Simmons Bedding Company Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and a Fun place to work for
Cost Accountant (Former Employee) –  Compton, CASeptember 18, 2015
I worked for this company for 27 and a half years.
I always performed the best work I was capable of and belive the proof ot this can be seen in the quality of work and praise I received from this former employer.
I was very happy and productive, and a valued member of the team.
I was always willing to learn new things and adapt to changing circumtances. I was able to fit in with the culture of the Organization.
Pros
Very friendly enviroment.
Cons
Company closed and moved to Moreno Valley, CA
A lot of work for so so
Worker (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 3, 2015
A lot of work is expected from individuals and the pay is not comparable to the amount of work that you have. It can be very disorganized and depending on the department the management can be awful. The good thing is that you can dress casual on Fridays and you can leave at 3 on Friday.
Pros
Casual Friday, Leave at 3 on Fridays
Cons
Poor work-life balance
Customer Service Representative in Home Delivery
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 5, 2015
Responding to customer calls and emails. Also communicating with dealers regarding customer order issues. Learned how to work in a high stress/ sales environment with high email volume.
Pros
Closed during Major Holidays
Great Experience
Accounts Receivables Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAOctober 13, 2015
This is a great company to work for. You will meet a lot of wonderful people. I enjoyed working with the team! Fun place to work, in this big company.
Cons
Simmons Bedding has a very good team player environment.
Customer Service Representative/Front Desk (Current Employee) –  Waycross, GADecember 29, 2014
As with any job--it can be stressful at times but the environment is laid back and everyone gets along with each other. We know when its work time and but we also know when to have a little fun. This keeps everyone smiling even during the rough days. Overall, Simmons has been a wonderful place to work and I would continue to work there if they weren't eliminating 5 of the admin positions with the office, which includes mine.
Pros
good team players
Cons
too far from town---to take a lunch break away from the office
Great place to work and grow
Production Control (Current Employee) –  Waycross,GaFebruary 28, 2015
• Process, print, and organize production tickets and labels by production zone
• Order labels and medallions
• Perform monthly cycle counts
• Trained as backup to Logistics Manager
• Assist Human Resource Manager
• Safety Champion
• Manage a high-volume workload within a deadline-driven environment
• Interface daily with internal partners in accounting, production, and logistics
• Process receipt of raw materials
• Log daily maintenance purchase orders
• Record and maintain daily Quality Audits
• Ability to learn quickly
• Assisted in the successful implementation of two ERP systems
• Designated as system Super User and traveled to other facilities to assist with implementation
• Participate in year-end physical inventory audited by PWC
• Participated in Kaizen event to organize and 5S raw materials
• Demonstrated ability to work well without supervision and in a team environment
Pros
work enviroment
Cons
long commute
Working with the customer service department to enter daily orders and customer returns and call customers with delivery information.
Administrative Assistant (Temp) (Current Employee) –  Janesville, WIAugust 7, 2014
Scan all Bills of Lading into Stellent, reassemble and file.
Receptionist duties including answering and directing phone calls, paging employees, date stamping mail, delivering all mail, greeting all visitors with a friendly smile and upbeat attitude and properly signing them in and out.
Data entry.
Assist accounting and payroll with filing, copying, scanning, prearranging entering data on spreadsheets, and reconciling temporary hours with invoices.
Productive and fast-paced
Foundation Production Lead (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 27, 2014
Multiple jobs to be learned, hours are order based 4 hours a day guaranteed, very good management will take personal one on one meetings when needed, co workers are as friendly as family and will help you if learn or improve if asked, numbers are taken hourly and are usually team based and depend on speed, but the family atmosphere will make things easier and more enjoyable as days pass
Pros
good health plan
Cons
hours spike and plunge at random
Fast paced, fun and challenging environment.
Human Resource Manager/ Regional Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Seattle and DenverJanuary 5, 2014
Simmons is very innovative and always changing its product to meet customer demands. My job is to align with the Plant Management team on HR initiatives and ensure policies are being followed. I am responsible for the management of the plant along with the Operations Manager and Controller for two plants. Additionally, I support 9 plants in their recruiting efforts. The best part of the job is that I enjoy the people and being a part of a team the worst part is not having the bandwidth.
One of the worst companies I have worked for.
Employee (Former Employee) –  2450 Esters Blvd., Suite 100, DFW Airport, TXOctober 22, 2013
Worked 12-15 hour days and most Saturdays. HR was seldom ever on the floor and not employee friendly. Management seemed to be managing from behind most of the time. Supervision was typically under staffed. Three-day weekends were nonexistent as most Saturdays before and after a holiday were worked. The production floor was very hot in the summer and cold in the winter...6 heaters (not all worked) to cover about 1/4 million square feet with about 60 dock doors. If you want no family life, Simmons is the place for you.
Pros
can't think of any.
Cons
don't expect to see your family, except on sundays and some of those are worked.
Productive friendly atmosphere
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Compton, CANovember 23, 2012
busy from start to fininsh. traveled to learn installing and repairing new equipment. Friendly atmosphere with co-workers. The hardest part of the job was not enough time to complete tasks due to cut backs.
The most enjoyable part of the job was to travel and learn new skills.
certified cpr and first aid. forklift certified. Participated in company outting called the game of life. where it involved all employees to participate and work as a team. learning each individuals strengths and weaknesses. Giving support to one another in the individual games.
Pros
the ability to learn new skills, working with others as a team.
Cons
not enough hours in a day to complete all that needed to be done, due to cut-backs.
hard work and fast enviroment
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  janesville , wisconsinDecember 9, 2014
always a hard physical and mentally stress day at work including lifting heavy beds , moving fast past, and exhausting labor. the managers stand around making sure everything runs smoothly .
Pros
three 10 minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch break
Cons
short breaks and alot of hard labor
Very rude managers, Not a good work environment
Supervisor Receiving (Former Employee) –  Tolleson, AZDecember 6, 2012
A typical day at Simmons is going in at 6:30am and working until 3:30pm. What I learned about this company is that they are not very professional and do not care about their employees. The hardest part of this job was lifting 150 lbs rolls of fabric.
Pros
good pay hourly
Cons
mangement attitudes, rude staff
great company
Customer service manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 19, 2014
Goin to work was great!, everybody in the office gets along and helps train eachother on their job,
Family is first, amazing!!!
perfect hours to have time for the family
I hope I can find a job that cares about eachother as much as they do here.
Pros
lunch ins with the facility
Cons
health care is expensive
Great company and culture that went bad.
Mail Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 28, 2014
The culture at Simmons was one of the things that attracted me to stay. Over time with several management changes, organizational changes on a regular basis and a hostel buyout the company cared less about it's people and more about the bottom line.
Pros
good question
Cons
healthcare, management
No future in this company
SALES (Former Employee) –  NEW JERSEYJanuary 28, 2014
One of the worst companies I have ever worked for. Abusive managers, using vulgar language, no respect for employees. Complete liars, do not back up there employees. Make poor decisions and blame sales people for following managers direction.
Cons
poor pay - no family life - poor training
Very long hours and high turnover rate
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Agawam MAJuly 7, 2013
This company lied to me about my hours saying I would work around 9 hours a day and the occasional Saturday. I feel as if I got cheated as I work anywhere from 11-14 hours each day, 6 days a week. They told me that I would work an occasional Saturday, it turned out that I got the occasional Saturday off. While I worked there many people complained about the hours and anytime you mention the hours they always point to the door and say there is the exit.

Co-workers vary tremendously, you have many language barriers from all over the world which is awesome and interesting and also creates challenges. It isn't unusual here to be working and notice that someone walked out because they can't stand the stress of the place.

The most enjoyable part of this job is that it isn't micro managed and you are trusted to take lead and make changes.

What I learned here is to ask more questions before accepting a job offer.
Pros
hours if you are hourly.
Cons
hours, turnover rate.
Very good company to work for!
ACCOUNT MANAGER - INSIDE SALES (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 10, 2013
Simmons is a very nice company to work for, the culture and the people are nice and enjoyable. Love working there but there is not much room to grown unless you are willing to move to another state (this only applies to the sales dept.)
good starting point to enter furniture industry
Sales executive (Former Employee) –  ATLMarch 14, 2012
an iconic company with great products that deliver needed benefits to the end consumers. The company has a great core or constituents. A common internal concern with work load and work/life balance.
Great people
CORPORATE TRAINER / RETAIL ACCOUNTS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 17, 2012
the 'fun' kind of stress,loved it!
Manageable territory size, diverse accounts, if you like speaking/training a variety of salespeople then you will love it even more

Simmons Bedding Company Reviews by Location