Simon & Schuster

Simon & Schuster Employer Reviews

Easy Work
Emailed supervisor (Former Employee), RiversideApril 23, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: not too much work
Every day was good day. I disliked when we short handed. Staff was very nice and made me feel comfortable.
AMAZING place to work
Shipping Coordinator (Former Employee), Riverside, NJApril 7, 2014
They have one of the BEST company mottos and they stick to it....very nice to see.
It was a wonderful experience working for them. I use to get free books.
Personal Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 31, 2014
Pros: free books!
Cons: no health care, off the books, when manager went on vacation i didn't get hours.
Learned how to be a bit more fast paced while working here.
The manager was friendly, and very caring.
Decent pay rate.
Loved working in the city.
Met new people everyday (including celebrities).
fun and rewarding workplace
Human Resource Associate (Former Employee), Riverside, NJOctober 1, 2013
Pros: 1 hour lunch - cafe onsite
working was very busy at times but rewarding, knowing that you were able to help employees.

in Human Resources you were always learning as you go.

co-workers became part of your family.

hardest part was not having an answer to the employees problem.

getting to know the employees and the interaction with them.
Productive work environment with fun co-workers
Coordinator, Sales and Client Communications (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 21, 2013
Pros: hour long lunches
Cons: low salary
My job requires a lot of desk work, which includes using our company's various systems to process/manage sales requests.

This is only my first job out of college, so I have learned how to adapt to a work environment

I love my co-workers and bosses. We make a great team and I feel confident in asking them for help with anything at all. We have established – more... this bond overtime.

The hardest part of my job is time management.

The most enjoyable part of my job is when my colleages are appreciative for the work I do for them. – less
Great people to work with
Material Handler II (Former Employee), Riverside, NJAugust 15, 2012
Pros: during the summer months they will give you extra break and have free water ice for all employee
Was A temp for the summer .

The job was great but hard work learned how to use voice command made picking so much easier then hand picking always know where you stop at know where to pick back up too.

September 13, 2012

Hi i saw that u previously worked for the Simon & Schuster company and that you where from Riverside.. Can u tell me how to get there to the company by bus or light rail.?

Productive and fun workplace
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Delran, NJAugust 5, 2012
Pros: employee book store, early dismissal prior to some major holidays
Cons: half hour lunches
I loved my position at Simon & Schuster overall; however, there was no career advancement within the Delran office. A typical day at work usually began with an early arrival, usually before anyone else in the department; checking e-mails, looking over my manager's calendar to see what meetings were scheduled for the day and whether or not there were – more... any meeting conflicts. Depending upon the day of the week, prepare weekly hold reports for review and distribution. The department was cohesive for the most part and worked well together. The most difficult part of the job was accepting that S&S is not a perfect company and overlooking some inappropriate behavior for fear of repercussion. The most enjoyable part of the job was the ability to complete my daily tasks without strict supervision and the trust I was given by management and frequently sharing a laugh with co-workers. – less
Decent place to work
Work Flow Coordinator (Current Employee), Riverside, NJJuly 25, 2012
Pros: good benifits
Cons: hot warehouse
Decent place to work with reasonable magnement and work environment.
Productive and fun
warehouse (Former Employee), Bristol, PAJuly 12, 2012
It was challenging and you got to learn a lot of jobs.Management at the end just got worse.
Simon & Schuster
Laborer (Former Employee), Riverside, NJMarch 27, 2012
Pros: great job
Cons: superviser was controlling and power hunger
Simon & Schuster was my first job though another temp. it was the great job.sad to sayh that the the superviser was like many other human being to controlling and power hunger