Simmons Bank Employee Reviews

Stressful place to work
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  AnonymousNovember 19, 2017
Continues to purchase other banks, growing too fast without a solid infrastructure. Computer programs slow and down a lot making it hard to get work accomplished. A lot of turnover. If you are a woman, do not plan to have your accomplishments recognized or appreciated. You have to be a member of the good old boys club in order to fit in. Stressful environment. Bonus potential only offered to those with customer contact. Bonus for support staff was discontinued several years ago. High deductible health insurance along with monthly premium.
Pros
Somewhat flexible schedule
Cons
Management, favoritism
Great benefits
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARNovember 17, 2017
The culture has not remained what it once was. I understand that change is inevitable in all fields of work, but to see a place that you once literally gave your blood,sweat, and even a few tears in abandon that is disheartening.
Pros
Great benefits
Teller (Former Employee) –  Marshall, AROctober 29, 2017
Nice people, fast paced, had to make a set number of sales to get bonus. Friendly managers, within reason,sometimes I had to travel to other locations or for trainings.
Excellent company
Bank Operations Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, AROctober 23, 2017
Simmons Bank is a fantastic, growing company that cares about its employees and customers. Community involvement is a priority. The only reason I left was because I of relocation.
simmons bank
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, AROctober 22, 2017
great opportunities, awesome pay, and great management. always willing to help teach you everything and great training.. i would recommend Simmons bank to all my friends.
Wonderful work environment
Universal Banker (Current Employee) –  Siloam Springs, AROctober 18, 2017
I've been with Simmons for over 3 years and love my job. Simmons is a larger bank with a very hometown feel. We call our customers by name and genuinely care for their well being. Great customer service is a must in this well balanced field. Some days we are very busy and others are more relaxed. Raises are very good. Benefits are good but not great. Paid time off is wonderful as is paid holidays. Must be willing to learn, work as a team and sale bank products. Sales are fairly easy but do require some effort. Overall great place to work!
Pros
Great coworkers, management & flexible schedule.
Cons
Less than great Medical insurance. Not bad but could be a lot better.
Stressful
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, AROctober 5, 2017
Very understaffed and very stressful work environment. Management could use a little work. You do get benefits and vacation, which is good for families.
Productive workplace, rude and bad customers
Teller (Current Employee) –  White Hall, AROctober 4, 2017
Very busy work, i learned about the computer system, good manager, hardest part of the job was the stress and bad customers, most enjoyable part was good co-workers.
Nice work group
account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARSeptember 25, 2017
worked in a team of people who were responsible to balance the mortgage fee accounts for the bank to ensure postings were correct and tracked to the correct people.
Pros
Nice work environment
Cons
no simmons bank in Mississippi
It was a good place to work
Senior Loan Clerk Indirect Lending (Current Employee) –  Pine Bluff, AR 71601September 7, 2017
I enjoyed working in the lending department and had great people to work with. The hours were good and my supervisor did not mind giving you extra time off if you needed it. The pay could have been better,
Pros
great working atmosphere
Cons
not always appreciated by upper management
Great paying job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARAugust 23, 2017
Great paying job, just no chance to ever move up. You answer phone and help the customers with all issues. Debit Card, Online Banking, Loan inquires or payments and so much more.
Up and down
Teller (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOAugust 7, 2017
I've worked with Simmons for almost a year now and some days it's a really easy going place to work and other days it's a lot of pressure and stressful. This is a great place for someone who likes a lot of responsibility with no status. The manager is very unsteady. We are very understaffed and management doesn't seem to be in any hurry to hire. I'm currently looking for a new job.
Pros
Free lunch about twice a month
Cons
Unsteady work place overall
Productive yet stressful,love the customers
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARAugust 1, 2017
Productive yet stressful,love the customers,compensation is lacking ,benefits are good,learned alot about banking rules and regulations,chances for advancement depends on your location
Okay job if you're looking for something basic
Teller (Former Employee) –  fort smith, ARAugust 1, 2017
Very, Very slow environment. Perfect for someone who doesn't have a degree and only wants a day job and doesnt care about moving up. Benefits were okay, not the best. Forget taking a day off, there simply aren't enough people working to allow for a day off. Most everyone has worked there so long they get first vacations and there isn't room for much after that. If 1 person is off then nobody else can be off.
Pros
easy job
Cons
slow, cant move up
Mortgage Specialist (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 15, 2017
They're buying out a lot of banks and not fully structured. I enjoyed my time there. Friendly staff. My department was downsized and no notice was given. It would have been nice to have had a chance to look for another position.
Since going corporate the stress is unreal. Women did not advance up the ladder in the Jonesboro location.
Drive Thru Teller (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARJune 16, 2017
High stress job. Must meet monthly quatos. Since October of 2016 over 17 employees have left for better jobs or retired due to health issues. Stock prices have gone down way to much.
Pros
Great customers and great hours
Cons
No lunches for the full time drive thru employees.
Simmons Review
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 12, 2017
Very good job to work for and the job culture is peaceful. The hours vary from branch to branch and the bonus checks are harder to get now. Even if you make your individual goals or more, if the branch doesn't make its goal as an whole then you won't receive payout.
Pros
Good benefits, off holidays
Cons
bonus checks
Fun place to work with plenty of personalities to get comfortable with
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 12, 2017
This job has it's ups and downs in a typical day and can go from super-slow with nobody around to very high-paced and frantic within a 5-minute period. Monday, Friday, and Saturday are always the busiest days of the week. I would suggest this job to anyone who is willing to talk to people about their financial life, enjoys sales, and has a general love for people.
Pros
Generally easy job, sales goals are usually esay to obtain, competitive pay
Cons
Occassional attempted robbery, no scheduled breaks for part-time
The bank is too big and not enough direct support.
Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 2, 2017
It takes too long to get any questions answered. The company is so large that you have to send any questions to a general email( computer problems for example) and hope they will get back with you quick.
Stressful and demanding environment w low pay.
Personal Banker/Vault Teller (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 5, 2017
The majority of the people at Simmons have been great to work with and I have learned a lot from them. The work environment is very stressful. The demands put on the employees have become greater and greater every quarter for the last 2 years, while compensation has been cut, and lay offs are a constant threat. I have seen it exemplified many times over, where the company will let excellent employees (money makers and assets to the company) simply walk away without even trying to be competitive salary-wise.
Pros
Free bank account, and paid holidays.
Cons
Low pay, expensive benefits, long hours and Saturday shifts.