Simon Property Group

Simon Property Group Employee Reviews

Easy job with great people
Guest Services Manager (Current Employee), Tacoma, WAMay 3, 2015
Pros: flexible in/out times
Cons: dealing with disgruntled guests
Spend a few hours in the Guest Services Booth dealing with mall guests. Check out wheelchairs, sell giftcards, direct to stores. Fulfill corporate giftcards orders. Hire and train new staff members.
Manage the Kidgits Club. Plan & organize weekend events for children.
Working in the booth is extremely easy, although it does get frustrating to hear the same questions/complaints 50 times a day. Not a lot of room for advancement unless you're willing to relocate.
Great First Job
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee), Santa RosaMay 1, 2015
This is a great first job but there are no opportunities to further advance within the company and they do not give any raises.
Awesome Job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Ellenton, FLApril 23, 2015
It's an awesome job and the people I work with are great. I enjoy interacting with the customers and being able to help them out on a face to face level.
High Expectations little training
Operations Director (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMApril 12, 2015
Pros: decent pay
Cons: long hours no support
Upper Management demands are hard to achieve. Lack of support and quick to throw you under the bus!! Long hours and no time to use your vacation or other time.
Ha, I see they're looking for yet another manager for Brea
Security Manager (Former Employee), Brea, CaliforniaApril 2, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: Read the review
Perhaps the worst corporate culture since the firing squad. I know many people will take what they can get these days, just be prepared to sell you soul and watch out for the back stabbers.

A typical day consists of watching your back for ladder climbers that will throw you in front of the bus they are driving.

What I learned: Never to work for Simon again.

Management: HA. doing unreasonable stuff for morons is the best description.

Co-Workers: Mostly ladder climbing back stabbers, gossipers, and knitting club cat ladies.

Hardest Part of the Job: Wondering if you be fired every day or wanting to slit your wrists.

Most enjoyable part: There is nothing enjoyable about working for Simon.
Give great customer service to the mall guest.
Guest Service Representative/ Receptionist (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 27, 2015
I help customers find what they are looking for. I help my co-workers out when they need help, we work as team. I am also the receptionist a few days out the week for mall management.
Overall Good company to work for
Area Guest Services Manager (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 2, 2015
Good workplace, learned and grew in my position. My customer service and management skills really grew working with Simon
Its a pretty easy job
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee), Harrisonburg, VAFebruary 27, 2015
Selling gift cards, and being a customer representative in the mall is a pretty nice and relaxing job. Out office was located near the end on a pretty deserted side of the mall so it wasn't overly difficult.
Best Job Ever
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee), Memphis, TNFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: everything
Cons: low pay no hours
I worked as Guest Service Rep at Oak Court loved the laid back environment and helping out customers. I learned how to use a cashier, handle money, and deal with consumers. Worked right in front the food court (best part about). kool manager at times. I would totally recommend this job
company
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PAFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: stability
Cons: management
They are a big company and very stable but a lot of changes, training, not friendly environment, no life balance, no commission, poor benefits and bad health insurance.
Detailed
Shopping mall Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Mission Viejo CaJanuary 28, 2015
Lots of people interaction
Must be detail oriented
Lots of cash handling
Good co-workers
Great people and a great place to work
Guest Services Representative (Current Employee), Whitehall Township, PAJanuary 19, 2015
Providing a constant exercise of people skills, Guest Services with Simon Properties helps all employees grow to be a core member of any teams.
horrible place to work so much drama
maintenance (Former Employee), monroe ohioJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: discounts at stores
Cons: management communication sucks pay sucks
The company as a whole sucks no room for growth no say in anything everyone acts so fake the supervisor of maintenance is having an affiar its just horrible
Everybody has there clicks nobody seems to care about your feelings or your work ethic can't even talk to property manager privately
Challenging experience
Office Administrator (Current Employee), Camarillo, CANovember 28, 2014
Pros: team work
Cons: growth within the company
Majority of the employees are cross-trained in various positions as they are expected to be able to answer questions if need. Positions with the company can be very challenging to its employees, making the quality of their jobs above average. Employees become knowledgeable from working directly with my managers. The atmosphere in the management office is that of a close knit of friends.
Great fast paced environment
Customer service (Current Employee), Knoxville, TN.October 14, 2014
Simon Property Group has great management and is willing to help their employees with anything. My co-workers are always helpful. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know our customers. The hardest part of the job is when it is holiday time and customers are very temperamental. Otherwise, it is an overall great place to work.
Mall atmosphere, staff impecable
Specialty Leasing Representative (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLOctober 2, 2014
Pros: great co- workers; travel; commission
Cons: job security
Learned all necessary leasing policy and procedures; No day was the same; loved selling to potential business owners to launch and market new concepts.
Job security and alot of hard work. I like that!
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee), Tyler, TXSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: knowing all the staff from all the stores.
Cons: i did all the hard work
The hardest part of my job was that I truly did do most of the difficult tasks. Management knew it and used that to their advantage. But I did what I was told none the less. I go to work and do my job as best as I know how. I like to work and hope to get paid accordingly. But the best part of my job is seeing the completed work and that it got done by ME! We were supposed to be a team (my co-worker and I) but in this case, I guess there was an "I" in team. But the job still got done. Ask anyone!
Great Place to Work
Customer Service/Sales Representative (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 27, 2014
I have been with SPG for 10 years and appreciate the consistent work schedule, kindness of staff and ability to grow my customer service and sales skills.
Great place to work. Great manager. Full time not an option.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Waterford, CTJuly 30, 2014
Pros: great place to work. great manager
Cons: full time not an option.
Great place to work. Great manager. Full time not an option.
New experiance working in the leasing department
Administrative Assistant (Temporary Coverage) (Former Employee), Roseland, NJJuly 21, 2014
Responsible for the preparation of 4 large retail trade shows & conventions both domestic and international (ICSC).
Co-Assist Leasing Team with finalizing deal information (DIF’s), coordinate travel, prepare expense reports, populate proposals, calculate and run reports, input deals into SSLE or other data entry systems, filing and answering phones.
Set up site visits and site information packages for tenants and brokers to for prospective interests in New Development.
Coordination of Lease Plans with CAD on a monthly basis. Use TAP to retrieve leases and other documents as requested.

1 2 3 4

About Simon Property Group

Simon says: "Shop!" And millions do. Simon Property Group is the largest shopping mall and retail center owner in the US, with – Read more

Simon Property Group Salaries