This is a night shift position with hours 6pm-5am 3 1/2 days per week
To provide support to employees in the facility by First Aid, processing medical paperwork, physical exams, urine tests for substance abuse, dispensing over the counter medication and worker’s compensation procedures.
Essential Job Functions:
- Must have current license as LPN, minimally.
- Must be able to read, write and perform math at a 12th grade level.
- Must be able to use First Aid equipment for employee health checks.
- Must be able to work any scheduled hours as needed.
- Will be able to communicate effectively at all levels from employees to management to physicians, both written and verbal.
- Handles pre-placement physicals on all new hires and records all information on the medical health questionnaire and assists Day shift Nurse in maintaining paperwork as needed.
- Responsible for all personnel and insurance duties for second and third shift employees.
- Conducts pre-employment, post accident, and random drug screens as deemed necessary by Personnel, Safety Director, or Home Office.
- Communicates with doctors and hospitals regarding medical/worker’s compensation claims.
- Processes paperwork for OSHA to meet Federal guidelines.
- Answers phones and assists shift Manager with documents required for daily operation.
- Performs emergency first aid to all employees who require it and orders first aid supplies for facility.
- Participate in and/or attend any committee meeting or team as instructed to by the Safety Director.
- Accomplishes quality performance in all responsibilities being performed in a manner that meets or exceeds expectations of position/company.
- Meets safety requirements in accomplishing responsibilities of this position complying with all
- Accomplishes any other related duties as directed by supervisor.
- Will use CPR equipment, blood pressure equipment and proper operation of Electron Eurometer.
- May also use any personal protective equipment as needed or required.
Simmons has grown up with an approach that results in continuous improvements in everything we do – from advances in processing...