Our mission is committed to providing comprehensive, high-quality diagnostic imaging and superior service in order to meet the needs of our patients, referring physicians and the community. We provide diagnostic care in a friendly, courteous and compassionate environment. Our professional staff continually strives for excellence through continuing education programs and seminars.
Determines patient condition by completing Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) studies; presenting them for diagnosis.
- Greets patients by confirming patient identification; reviewing MRI request; checking for special instructions; confirming anticipated services with patients.
- Gains patient cooperation by reducing anxieties; providing explanations of MRI procedures; explaining equipment; answering questions.
- Conducts MRI studies by positioning patients for optimum scan efficiency; instructing patients as to what they must do during the scan to obtain optimum results; conferring with physicians to determine the proper setting for the scanner; bringing the MRI scanner into operational status; operating the console for the scan procedure; processing hard-copy film for long-term storage and retrieval.
- Minimizes radiation to patient and staff by practicing radiation protection techniques; using beam restrictive devices; applying knowledge of exposure factors.
- Maintains production and quality of MRI studies by following established standards and procedures; developing MRI's; observing MRI results; determining necessary adjustments for optimum results; forwarding completed studies to radiologist for interpretation.
- Ensures operation of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) equipment by completing preventive maintenance on all magnetic resonance or positron imaging equipment, including the scanner, operating console, CRT screens, and associated peripheral equipment; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories.
- Keeps MRI supplies and patient drapes ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt; collecting and processing laundry.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with federal and state legal regulations and Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) requirements.
- Documents patient MRI services by completing patient record charting; generating charge slips.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Must have A.R.R.T. and CPR certification*
*Must have the ability to excel in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision
*Must have excellent technical skills with GE 1.5 and Siemens
Performing Diagnostic Procedures, Use of Medical Technologies, Radiologic Technology, Cardiovascular Technology, Cardiovascular Knowledge, Physiological Knowledge, Customer Focus, Verbal Communication, Informing Others, Dealing with Complexity, Analyzing Information. At least 2 years of experience in the field or in a related area