Silverado Senior Living

Silverado Senior Living Employee Reviews in United States

much FEAR > no love (Hospice)
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 24, 2016
Most unstable work environment EVER! - Hospice division Austin Texas. Upper management is a revolving door. This big corporate entity is really good at marketing an image of excellence, values and genuine caring but fails to execute. The philosophy of Love>Fear and watching Silverado videos led me to apply cause it looked like a company that "walked the talk" but much to my dismay it was propaganda and the reality was the exact opposite. And while the compensation was very attractive, in the end higher pay was not worth it. Only writing this to hopefully save someone from making the same mistake as me.
Pros
Pay
Cons
terrible management
Wonderful concept, poor execution to produce conceptual results
leadership (Former Employee) –  TexasDecember 26, 2015
The cultural promise of love being greater than fear is an incredible concept, which is promoted as one of the principles of the organization. The founders of the organization were on target with the mindset that creating positive work environments promotes superior care. The Administrator performed daily routine based on fear and insecurity.
The support from corporate and regional leadership is a mirage when significant concerns are raised. While I do not intend to imply that the workplace was bad (because the community was wonderful), the reality is that when reporting concerns, you are indeed an island to yourself and the support is not there.
Orientation was provided for one day and the leadership team was amazed when every aspect of the job was not done to perfection within the first 90 days. All requests for further training and explanations of processes were denied by the Administrator.
Pros
Wonderful associates and residents; good philosophy of care
Cons
Very poor support system
family originated and fun
traide (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 6, 2016
a day at work for me went quick there so much to do you loose track of time.but i learned a lot working here especially how to interact with people with dementia.its such a sad thing but they will leave you smiling. management wasn't always fair they did show favoritism most of the time. my coworkers were great to work with we treated each other just like family.the hardest part of the job was probley washing the dishes think about how you will feel if you had to wash dishes for about 100 people.the part that i enjoyed the most was the residents because even when you having a bad day the are guaranteed to make you smile and it works both way.
Pros
great cook, good pay
Cons
management needs some improvement
Amazing culture
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Peoria, AZMarch 3, 2016
The culture of the company is amazing and truly one of a kind. The workplace can be fun at times. The negatives are the management has unrealistic expectations for those who excel at their job
Pros
free meals if there are leftovers after the residents eat
Cons
poor management
Company's culture and overall philosophy is great for families and residents. However, this culture and philosphy does not apply to associates.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Azusa, CAApril 21, 2016
Associates work very hard and this work is not appreciated, recognized, nor is the compensation worthy of this hard work. Administrators have the freedom to run their communities however they wish but unfortunately, they will never take responsibility and will throw any associate under the bus in order to not be held accountable. The families, residents, and associates are great, but something needs to be looked into when it comes to administrators. Where is Silverado finding these people? They are not in the business of caring, but are in the business of making money. This is their downfall.
Fear>Love
Resident Engagement Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Belmont, CAApril 11, 2016
This position is a wonderful opportunity for those seeking to bond with residents. Unfortunately, the current director is horribly unorganized and unwilling to help the other engagement coordinators.

Co-workers are AMAZING! it is very visible that the caregivers and nurses there are sincerely there to love on the residents. The most enjoyable part of the job was working harmoniously with the caregivers and select other staff who were truly there to make a difference in the lives of the elderly. However, the same cannot be said for the management who tends to be on their own selfish agendas.
Pros
co-workers, residents enjoyment
Cons
short breaks, forced into other positions, poor management, no HR presence, poor planning skills from director
Worst company ever
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Brookfield, WIJune 3, 2016
The company is so unorganized . From the upper management on down . Orentation was horrible they kinda just threw you on the floor without proper training . They don't care about you not do they recognize employee hard work . You can't talk to them about anything without getting fired . The upper management is so disrespectful they talk to the employers like kids . Too me I just seen that the company was money hungry I wouldn't dare put my family in there . I seen so many good worker get walked out the door like prisoner . They don't care about your health . They change the schedule to where u work every weekend with one weekend off in a month . They lie to there employers about bounes added to check also so many times working there my checks was always short. They always had to fix it .it was new rules everyday . Nothing was set all the residents are combative and they don't inforce meals . And you can bring your kids to work with u but many people kids got hit by residents and they did nothing -Silverado in Brookfield wi
Pros
Pay
Cons
Short breaks
Wonderful co-workers - out of touch management
RN (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 13, 2015
Nurses are fundamentally givers. This company takes advantage of that. Love love love the work, co-workers and patients, but can't continue to sacrifice everything else in my life to do this job. Too much work expected and not enough time to do it. When you speak up you are made to feel like YOU are doing something wrong. Hope that one day management realizes how many amazing, hard working employees have left due to burn out...very sad.
Pros
Lovely coworkers
Cons
Too much work expected and not enough time to do it
Small company that grew too fast
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 24, 2015
My responsibilities in this position grew throughout the years I worked there and I enjoyed the challenges. I supported at least eight different executives while there because of the turn-over on the executive team. Otherwise I enjoyed my position and my felt accomplished.
Pros
Salary, location
Cons
Turn-over
Different
Resident Engagement Assistant, (Current Employee) –  Morton Grove, ILFebruary 1, 2016
The Morton groove is nothing like the other locations of Lake Zurich , Highland Park or Naperville. They have a lot to work on before they reach there standards
Pros
nothing
Silverado Senior Living Culture
Administrative Assistant/ Resident Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILAugust 3, 2015
The Silverado Senior Living Culture is amazing. Residents come to the Community that would otherwise be limited regarding their quality of life and find an amazing quality of life. They find a place to call home and an environment that they and their behaviors that come with Alzheimer's are completely acceptable and welcomed. The Healthcare staff is amazing and extremely dedicated. Each Resident is given the opportunity to engage in activities that fit their abilities. I had the privilege of greeting and Coordinating appointments for the Residents and their Family Members so I interacted with the Residents all day everyday. It was my pleasure to do so.
Pros
A quality environment for the Residents.
Cons
The Support Staff needs to take more interest in the Residents as well.
Fair place to work in
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 14, 2015
I was not happy with how the Assistant director manages. She told me that work should be the priority than family. She wrote me up of an incident that happened 4 months ago (and she had an approval of at that time when I have to pick up my daughter who was in 6th grade because of a shooting incident in their school). That's the main reason I quit the job. She is very uncompassionate to other people.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Uncompassionate management to the staff
very loving enviroment
housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIFebruary 25, 2016
wish it could have lasted there for me, everyone one was so nice easy to get along with and the residenece made coming to work worth your wild
Not a nice place to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 4, 2015
It wasn"t a very good place to work to much back stabbing and lies going around. They would write you up at a drop of a hat. I hated going to work the management was bad. The hardest part of the job was having to pretend to like it,I couldn't wait until it was time to check out.
Pros
Nice residents
Cons
Backstabbing & lies
Do not waste/invest time in this company
Scheduling Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 6, 2013
I honestly am not sure how this company has not been sued for wrongful terminations. The San Diego office is run by a measley office manager who makes all the executive decisions, when her job is to make sure the office is well stocked and the benefits and payroll are entered correctly. If she does not like you or you stand up for your self, do not take a schedule, or ask to make changes, she is looking to fire you. Although there is an Administrator and Geriatric Care Manager, they all look to her for approval. This entire office has no back bone and in reality she should have been fired a long time ago when the previous Administrator was let go. The office manager will find a way to have you fired. She finds just the right wording to make sure there is no trouble and the home office helps her. I have seen it first hand. She will ponder until she finds a legal reason to fire you. I do believe life makes many turns. Good luck if you decide to waste you time here.
Pros
benefits/although barely affordable
Cons
the way the business is run

Comment – July 16, 2013

What is the pay range for the schedulers at this company?

Productive and professional workplace
CNA/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILJuly 27, 2015
Fun workplace where you never know what kind of day you are going to get. It can be an easy relaxing day when the residents are okay and calm, but it can easily turn around when residents start acting up. Overall everyone is great, and we all work together to get the job done right.
Pros
Free snacks, good benefits, good pay
Cons
Schedule conflicts
Productive but stagnant
PA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 16, 2015
Company is not as supportive of their employee in terms of growth and career advancement. Employees at the office have lack of communication skills in providing staff scheduling. The job gets boring at some point where you keep doing the same job description over and over.
Pros
Flexible time off
Cons
Not progressive in terms of career advancement
comfort care
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAJanuary 2, 2016
team oriented focused on delivering innovative solutions that meet and
exceed expectations of most importance our patients and family
Family like
Regional Director of Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  CAMay 5, 2015
Silverado is a solid place to work with an incredible executive team. They truly believe in having a good work/life balance.
Dishonest Managemnt
Doesnt matter (Former Employee) –  Arvada, COMay 12, 2014
Let's put it this way anyone who does not agree with the DHS or Administrators will surely be fired. They fired all of management with the exception of three people (10+) including staff that actually care about the staff and residents. The only management left are stepford wives to the unethical people at the top. This includes a higher up at the corporate office who foolishly ignored complaints and a hostile work environment that was clearly exposed. Shame on all of you for allowing this companies reputation and quality of care to be dismantled. I have never in all my years seen more dysfunction and lack of compassion in leadership!
Pros
the residents-they are amazing as well as the hardworking staff
Cons
all of management-unethical & dishonest

2.9