Silverado Senior Living Employee Reviews

family originated and fun
traide (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 6, 2016
a day at work for me went quick there so much to do you loose track of time.but i learned a lot working here especially how to interact with people with dementia.its such a sad thing but they will leave you smiling. management wasn't always fair they did show favoritism most of the time. my coworkers were great to work with we treated each other just like family.the hardest part of the job was probley washing the dishes think about how you will feel if you had to wash dishes for about 100 people.the part that i enjoyed the most was the residents because even when you having a bad day the are guaranteed to make you smile and it works both way.
Pros
great cook, good pay
Cons
management needs some improvement
much FEAR > no love (Hospice)
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 24, 2016
Most unstable work environment EVER! - Hospice division Austin Texas. Upper management is a revolving door. This big corporate entity is really good at marketing an image of excellence, values and genuine caring but fails to execute. The philosophy of Love>Fear and watching Silverado videos led me to apply cause it looked like a company that "walked the talk" but much to my dismay it was propaganda and the reality was the exact opposite. And while the compensation was very attractive, in the end higher pay was not worth it. Only writing this to hopefully save someone from making the same mistake as me.
Pros
Pay
Cons
terrible management
Amazing culture
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Peoria, AZMarch 3, 2016
The culture of the company is amazing and truly one of a kind. The workplace can be fun at times. The negatives are the management has unrealistic expectations for those who excel at their job
Pros
free meals if there are leftovers after the residents eat
Cons
poor management
very loving enviroment
housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIFebruary 25, 2016
wish it could have lasted there for me, everyone one was so nice easy to get along with and the residenece made coming to work worth your wild
Different
Resident Engagement Assistant, (Current Employee) –  Morton Grove, ILFebruary 1, 2016
The Morton groove is nothing like the other locations of Lake Zurich , Highland Park or Naperville. They have a lot to work on before they reach there standards
Pros
nothing
comfort care
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAJanuary 2, 2016
team oriented focused on delivering innovative solutions that meet and
exceed expectations of most importance our patients and family
Wonderful concept, poor execution to produce conceptual results
leadership (Former Employee) –  TexasDecember 26, 2015
The cultural promise of love being greater than fear is an incredible concept, which is promoted as one of the principles of the organization. The founders of the organization were on target with the mindset that creating positive work environments promotes superior care. The Administrator performed daily routine based on fear and insecurity.
The support from corporate and regional leadership is a mirage when significant concerns are raised. While I do not intend to imply that the workplace was bad (because the community was wonderful), the reality is that when reporting concerns, you are indeed an island to yourself and the support is not there.
Orientation was provided for one day and the leadership team was amazed when every aspect of the job was not done to perfection within the first 90 days. All requests for further training and explanations of processes were denied by the Administrator.
Pros
Wonderful associates and residents; good philosophy of care
Cons
Very poor support system
Wonderful co-workers - out of touch management
RN (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 13, 2015
Nurses are fundamentally givers. This company takes advantage of that. Love love love the work, co-workers and patients, but can't continue to sacrifice everything else in my life to do this job. Too much work expected and not enough time to do it. When you speak up you are made to feel like YOU are doing something wrong. Hope that one day management realizes how many amazing, hard working employees have left due to burn out...very sad.
Pros
Lovely coworkers
Cons
Too much work expected and not enough time to do it
Enjoy working for the elderly.
Caregiver/Provider (Former Employee) –  Belmont, CASeptember 27, 2015
Great environment, great people, great co-workers, learn different things about resident everyday, most enjoyable part of the job was when you sit down with a resident and have a conversation, hardest thing is getting them to calm down
Pros
fun engaging with the residents
Cons
always short staff
Small company that grew too fast
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 24, 2015
My responsibilities in this position grew throughout the years I worked there and I enjoyed the challenges. I supported at least eight different executives while there because of the turn-over on the executive team. Otherwise I enjoyed my position and my felt accomplished.
Pros
Salary, location
Cons
Turn-over

Want to know more about Silverado Senior Living?

Ask a question
Fair place to work in
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 14, 2015
I was not happy with how the Assistant director manages. She told me that work should be the priority than family. She wrote me up of an incident that happened 4 months ago (and she had an approval of at that time when I have to pick up my daughter who was in 6th grade because of a shooting incident in their school). That's the main reason I quit the job. She is very uncompassionate to other people.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Uncompassionate management to the staff
Not a nice place to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 4, 2015
It wasn"t a very good place to work to much back stabbing and lies going around. They would write you up at a drop of a hat. I hated going to work the management was bad. The hardest part of the job was having to pretend to like it,I couldn't wait until it was time to check out.
Pros
Nice residents
Cons
Backstabbing & lies
Silverado Senior Living Culture
Administrative Assistant/ Resident Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILAugust 3, 2015
The Silverado Senior Living Culture is amazing. Residents come to the Community that would otherwise be limited regarding their quality of life and find an amazing quality of life. They find a place to call home and an environment that they and their behaviors that come with Alzheimer's are completely acceptable and welcomed. The Healthcare staff is amazing and extremely dedicated. Each Resident is given the opportunity to engage in activities that fit their abilities. I had the privilege of greeting and Coordinating appointments for the Residents and their Family Members so I interacted with the Residents all day everyday. It was my pleasure to do so.
Pros
A quality environment for the Residents.
Cons
The Support Staff needs to take more interest in the Residents as well.
Productive and professional workplace
CNA/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILJuly 27, 2015
Fun workplace where you never know what kind of day you are going to get. It can be an easy relaxing day when the residents are okay and calm, but it can easily turn around when residents start acting up. Overall everyone is great, and we all work together to get the job done right.
Pros
Free snacks, good benefits, good pay
Cons
Schedule conflicts
Productive but stagnant
PA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 16, 2015
Company is not as supportive of their employee in terms of growth and career advancement. Employees at the office have lack of communication skills in providing staff scheduling. The job gets boring at some point where you keep doing the same job description over and over.
Pros
Flexible time off
Cons
Not progressive in terms of career advancement
Ok
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Encinitas, CAJuly 7, 2015
This facility is a locked building for residents with Dementia/Alzheimers, i.e. they have free roam to walk around the building but the managers still wanted the residents to stay in their respected areas, which I didn't think was fair considering this was supposed to be a locked building facility
Family like
Regional Director of Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  CAMay 5, 2015
Silverado is a solid place to work with an incredible executive team. They truly believe in having a good work/life balance.
tight nit family type employment
LVN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 16, 2015
knowing I made an impact in someone's life on a daily basis is a rewarding feeling. It really is one of the best places to work.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXMarch 13, 2015
I loved the time I spent at Silverado Senior Living. It is a wonderful place dedicated to assisting the residents who are suffering from dementia and Alzheimer disease. I worked part time 3 days a week and would come in the afternoon to answer phones and greet people who came into the community. The facility was a secure place because of the residents.. I built some great friendships while I was there. Some days were busier than others but if you wanted to learn different skills within the facility you would have the opportunity to build your skills.
Pros
Great place to learn new skills and work with residents and families
Cons
Sad when a resident would pass away. Sometimes residents can be difficult
Excellent work environment.
CNA/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAMarch 3, 2015
Co-workers are very easy to work with team work.The hardest part of my job is being on a night shift. Management are very accommodating.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Silverado Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9