Simon Property Group Employee Reviews

Decent job
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 1, 2016
Ok place to work. Some things could be better. Pay isn't that great considering the fact that more work is added to your load daily. I don't want to discuss it further.
Fun fun fun!
Shuttle Driver (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 8, 2016
I operated their golf carts while attending school and it was super fun! It had its moments of disappointment as any job does but mostly, I enjoyed it. The tips were my moneymaker and I met so many people, I built networks into other future employment opportunities. I cannot say I would work this job again because the atmosphere has changed. When I worked there, I worked amongst such a strong community between us shuttle operators, the mall security team and store employees. Everyone has moved on but I will never forget it.
Pros
Tips and friendships.
Cons
Wages, no benefits or room for advancement.
Lack luster and abusive management tactics
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAAugust 25, 2016
DO NOT bother going to work for this place. The douchebag managers are over glorified salesmen with the arrogance to boot. Even the interview is lack luster. They won't give you time of day, in fact I think they are bigots there. If you value a true career do not bother yourself at the Del Amo location.
Pros
The mall access is right outside
Its a Job
Help Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 9, 2016
If you are looking for a place to get work. and need to learn future skills and would need to be able to get ahead. this is a great place there is no upward movement for the tech side.
Pros
Ok place
Cons
no upward movement
I have been challenged in my position from the first day.
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MNJune 30, 2016
Simon Corporate is very hands-off, preferring each property to operate as an independent entity. They offer very little training to incoming, new employees. As a new Office Administrator coming in to the company at a property that operated without an Office Administrator for 3-4 months, I was given very little guidance or training. I was given the phone number of an OA at another property and the access to the Company's Policies and Procedures and told I could research and find everything I needed to effectively perform the duties required of my position. I rose to the challenge, quickly learned my position, and resolved many Accounts Receivables issues that had grown out of hand during the time with no OA on staff. During this time period, I implemented a new system for Procurement and Accounts Payable very smoothly and with virtually none of the issues that can arise when dealing with a brand new policy dealing with vendors and invoices. After only 8 months in my new position I became a Point of Contact for other Office Administrators and Mall Managers.
Pros
work independently, sarisfaction in self-development
Cons
absense of connection between Corporate and local property, in 3 plus years with the company only 2 Regional VP visits (standard is supposed to be quarterly)
I would never recommend working here.
Marketing Administrator (Former Employee) –  Maine, MEMay 18, 2016
I worked for this company for over a year. My first day there I knew something was off about the environment. I worked in a small mall with no other SPG malls for miles. Within the first few months the office administrator was bullying me mercilessly. The Marketing Director seems nice at first, but as soon as she doesn't like something that you do, she'll turn her back on you and completely throw you under the bus. The mall manager acts like he's all action, but never fully looks at the whole picture of a situation to make a solid conclusion. After being told how I was being treated by the OA, he did nothing. He doesn't stand up for his employees and only tries to cover his own interests. Nearly everyone I met at this company was this way. After getting sick of the environment, I contacted HR. Instead of doing something about it themselves they let the VP's come up and investigate. They didn't try to make the situation more positive, they essentially just said, "make it better or else". Well, it didn't get better. This is not the first time they've had HR related issues either. The Marketing Director was all too willing to tell me about the previous two incidents they'd had before me. This was during my first week. Good luck to the next person in that position; you're going to need it.
Pros
Not working here
Cons
HR is not helpful, work environment is unnecessarily stressful, no real training program, vague job description so they can pile on the work, coworkers that belittle you to build themselves up
Great Desk job
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cabazon, CAMay 6, 2016
Typically a days work as a Simon property group Guest service representative at Desert Hills Premium Outlets is very easy going.
You just have to deal with a lot of foreigners and tourist.
The co-workers are awesome. Great first desk job, great addition to your resume. Hardest part is the extras, like the paperwork, gift card handling, and the horrible computers they provide us with.
Most enjoyable part is interacting with customers.
Pros
Great Lunch breaks & as many short breaks you need
Cons
No benefits
Professional Company that encourages their employee's to be the best professional that they can be.
LOCAL LEASING REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 15, 2016
Simon Property Group encourages employee's to work hard and supports each individual employee in achieving their goals. They promote within which is empowering to every employee.
Pros
Support and encouragement
Simon is a bad company
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  WashingtonFebruary 3, 2016
I would not recommend any part time positions from a Simon mall. They are making a lot of changes in the way they do business, which involves letting go of a lot of employees without notice.
Guest services
Guest Services representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 30, 2016
Thank goodness I left when I did. Job started off tolerable but when I was up for a raise then I was told I had to wait another 6 months. Finally got approved for a raise but didnt kick in for 4 months and they didnt want to retro pay me the difference. So I finally decided to leave. Now I found out they had a meeting and fired the whole department with no notice. This company is thw worse place I've ever worked for.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Fast Paced Environment
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 29, 2015
I worked for this company during a six month internship. My manager provided me with significant feedback, and I was given a lot of autonomy to perform my tasks. All of the employees were friendly and helpful.
Best place I ever worked.
Custodial Worker (Former Employee) –  Kittery, MENovember 21, 2015
It was probably the best job I ever had. The staff was dedicated to keeping the property in stellar condition and they taught me to do that and encouraged me in my career.
Nice company
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Township of Jackson, NJNovember 15, 2015
maintain the center throughout the day. very good company to work for most enjoyable is doing different things each day, hardest part making sure everything is done on time.
Pros
good company
Cons
health benefits
Duties
CORPORATE TAX ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 3, 2015
Kind of a boring job, if you enjoy doing the same thing day in and day out this is the job for you. I prefer to dabble here and there not being pigeon holed to just doing one thing day in and day out.
Great Company to Work For
Specialty Leasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 2, 2015
Good benefits and culture. The largest developer in the mall business. Most cases you must relocate to advance.

Great job to consider if you like to meet and work with diverse group of people,
Exciting job with inefficient upper management lacking in professional communication
Director of Marketing and Business Development (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILOctober 15, 2015
Great company overall with lots of advancement opportunities. However, they do not treat the Director of Marketing and Business Development position with the respect it deserves. Upper management is still run like a family business with people in charge who are borderline abusive with their communications. These people make it hard to do everyday work. When they are not involved, the rest of the team is pleasant and allows for fun and rewarding opportunities. It is a fast paced career with a lot of potential to learn and grow professionally...if you can survive the leadership of certain individuals.
good manager
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St George, VTOctober 12, 2015
The manager was very nice and easy to deal with but the owners were very demanding. First of all what bothered me when they put a big screen tv by the cash register showing only the cashier and cash register and it was very insulting to my character when customers would come up and see that and make comments and it was very humiliating,and then you couldn't eat anything in front of customers when you are the only one there for 9 hours! And closing up at night by myself was scary
Pros
by yourself
Cons
by yourself
Never working for this company again
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXSeptember 30, 2015
The work environment was terrible. When I wss first hired, I had a good manager, then she was promoted and they promoted the newest hire, and youngest prison to be the manager. She wad terrible, and wouldn't hire anyone, which forced me to close 6 nights a week and she would not pitch in. The pay is terrible, and the outlet stays open for all holidays except Christmas, and the employees are forced to work all holidays. Before Christmas the debit machine went down, and to my knowledge, they have not replaced it. The computer software and hardware was so out of date, it felt like a time warp.
Also, the management office messed up my w-4 paperwork, and never did anything about it, I had to email corporate payroll myself to get anything done and it still took over a month to get my first check!
Pros
Great Company but very poor management
Assistant (Current Employee) –  IndianapolisJuly 29, 2015
No management structure or accountability. Company of great longevity definitely should be more involved in department structure when it comes to management.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
Poor management and accountability
Working
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJune 29, 2015
The Melbourne Square mall a different then any job that you would ever work for it has its ups and downs, the pay is low and the demands are high.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Simon Property Group. Our community is ready to answer.