Silverleaf Resorts Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
silverleaf
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Pantego, TXSeptember 12, 2017
I enjoyed working at Silverleaf. It was casual yet professional. I was able to apply for new positions as well as advancement while employed there. They were very kind and understanding if an employee had a personal emergency.
Good if you like sitting in a desk for 8 hours a day
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 9, 2017
Had to sit at a desk while a auto dialer called customer from new york to California and convince them to meet with our sell reps so the can purchase time shares.
Pros
good sells bonuses constant 40 hour week
Cons
Had to sell to get bonuses
Terrible place to work
Call Center Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 5, 2017
I hated working here. Every morning when I woke up I would always dread going in. The managers were very strict about your production, and if you weren't meeting your required quota each hour, they would call you out over the intercom in front of your coworkers. I cried almost daily because I was treated so poorly. I understand it's a fast-paced call center environment, but the employees are only viewed as dollar signs, nothing more.
Pros
No pros
sales
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Canyon Lake, TXSeptember 4, 2017
great place to work
fast and fun place to help people have the best vacations for their families.
great pay
tested your abilities to achieve the things in life you want
Pros
great money
Cons
lack of family time
terrible
Tour Salesman (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXSeptember 3, 2017
the managers only care about themselves.
you have to trick people into buying
the pay is 100% commission and they only give the best customers to certain people
Interesting
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Newark, ILSeptember 2, 2017
The whole image of Silver leaf resorts and their goal is the exact reason that drew me into employment which was to allow anyone to vacation in 4 5 star resorts and villas at an affordable rate! Great property with some amazing Co workers.
Pros
Working on a resort, expanded my thoughts for my own vacation plans
Cons
Poor management
company has been bought
Reports Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 31, 2017
company has been bought by Orange Lake Resorts based in Orlando and my experience with them was very good - I would continue with them but did not want to relocate to Orlando
Comfortable atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 29, 2017

Having said this, I do have to advise you that this company as well as the Corporate Office expected a professional attitude and no slacking off was allowed.

After 14 years with this company it was purchased by another company and all employees were laid off without warning. We were given a fairly good severance pay, but most employees, myself included, would much rather have stayed with this company!

I truly have nothing unsatisfactory to say about either the company or the management!
Pros
Excellent management who were understanding of personal dilemmas and obstacles.
Cons
No cons
Working there was fun
Travel cordnater (Former Employee) –  Hirst txAugust 24, 2017
If u like talking on the phone.then you love this job .you sit all day answer phones talk to to all kinds of people pay was good management was great slow but fun
Productive and great work environment
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXAugust 23, 2017
I worked at Silverleaf for 6 years very great environment family orient the company outsourced so we got laid off but very great pay benefits would i always go back
My time working at Silverleaf
Customer Service Tech (Former Employee) –  Pantego, TXAugust 17, 2017
I liked working for Silverleaf because the managers are helpful people you work with was friendly and nice and got yearly pay raises they was understanding when you had to leave for emergency's
Pros
got paid time off
Cons
wasnt any
Young and good money
Admin Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 9, 2017
It was a very high volume call center. i had never had a sales job before and needed one to obtain experience in today's market. it was a constant go, go, go. i enjoyed it
Pros
worked with friends
Cons
no way to move up
People friendly
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 8, 2017
Good company benefits could better. But great hours good location... But it can get pretty busy at times!! The supervisors are pretty kool as well as some of the team leaders!
Pros
Good company
Cons
Benefits sucks
Productive and ever changing workplace
Manager of Marketing Accounting (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 4, 2017
Productive and ever changing workplace. Enjoyed working with the different departments within the company and interacting with the resort and call center people. .
Pros
free dept. lunches sometime and early release day during holidays
Cons
work on weekends
Stressful place to work......
OPC (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILAugust 1, 2017
Stressful place to work.....
Lots of pressure to make sales.And getting signed leads.It was a terrible commute for someone with no car.The positive to the job was payday.
collections rep
Senior Account Collector (Former Employee) –  northrichland hillsJuly 30, 2017
calling on past due accounts...processing payment working with the customer to get the account current..processing bnkty information..over seeing the department if needed taking irate calls from customers
Excellent Career
Executive Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 25, 2017
This company offered many people, including myself, the opportunity to start at an entry level position; be trained and advance to most any position within the organization.
Worked with amazing people
Data entry (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 25, 2017
I really liked working for Silverleaf Resorts and would still be there if the company had not been sold and moved to Florida. I would make labels for new customers file, received new sales with the money and reconcile.
Pros
Being able to use Resorts in slow time.
Productive and fun workplace with well professional environment.
MP Processor (Former Employee) –  North Richlandhills, TexasJuly 21, 2017
Typical workday would be stressful trying to work quickly to getting things out on time. The work lightens up by the first of the work week.I have learned that management is not an easy job to retain with all the load you have to keep up with.The work place culture is mixed but some of the people there had their favorites that they hung out with. The hardest part of the job is that some of the people weren't as easy to get along with and you got major discounts to use their resorts but had hardly no time to use it and hardly no vacation time. The family medical leave was unpaid and everyone usually has bills and cannot afford to be off with no pay. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you had your own cubicle and could have some peace to yourself while working.
Pros
free luncheons, bonuses, peace, free coffee, severence pay after layoff, and clean environment
Cons
short breaks, unpaid family medical leave, not enough pay, not enough vacation time off, and unorganized management
Nice place to work for a year or two. No more than that
Houseman/Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  19320 San Luis Pass Rd, Galveston, Tx, 77554July 20, 2017
It's a great place but unless you're constantly kissing butt, you won't get anywhere or even recognized for your hard work and efforts. The people are nice but it is the management that make it hard to enjoy the workplace.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Management sucks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Silverleaf Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.