursing assistant/Hospice Aide (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 6, 2015
I started with the hospice company, which at the time was a new start up company. The staff gave me a chance with no experience in the field and taught me so much. As we grew, I continued to only experience great things. The management team that started with me all progressed and moved into higher roles within the company. I felt very comfortable there and everyone got along and made the place fell whole and together as a team, we were great! One of the best experiences I have ever had, I really felt like the company cared.
Pros
Caring staff and everyone was proficient in their jobs
Cons
Alot of management changes and no time for training
Typical Corporation. However, they want to believe they are more special than other Hospice Companies.
Spiritual Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 11, 2015
The owners have a nice philosophy. However it does not trickle down to the mid and lower management beyond lip service. Dog eat dog environment like every other corporation. All about the numbers. I did have lovely co-workers though.
Loved doing the job
HOSPICE LIAISON (Former Employee) –  north/central and south Orange County areasJanuary 14, 2015
This company had an interesting situation. When I took the position the nursing team was not in sync with the sales force, and they for some reason (politics) didn't want to. I nevertheless, always worked very well with any and all nursing staff to coordinate a patient discharge. It's really essential that the two departments act as one, and management should have seen that this was the case. However, the time that I spent there was wonderful due to the actual work I performed.
Pros
Great to work closely with physicians and families.
Cons
Dis-jointed nursing and sales team.
Compassionate place to work
Human Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  HoustonJanuary 12, 2015
This organization was great in putting patients and families first. We had a cohesive team. I was responsible for the entire administrative team and making sure the organization remained operational.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Lay offs
Silverado Hospice played a very high roal in my lifes gold. Etc
Volunteer Coordinator / Transitions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, Texas 77069May 21, 2014
My day on a daily was helping patients and family through the end of lifer trasition.
Pros
Cons
2 for the day breaks