Simmering Soup Kitchen, LLC is adding a Maintenance Technician to support our existing department in meeting the needs of our growing business.
Simmering Soup is a food processing business with a production facility located in Cumberland, Rhode Island. We produce refrigerated entrees, soups, salads, sandwiches and wraps for discerning customers in the grocery and food service sectors. We have an extensive product line that is constantly changing and expanding, and many of our ingredients are fresh, highly perishable food items.
Reporting to Facility Manager of our food manufacturing business, together with the other member of the maintenance team, you will be responsible for installing, troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining production and facility equipment.
Perform a wide range of tasks necessary to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment and scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment.
- Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions.
- High school diploma/GED and completion of a craft apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years of education and production maintenance experience.
- An AA degree in electrical, or industrial maintenance a plus;
- Ability to read, understand and follow equipment manuals and work orders
- 4+ years of manufacturing experience; strong pneumatic, mechanical and industrial skills with HVAC.
- Refrigeration experience
- Highly motivated and able to work independently.
- Self motivated, initiative, creative, get it done attitude, bilingual a plus
Indeed - 30+ days ago