Simmons Foods Employee Reviews

No authority
Poultry Processor (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, ARApril 21, 2017
They have no balance in their work stations. Their managers are not interested in their employees. Authority figures don't do their jobs. No credit or recognition is given where do.
The place to work
FURTHER PROCESSING SUPERINTENDENT (Former Employee) –  Siloam Springs, ARApril 11, 2017
Is were I started should have never left management is involved in the small aspects. They help employees learn and grow within the company they treat people right.
Pros
great place to work
Great Coworkers
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Van Buren, ARApril 10, 2017
Rotating work schedule is great. Coworkers are nice to work with. Decent pay. Long hours. No recognition of hard work. Schedule changes all the time. Free medical clinic with insurance.
Pros
4 day rotation
Cons
long hours, no recognition
It's a paycheck
Electrician and Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, ARApril 9, 2017
Turnover is an issue. Some management personnel are good folks to work with while others are snakes looking only to advance themselves and could care less about their subordinates. Advancement is scarce. They say it's easy at time of interview but once you try to move up in pay or get a better position, you get the run around. I moved on. Too much drama.
Pros
Most people are good to work with.
Cons
No to slow pay advancement, bird dogging management.
very interesting awesome
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARApril 1, 2017
Interact with different people (race) they are all very friendly and fun to work with and learn from. Learn how to do different things and give you the opportunity to learn new things.
Pros
benefits are amazing and coworkers and boss are awesome
Cons
cold and sometimes kinda chaotic
balanced job
Waste Water Technician (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ARMarch 30, 2017
well balanced job in all aspects. good pay for the area and decent management. job culture was really good mixture of people and personality. not much for job advancement but security wise your good.
Pros
laid back enviorment
Cons
not enough pay
Poor treatment of employees
Pallet jack operator (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, ARMarch 29, 2017
The leads and supervisors showed favoritism to certain groups of workers, and if you reported these events through the correct channels you will be treated poorly unlti you quit
Pros
Great pay, easy to advance to better positions, lots of overtime
Cons
If not in a certain group of people, leads will treat you very poorly. Truth
Worst job ever!
Plant Electrician (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, ARMarch 29, 2017
The worst management I have ever seen HR won't do anything to help you if you're not Hispanic they allow stuff to go on that would get u fired anywhere else without consequences but yet run off good employees for no reason. The maintenance manager is a P0S! He will not support you or guide you all he would do is criticize you. in the seven month timeframe I was there I watched 9 other maintenance employees come and go this job will drive you to drinking!
Pros
Pay was decent
Cons
Good luck getting a raise
fun to work for
Floor Person (Former Employee) –  Southwest City, MOMarch 22, 2017
Chicken chicken and more chicken i took totes of chicken and dumped them into a machine called a resizer and walked around the room waiting for totes toget full and i would dump them again shift was 1155pmtill9am
Pros
paid every week
Cons
short breaks long nights
This company may be good in other areas but southwest city not good
Pallet Jack Operator (Former Employee) –  Southwest City, MOMarch 17, 2017
The company could be a great company but the management not the best ." They tend to show favoritism to women more so then men , you have bosses that do illegal thing that should not to there employees. And you have no way of moving up in the company.
Pros
Clean cafeteria and on site doctor
Cons
It what you make it
Not a great place for substitutes
People Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, ARMarch 14, 2017
Many schools in the district were a great place for learning; others were poorly managed. The successful schools were in high income level areas. Worst schools were in poor neighborhoods.
very productive
Laundry Worker (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, ARMarch 11, 2017
I liked it for awhile til I started having problems with troublesome guys when cleaning the mens restrooms. My supervisor wouldn't do anything so i always had to go to the superintendent. I liked that i could work at my own pace and my job and task were always completed.
Pros
work at my own pace and always busy
Cons
not very good healthcare
awesome place to work
Line Leader (Former Employee) –  Southwest City, MOMarch 5, 2017
it was fun and fast pace very clean and well maintain great upper management very nice company to work for they care about the people that work for them
it was not fun at all
Leg quarters (Former Employee) –  ArkansasMarch 1, 2017
they yell at you for no resson what i learned to work there is not to work there the management sucks you are dealing with chickens dealing with other people slack that they do not want to do it at all when i got to go home.
Manifest (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, ARFebruary 12, 2017
Fast paced job. Very different environment. Always new people. I had a very nice supervisor and the people I worked with were very nice as well. Big company
A good place to work
Line work (Former Employee) –  Vanburen arFebruary 8, 2017
It's a good job to have if u want to work nights! Most of them are friendly and love doing their job!! It also has pretty good benefits!!! It's just really hard to get on with day shift unless you get hired on with first shift and it's hard to work nights with children, so I would say it's definitely not a job for anyone.
Pros
Friendly and good benefits
Cons
Youre constantly on your feet standing in one place for 8 hours or more
This is a great company to work for with lots of oppurtunity for advanement
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Van Buren, ARFebruary 8, 2017
This is a great company to work for with lots of oppurtunity for advancement. they always put people first and listen to any ideas you may have to help improve the company.
Pros
free medical clinic
Cons
Great place to get my feet wet
Junior Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Siloam Springs, ARJanuary 16, 2017
A little under a year interning here and I feel like I picked up a lot of design knowledge. It gave me a look into the marketing world and what it all entailed. I worked on a much smaller scale team of designers than Walmart with two design heads and myself and one other graphic design intern as "junior designers". We had a lot of creative freedom and I got to put my design skills to the test with package design, product photography, menu board layouts, banners and signing for events and shows, and more. It was a great place to get my feet wet in the design and marketing field.
Pros
Creative freedom, flexible work schedule
Cons
Contradicting management at times
Good Company
Maitenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, ARJanuary 12, 2017
It was a good company to work for. I learned how to work on machines. The pay could have been better. The pay could have been better.
Great place to work.
Network Manager (Former Employee) –  Siloam Springs, ARDecember 28, 2016
I worked at Simmons home office for 5 years. My job gave me the opportunity to work with most of the employees at one time or another. First you must remember/realize what and where you are working. It is a chicken plant and that is the point. You will be cold,wet,busy and not able to properly hear. You must doff/don equipment before you go into any production facility. This is not an environment for primadonas. I worked with Mark and Todd both and also their families. They are awesome people. It is a wonderful place to work. In the office area there is great comradery and friendship,they are most understanding of family issues. The work is very hard but they are a small company and try to pay everyone well. My hiring benefits package was generous. One thing about the company is that if you have a real problem in your life, they will try everything they can to help before they just let you go. At least this was my experience. There is also the company medical clinics which are available 5 days a week. Also have a very talented safety team, refrigeration poses many serious safety concerns. About the only negative thing I can say is that some of the buildings are VERY old and require lots of work.
Pros
Good overall working environments and good people.
Cons
Real ones? Environmental but they are working on it. :-)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Simmons Foods. Our community is ready to answer.