Simon Property Group

Simon Property Group Employee Reviews

Great Company but very poor management
Assistant (Current Employee), IndianapolisJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Pay and Benefits
Cons: Poor management and accountability
No management structure or accountability. Company of great longevity definitely should be more involved in department structure when it comes to management.
When you're everything you become nothing
Director of Marketing & Business Development (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 28, 2015
Pros: In the field you can walk the mall to get out of your office.
Cons: Culture of fear. Yelling. Cursing. No tuition reimbursement. No corporate childcare.
Simon employees were once ranked "most valuable employees" by S&P; what that means is they are bringing in the best returns with the least number of employees (ie: every employee is doing what other companies have 2 or 3+ employees doing).
When you wear every 'hat' you're not able to give 110% to anything; or you have to figure out which wrist you prefer to get slapped (decide which components in your role you want to be seen as best and which you want to apologize for..).
Mall marketing in Simon is becoming more and more like being a corporate puppet, more and more top-down instruction (ie: anything we used to do that was a valuable career skill was starting to be controlled by corporate).
When you get out of Simon after being everything in your role you realize recruiters have a tough time figuring out exactly what you are as a professional.
In the end after a glowing performance review and top level bonus, +raise, Simon terminated me when I informed them that I had to get a protective order against my estranged husband. They tried to offer me about $5800 to say I resigned and sign that I would not sue but I declined. (This was legal in the state of Indiana but is now illegal since July 1, 2015...) Simon is very much in to giving shoppers the perception that malls are safe when really they have no control; any number of shoppers on any day could have a protective order against someone else, or even be carrying a gun. - and by the way, as marketing director you also handle all crisis PR and respond to many nighttime/weekend security issues since you're also part of the 'mall management team' (which means you also work two or more Saturday's per month).
Definitely don't work for Simon if you have [a] child[ren].. the culture is so dated... Your kids will end up thinking either you or you and them live at the mall because you'll be there so much.
And then there's the divorce rate in the company.... oh my...
Working
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLJune 29, 2015
The Melbourne Square mall a different then any job that you would ever work for it has its ups and downs, the pay is low and the demands are high.
Worst Company to Work For
Office Administrator (Current Employee), CaliforniaJune 11, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Working here, unfair treatment, salary/corporate employees and hourly employees, expected to work holidays, expected to do other's work, while you get a small paycheck, very stressful, impossible expectations, feeling like you stepped back in time to the 60's, 70's when it comes to treatment and software
If you like working tons of over time, working holiday's while the salary and corporate people have all holiday's off plus the day before and after, if you like working in a demoralizing, demeaning, retaliatory, harassing and insulting culture - then this is the perfect job for you.

The Office Administrator position is horrible to be in, you do everyone's job, work tons of over time, you are a supervisor, but you receive no respect or benefits as the rest of the managers do.

Simon is not a family friendly company at all - they expect you to put them first at all times. The management usually has no clue how to do their job or what to do, so that is where the office administrator comes into play, you get to do all their work and they get the pay and benefits for it (not to mention the praise and respect).

All I can say is just RUN!!!! Do not work for this company unless you are into this type of culture and abuse.
Challenging, fast paced changing environment
VP FINANCIAL SYSTEM INTEGRATION (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 26, 2015
Challenging, fast paced environment. Good working relationships with co-workers.

Typical day was consulting with business teams and IT teams working on implementing new budgeting and forecasting software.
Easy job with great people
Guest Services Manager (Current Employee), Tacoma, WAMay 3, 2015
Pros: flexible in/out times
Cons: dealing with disgruntled guests
Spend a few hours in the Guest Services Booth dealing with mall guests. Check out wheelchairs, sell giftcards, direct to stores. Fulfill corporate giftcards orders. Hire and train new staff members.
Manage the Kidgits Club. Plan & organize weekend events for children.
Working in the booth is extremely easy, although it does get frustrating to hear the same questions/complaints 50 times a day. Not a lot of room for advancement unless you're willing to relocate.
Great First Job
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee), Santa RosaMay 1, 2015
This is a great first job but there are no opportunities to further advance within the company and they do not give any raises.
Awesome Job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Ellenton, FLApril 23, 2015
It's an awesome job and the people I work with are great. I enjoy interacting with the customers and being able to help them out on a face to face level.
High Expectations little training
Operations Director (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMApril 12, 2015
Pros: decent pay
Cons: long hours no support
Upper Management demands are hard to achieve. Lack of support and quick to throw you under the bus!! Long hours and no time to use your vacation or other time.
Ha, I see they're looking for yet another manager for Brea
Security Manager (Former Employee), Brea, CaliforniaApril 2, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: Read the review
Perhaps the worst corporate culture since the firing squad. I know many people will take what they can get these days, just be prepared to sell you soul and watch out for the back stabbers.

A typical day consists of watching your back for ladder climbers that will throw you in front of the bus they are driving.

What I learned: Never to work for Simon again.

Management: HA. doing unreasonable stuff for morons is the best description.

Co-Workers: Mostly ladder climbing back stabbers, gossipers, and knitting club cat ladies.

Hardest Part of the Job: Wondering if you be fired every day or wanting to slit your wrists.

Most enjoyable part: There is nothing enjoyable about working for Simon.
Give great customer service to the mall guest.
Guest Service Representative/ Receptionist (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 27, 2015
I help customers find what they are looking for. I help my co-workers out when they need help, we work as team. I am also the receptionist a few days out the week for mall management.
Overall Good company to work for
Area Guest Services Manager (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 2, 2015
Good workplace, learned and grew in my position. My customer service and management skills really grew working with Simon
Its a pretty easy job
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee), Harrisonburg, VAFebruary 27, 2015
Selling gift cards, and being a customer representative in the mall is a pretty nice and relaxing job. Out office was located near the end on a pretty deserted side of the mall so it wasn't overly difficult.
Best Job Ever
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee), Memphis, TNFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: everything
Cons: low pay no hours
I worked as Guest Service Rep at Oak Court loved the laid back environment and helping out customers. I learned how to use a cashier, handle money, and deal with consumers. Worked right in front the food court (best part about). kool manager at times. I would totally recommend this job
company
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PAFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: stability
Cons: management
They are a big company and very stable but a lot of changes, training, not friendly environment, no life balance, no commission, poor benefits and bad health insurance.
Detailed
Shopping mall Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Mission Viejo CaJanuary 28, 2015
Lots of people interaction
Must be detail oriented
Lots of cash handling
Good co-workers
Great people and a great place to work
Guest Services Representative (Current Employee), Whitehall Township, PAJanuary 19, 2015
Providing a constant exercise of people skills, Guest Services with Simon Properties helps all employees grow to be a core member of any teams.
horrible place to work so much drama
maintenance (Former Employee), monroe ohioJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: discounts at stores
Cons: management communication sucks pay sucks
The company as a whole sucks no room for growth no say in anything everyone acts so fake the supervisor of maintenance is having an affiar its just horrible
Everybody has there clicks nobody seems to care about your feelings or your work ethic can't even talk to property manager privately
Challenging experience
Office Administrator (Current Employee), Camarillo, CANovember 28, 2014
Pros: team work
Cons: growth within the company
Majority of the employees are cross-trained in various positions as they are expected to be able to answer questions if need. Positions with the company can be very challenging to its employees, making the quality of their jobs above average. Employees become knowledgeable from working directly with my managers. The atmosphere in the management office is that of a close knit of friends.
Great fast paced environment
Customer service (Current Employee), Knoxville, TN.October 14, 2014
Simon Property Group has great management and is willing to help their employees with anything. My co-workers are always helpful. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know our customers. The hardest part of the job is when it is holiday time and customers are very temperamental. Otherwise, it is an overall great place to work.

1 2 3 4

About Simon Property Group

Simon says: "Shop!" And millions do. Simon Property Group is the largest shopping mall and retail center owner in the US, with – Read more

Simon Property Group Salaries