Silverleaf Resorts

Silverleaf Resorts Employee Reviews

Was a good company to work for, till another company bought them out.
Quality Assurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Pantego, TXNovember 30, 2016
I really enjoyed working there for the length of time I was there. Management was helpful. I got along with my co-workers to complete task given us. I learned alot about the resort business.
Pros
Had a lot of perks & incentives
Cons
Offered (2) 15 minute breaks, hour lunch. Medical benefits
fast pace hard working
gifting clerk (Former Employee) –  Flint, TXMarch 23, 2016
you see about 20 to 40 guest in a work day explain vacations and have to have them in and out within 5 minutes while having outstanding customer service.
i learned hot to work with people and how to use an office computer i learned to no let stress get to you in the work place because it will effect your guest. management was top notch they got things done, when or if you needed help they were right there to back you up. the co=workers i worked with did not do much but i stayed focused on my job and did not worry to much about theirs. the hardest part about the job is when there is an very upset guest that u have to make sure you can calm him down without letting your self get upset because that will make the guest that much more upset. the most enjoyable part of the job is there work i loved it and the guest and being able to work full time with benefits.
Pros
40 hours a week
Cons
can be stressful at times
Productive, fun place to work.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Flint, TXSeptember 22, 2016
Good company to work for, only down fall was the the owners decided to start outsourcing jobs to other companies. Ok benefits, get paid weekly, some position have good stability.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Alot of different cons to some jobs
Office Manager/ Human Resource
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasNovember 12, 2016
I did all the training with my staff. I handled all payroll,benefits with over 25 employees. I dealt with Vendors one on one. Worked closely with Senior VP'S of the company.
Daily Workplace
Financial Services Rep (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 1, 2016
It was a high stress environment corporate calling center. educating clients on how to use vacation packages and setting up payments.I would top out monthly for six months in a row. Lunches were an hour long and weekends were always worked accept Sunday.No match 401k, but vacation time was awesome. I got to go to Cancun, Bahamas, Coco Cay, Jet ski in the shiny clear blue ocean with the star fish under my feet.I will never forget this experience.The bonus was an extra pay check monthly.
Pros
Big Bonuses and Big Vacations
Cons
High Stress Environment
Quality Assurance
TELEMARKETING/CUSTOMER SERVICE (Current Employee) –  Pantego, TXJune 8, 2016
Monitoring calls and making sure agents are following the by laws of the company. Maintaining Excel spreadsheets and rating the quality of the call center reps
Pros
Constantly learning new things
Cons
Pay and benefits
Timeshare
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Flint, TXOctober 26, 2016
The day was spent hosting tours of the resort to potential buyers. I learned face to face sales and closing. Management was supportive and motivating. The co-workers were always upbeat. The hardest part was commission based pay and the most enjoyable part was the satisfied customers.
Pros
Good Commissions
Cons
Long Hours with no vacation time
Ugh, this place is horrible!
FRONT DESK (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJanuary 15, 2016
I called to check on my application status about 2 weeks after my interview, (since they said the job is mine as long as my background goes through) they told me they lost my paperwork , so I had to go in and redo the paperwork and then it took a month for them to get my background checked (supposedly) . Once it came back.. they had me start training, the hours sucked..since you were the newbie during training they put you on evening and after you train you work evening . The employees don't know how to properly train. The management is all up on their high horse thinking they own the place, and they rip the "share owners" off! BIG TIME. People pay into their time share for 3 years to get a 'FREE' weekend.. only to show up at the resort and not have the time share available because it was rented to someone else... then they have to find accommodations at a hotel. The way of running this place is just all over the place... I would not suggest working here. Plus for the work you do you don't make good money whatsoever.. not even okay money. No benefits.. unless you're full time.. and there is no one full time.. because their turn over rate is RIDICULOUS so they just hire part time like CRAZY!
Pros
NOTHING
Cons
EVERYTHING ABOUT THE JOB
productive place to work fun enviroment
CSR (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 17, 2016
good place too work okay good idea job great compansation good benefits great place for me too work for me and others fun enviroment to work great place love it
Upbeat and musical enviroment
Lead Generator (Former Employee) –  Pantego, TXAugust 1, 2016
Silver leaf was an outbound call center, calling owner of timeshare to offer a gift card for referring friends and family out to a resort. I learned that money is usually a good key in convincing someone to do something they are not already doing. Management was available with team leads and supervisors. The hardest part of the job would be convincing the guest why they should come out, the owner were rewarded with money. The guest however, had a chance to win a vacation or a car, they even had the option to buy timeshare. What I enjoyed most was the atmosphere, we were a team and participated as one, there was music playing to keep us motivated and pushing to keep going.
Company Getting Better with New Ownership
N/A (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 30, 2016
Work & Home Balance was a continual diminishing concept. Hours and workload kept going up, but no salary increases. Co-workers great. Hardest part of job was lack of sleep. Enjoyable was Independence.
It was a fun job
Appointment Setter (Former Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXApril 5, 2016
Great benefits, Many different managers, co-workers were always inviting! The hardest part of the job was being a telemarketer and some timeshare holders weren't very excited to say the least.
Okay job to work at
Telemarketer/Appointment Setter (Current Employee) –  Pantego, TXJune 29, 2016
Iv worked here for over a year and it's a good place to gain experience but the hours are not good for a person with family just because 10-7 is basically all day. With management there is a lot of favoritism but as long as ur on their good side like I was then your okay . But your job is never secured! When there has been 2 cuts since Iv worked here first cuz was a third of the building everyone was crying and didn't even know it was going to happen until that morning , in the second cut the layed off a whole department. I mean it's good money but it gets to be too much to handle after a while. At times it can be fun but id rather look for another job than stay here honestly . Which is actually why I'm on indeed. On and pay is 9$ an hour plus commission I ended up making over 400$ a week sometimes more
Pros
You get experience
Cons
Hours, favoritism, job never secured
First job in Timeshare
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Canyon Lake, TXDecember 5, 2015
This was my first taste of real sales. A typical day would have me tour families around and explain the benefits of vacation ownership. I learned to speak and communicate very well along with learning how to cover objection tactfully. My co workers were wonderful and I learned something from everyone of them. The hardest part of the job was long hours, sometimes keeping me from 8am till 11pm. The best part was the training and the people. If you can sell this then you can sell anything
Fun workplace!
Sales Representative and Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Sheridan, ILJuly 8, 2016
Working for Silverleaf Resorts was a fun learning process. Each week I made a personal goal sheet which I always made! All management and coworkers were great and very hands on. I typical work day with Silverleaf would start out with a morning meeting and goal overview. After the meeting we would train until our tours arrived. When they arrived we personally showed them the property and explained our programs. I took some time off with the company to have my daughter. After my time was up I returned to the company as a Front desk receptionist.
Pros
Great earning potential.
Cons
Commission
Great Job! Great People!
Fox River Resort (Former Employee) –  Sheridan, ILOctober 5, 2015
I would come into work and have and awesome morning meeting that would get me pumped for the day. Our director would have us retire to the employee lounge where we would practice our sales pitches. As the hours went by each one of us would be called out on the sales floor to take a tour. Other than the fact that I was fired for taking maternity leave I loved this job and have nothing bad to say about it. It was easy and I loved meeting new people. The hardest part of this job was probably hearing the word NO. No I will not buy this product today.
Pros
Great hours, benefits, co-workers, and flexability
Cons
Not getting a sale meant not getting a good paycheck.
silver leaf
Hospitality Representative & Pineyshores Concierge (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXJanuary 2, 2016
its a hard company to work for the hours are all over the place but the people are awesome. the compensation is not the best and advancement is "title" only so the pay stays the same . the turn over is crazy fast but I mean that is life at a resort
Pros
good team
Cons
horrible pay for the work and hours
nice work environment
Guest Relations Agent (Current Employee) –  Pantego, TXJanuary 30, 2016
I like working for Silverleaf since I've been an employee here I've gained a lot of experience. The management team is strong and close almost like a family. the benefits are pretty good as well
Fun enviornment and good money
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 12, 2015
A typical day at work was good. Spoke to clients and listened to their wants and needs. Looked for a product that made them happy. I learned how to deal with people a this job. If I could make them happy in any way, I would. Management was pretty good. We could always talk to someone higher up if needed and they would do what they could to help us out. Co-workers were fun but when it came to the competitive part of the job, you could get stabbed in the back in a heart beat. They never seemed to care about what was fair. Silverleaf was a dog eat dog environment and that's why I left. The hardest part of my job were the long hours. I was trying to raise my little boy and staying up at work until way after dark and not kissing him goodnight sometimes was my hardest part. The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely making money. It was a commission based job, so the harder you worked, the more money you made, and I loved that. I am hardworking and driven so I made as much money as possible and won many awards with the highest numbers because of it!
Collecting
Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 19, 2016
Great company to work for. Great management and co workers. Loved the home and work life balance. Loced the way the bonus structure was