Silvergate Bank Employee Reviews

Limited interaction with any co workers
Commercial Credit Underwriter (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 18, 2018
No interaction with others. Limited assistance. Multiple meetings, resulting in long turnover time to borrowers. Did provide a stocked kitchen of fresh fruit and juices.
Not for everyone
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  La Mesa, CADecember 5, 2017
Cut throat work environment. Long hours. Not all employees encompass company culture. At times very disorganized. I appreciate that they tried but if feels like they are trying to be something they are not.
Excellent
Senior Vice President, Manager Correspondent (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 2, 2017
My work experience was excellent at Silvergate. The CEO was a good man to work for. I had to be laid off, but, the experience was excellent. I would recommend it highly.
Pros
The CEO
N/a
CSR (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 21, 2016
Performing intermediate duties and support related to branch operational activities and financial services; processes all new account transactions; assisting customers in their selection of various accounts and financial services; cross-selling the Bank's products and services; opening, maintaining and closing of all account types; performing branch clerical duties; promoting business for the Bank by maintaining good customer relations and referring customers to appropriate staff for new services.
New Bank, fun experience
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  riverside, ca.June 9, 2015
It was a new location. We had the job of getting the word out in the community. It was fun while it lasted. short lived. they relocated quickly.
Pros
we got to take a lot of trips to the corporate office.
Cons
business was relatively slow. I prefer fast paced.
Great people to work with.
Senior Vice President, Operations (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CAJuly 12, 2014
Company is a happy place to work as it is very pro employee. Excellent benefits and other employee perks. Lots of very nice people work there and great management team. Company went through a reorganization and downsize four months after I was hired and my position was impacted. I enjoyed my short tenure there.