Simmons Bedding Company Employee Reviews

Is a good place to start but they dont pay good it's only the overtime that increase our weekly pay.
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  DFW Airport, TXJune 11, 2017
They are nice management,They have discount for the workers,They have good pension but the only thing is the hourly rate is not good I have been working for 4 years but they pay me 12.85 at least $15. 00 will be fine
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
10 minutes break
Simmons review
Utility (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIApril 25, 2017
They have good benefits and good pay. They work a lot and don't always get enough training with a new job. You will always have a job if your on time and not missing.
Good place to work with advancement opportunities
Continuous Improvement Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 29, 2017
- Fast pace work environment
- You learn how to make educated decisions that are different everyday
- Good teamwork
- Work culture is hard due to the physical nature of the job but is rewarding
Fast Paced
Sewer (Former Employee) –  Tolleson, AZJanuary 29, 2017
Great job for sewers. Loved my team, and management. Very organized and productive. Great communication among management and laborers. Daily huddles to go over expectations.
Not Good
Kitting department (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAJanuary 10, 2017
not a good company they have poor management they wont succeed if they dont make changes soon so i wont work for them again thats for sure
Excellent Culture with Opportunity for growth
Brand Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 14, 2016
Simmons is a great company that allows employees to grow. There are some challenges as the company is going through a major change. However management is committed to ensuring everyone is aware of upcoming changes.
Great products with brand power in the field to maximize floor space and income
Senior Territory Manager, Western Region (Current Employee) –  San Leandro, CANovember 23, 2015
Great products with brand power in the field to maximize floor space and income

Consolidation may continue as industry struggles
Great Experience
Accounts Receivables Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAOctober 13, 2015
This is a great company to work for. You will meet a lot of wonderful people. I enjoyed working with the team! Fun place to work, in this big company.
Cons
Productive and a Fun place to work for
Cost Accountant (Former Employee) –  Compton, CASeptember 18, 2015
I worked for this company for 27 and a half years.
I always performed the best work I was capable of and belive the proof ot this can be seen in the quality of work and praise I received from this former employer.
I was very happy and productive, and a valued member of the team.
I was always willing to learn new things and adapt to changing circumtances. I was able to fit in with the culture of the Organization.
Pros
Very friendly enviroment.
Cons
Company closed and moved to Moreno Valley, Ca
Customer Service Representative in Home Delivery
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 5, 2015
Responding to customer calls and emails. Also communicating with dealers regarding customer order issues. Learned how to work in a high stress/ sales environment with high email volume.
Pros
Closed during Major Holidays
Cons

Want to know more about Simmons Bedding Company?

Ask a question
A lot of work for so so
Worker (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 3, 2015
A lot of work is expected from individuals and the pay is not comparable to the amount of work that you have. It can be very disorganized and depending on the department the management can be awful. The good thing is that you can dress casual on Fridays and you can leave at 3 on Friday.
Pros
Casual Friday, Leave at 3 on Fridays
Cons
Poor work-life balance
Great place to work and grow
Production Control (Current Employee) –  Waycross,GaFebruary 28, 2015
• Process, print, and organize production tickets and labels by production zone
• Order labels and medallions
• Perform monthly cycle counts
• Trained as backup to Logistics Manager
• Assist Human Resource Manager
• Safety Champion
• Manage a high-volume workload within a deadline-driven environment
• Interface daily with internal partners in accounting, production, and logistics
• Process receipt of raw materials
• Log daily maintenance purchase orders
• Record and maintain daily Quality Audits
• Ability to learn quickly
• Assisted in the successful implementation of two ERP systems
• Designated as system Super User and traveled to other facilities to assist with implementation
• Participate in year-end physical inventory audited by PWC
• Participated in Kaizen event to organize and 5S raw materials
• Demonstrated ability to work well without supervision and in a team environment
Pros
Work Enviroment
Cons
Long commute
good working place
Senior Developer (Current Employee) –  FremontFebruary 20, 2015
The Simmons Bedding Company is an American major manufacturer of mattresses and related bedding products, based in Atlanta, Georgia. It has its own stores across different regions in USA and Canada. User who sells products sitting in a store can generate a sales analysis report for particular period in order to predict their sales.

Responsibilities:

 To support implementation, fix & resolve any URGENT or CRITICAL issues in production environment.
 To handle all the escalations and reporting
 Handled major Developments in generating Enquiry reports.
 Worked in OHM Tool to design screens and reports.
 Worked on TCL window to write programs and queries.
 Written Procedures to handle Screens and reports generated through OHM tool
 Written Phantom, Chron, Subroutines and driver Programs.
 Worked on indexing.
 Good knowledge on correlatives.
 Code Optimization
 Worked on designing and developing Report Forms and Print Forms.
 Understanding the requirements from client and giving high level estimates based on the requirement.
 Prepare technical solution document, Info basic coding for data validation, and error message handling.
 Integrating data & programs in document and provide them for Functional level testing to Business users.
 Tracking/Verifying & Closing Defects and deliver the finished job to client.
 Mentor, Review & analyze the Technical specification/Code done by the team as per the design & requirement.
 Worked on indexing, correlatives, I descriptors.
 Review unit test cases & suggest re-work (if any).
 To track & send all
  more... the status reports to Onshore-leads & clients on daily-basis.
 Experience in different sprint jobs.
Simmons Bedding has a very good team player environment.
Customer Service Representative/Front Desk (Current Employee) –  Waycross, GADecember 29, 2014
As with any job--it can be stressful at times but the environment is laid back and everyone gets along with each other. We know when its work time and but we also know when to have a little fun. This keeps everyone smiling even during the rough days. Overall, Simmons has been a wonderful place to work and I would continue to work there if they weren't eliminating 5 of the admin positions with the office, which includes mine.
Pros
Good team players
Cons
Too far from town---to take a lunch break away from the office
hard work and fast enviroment
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  janesville , wisconsinDecember 9, 2014
always a hard physical and mentally stress day at work including lifting heavy beds , moving fast past, and exhausting labor. the managers stand around making sure everything runs smoothly .
Pros
three 10 minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch break
Cons
short breaks and alot of hard labor
Unorganized and hectic
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 28, 2014
Not a good place to work. Management is abusive, unorganized, and unprofessional. Hard work up to 65 hours a week with low pay and very short breaks.
great company
Customer service manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 19, 2014
Goin to work was great!, everybody in the office gets along and helps train eachother on their job,
Family is first, amazing!!!
perfect hours to have time for the family
I hope I can find a job that cares about eachother as much as they do here.
Pros
lunch ins with the facility
Cons
health care is expensive
Working with the customer service department to enter daily orders and customer returns and call customers with delivery information.
Administrative Assistant (Temp) (Current Employee) –  Janesville, WIAugust 7, 2014
Scan all Bills of Lading into Stellent, reassemble and file.
Receptionist duties including answering and directing phone calls, paging employees, date stamping mail, delivering all mail, greeting all visitors with a friendly smile and upbeat attitude and properly signing them in and out.
Data entry.
Assist accounting and payroll with filing, copying, scanning, prearranging entering data on spreadsheets, and reconciling temporary hours with invoices.
Simmons
Controller (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 29, 2014
Have worked for Simmons for over 13 years and have really enjoyed the people I have personally worked with.
Retail account specialist
Retail Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 12, 2014
I started off in this company as a Retail Account Specialist. I have great leadership that was tough but fair. They challenged me to advance in everything I did and within a year they turned me into a superstar. In no time at all I was presented with opportunities to lead and potential advancement within the company. It was tough at first making the sacrifices to work weekends but this lead to even better results and eventually I saw improved performance in my territory. Overall, there are a lot of opportunities for you to advance in your career path with this company. If you decide you like account management or sales training then you can go either way through a clear defined structure. I was surprised to learn how many younger strategic account managers there are in this company. This is a great company to grow with that has a tremendous sense of community. Everyone is there to help you and make you better as long as you are ready to work.
Pros
Higher mileage reimbursement than most other companies
Cons
Work some weekends but its really not that bad after you get use to it.