Silverado Senior Living Employee Reviews

a really good exprience and family-freindly environment.
Housekeeping/laundry aide (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 2, 2017
By the time you enter, they welcome you with a smile and a greeting. They let me take my children and let them interact with the residents. Everyday went by quickly and everyone helped everyone around.
I learned how to work as a team and interact with people with Alzheimer and Dementia.
Everything would be perfect if they made better improvements involving the people in human resources.
They respect the culture and celebrate the different cultures.
Obviously the physical part but its natural and it was part of my job and I overcame it.
Mainly, I enjoyed interacting with the residents because they were very heartwarming and shared their stories which I loved.
Pros
Let you take your children to work
Cons
Take a long time to hire other people
currently present
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILApril 26, 2017
i am a mentor and help get new employees on the floor , preform basic adls. documentation on resident care and other various tasks. I love my residents
Very satisfying work
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 3, 2017
It is very satisfying knowing you are helping individuals with altzeimers and dementia, as well as their famlies. The work is sometimes stressful, but well worth it
Need new leadership
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 23, 2017
A typical day start with worrying if you have a job when you get there. Management is horrible. Cut your hours without notice. DHS only cares about herself. The caregivers and aides work short. A horrible place to work. The only good thing is they pay higher than the other nearby facilities.
Pros
Good pay, clean, good food.
Cons
No job security, Management, unorganized.
great place to work
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 18, 2017
loved this job! very nice working environment. great co workers. The residents were well cared for. Company was good to employees training and advancement a plus.
Pros
pay, residents, management
Awful place to work
Activities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Encinitas, CAFebruary 26, 2017
When you work there, you feel like you are constantly being scrutinized, management does nothing to change anything, the residents' care doesn't seem to be good which is the most upsetting, and there isn't much of a connection between management and those on the floor. It seemed like all anyone cared about was how things looked. Was the worst job I've ever had and talking to corporate about anything was a joke. Many of the residents seemed to get lost there and I would never put a family member at this company.
Pros
Nice to be with residents, they always had a lot of room to walk around, became close to direct co workers
Cons
Resident care was upsetting, very expensive, horrible wages for a lot of work, management had no idea what was going on in the community and were hard to talk to
good place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIFebruary 8, 2017
good place to work also the company is good flexible schedule and hours fun enviroment also the people you meet along the way you go
at will work, very easy to lose job
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIJanuary 24, 2017
getting fired is easy here since they can choose to fire you at any time they want. Do not work here. you will not be happy.
typical day is typical,
Great residents; Terrible management
Charge Nurse, LVN (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CAJanuary 2, 2017
Residents are the reason you stay. Management will schedule you as the only nurse looking after 95+ residents.when you ask for help they will not give it and if you cannot preform all your duties due to lack of time, they will verbally abuse you. 95:1 ratio could cause you to loose your license. Be prepared.
Pros
Amazing residents, awesome coworkers
Cons
Management, constantly understaffed, compensation
Professional staff and friendly employees.
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 11, 2016
I loved working for Silverado. There are leaders and mentors whom are open for further training and they are very supportive and helpful. All departments have great team work.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Not much overtime

Want to know more about Silverado Senior Living?

Ask a question
Your voice is not validated... Unless you're in the leadership circle.
LPN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Highland Park, ILNovember 8, 2016
A usual day begins with a heavy med pass. Not only are you passing meds but you're passing out breakfast plates, serving residents if they need something else during breakfast and sometimes assist in toile ting residents when caregivers are busy. You voice concerns and they're not validated unless you are liked by the boss. There's preferences for certain staff members, and if you're not one of them your just a worker there and you're concerns don't matter. Talk about not having good leadership members. They talk to you when needed or when they need to express a concern to you. Residents are very easy to love, there's some good staff members who help each other out and that's probably the only positive side to this community that I can think of right now. Until the day we get a better leadership team that treats everyone equally, this will not be what Silverado preach, Family and love greater than fear.
Pros
Easy to love residents
Cons
No time for breaks, unnoticed, no ADHS, no ADHS, leadership
It's not worth your peace of mind
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Morton Grove, ILOctober 14, 2016
Management turnover rate is INSANE here. Great employees have gotten fired, while we questioned how some employees were still there. The place seems like a nice place to work when you first see it, but the nurse to patient ratio is ridiculous, especially when this is a memory care facility. It's all smoke and mirrors. Families will also rip your head open because of how short staffed the place is, or because of false promises made by management, and when you refer them back to management, management is nowhere to be found, or management tells the families whatever it is that they want to hear, and make it seem like the staff is the issue, when really, they are lacking in the hiring department. When staff complained about this, management would say that they hired all of these people and to hang in there, and these "people" that they spoke of -we never saw... but oh how fast that census can go up.

It kind of reminds me of that movie, 'The Interview'... It's all an illusion.

They also expect you to place Silverado in front of your own personal life.
Cons
lack of good management, management tries to intimidate staff, they expect you to put work before family
Generally satisfied
LVN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sugarland, TXOctober 13, 2016
Wonderful experience, Being with the company for all these years grew from medication aide to becoming an LVN. Saw so many people move up the ladder
My first Executive Chef position. It was very challenging and fun at times. It is a very relax and laid back atmosphere working with seniors.
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Alhambra, CASeptember 20, 2016
- Typical day at work is greeting the residents int he morning, having coffee and talk about the weather.
- I learned how to appreciate residents care
- Co-workers were very helpful, fun and caring
- hardest part of the job is learning to know the residents and understanding them
- 'the most enjoyable part of the job is playing games with residents
Pros
outings
benefits
assisting Registered nurses
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Belmont, CAAugust 23, 2016
gave patients baths, fed them and on a 24 hours watch.
help the nurses with assisting the patients.
ten patients per caregiver
was on watch all night
Pros
noc shift was good
Cons
the management was poor
fun working in that facilities has ping pong table
Live-in Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Belmont, CAAugust 1, 2016
it's fun working with that environment for I could walk around with client safely. The facility has monthly activities for seniors or clients to enjoy the music, dancing and singing with good food served while enjoying the sound of music. Love the workers they are friendly and helpful. I didn't find any hard to work with Silverado...I really enjoyed it working for them specially having a good support from supervisor and managers together. It was really fun.
Pros
free lucnhes and snakcs
Cons
no comments
Horrid to the Core
Culinary Aide (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TXJuly 28, 2016
There's nothing other than the residents to look forward to! This job sucks, it's like there always out to get you! The swore that they never offered me more when I got hired. The leadership team is horrible! I'd never want my loved one here!
Pros
Residents
Cons
Everything else
Not much fun to work
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lincolnwood, ILJuly 12, 2016
Overloaded, not enough staff most of the times. Did not learn much. Don't always cooperate. Not a good team work. Always busy with the workload but always fun to work with the residents.
Pros
Nice and clean environment
Cons
No time for break
Worst company ever
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Brookfield, WIJune 3, 2016
The company is so unorganized . From the upper management on down . Orentation was horrible they kinda just threw you on the floor without proper training . They don't care about you not do they recognize employee hard work . You can't talk to them about anything without getting fired . The upper management is so disrespectful they talk to the employers like kids . Too me I just seen that the company was money hungry I wouldn't dare put my family in there . I seen so many good worker get walked out the door like prisoner . They don't care about your health . They change the schedule to where u work every weekend with one weekend off in a month . They lie to there employers about bounes added to check also so many times working there my checks was always short. They always had to fix it .it was new rules everyday . Nothing was set all the residents are combative and they don't inforce meals . And you can bring your kids to work with u but many people kids got hit by residents and they did nothing -Silverado in Brookfield wi
Pros
Pay
Cons
Short breaks
Productive place to work; job security
LVN/charge nurse (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXMay 17, 2016
Daily report; prepare medications; follow up with dr orders; nursing assessment; prepare daily assignments for caregivers/cna;
Pros
healthy environment
Cons
not very good communication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Silverado Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8