simon contractors Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
let you do your job, once buyout of company and got larger it changed.
A. Plant manager (Former Employee) –  Gillette, WYJuly 17, 2017
Overall first year we had fun and made money at same time. Then they purchased a oldcastle company and there guys were put in charge of simon guys. And for me it wasnt a good situation.
Pros
Room for Growth
Cons
Like most new management taking the team work out of it
Once they grew they lost there values. It turned into everbody for themselves no more team...
Plant Worker (Former Employee) –  Gillette, WYMarch 12, 2016
Was good was a good team. They grew then it went to everybody for them selves no more team. Downhill in the management. Going to work worried about your job isnt a good. The purchases of companies and new management took the simons that i enjoyed and made them the type of company i was glad to get away from.
loved being outdoors
Survey Crew (Former Employee) –  Scottsbluff, NEDecember 10, 2014
worked a long time for this company and love being outdoors and traveling
asphalt and concrete material production and jobsite delivery
driver (Current Employee) –  Laramie, WYAugust 9, 2014
I arrive when requested and perform whatever tasks that are required of me . I learn new and valuable insights each and every day pertaining to the transportation industry thru trial and experience as each situation arises and I am responsible for onsight problem resolution , in field customer coordination as well as equipment maintenance. I work with and support all management decisions and work closely with all supervisory personnel involved with the safe and timely completion of company objectives and responsibilities while increasing company productivity. Hardest part of the job is the unpredictable nature of demand and coordination with personal finances depending on the reliability of obsolete and unsafe equipment.being an intricate part of the maintenance, growth and progress of the city I live in for myself and future generations to come.
Pros
financial potential
Cons
financial and seasonal work instability
Decent work environment
Equipment operator (Former Employee) –  North Platte, NEFebruary 28, 2014
Daily work would start at different times, it was very unorganized. Management was not trained well, which could not train us properly. I did learn how to operated multiple pieces of equiptment. The hardest part of the job was creating easier ways to do things, but was not allowed. The most enjoyable part of the job was working outdoors.
Pros
Outdoor work environment
Cons
Never Home