Silverado Senior Living

Silverado Senior Living Employee Reviews

Productive and fun work place with great values
Housekeeping/Laundry (Current Employee), Tustin, CAOctober 29, 2013
I like working at Silverado just don't think the job position is in the correct field I am looking to advance in
productive and busy work place
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Azusa, CAOctober 15, 2013
Pros: free lunch and flexable schedule
Cons: bad communcation, lack of commitment, lack of materials
meeting with family members to discuss their family progress
assist patients with their activities of daily living
Learn to have patience with family even if they are yelling because its a difficult time to have a loved one with dementia and alzhemiers.
co-workers we all get along very well it is like a family. were all very helpful to one another.
hardest part of the job is dealing with the very difficult and abusive patients due to their disease.
Most enjoyable part of my job is leaving everyday happy knowing im able to have the heart and patience with peoples loved ones that they are no longer able to care for.
A Fake Culture Makes A Bad Company
Marketing (Former Employee), Irvine, CASeptember 18, 2013
Pros: the dogs in the communities and the dogs people bring to work at headquarters.
Cons: the dogs in management.
This company was stellar five years ago. It had a vision, integrity and a strong, involved CEO who walked his talk and the walk with caregivers, maintenance workers, IT staff, nurses and clinicians, even residents with serious Alzheimer's. For some ungodly reason, probably the almighty dollar, the company blew up after being sold to a big REIT. The company's operating philosophy was "Love is greater than fear." Sadly, that turned right upside down into "Fear is greater than love". Some said the executive team around the CEO never bought into his philosophy. That makes sense given the fact they are all still there but dozens of their middle managers and a huge percentage of their line staff have departed. The revolving door is now legendary. HR is the biggest joke, going after awards for "Best Place to Work" - and then winning by intimidating their staff. I'm glad I left when I did.
Review as top ten places to work in The Woodlands
Activities Assistant Director (Former Employee), The Woodlands, TXSeptember 12, 2013
1. Typical work day included activities and meetings
2. I learned how to manage staff
3. Management was disorganized at times
4. My co workers were very helpful
5. The hardest part of the job was traveling with the residents.
6. The most enjoyable part of the job was the residents
Caregivers are great
Community Ambassador (Former Employee), Azusa, CASeptember 10, 2013
Typical overworked and underpaid/under appreciated workplace.
Corporate cared more about "self publishing" a book than they did about the wages for line staff and the condition the communities were in.
Silverado is where I found what I wanted to do the rest of my life and that is work with seniors!
Customer Service & Volunteer Coordinator (Former Employee), Sugar Land, TXAugust 5, 2013
Pros: experience that can not be taught in a book but only by being in the moment.
Cons: loss of a resident
Silverado Senior Living gave me the ultimate unique experience of my life, At a young age I learned about dementia through a family member but Silverado took it to another level.

I was picked to be a part of the Silverado Story which has forever changed my life and helped me decide what I want to do for a living.

I was able to be a very valuable resource for the company during a hurricane where we kept residents in place. Our team did such a good job that the residents never knew that there was even a storm going on outside.

To be able to provide world class care under those conditions is not easy but I know that my efforts made a huge difference on residents, families and staff's lives that will forever be a part of their journey as well as mine. This is the type of experience that schools can not teach you only real life. Most of my education has been real life experiences but they are just as value if not more than those you learn in a book.
Worse place to work ever
Staffing coordinator/ Recruiter/ contract position (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 5, 2013
The managers or very racist and have been sued several times, They are very rude and demanding will never work for them again in my life.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 22, 2013
Pros: great healthcare benefits
Relaxed and friendly environment who prides themselves on providing great customer service to its residents and families. Hardworking and helpful coworkers. This company allows you to bring your children (must be disciplined) to work if needed.
productive and easy going
Caregiver/Receptionist (Current Employee), Menomonee Falls, WIJuly 7, 2013
Very good place to work wit good benefits and easy going management. Been working here for a year and a half now havent had a problem yet. management is very understandable and good people to get along with.
Do not waste/invest time in this company
Scheduling Coordinator (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJune 6, 2013
Pros: benefits/although barely affordable
Cons: the way the business is run
I honestly am not sure how this company has not been sued for wrongful terminations. The San Diego office is run by a measley office manager who makes all the executive decisions, when her job is to make sure the office is well stocked and the benefits and payroll are entered correctly. If she does not like you or you stand up for your self, do not take a schedule, or ask to make changes, she is looking to fire you. Although there is an Administrator and Geriatric Care Manager, they all look to her for approval. This entire office has no back bone and in reality she should have been fired a long time ago when the previous Administrator was let go. The office manager will find a way to have you fired. She finds just the right wording to make sure there is no trouble and the home office helps her. I have seen it first hand. She will ponder until she finds a legal reason to fire you. I do believe life makes many turns. Good luck if you decide to waste you time here.

July 16, 2013

What is the pay range for the schedulers at this company?

Unprofessional management
Personal Assistant (Current Employee), HoustonMay 22, 2013
Pros: good insurance, helping seniors
Cons: working 24-hours and only getting paid 135.00 a day.
Management like to pass the buck to the caregivers when they make a mistake. I was blamed twice for something management did.
Working with dementia residents is very rewarding and a learning experience .
Nurse (Former Employee), San Juan CapistronoMay 18, 2013
Pros: residents
Cons: management, job security
The most enjoyable and hardest part of the job is the residents.
What I found enjoyable was their life experiences and trying to get them to remember them, talking with the families about the residents life.
The hardest part of the job was the hospice side talking and comforting families who loved ones are passing. A lot of times you have been the caregiver for the residents for a long time and interacted with their family.
In a full career working for several great senior communities Silverado Senior Living Belmont was the worse experience of them all.
Associate (Former Employee), Silverado Senior Living Belmont HillsMay 9, 2013
Pros: good food
Cons: difficult, punative, dysfunctional management
Finally I thought I had found a retirement care community that had an ideal combination of great care for both their residents and their employees. Unfortunately I was deceived. The Care Providers are overworked and underpaid. The facilities are overcrowded. and the management is negative and the antithesis of their "Give Get" and "Love is Greater Than Fear" philosophies. The company needs an extreme Leadership makeover.
Enjoyed learning to work with Alzhiemers patients and helping someone who needed help.
Residential Care Specialist (Former Employee), Calabasas, CAApril 18, 2013
Pros: receiving bonus stickers to purchase merchandise from catalog
Cons: healtcare
A day at work was very hard sometimes when others had to call out, I learned that it takes a lot of patients to work in this kind of environment . management very concerned for employees, to be honest co-workers could have been more helpful. the hardest part of the job was co- workers not responding to radio calls for assistants. the most enjoyable part of the job was at holiday time, parties and bonuses, dancing with patients just having a good time employees and patients.
Very unstable place to work
Activities Leader and Caregiver (Former Employee), Calabasas, CAMarch 27, 2013
Pros: i like the pizza on pay day
Cons: a few hours.
I enjoyed to work with residents. I learned some things for to better the job.
24 hr nursing care lol for what? they do nothing Cna prepare to be overworked and under paid while you watch nurses making 25 to watch.
Cna (Former Employee), Lake Zurich ilMarch 16, 2013
Pros: you can bring your dog
Cons: pay schudule nobody cares
This place is a nursing home it's just that it's full of stinky hotel furniture. Residents are sick the answer is they don't have anything ) asking a Lpn for help ha! Won't happen.

May 1, 2013

Lol that's true

Great Place to work
CNA (Former Employee), Irving, TXMarch 6, 2013
Pros: free lunch/ childcare
Cons: there aren't any cons
I wish I never left this job, the staff are so friendly and the residents make you feel right at home. I've never worked at a job were you feel right at home. This place allows you to bring your children so if you dnt have a baby sitter no problem. Theres always something for the kids to do.
Special place with unique philosophy, including animals
Nursing (Current Employee), Arvada, ColoradoMarch 5, 2013
Pros: beautiful community, fabulous food, great staffing!
Cons: not enough silverados
A typical day at work includes taking the blanket off the birdcage, petting the dogs and taking walks in the beautiful courtyard. Also, can't forget to talk about the gourmet, scratch kitchen that feeds employees, as well as family members, three delicious meals per day. Staff to patient ratio is exceptional and allows for quality time with residents. Management is professional, friendly, and supportive. They want to see us succeed! Co-workers get along well, are team players and are very interactive with residents. The hardest part of the job is losing weight after eating their wonderful food and desserts. The most enjoyable part is spending time with the residents.
Good company but need much better administration
leadership team (Former Employee), Lake ZurichJanuary 31, 2013
Pros: would be nice if it was like before a lot.
Cons: everything
Worked in the leader team. I did love to work there but new administration came in everything went to hell. She got rid of a master degree leader for a high school drop out if best. Place been going down hill since then. Everyone are tired of being scared of thier jobs. So dont even apply not worth it.
Good company but need much better administration
leadership team (Former Employee), Lake ZurichJanuary 31, 2013
Pros: would be nice if it was like before a lot.
Cons: everything

About Silverado Senior Living

While making a living is important, there is a certain type of person who yearns to make a difference – to finish a meaningful – Read more

Silverado Senior Living Salaries