Simi Valley Hospital Employee Reviews

understaffed. no a lot of support
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAMay 9, 2017
in my department at least, they understaff based on a point system. they do this to cut costs. this results in a really small night shift staff. since this is a hospital, if things get extremely busy at night then we are left running around like crazy with absolutely no breaks
Healthy work environment.
RN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAApril 29, 2017
As a nurse, Simi Valley Hospital restored my faith in the delivery of health care and the creation of a healthy work environment. Employees are happy and loyal and the leadership team is supportive and approachable.
The hospital has a great team of educators who want to see the nurses succeed. Even the doctors who often work at surrounding hospitals have commented on the positive environment that exists at this hospital.
Pros
Healthy work environment, non-union, and loyal.
Cons
Not a trauma hospital if you are seeking such experience.
Wonderful Caring People
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAApril 1, 2017
This is an amazing place to work. The workload is just right and challenging. Everyone is treated with respect and dignity, never belittled, only encouraged to to better.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Moving to a Shared Service Model
Great place to work!!
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAJanuary 8, 2017
Staff is friendly and courteous to one another. Management goes above and beyond to make their employees feel appreciated. Pay could be better but work environment is well worth making a little less. Every day begins and ends with prayer, I love that.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Pay scale a little lower
Productive and fun place to work. Good company to work for.
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAJanuary 2, 2017
Pharmacy is a one big family! It is a good place to work and the whole team is very accommodating. The management is also good and they listen to the employees suggestions.
Pros
Very accommodating director and team.
Management is a joke
RN (Current Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAOctober 28, 2016
You want quality in a hospital, right. Well you must start with quality management. The lowest quality person in personal relations Gets to be the director of this dept. Favoritism, talking about everyone behind their backs, promoting non qualified people because there was so much bum kissing. Why is a non clinical person managing clinical staff. They know nothing but data... so lets promote them to something they are NOT qualified for. Talked more than they worked. If you engaged in wine discussions you were the favorite pet, otherwise you were treated like dirt. So much for quality...
Pros
Great hospital, family like
Cons
Management needs new blood. In almost all depts
Productive and caring facility with amazing employees
Central Supply Technician (Current Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAOctober 7, 2016
There's always something new to see and learn working in a hospital environment. The best part of my job was definitely seeing not only my coworkers but every friendly face in the hospital. The hardest part of my job would be time management. We get a lot thrown at us at once and we always worked as a team and got it done in a timely manner.
Pros
Great coworkers and good food.
Cons
Management can be a bit screwy at times
Safe and well managed work place
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CASeptember 29, 2016
Simi Valley Hospital is a great community hospital that is trusted by the local residents and patients. All members of the healthcare team work together to ensure patient satisfaction.
Fun place to work, but pay needs to increase
Unit Secretary II (Current Employee) –  Simi Valley, CASeptember 23, 2016
Very busy, learn something new each day. Overall it is a good place to work. The only major downfall is the compensation. The pay is very low for the amount of work that is required
Pros
Always changing
Cons
Pay
Great work environment
LVN (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAOctober 8, 2015
All aspects of the healthcare facility worked together fro the well being of the patients. There are many amazing employees there.
Great place to work where you never have the same day twice
Unit Secretary II (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CASeptember 26, 2014
Monitored patient heart rhythms, recorded findings in medical records, and printed cardiac rhythm strips for charts and doctors
Maintained and cleaned electrode leads and ensured easy transfers of ECG’s between departments
Demonstrated and understanding and knowledge of cardiac rhythms and dysrhythmias.
Managed up to 20 patients simultaneously.
Exciting fast paced emergency room
Emergency Room, Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CASeptember 14, 2014
I have never been so privileged to work with such skilled co-workers. The level of not only professionalism, but amazing interpersonal qualities of all of my former co-workers is unmatched!
Pros
Great work environment for learning and performing normal job duties.
Cons
Not a lot of management contact.
Great Surgeons and good working environment
Certified Surgical Technologist / Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CASeptember 10, 2014
I love my job. Simi Valley Hospital was in my neighborhood and it was nice to be able to work in my community
It's fun Place to work
ER Assistance (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAAugust 7, 2014
Management and staff are very friendly.I had great working experience there.
Intern
Intern (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAFebruary 17, 2014
I loved interning at Simi Valley. They provided you with the training and then you were pretty much on your own and had the ability to schedule your work how you wanted to throughout the day.
Amazing and growing community
Registered Nurse - Emergency Room (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley HospitalSeptember 19, 2013
Very professional and highly skilled place and pays utmost importance to patient well being.
Internship
Intern (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CASeptember 13, 2013
I went into the internship with an open mind to be able to learn more about how the healthcare field operated. I was lucky enough to have a preceptor let me attend almost every meeting she had when I went in for work. I helped her department organize their current immunization project, as well as help with every day clerical work whenever work would pile up on them.
extremly dedicaded staff with posotive attitudes and profesionalism
Facilities Engineer (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAMarch 23, 2013
maintaining a community hospital where patients can be family and neighbors was important upholding the highest of work ethic
productive
Radiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAFebruary 16, 2013
A fairly buzy hospital with many different jobs to do. Duties included Diagnostic x-ray, fluoroscopy and surgery.
Productive, Fun workplace, Nice Co-Workers
Switchboard Operator-Admin. Assistant (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAOctober 3, 2012
I like this job because there was a lot of customer service and helping people. I like meeting people and helping if I can.
Pros
monthly pot lucks
Cons
not enough communication between departments.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Simi Valley Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval