Silverado Senior Living

Silverado Senior Living Employee Reviews

tight nit family type employment
LVN Charge Nurse (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 16, 2015
knowing I made an impact in someone's life on a daily basis is a rewarding feeling. It really is one of the best places to work.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), The Woodlands, TXMarch 13, 2015
Pros: great place to learn new skills and work with residents and families
Cons: sad when a resident would pass away. sometimes residents can be difficult
I loved the time I spent at Silverado Senior Living. It is a wonderful place dedicated to assisting the residents who are suffering from dementia and Alzheimer disease. I worked part time 3 days a week and would come in the afternoon to answer phones and greet people who came into the community. The facility was a secure place because of the residents.. I built some great friendships while I was there. Some days were busier than others but if you wanted to learn different skills within the facility you would have the opportunity to build your skills.
Excellent work environment.
CNA/Caregiver (Current Employee), Burbank, CAMarch 3, 2015
Co-workers are very easy to work with team work.The hardest part of my job is being on a night shift. Management are very accommodating.
Fun place to work for
LVN (Current Employee), Kingwood, TXJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: the company morale, residents
Cons: no employee incentives
I love what Silverado stands for. And I do believe that if I had a loved one with any memory care problems and I had to bring them somewhere, Silverado would be the only option. With that being said, Silverado offers 0 incentives to their employees. The benefits are horrible; marketplace is better, no time and a half for holidays worked, no maternity leave, or paid leave. I am shocked! I'm not used to this.
Great experience and life changing.
Receptionist (Current Employee), Houston, TXDecember 15, 2014
Everyday is a new day literally and holds a new experience that may have an impact on your life. The staff is awesome an understanding, knowing that I'm a full time college student I was giving a work schedule that went well with my class schedule. The residents are so sweet and just loves to be shown love, when you are working there they become like your second family. The hardest part of my job is trying not to get attached to them because you never know when it is there time to join the stars. Each resident has a form of dementia which is an irreversible disease so overtime they will decline in health. Overall this has been the best job and I believe everybody should take time to visit a senior home.
Clients were great to work with.
Certified Caregiver (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZNovember 18, 2014
Pros: socializing.
Cons: i wanted more work hours.
Is a good place if you want to work and help people. Supervisors were great helpful.
horrible leadership team
resident engagement (Former Employee), los angeles caOctober 22, 2014
Pros: residents and staff
Cons: short staffed, leadership team
Alot of favouritism and clique's.
Loved my job and residents. Some coworkers got away with bloody murder others....fired or written up on the spot.
They loved me as long as I worked live in positions
Personal Attendant (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 8, 2014
Pros: clients and benefits
Cons: long commutes and little pay
The office manager called me on a Sat to come to the office and hired me that day. I started a live in position the next day. I found out later she was desperate and that's why I was hired on the weekend without an interview. As long as I worked live in they loved me. When I got stopped because my husband didn't like it, they didn't like it. They did give me a Mon through Fri working nights but that changed once I pulled a muscle and took off a few days. It was all down hill after that. Only scheduled a few days a week and they were out of town. Gas was taking my pay. So I quit.
Great experience, but management was not very good
Caregiver (Former Employee), Bellingham, WAJune 27, 2014
A typical day required 8 hours on my feet with a lot lifting and transfers. Being able to deal with difficult and aggressive behaviors. I assisted residents with their daily activities which included dressing, bathing, toileting and feeding. Management was terrible, I wouldn't recommend working there.
HORRIBLE AND UNTRUSTWORTHY
MANAGEMENT (Former Employee), LAKE ZURICHMay 31, 2014
Pros: residents and pets
Cons: everything else
The company does not practice what they preach!! No open door policy with directors, communication goes on hearsay and you are out if they believe something even if it not true. Director has favorites, no sense of humor, no life outside of work and is quick to judge...they give you a million tests before they decided 'if you are good enuf' and the turnover is the highest i have EVER SEEN in this field. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME!!!!! IT IS ALL SMOKE AND MIRRORS- Laundry is done all together, feces, urine and all. No commercial machines, break frequently, understaffed-caregivers burned out and unhappy.Pets and residents dirty the floors, couches,and eat garbage......
It was a great company to work for until 2011
Accounting department (Former Employee), Irvine, CAMay 28, 2014
This was a great company to work for with "Love > Fear" culture until 2011. It became a culture of fear after it was acquired by a public company with new management.
Dishonest Managemnt
Doesnt matter (Former Employee), Arvada, COMay 12, 2014
Pros: the residents-they are amazing as well as the hardworking staff
Cons: all of management-unethical & dishonest
Let's put it this way anyone who does not agree with the DHS or Administrators will surely be fired. They fired all of management with the exception of three people (10+) including staff that actually care about the staff and residents. The only management left are stepford wives to the unethical people at the top. This includes a higher up at the corporate office who foolishly ignored complaints and a hostile work environment that was clearly exposed. Shame on all of you for allowing this companies reputation and quality of care to be dismantled. I have never in all my years seen more dysfunction and lack of compassion in leadership!
Horrible place to work for
LPN (Former Employee), NapervilleMay 3, 2014
Cons: under pay and over staffed
The Naperville facility is a horrible place to work for. The employee turn over is high. The director and DON are not fair to staff and lie to families just to look good. It is all about getting residents through the door. They always work understaffed. Residents are always falling because of the lack of number of caregivers. They claim 1 caregiver to 7 residents which is not what they actually use. It was a nightmare to work for. Such a sad experience. Don't waste your time here. Get a job where you are respected as a person. Loren Shook would be horrified if he knew how the staff was treated.
A wolf in sheep's clothing
Activities Assistant and Caregiver (Former Employee), Calabasas, CaApril 30, 2014
Cons: horrible work schedule, no staff meetings, no one to put complaints to
Both my husband and i worked. Myself for almost a year and my husband nearly three years. I was "laid off" for telling on a coworker for doing drugs at the facility while on duty. And my husband quit do to mistreatment by management. They lure you in with a false sense of security only to turn around and treat you like your less then nothing. I loved the residents i worked with and a majority of the staff, but when it comes to covering their butts they readily throw you under the bus. I was depressed and emotionally distressed for a year. Not worth it.
DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY
hospice (Former Employee), Irvine, CAMarch 21, 2014
Pros: patient care
Cons: management, human resourses, stress, overload
This company is one of the most unethical places i've ever worked. Due to middle management, there is so much turn around. Nurses cant stand the management because they are treated horribly. Case managers have up to 24 patients which is certain for poor quality of health care. They fire 1/2 the staff for no reasons instead of laying off due to budget cuts. Just look at the current job openings....makes one suspicious why there are so many openings....because no one wants to work there.
Working with hospice is one of the most satisfying jobs, its unfortunate this place gives hospice a bad name.
I strongly suggest if you are seeking employment or looking for hospice care.....DO NOT GO TO SILVERADO!!!

April 18, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We take all feedback very seriously and are sorry to hear that you had a negative experience working with Silverado. Our Communities, At Home and Hospice offices were selected by our associates as a Top Workplace in 2013. We invite you to reach out to a member of the Home Office Human Resources team to share your experience and help us learn from it.

Don't Do It!!!!
lvn (Former Employee), irving txMarch 20, 2014
Cons: the director
This is the worst nursing job I have ever had in my many years of nursing. The director of the valley ranch facility is dishonest and corrupt. He presents himself as a "good guy" but will stab you in the back. Be careful when thinking about working here.

April 18, 2014

We are very sorry to hear about your experience working with Silverado. Our Communities, At Home and Hospice offices were selected by our associates as a Top Workplace in 2013. We invite you to reach out to a member of the Home Office Human Resources team to share your experience and help us learn from it.

work
Nurse Silverado Senior Living (Current Employee), Arvada, COFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: can bring pets to work
Cons: unstable
Beautiful new facility with great ideas, but lots of turnover and corporate changes.

April 18, 2014

Arvada is a beautiful new community and we want to thank you for being a part of it. We recognize the affect that turnover has on our staff and residents and over the past few years, we have successfully lowered our turnover rates - a rate that is consistently better than the industry standard. We continue to lower our turnover rates and are committed to being an industry-wide leader.

CARING FOR THE RESIDENTS ARE FUN BUT COWORKERS GET TREATED WITH NO RESPECT
CNA (Former Employee), LAKE ZIRICH, ILFebruary 11, 2014
I LOVE THE RESIDENTS THEY ARE VERY EASY TO GET ATTACHED TO THE FOOD IS DELICIOUS THE BUT THE MAIN PROBLEM IS THERE'S ALOT OF GOSSIP YOUR IF YOU REPORT THINGS THE BOSSES DOESN'T REALLY CARE WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY. THEY FIRE EMPLOYEES BASED OFF WHAT HE/SHE SAY. THE FURNITURE IS COVERED IN URINE DISGUSTING. EMPLOYEES ARE AFRAID TO WORK SOMETIMES BECAUSE YOU'RE CONSTANTLY GETTING CHASED MY RESIDENTS. OVERALL NOT A GREAT PLACE TO WORK, EMPLOYEE SHOULDN'T BE AFRAID OF THEIR JOBS YOU SUPPOSED TO LOVE AND NEVER BE AFRAID OF YOUR EMPLOYMENT. #DO NOT APPLY

April 18, 2014

Thank you for your continued service to our residents at our Lake Zurich Memory Care Community. The Home Office Human Resources team would love to speak with you and talk about how we can help you address your the concerns you have. We are a unique environment and provide world-class and loving care to those with dementia and other memory-impaired diseases.

Provides great service to the Community; Weak Corporate Structure
Senior Accountant (Current Employee), Irvine, CAJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: family oriented: you can bring you kids and dogs to work;
Cons: lack of advancement opportunities in finance group;
Company provides amazing care to it's Assisted Living residents; also great Hospice and At Home Care Services. At corporate level, generally poor organization, communication, and lack of urgency. "Family orientation" makes it easy to get time off.
fun place to work with except for management
Patient Care Attendant (Current Employee), Costa Mesa, CANovember 18, 2013
Pros: free lunch on weekend
Cons: short break
Assisting resident in activities of daily living.
Management sometimes is unfair to the employee.

1 2 3

About Silverado Senior Living

While making a living is important, there is a certain type of person who yearns to make a difference – to finish a meaningful – Read more

Silverado Senior Living Salaries