Simmons Foods Employee Reviews in United States

good place to get hands on experience
supervisor (Former Employee) –  ArkansasJanuary 16, 2016
Good place to get hands on experience, the management team are not consistent with their decisions for salary employees
fun work place
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, ARSeptember 2, 2015
co-workers are fun and easy to get along with, easy to get OT if you need it, real great benefits, holiday pay, insurance, they make sure you are covered for everything
Pros
fun environment
Cons
no overtime for qa
Self Motivated and Self Starter
Administration Associate/Parts Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Van Buren, AROctober 20, 2015
My job as an Administration Assistance/Parts Room Attendants helps me acknowledge the importance of accuracy and organization. Each item in stock must be count to make sure that the numbers matches our inventory. It’s very critical due to the funds that we allowed each week. My co-worker and I work as a team. The hardest part is the long hours we have to be in one facility. They most enjoyable part of my job is the multiple culture diversity that I had been exposed too.
Pros
improvement in organization skills
Cons
Job is a 12 hours shifts
Simmon's food
Production (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, MIApril 5, 2016
The job itself wasn't complicated,the hours you start & got off is hard to adjust. I learned to adjust to the cold environments (freezer warehouse production) work on all variety of lines that change pace on hourly bases. All of the people i work with are fun loving individuals with alot of spunk and charisma. Management was okay no real complaints on my behalf.
Pros
weekly pay, good insurance
Cons
late hours, you stand a lot, cold
Very fast paced
Lead/Trainer/QA (Former Employee) –  Siloam Springs, ARMarch 19, 2016
This has variety of different climates in the various departments. It is a good job if you are will to work and work hard. Although it may look easy, it is not. I enjoy the fast pace environment.
Pros
Recognition for a job well done
Cons
Hard work
Review
Temp. Taker (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, ARNovember 18, 2015
had a good experience at what it was like working inside of a cook plant. Lot more expected, but went pretty well. the hours aren't too bad, but management always have some type of way to let you know how you're doing.
Pros
pay rate
Working
Egg picker (Current Employee) –  CoelMarch 31, 2016
Well working with other people can be complicated in the beginning. But later on you get use to it. It is fun. I learn to get along with others very well. Working a long day is tiring. My co-workers were very friendly. The most fun part was talking to customers.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Yikes
Scaler (Former Employee) –  Southwest cityJanuary 31, 2016
I am a hard worker but wasn't good enough here. Supervisor actually stands behind workers and timed them to see how many boxes scaled per minute.faster!!!! Cold environment. Can't use restroom if you have to go. High turnaround. Many people leave because of carpel. No rotation. Not many people speak English. Sorry about negativity but anywhere else would be better!
Pros
A paycheck
Cons
Everything else
Co-workers always nice, ready to help you on anything.
Debone (Current Employee) –  Southwest City, MONovember 17, 2015
Supervisors always looking up for you, helping you to get a better job to be become someone in life. Simmons has many opportunities for students who want to continue with their career or start one. Simmons also has a lot of overtime and that my friend is the best thing a job can offer to you.
Shipping/Receiving Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Van Buren, AROctober 9, 2015
I have enjoyed growing and gaining experience with Simmons Foods. Management is not over bearing and you feel like you make an impact and are an important part of the company.
Pros
advancement
Cons
?
Good place to work people are first class
Grinding Room Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pennsauken, NJSeptember 23, 2015
I manage 35 people in the grinding room, production, and packaging. I work 12 hour shifts for 3.5 days then off for 3.5 days. I have learned a lot about pet food canning, lean initiatives, and safety in the canning industry. My coworkers are great, Management is very supportive. The hardest part of the job is when equipment fails and we need to meet orders. The most enjoyable part is working in the team environment we have.
Pros
healthcare, schedule
Cons
Getting the floor personnel motivated.
good place to work
Marinater (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, ARJanuary 26, 2016
I worked at the Main street plant. relaxed environment with helpful managers that listen to their employees. The only downside is that the hours can very day by day
Pros
Got to leave early all the time due to overstaffing
Cons
Not enough hours
Great company very family oriented
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Southwest City, MODecember 18, 2015
I have not worked for Simmons for very long, but in my short time the whole team has been more than welcoming. From what I see most employees are happy to be here and get along well together. I will try to update this as I gain years with Simmons.
Outgoing Nigh Shift- With hard working individuals
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Siloam Springs, AROctober 3, 2012
A typical day at work consists of not only trying to meet daily, weekly and monthly goals, night shift was a really fun, laid back, type of work. People were outgoing, independent, funny and kind. I would say you have to be a specific type of person to handle a night shift at Simmons Foods.

My favorite part of the job was working with people who I would be friends with. It was more like a little family than co-workers.

The hardest part of the job was the drama, it seemed like there was a constant negativity in the establishment between day shift and night shift.
Pros
kind employees, hard working individuals
Cons
raises came with time- rather than hard work
Good work enviroment
Forklift Driver/ Back up Lead (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, ARNovember 17, 2012
Driving Forklifts to keep the line fed with totes of chicken. I learned how to drive a forklift and palletjack safely and effectively, along with keeping track of inventory on the shipping dock. The management was very nice and courtious, always there to loan a helping hand or answer any questions you may have. Co-workers were all very respectful and overall fun to work with. The hardest part of the job were the hours i had working 3rd shift from 10 at night until 7 in the morning. The most enjoyable part of this job would probably of been my co-workers.
Pros
very good benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance.
Not a good atmosphere
Shipping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, ARApril 23, 2012
Work was challenging and fun. I learned how to manage people better and I got an in-depth knowledge of lean systems. Management was a bit nonchalant about major issues but raised cain on minor issues. Some of the co-workers were nice, others were backstabbers. The hardest part about the job was dealing with a confused shift manager that loved chaos. And the best part of the job was working with production and the truck drivers.
Pros
free clinic
Cons
controlled chaos and confusion centered
Responsive to the needs of the customer
Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee) –  Van Buren, ARJune 9, 2015
Each day I show up early to inspect the tote covers and make sure they are clean and secure. I will then fill the position of manifestor, pallet jack, and forklift operator, or any other position needed in any part of the plant that I was currently. I have learned that the key to a successful day is great foresight in management and communication from staff. My co-workers each have a task and we are able to communicate for most of the time. What I do not like is the lack of listening from my lead about what is a good alternative to any situation, and the lack of experience in the field.
Pros
Cleanliness and Payment punctuality
Cons
Lack of real concern of opinions of staff under leads
Long night shift
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Decatur, AROctober 16, 2015
The nights were long for me because the supervisor was not efficient with his workers and he had me work by myself most of the time I was employed yet expected me to keep up. My co-workers disapproved of his work as well and I did not feel that the pay was worth my efforts there.
Over all the job is not all that bad
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ARSeptember 9, 2015
The people I work with are great but the hours of my shift are terrible. Some the management here is not as smart as they should be
Pros
Its a paycheck
Cons
hours
productive enviroment
Embrex (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ARAugust 12, 2015
I helped vaccinate the eggs using the Embrex machine. We had to sort the bad eggs from the good ones. The eggs were sent down a line through each setter where we had to make sure they was good then deliver the vaccine. Some eggs can explode or the bad eggs that will not hatch. Those eggs we had to remove and disposed of properly.