Simmons College Employee Reviews in United States

Productive Workplace
Technician (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 28, 2016
Great place to work. Management is very nice and understanding, and the environment can be relaxing. The job can be either really slow or nonstop, but both situations are still quite manageable.
Good college job
Phone Caller (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 5, 2016
The Phonathon program has a great atmosphere, and it is a good way to start getting work experience while still in college.
Mentorship is the way to go
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 25, 2016
Having worked in the library, as a research assistant, and as an exam proctor, there's a trend I've noticed across the departments. People encourage you to grow. There are so many good thing I could say about the departments I've worked with, I don't know where to start.
Pros
Free food after events, sponsored lunches, mentorship
Cons
student positions, part-time, no benefits
wonderful
Section instructor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 9, 2016
.It has been a great place to work for . The faculty and tech support are always there when you need them. I will continue to adjunct for the college .
always overtime
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 30, 2016
management was not the best, but there is options if you wanted to advance in the department, I haven't been employed with them for about 3 years so things could have changed, but there is still a very high turn over rate, which proves otherwise.
Productive environment,
Support (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 11, 2015
Worked for over 10 years. Had a positive experience but when through many changes including, institution-wide layoffs, reorganization, outsourcing, etc. But many people stick around. Good community of people. Closed during winter break. Hardest part was being on-call for my position.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Being on-call 24/7
Good environment
Undergraduate Researcher (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 25, 2015
A very good environment. There is a definite good support from the professors. A very open and good relationship between student:student and student:professor
A great place for young minds!
Associate Director (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 1, 2015
The young women attending Simmons are outstanding, and working with them on a regular basis is a joy and pleasure.

Those working at Simmons are also bright and looking to challenge their colleagues to their utmost potential. It is a stimulating environment to be in.
This workplace encourages original thinking
Graduate Student (Current Employee) –  Boston MAMay 8, 2015
While in graduate school, I was encouraged to undertake my own projects, learn new technologies all while having the full support and encouragement of faculty. With this urging, I am currently constructing my mobile application and mobile website. I not only find these two pursuits educational, but also quite enjoyable.

Along with this, we were reimbursed for subscriptions to professional publications as well as a portion of the cost to attend conferences.

While here, the emphasis was on collaboration, planning, building, testing and presentation of our finished products. The most enjoyable portion of my education so far is the realization of a mental image and then sharing it with the world. The most frustrating is the periodically poor feedback recieved from my collegues and instructors.
Pros
Brown Bag Lectures, journal reimbursement
Cons
No angular courses.
Very progressive higher ed institution.
Senior Human Resources Advisor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 6, 2015
Simmons Leadership was very progressive and forthright and set a tremendous example for faculty and staff. A very "top-down" managed institution.
Productive workplace with creative freedom
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 17, 2015
Allows new ideas and opinions while focusing on doing what needs to be done. Integrates all people into the community and facilitates communication amongst coworkers in a friendly manner. Overall good experience.
A Great Experience
Technology & Circulation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 8, 2015
A person could learn a lot from working at simmons college and the people there are very friendly. The hardest thing for me was sometimes not finishing what I was working on before I'm done for the day
A day in the life of a maintenance man
Buildings and Grounds (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 13, 2014
The best part of any day at work is when I have made a customer happy. There are few work request that make me cringe, they usually involve a clogged drain. At one time I was learning quite a bit at work, cutting in and installing new door ways, how to install ACT ceilings, office renovations to name a few. Now the crew is so small we are not able to do much of this work anymore and outside contractors are used. For me this is the hardest part of the job, no longer mentally stimulating.

The benifits are some of the best I have ever received. Although they have changed for new employees.
.Net Developer
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 19, 2014
• Solid understanding of OOP, Object Oriented Analysis and Design (OOD), and RDBMS concepts.
• Extensive experience with TDD and creating web applications using the ASP.NET MVC framework as well as some experience with ASP.NET Web Forms applications.
• Experience in Entity model implementation using .NET Entity Framework.
• Solid understanding and experience in ADO.NET and LINQ to interact with RDBMS.
• Programming Knowledge in creating and maintaining SQL Databases, Tables, Stored Procedures, Triggers, and T-SQL.
SUper
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 22, 2014
Great learning environment. Not overly competitive but you definitely need to go after opportunities, they are not always available.
fun atmosphere
Cashier/Food service (Former Employee) –  Brookline, MAApril 8, 2014
Simmons was a nice place to work at it showed me how to be more independent as well work with a team. my co workers were great and the diverse students that I have came in contact with was a plus. The hardest part about this job was sometimes providing the necessary assigned lunches for students who have requested them. Some were picky and very unsure of what they wanted. Also some staff was very unreliable at times to help out. It was a great experience overall.
Pros
free lunch, meeting different people
Cons
some staff was uncooperative
Great Non-profit client experience.
Studio Five (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 10, 2014
Studio Five is a faculty-supervised communications workplace where collaborative teams of students produce projects for non-profit clients. Clients’ communications needs are analyzed and optimal solutions for budget and deadlines are provided. The relevant issues of agency/client/vendor relationships and project management are integrated. Current clients my team and I are working on are Project Bread, A Little Easier Recovery and the Undergraduate Orientation at Simmons College.
Good Co-Workers, Enjoyable Workplace
Junior Programmer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 13, 2014
A typical day included fixing Datatel Screens and writing new subroutines for screens.
This job was my first foray into academic software solutions, but I feel I got the hang of it fairly soon.
Pros
not very uptight atmosphere, friendly co-workers
Cons
some times people outside technology can be hard to work with
No professional development opportunities; no room for advancement
Student Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 13, 2013
I have been here five (5) years and have created/implemented a customer service resource center. Now that it is fully functional, there is no real professional challenge afforded by this job or company.
Pros
good benefits
Flexible Hours
Accounts Receivable Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 1, 2013
Too many new programs added without adding staff to handle them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Simmons College. Our community is ready to answer.

Simmons College Reviews by Location