Simco Electronics Employee Reviews

Forced employees to cut corners
Electronics/Calibration/Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 1, 2017
While I was with company they gave customers unrealistic expectations that the technicians would finish jobs a lot faster than it could be done. This forced employees to skip steps to complete jobs for fear they would be fired.
A good place to work
Lead Technician, Primary Quality Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 17, 2017
Employees are treated well and fairly, pay is good and the benefits are also good, but the health insurance is on the expensive side, raises are minimal but there are good opportunities for advancement and promotion, mostly due to the high employee turnover
Simco
Calibration Technician (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CASeptember 12, 2017
Really enjoy the team I work for. Management in my department is some of the best. Everyone works together well and is willing to go the extra mile to get the job done.
Would not hire on with SIMCO electronics
Calibration Technician (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJuly 7, 2017
Hostile work environment, lab supervisor lacked the abilities to lead a team of experienced technician. Management and human resources knew about the situation and turned a blind eye to the problem. They hire and dismiss technician aa the budget allows. The company's policy is to have technician's to work past there 8 hours shift without paying overtime
The lab lacks necessary standards and equipment needed to perform the job correctly.
Technicians are required to purchase their own tools and accessories needed.
The company also does a poor job of customer relations and continually produces a poor product.
Pros
Cons
leadership of the calibration lab
Productive place to work, allows for flexible schedules
Procedure Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 30, 2017
Started as a technician, advanced to lead technician to Lab manager to Procedure Development Manager.

As with most commercial cal labs, focus is more on production and turn time over quality.
Simco
Calibration Technician (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMarch 31, 2017
I really enjoy working for SIMCO because of my co workers, flexibility in my work schedule and the ability to grow in my position. SIMCO has a good benefit packet and vacation policy.
Pros
Management, on the job training, Growth Advancement
Poor culture
Sr. Key Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAMarch 23, 2017
Not interested in writing a review, however I could not proceed until doing so. Here is a short summary of really nothing. Hope this meets the criteria to proceed.
Calibration Technician
Calibration Technician C (Former Employee) –  Springboro, OHJanuary 21, 2017
Generally, 8a - 5p work day. Ability to learn new and challenging test equipment. Management is professional and understanding. Good coworkers. Overnight travel required a lot.
Workplace was unorganized.
Metrology Calibration Technician (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INJuly 28, 2016
Working for Simco was a challenge. There never were enough work stations or standards for the needed calibration.
With the help of my co-workers I learned to use many new standards and procedures need for calibration. They were very knowledgeable and willing to take the time to teach.
There seemed to be a lack of communication between management and workers, especially on the off shifts.
The hardest thing to accept was the fact that there were "to many Chiefs and not enough Indians".
I enjoyed being able to work at my own pace and being able to
ask for assistance when needed.
Great People
SIMCO CALIBRATION LABORATORY SUPPORT TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, INMay 31, 2016
The people here are great. Very friendly and always willing to help. There are always opportunities to learn new things that could help in the future.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Needs better management and organization, no advancement
Field Service Technician C (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAApril 17, 2016
Until they learn how to manage personnel and stop hiring people they find a Home Depot street corner, I wouldn't go back to working for them. There is never room for advancement because they would rather hire someone new to fill any position instead of promoting within.
Pros
work experience
Cons
management, racist, hostile work enviroment
Avoid at all costs!
Calibration Technician B (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJanuary 7, 2016
Standards are sub par and cheap like the compensation. Leadership is militant, disrespectful and generally not helpful whatsoever. If management doesn't like you, they fabricate a reason to lay you off. And the worst part, Santa Clara local is a rubber stamping ("gun decking") factory on an industrial scale.
Pros
If you're unemployed, it's a job...
Cons
everything else
Solid company to work for.
calibration technician (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNNovember 30, 2015
All types of calibration was performed. Learned all about the metrology field in general. Management was a very supportive crew. The people I worked with were helpful, and supportive. Everybody seemed to get along. Keeping up with turn around time when busy was the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable was the feeling of satisfaction knowing that the test instruments calibrated were okay to be used in production setups.
was my stepping stone after my time in the US NAVY.
Manager - Midwest Area Operations (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILAugust 23, 2015
Was a good company, moved up quickly as a technician, then into management, and Midwest Area manager, then a reduction in force as they called it.
Not a bad year...
Calibration Technician C (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 7, 2015
I worked at the Minneapolis Branch. I thoroughly enjoyed working with the highly skilled individuals who worked there and the Operations Manager was always flexible and understanding to unexpected events. The most difficult thing about working there was being forced to push gear out at an insanely high rate with less people than was required.
Pros
People, Boss, Pay...
Cons
Advancement, Procedures
Calibration Technician (Current Employee) –  Eastern SeaboardApril 16, 2015
Provides a great environment to work in. Great people, great ethics and good pay. Learning potential is high and definitely gives you a step up in the technical fields.
Not a terible place to work, but litle room for advancement.
Calibration Technician (Current Employee) –  Springboro, OHDecember 16, 2014
There's not a whole lot of room for advancement. The management situation has been very static. Technician level promotions are not something I've experienced in my 3 years with this company. The company has moved forward over the years through refining procedures, documentation and processes, but does not update equipment to reflect the changing needs of our processes. Raises are infrequent. Health insurance is very expensive for the level of compensation. Sales have been dying off due to inflexibility of pricing and the work load has reflected that.
Pros
Overtime, Onsites
Cons
Expensive health care
Delivery Driver
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Chatsworth, CASeptember 5, 2014
Deliver and pick up parts for customer for calibration and repair. and talk to customer what they need. for next delivery
SIMCO Review
Calibration Technician (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, INSeptember 3, 2014
SIMCO is a great company to work for that cares about the well being of their employees. They have several locations all over which is good to keep most calibrations within the company and helpful if you need to move you could potentially transfer.
Ok place to work
Sr. General Ledger Accountant (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJune 11, 2014
Simco is very busy company. I have learn a lot every since i am on board. to me i am experience a bad management at the moment. I feel that my Manager doesn't appreciate my hard work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Simco Electronics. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4