Silverado Senior Living

Silverado Senior Living Employer Reviews

HORRIBLE AND UNTRUSTWORTHY
MANAGEMENT (Former Employee), LAKE ZURICHMay 31, 2014
Pros: residents and pets
Cons: everything else
The company does not practice what they preach!! No open door policy with directors, communication goes on hearsay and you are out if they believe something even if it not true. Director has favorites, no sense of humor, no life outside of work and is quick to judge...they give you a million tests before they decided 'if you are good enuf' and the turnover – more... is the highest i have EVER SEEN in this field. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME!!!!! IT IS ALL SMOKE AND MIRRORS- Laundry is done all together, feces, urine and all. No commercial machines, break frequently, understaffed-caregivers burned out and unhappy.Pets and residents dirty the floors, couches,and eat garbage...... – less
It was a great company to work for until 2011
Accounting department (Former Employee), Irvine, CAMay 28, 2014
This was a great company to work for with "Love > Fear" culture until 2011. It became a culture of fear after it was acquired by a public company with new management.
Dishonest Managemnt
Doesnt matter (Former Employee), Arvada, COMay 12, 2014
Pros: the residents-they are amazing as well as the hardworking staff
Cons: all of management-unethical & dishonest
Let's put it this way anyone who does not agree with the DHS or Administrators will surely be fired. They fired all of management with the exception of three people (10+) including staff that actually care about the staff and residents. The only management left are stepford wives to the unethical people at the top. This includes a higher up at the corporate – more... office who foolishly ignored complaints and a hostile work environment that was clearly exposed. Shame on all of you for allowing this companies reputation and quality of care to be dismantled. I have never in all my years seen more dysfunction and lack of compassion in leadership! – less
Horrible place to work for
LPN (Former Employee), NapervilleMay 3, 2014
Cons: under pay and over staffed
The Naperville facility is a horrible place to work for. The employee turn over is high. The director and DON are not fair to staff and lie to families just to look good. It is all about getting residents through the door. They always work understaffed. Residents are always falling because of the lack of number of caregivers. They claim 1 caregiver – more... to 7 residents which is not what they actually use. It was a nightmare to work for. Such a sad experience. Don't waste your time here. Get a job where you are respected as a person. Loren Shook would be horrified if he knew how the staff was treated. – less
A wolf in sheep's clothing
Activities Assistant and Caregiver (Former Employee), Calabasas, CaApril 30, 2014
Cons: horrible work schedule, no staff meetings, no one to put complaints to
Both my husband and i worked. Myself for almost a year and my husband nearly three years. I was "laid off" for telling on a coworker for doing drugs at the facility while on duty. And my husband quit do to mistreatment by management. They lure you in with a false sense of security only to turn around and treat you like your less then nothing. I loved – more... the residents i worked with and a majority of the staff, but when it comes to covering their butts they readily throw you under the bus. I was depressed and emotionally distressed for a year. Not worth it. – less
DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY
hospice (Former Employee), Irvine, CAMarch 21, 2014
Pros: patient care
Cons: management, human resourses, stress, overload
This company is one of the most unethical places i've ever worked. Due to middle management, there is so much turn around. Nurses cant stand the management because they are treated horribly. Case managers have up to 24 patients which is certain for poor quality of health care. They fire 1/2 the staff for no reasons instead of laying off due to budget – more... cuts. Just look at the current job openings....makes one suspicious why there are so many openings....because no one wants to work there.
Working with hospice is one of the most satisfying jobs, its unfortunate this place gives hospice a bad name.
I strongly suggest if you are seeking employment or looking for hospice care.....DO NOT GO TO SILVERADO!!! – less

April 18, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We take all feedback very seriously and are sorry to hear that you had a negative experience working with Silverado. Our Communities, At Home and Hospice offices were selected by our associates as a Top Workplace in 2013. We invite you to reach out to a member of the Home Office Human Resources team to share your experience and help us learn from it.

Don't Do It!!!!
lvn (Former Employee), irving txMarch 20, 2014
Cons: the director
This is the worst nursing job I have ever had in my many years of nursing. The director of the valley ranch facility is dishonest and corrupt. He presents himself as a "good guy" but will stab you in the back. Be careful when thinking about working here.

April 18, 2014

We are very sorry to hear about your experience working with Silverado. Our Communities, At Home and Hospice offices were selected by our associates as a Top Workplace in 2013. We invite you to reach out to a member of the Home Office Human Resources team to share your experience and help us learn from it.

work
Nurse Silverado Senior Living (Current Employee), Arvada, COFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: can bring pets to work
Cons: unstable
Beautiful new facility with great ideas, but lots of turnover and corporate changes.

April 18, 2014

Arvada is a beautiful new community and we want to thank you for being a part of it. We recognize the affect that turnover has on our staff and residents and over the past few years, we have successfully lowered our turnover rates - a rate that is consistently better than the industry standard. We continue to lower our turnover rates and are committed to being an industry-wide leader.

CARING FOR THE RESIDENTS ARE FUN BUT COWORKERS GET TREATED WITH NO RESPECT
CNA (Former Employee), LAKE ZIRICH, ILFebruary 11, 2014
I LOVE THE RESIDENTS THEY ARE VERY EASY TO GET ATTACHED TO THE FOOD IS DELICIOUS THE BUT THE MAIN PROBLEM IS THERE'S ALOT OF GOSSIP YOUR IF YOU REPORT THINGS THE BOSSES DOESN'T REALLY CARE WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY. THEY FIRE EMPLOYEES BASED OFF WHAT HE/SHE SAY. THE FURNITURE IS COVERED IN URINE DISGUSTING. EMPLOYEES ARE AFRAID TO WORK SOMETIMES BECAUSE – more... YOU'RE CONSTANTLY GETTING CHASED MY RESIDENTS. OVERALL NOT A GREAT PLACE TO WORK, EMPLOYEE SHOULDN'T BE AFRAID OF THEIR JOBS YOU SUPPOSED TO LOVE AND NEVER BE AFRAID OF YOUR EMPLOYMENT. #DO NOT APPLY – less

April 18, 2014

Thank you for your continued service to our residents at our Lake Zurich Memory Care Community. The Home Office Human Resources team would love to speak with you and talk about how we can help you address your the concerns you have. We are a unique environment and provide world-class and loving care to those with dementia and other memory-impaired diseases.

Provides great service to the Community; Weak Corporate Structure
Senior Accountant (Current Employee), Irvine, CAJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: family oriented: you can bring you kids and dogs to work;
Cons: lack of advancement opportunities in finance group;
Company provides amazing care to it's Assisted Living residents; also great Hospice and At Home Care Services. At corporate level, generally poor organization, communication, and lack of urgency. "Family orientation" makes it easy to get time off.
fun place to work with except for management
Patient Care Attendant (Current Employee), Costa Mesa, CANovember 18, 2013
Pros: free lunch on weekend
Cons: short break
Assisting resident in activities of daily living.
Management sometimes is unfair to the employee.
Productive and fun work place with great values
Housekeeping/Laundry (Current Employee), Tustin, CAOctober 29, 2013
I like working at Silverado just don't think the job position is in the correct field I am looking to advance in
productive and busy work place
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Azusa, CAOctober 15, 2013
Pros: free lunch and flexable schedule
Cons: bad communcation, lack of commitment, lack of materials
meeting with family members to discuss their family progress
assist patients with their activities of daily living
Learn to have patience with family even if they are yelling because its a difficult time to have a loved one with dementia and alzhemiers.
co-workers we all get along very well it is like a family. were all very helpful to one another.
hardest – more... part of the job is dealing with the very difficult and abusive patients due to their disease.
Most enjoyable part of my job is leaving everyday happy knowing im able to have the heart and patience with peoples loved ones that they are no longer able to care for. – less
A Fake Culture Makes A Bad Company
Marketing (Former Employee), Irvine, CASeptember 18, 2013
Pros: the dogs in the communities and the dogs people bring to work at headquarters.
Cons: the dogs in management.
This company was stellar five years ago. It had a vision, integrity and a strong, involved CEO who walked his talk and the walk with caregivers, maintenance workers, IT staff, nurses and clinicians, even residents with serious Alzheimer's. For some ungodly reason, probably the almighty dollar, the company blew up after being sold to a big REIT. The – more... company's operating philosophy was "Love is greater than fear." Sadly, that turned right upside down into "Fear is greater than love". Some said the executive team around the CEO never bought into his philosophy. That makes sense given the fact they are all still there but dozens of their middle managers and a huge percentage of their line staff have departed. The revolving door is now legendary. HR is the biggest joke, going after awards for "Best Place to Work" - and then winning by intimidating their staff. I'm glad I left when I did. – less
Review as top ten places to work in The Woodlands
Activities Assistant Director (Former Employee), The Woodlands, TXSeptember 12, 2013
1. Typical work day included activities and meetings
2. I learned how to manage staff
3. Management was disorganized at times
4. My co workers were very helpful
5. The hardest part of the job was traveling with the residents.
6. The most enjoyable part of the job was the residents
Caregivers are great
Community Ambassador (Former Employee), Azusa, CASeptember 10, 2013
Typical overworked and underpaid/under appreciated workplace.
Corporate cared more about "self publishing" a book than they did about the wages for line staff and the condition the communities were in.
Silverado is where I found what I wanted to do the rest of my life and that is work with seniors!
Customer Service & Volunteer Coordinator (Former Employee), Sugar Land, TXAugust 5, 2013
Pros: experience that can not be taught in a book but only by being in the moment.
Cons: loss of a resident
Silverado Senior Living gave me the ultimate unique experience of my life, At a young age I learned about dementia through a family member but Silverado took it to another level.

I was picked to be a part of the Silverado Story which has forever changed my life and helped me decide what I want to do for a living.

I was able to be a very valuable resource – more... for the company during a hurricane where we kept residents in place. Our team did such a good job that the residents never knew that there was even a storm going on outside.

To be able to provide world class care under those conditions is not easy but I know that my efforts made a huge difference on residents, families and staff's lives that will forever be a part of their journey as well as mine. This is the type of experience that schools can not teach you only real life. Most of my education has been real life experiences but they are just as value if not more than those you learn in a book. – less
Worse place to work ever
Staffing coordinator/ Recruiter/ contract position (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 5, 2013
The managers or very racist and have been sued several times, They are very rude and demanding will never work for them again in my life.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 22, 2013
Pros: great healthcare benefits
Relaxed and friendly environment who prides themselves on providing great customer service to its residents and families. Hardworking and helpful coworkers. This company allows you to bring your children (must be disciplined) to work if needed.
productive and easy going
Caregiver/Receptionist (Current Employee), Menomonee Falls, WIJuly 7, 2013
Very good place to work wit good benefits and easy going management. Been working here for a year and a half now havent had a problem yet. management is very understandable and good people to get along with.

1 2 3

About Silverado Senior Living

While making a living is important, there is a certain type of person who yearns to make a difference – to finish a meaningful – Read more