Simon Property Group Employee Reviews

Job with Industry leader
Managing Attorney (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 15, 2018
A typical day in the life of a Simon employee is to be able to juggle multiple tasks, keep up with the fast paced environment and demands from management. There is a cohesive team environment which helps with meeting the job demands.
Pros
Competive health care, free gym access and parking
Cons
Low work-life balance
Very stressful environment
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Ashwaubenon, WIJanuary 10, 2018
The corporate culture was very challenging. As a team, we achieved many great things. It was enjoyable to work with the team along with community leaders.
Great Company
Security Director (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJanuary 10, 2018
Simon Property Group is one of the best companies I have worked for. They have no lack of cooperation between coporate and the needs of their employees.
Good Place
GSR Representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 2, 2018
It is a good place to work. You meet a lot of people from different Countries. It is nice to be helpful. The hardest part of the job are the upset customers you may encounter in a day. But I always do my best to have a great day at work.
Ok place if your just starting out
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  TexasDecember 26, 2017
Pay and benefits are ok but management is constantly calling you to the office then complains why your work isn't finished. Management needs improving to keep good employees
Pros
Ok pay benifits are decent
Cons
Short breaks management treats you like children
Fun place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterford, CTDecember 6, 2017
Nice, relaxed comfortable atmosphere to work in. Management team is great. Holiday time gets very busy with alot of customers coming into the office to purchase mall giftcards.
Fast paced fun place to work
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CADecember 5, 2017
Very fast paced environment, lots to do, never ending tasks. But great challenges to prove yourself in the position with raises to complement it. Some weekends and Holidays are required. Holidays are extremely busy.
Overall Good place to work
Sr. Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 30, 2017
Over all good place to work, but does not offer a good work life balance. Also, salaried employees go by the same guide lines as hourly paid employees.
Best Job I've ever had!!!
Files Document Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 20, 2017
Simon is a wonderful place to work. The benefits are amazing. People who are hired on here STAY. This is my bread and butter job and I have no intention of leaving. I am just looking for a weekend leasing consultant position to increase my income.
Training and advancement available
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAOctober 31, 2017
All of the Simon employees are friendly anf helpful which is good because there is a lot to learn but it is a fun process. Very stable company to work for with benefits.
Each office is different
OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 18, 2017
Office I was at has closed down. low salary for a lot of work, some mangers are ok, Fun office just horrible pay. Pay may be better at a corporate office
Pros
laid back
Cons
salary
Mail attentant
administrative assistant/support coordinator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 5, 2017
Fun place to work. Just that I had no room for advancement. I work in the mail room, when the regular attendance is on vacation and work in the maintenance department.
No Comment
Central Plant Supervisor (Current Employee) –  pentagon City, Arlington VASeptember 4, 2017
Am not happy on the very slow resoponse/down play/reject to reports I make as regards to timely repair and maintenance of the equipment. This caused me to frasterate and stress. The Mall we have is technically a dying Mall.
Great part time job!
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Greendale, WIAugust 30, 2017
I got this job first as a seasonal position during the holidays. Once the holidays were done they asked me to stay on and honestly I never had a day where I felt like I was dreading work. I really loved this job!
Pays well, but tough environment
Vice President of Marketing (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 28, 2017
Tough and stressful work environment that required you to always be on top of your game. Excellent pay and benefits are two key factors why people work for Simon, but there is little to no work life balance.
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits
Cons
Poor work life balance
Good place to gain exposure
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEAugust 24, 2017
Great people and environment, it is a great opportunity to learn the industry. Plenty of relocation opportunities if you are open to that. Definitely good benefits and pay for the amount of effort required.
Pros
great people, good environment
Cons
mall opportunities for advancement have been cut due to budget cuts
Review Summary
Legal Development Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 24, 2017
Great learning experience and very much a change of pace from most jobs. Very detail oriented job. Work is always changing and providing new challenges.
Poor management
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CAAugust 21, 2017
It was an opportunity that I'm grateful for but I would never recommend anyone to work for Simon Property Group. Wages were on the lower end, not much cultural diversity.
Very busy and productive workday
Central Plant Tech (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 21, 2017
I am constantly busy with various tasks throughout the day from repairing carpet, lights and plumbing. In between times we are asked to stop what we are doing to get a major job done with all hands on deck. The hardest part of the job is not knowing what is going on so that we can schedule our tasks better. The camaraderie is great. Everyone has a great sense of humor.
Pros
1 hour lunch, free drinks
Cons
no room for advancement at location
Hateful Management
Mall Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 19, 2017
For some reason, to be a RVP you have to be rude and think too highly of yourself.. Upper management dumps on them and it all flows downhill to the Mall Manager. Regional tells Mall Managers to continue to cut their budgets. This is money the retailers pay into for common area maintenance for flowers, customer service, safety, security, parking lot improvements, to keep the parking lot lights on, custodial, etc. No money to fix it, just paint it and go on. The pay is good if you want a corporation to own your life and soul. There is no workplace culture. The closest thing to a culture is the fear they push down on the malls each and every day.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Management; long hours; fear

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Simon Property Group. Our community is ready to answer.